• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tash

An hour? That's pretty light. I remember one of mine taking 5 hours of straight FATEing.

Try a few days..that Atma grind completely destroyed my will to live..

The wait for the benchmark is killing me. I know Yoshi said April but he doesn't have to wait until the last day in April...

It was mentioned the benchmark will be revealed during the niconico event in Japan this weekend and there are rumors that it will also be released for download (however not with all options available since they supposedly still work on the character creator options for Au Ra).

Stuart444

It was mentioned the benchmark will be revealed during the niconico event in Japan this weekend and there are rumors that it will also be released for download (however not with all options available since they supposedly still work on the character creator options for Au Ra).

Awww... oh well. Still looking forward to the benchmark when they put it up for download. Anything to tide me over until Heavensward.

Tash

Awww... oh well. Still looking forward to the benchmark when they put it up for download. Anything to tide me over until Heavensward.

Take that with a grain of salt. Not sure what is actually true but I am totally with you. Bring on the Benchmark, no matter what!

Conezays

So just got this game to give the trial a go. Is there any way to make the UI/fonts/dialogue bigger than 140 %? Still seems quite small and hard to read for me. Playing on PC and would prefer to play at 1440p, though the dialogue still seemed small for me at 1080p. Any help? Cheers

Anyone?

Conezays

Your HP, MP, TP, hot keys, and quest info, etc. is all fine, but NPC dialog as well as the main chat window seemed especially small to me.

Pressing CTRL+Home maxes out at 140 %. Appreciate any help.

Tash

Your HP, MP, TP, hot keys, and quest info, etc. is all fine, but NPC dialog as well as the main chat window seemed especially small to me.

Not sure how to make it any bigger pressing CTRL+Home. Appreciate any help.

Not home so I can't check but the chat window can be dragged and resized and as I said, I think the cogwheel lets you change font size (might remember wrong, though).

Conezays

Not home so I can't check but the chat window can be dragged and resized and as I said, I think the cogwheel lets you change font size (might remember wrong, though).

Thanks. Yeah you can increase the font size in the chat window, just NPC dialog is the main offender I guess.

Toggling NPC dialog to appear in the chat window is my best bet, I guess. Thanks

Tiops

They really should increase Alexandrite drop rate even more, or lower the price of maps. Come on, Novus is old content for a i110 weapon, expansion is coming up :(

20 alexandrites, 55 to go. I plan on grinding a lot of FATEs during the weekend. But it gets a little boring after a while.

Is the Nexus light grind worse?

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
They really should increase Alexandrite drop rate even more, or lower the price of maps. Come on, Novus is old content for a i110 weapon, expansion is coming up :(

20 alexandrites, 55 to go. I plan on grinding a lot of FATEs during the weekend. But it gets a little boring after a while.

Depends on how much you like Garuda (worse). The step after that is either a breath of fresh air or 50 Dzemael Darkhold runs depending on RNG. Please look forward to it.

aceface

Are you doing hunts? That's the fastest way to get Alex.

Tiops

Depends on how much you like Garuda (worse). The step after that is either a breath of fresh air or 50 Dzemael Darkhold runs depending on RNG. Please look forward to it.
Ugh... I really hope I have some luck with Dzemael and Aurum Vale. Don't want to repeat those a lot.

Are you doing hunts? That's the fastest way to get Alex.
Really? I thought FATE grinding was the best way. How much Allied Seals A marks are giving now?

Nexus' alright nowadays, but you might end up with shitty queues and what not, also there's quite often windows with nothing/garbage for bonus, which makes it pretty annoying, and then you get like 3 good windows in a row so you feel you have to grind them and yeah, it's kinda annoying, just a lot less than it used to be.

Zodiac might be the most annoying step after/before alexandrite. RNG can be really bad on that step.

Zalasta

But yeah, moral of the story: stick it out even if your group wipes a lot and you may just get a pony.

A couple of things I can't stand in Garuda EX. DPS that crowd around where Garuda just jumped instead of spreading out, there is no reason to be hit by the feather dot at all. Tanks that let the thermal low blows up, several times. Such an easy encounter otherwise.

Eyerox

I was running around Coerthas last night with my level 41 Arcanist and a really nice guy started chatting with me about how I should upgrade my job.

I had no idea I could do that. He also said that the game does not necessarily do a very good job at explaining this stuff, but all in all he gave me the right steps to follow. I have to say, that was one of the nicest experiences I have had in an MMO in a very long time. If more players were like that, we would be living in a better world already.

Anyway, halfway done toward being a Summoner now.

Do yourself a favor and join a FC.

Jeels

So, since the PC version is getting those DX11 updates I might finally need to switch from console.

My question is, what gaming PC can I buy that will let me play XIV on max stats (1080P, 60 FPS, all effects, anti alias, DX11, characters everywhere, etc)

scy

Mechanics in Garuda what.

Even EX is just a burnfest now. Nobody got time for mechanics.

Kill things before mechanics even happen.

Finally getting to kill the training dummy! The dream!

Zodiac might be the most annoying step after/before alexandrite. RNG can be really bad on that step.

It might even be worse now than normal since so few people are queuing dungeons to begin with.

aceface

Ugh... I really hope I have some luck with Dzemael and Aurum Vale. Don't want to repeat those a lot.

Really? I thought FATE grinding was the best way. How much Allied Seals A marks are giving now?

If memory serves, A ranks give 40 so 5 A ranks is one Alexandrite. Plus you can turn in the soldiery for maps as well. Get in a hunt party and do fates between spawns.

Tiops

If memory serves, A ranks give 40 so 5 A ranks is one Alexandrite. Plus you can turn in the soldiery for maps as well. Get in a hunt party and do fates between spawns.
I'll try that today, thanks for the help. My wife is having terrible luck with FATEs, she got 8 or 9 Alex while I already have 20.

It might even be worse now than normal since so few people are queuing dungeons to begin with.
My wife plays as SCH, so our queues are always almost instant. But we'll have to complete 2 sets of those Zodiac drops, so that could take a while.

iammeiam

Galen's fault for signing a farming contract with no opt-out clause.

His suffering was not for nothing. Briefly debated joining the Shiva thing last night but his abject misery was a good deterrent.

Also Galen misery is always good entertainment for its own sake so.

Redx508

So, since the PC version is getting those DX11 updates I might finally need to switch from console.

My question is, what gaming PC can I buy that will let me play XIV on max stats (1080P, 60 FPS, all effects, anti alias, DX11, characters everywhere, etc)

whats your budget? pre built or not?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So looks like Amazon isn't offering a PS3 version of the LE. Is it confirmed that it will only be available on SE's site?

Jeels

whats your budget? pre built or not?

My time is limited and I've never built a pc before so I prefer prebuilt. Let's not worry about a budget at first but I'd like it to be reasonable, or at least be able to see several options at different price points.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Going Summoner in Slaughter has its advantages.
Plus, Blizzard 2 + Mage LB = lots of fun.
Garuda dies a lot though. Silly creature.

DarkKyo

Try a few days..that Atma grind completely destroyed my will to live..

Cool! So a slim chance its out by tonight and a decent chance it will be out by tomorrow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom