• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxczx

Be good if they give an option of Echo.

Two players up to 50% maybe? Since half the team is gone.

Three players up to 25%. New players starting FFXIV when Heavensward is out won't have a hard time then

scy

Very, very slowly.

Realistically I'd probably pull the spaceship out of storage, go Archer, cross-class things, then just start with Sastasha and see how far I could get.

Probably, like, pull 2 of Sastasha but it'd be fun to mess with for a while.

Well, at least you could technically try kiting most the stuff? Hm.

Why are you immediately shitting on bards? I expect this from Scything, but you?

Nobody is safe.

Valor

I rest my case.
slowly_take_glasses_off..gif

Dear God.

iammeiam

If there's more than one of them, the FC is in imminent danger of a supercollapsing into a massive black hole of elitism. Time to leave and join t(-.-t)

Valor

For all you Ultrosian chumps, chumpettes, and pimpmobiles I made a thread over on our guildwork site about DoH specializations in 3.0

Feel free to use it or ignore it at your leisure.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Hi everyone.

So I've never been one to play MMOs, as I prefer linear, fiercely story-driven RPGs and whatnot. But I realized that FFXIV had a free trial on PS4, and also, Kagari told me I should give it a whirl. So I have been whirling on the Ultros server a little bit over the past week and generally enjoying myself.

My college courses are in overdrive at the moment and I'm still not 100% sure I want to drop the $30 on the game, but I'm considering it far more than I had anticipated. Which is neat.

Anyway, I wanted to say hello because I've been seeing GAF players all over my starting location of Ul'dah and while I don't really know anyone on GAF yet (aside from a few folks who recognized my user name from other sites) I still felt like letting everyone know I'm around! It might well be just for another six days for now since that's when the trial runs out, but yeah, like I said, I may well return soonishly.

Character name is Quinton Gallagher. See you on the road!

Playing the trial also, but dint realize GAF was on another world....picked Jenova. Still having tons of fun and the story caught me off guard with how good it is so far. Finished archer and just started training Pugilust, once I buy the game, hoping to be a bard. Also ifrit fight was great.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Playing the trial also, but dint realize GAF was on another world....picked Jenova. Still having tons of fun and the story caught me off guard with how good it is so far. Finished archer and just started training Pugilust, once I buy the game, hoping to be a bard. Also ifrit fight was great.

Haha, it sounds like you knew how to make far better use of your trial time than I have. I'm still just Level 10 and exploring Thanalan! I've only played ~12 hours or so, though, and at least half of that has been spent soaking in the atmosphere. It's a pretty cool-looking world Square has built! I'm especially impressed with the monster design.

Haha, it sounds like you knew how to make far better use of your trial time than I have. I'm still just Level 10 and exploring Thanalan! I've only played ~12 hours or so, though, and at least half of that has been spent soaking in the atmosphere. It's a pretty cool-looking world Square has built! I'm especially impressed with the monster design.

There is so much to experience and explore. Welcome to the amazing world of Eorzea! o/

You got that right. Each time I got to a new city I did a first person tour view of it. Everything looks so good.

iammeiam

You've made a powerful enemy today my friend.

I think I've just been incredibly unlucky though, 2 in 4 hours

You lack context, I think. Atma when it released was a different beast; it was not uncommon to go many, many hours in the same zone trying to get one. I spent three days in East Shroud last May before the goddamned thing dropped.

They buffed the drop rate substantially, and now it all goes much faster. To anyone who remembers the bad old days, two in four hours isn't bad at all. It's a little low for the current drop rate, but I don't know how many FATEs you're catching an hour.

Valnen

Got a lot farther in T13 in a duty finder group than I'd ever expect. Up to the Sins in phase 3. Pretty nice being able to practice that far without a static.

scy

You've made a powerful enemy today my friend.

I think I've just been incredibly unlucky though, 2 in 4 hours

They buffed the drop rate substantially, and now it all goes much faster. To anyone who remembers the bad old days, two in four hours isn't bad at all. It's a little low for the current drop rate, but I don't know how many FATEs you're catching an hour.

One in four hours seems like a good rate for the old drop rate; only getting two is a bit unfortunate, depending on speed of clears and all, for now though.

Edit: If I remember right, I think the Atma for my Ninja relic took about two days of going at it? I even collected two of most of them for another relic (that I'll never actually do).

iammeiam

Edit: If I remember right, I think the Atma for my Ninja relic took about two days of going at it? I even collected two of most of them for another relic (that I'll never actually do).

Post drop rate buff? Yes, because ninja didn't exist at the old rate. Sounds about right. Both my pre-nerf Atma collections took a week (including WHM, which I did right before the rate change, after we knew it was coming, because I hate myself), but I knocked out PLD from start to finish in a day after the changes, and it wasn't the only thing I did that day.

Valor

Post drop rate buff? Sounds about right. Both my pre-nerf Atma collections took a week (including WHM, which I did right before the rate change, after we knew it was coming, because I hate myself), but I knocked out PLD from start to finish in a day after the changes, and it wasn't the only thing I did that day.

Yeah you still had plenty of time left over to berate me and sit on the choco stables. What a busy day that was.

Hello I was planing on playing this game again I played it for a week on pc when it was reintroduced. I had the collectors edition but my question is my understanding is I get the collectors edition stuff on my ps4 if i were to subscribe or would i need a ce version for the ps4?

Shamdeo

Hello I was planing on playing this game again I played it for a week on pc when it was reintroduced. I had the collectors edition but my question is my understanding is I get the collectors edition stuff on my ps4 if i were to subscribe or would i need a ce version for the ps4?

Your items are tied to the account you used when you registered and played Final Fantasy XIV previously. So, if you use the same account when you play on PS4 now, you will have access to your Collector's Edition bonus items.

Stuart444

I wish we had a 1.0 retrospective or something in the inn/from the title screen. Since we can't play 1.0 anymore, it would be nice so we didn't have to look up external vids or anything to know the 1.0 story.

Been watching a few 1.0 vids today and just gave me that thought >_<

Your items are tied to the account you used when you registered and played Final Fantasy XIV previously. So, if you use the same account when you play on PS4 now, you will have access to your Collector's Edition bonus items.

just need to buy the game for ps4 correct?

Shamdeo

just need to buy the game for ps4 correct?

Yeah, if you want to play it on PS4 you'll need to buy it on PS4. You'll still be able to play on PC too, by the way.

Via the MogStation (image from my account below), you can add a PlayStation 4 license to your existing account. When you log in to the game under this account, you will have access to your Collector's Edition items.

serviceaccount74zk9.png

I had a other account from xi but hated the login name and they wouldn't let me change it so I made a new account and if I remember there was some decent dlc from having a xi account.

Sorian

Banned
Why is Ramuh EX the most rage filled EX fight?*

*I have not done EX Shiva yet

Shiva EX is way easier than Ramuh EX. There are strategies around it but Ramuh is just a fight that needs communication. The fight is a million times easier when everyone is in voice chat and you can just say "So-and-so, go grab that orb" or "So-and-so will break the charm, everyone else away."

Whats a good way to get gear quickly after hitting 50? I'm trying to continue the story quest chain but everything wants ilvl 52 or so - 100 and I'm still only Ilvl 45

I posted earlier about having the PS4 CE and wanting the pc version for when I'm crafting since my pc sucks but atleast I can do it on there. I just bought a PC key from amazon for $19.99, added it to my account and I can log on just fine it also ADDED 30 days to my sub, so since my sub is normally $13 the PC version really onyl cost me $7 :D Atleast I can do my crafting\fishing\gold saucer tickets on my pc when I don't feel like getting on my pc. Worth the $7.

Stuart444

Is it worth trying to get into GAF or should I wait till I finish leveling?

Yes. just apply on the guildwork website then find any gaf member in game and sub-commands (right click/square) -> view company profile -> apply

Seriously, it's much better since the chat will be active with FC talk rather than nothing and/or gold sellers spamming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom