• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadRNG

Spinner's Pull Triple Triad Tournament
Random
IvpZIcF.png

Qvoth

The Collector's Edition? Yeah, it's the only place right now.

As for needing a US credit card, you don't. I paid with a Canadian one just fine, and they ship to many different Countries. I wouldn't worry about that.

i'm actually only looking for the digital standard edition

Group pic of our group after T13 clear. =)
We 'Believed' and we made it through it!
Makoto came as a guest in our group, and we're gonna get Lunicia through it as well!
YbIld2D.png

Now we're ready to enter farm mode :D It would be so sweet if we can one shot T10-13 in a single night.

Tiops

Does Demon Tabard of Aiming exist? I mean... is there any ritual we have to perform during the Five-headed Dragon fight to make it magically drop?

Someday people will recognize me as the person that abandons after every Five-Headed Dragon fight and kick me before I have the chance to do that.

iammeiam

Does Demon Tabard of Aiming exist? I mean... is there any ritual we have to perform during the Five-headed Dragon fight to make it magically drop?

Someday people will recognize me as the person that abandons after every Five-Headed Dragon fight and kick me before I have the chance to do that.

I think I saw two or three people,talking about getting it in FC chat last night. It's out there, but probably only dropping for people who alt bard and will never use it. Change your mind and start wanting the healer hat and it'll show up.

I tried doing WoD last night to finish off the weekly because why not, and ended up getting an in-progress group in the process of wiping to 5HD a second time. I don't understand how this much later people still don't understand standing in the slime puddles. Like, I get everyone quits after 5HD, but you still have to kill him first to not get the loot you want, so people should be really good at it. So that was a vote abandon and I gave up on the weekly and WoD loot entirely. I am getting so lazy.

BadRNG

Well that was fast, SE already commented on the JPN forum's complaints about this week's tournament here.

This week's tournament was not part of the changes at all. (so presumably random/upped matchs was already the plan for this one). The reason they didn't change anything this week is two fold. First, implementing a patch for it now would influence the development for 2.55/3.0 that is underway. And secondly due to how the schedule for the tourneys is already planned out, it will be awhile before players have a chance to get this week's card again, so they didn't want to rob players of that opportunity by simply cancelling the tournament for now altogether.

So instead, the first round of changes will hit with 2.55. They also have plans for possible further changes in a small patch following 2.55 as well. The particulars of these changes are still being discussed amongst the development team, but they plan on sharing with the players on the forums once something definitive has been decided.

Also, for those curious (and also because I 100% agree with them), the players who respond after in reply to the developer are saying that players are already getting robbed of a chance at the rare card because the only people with a good chance of winning it are the cheaters. So they may as well have cancelled it rather than reward the cheaters.

I took me probably 80+ runs to get mine. Just saying.....

Dunan

Installation status on PC:

3682 MB of 15000 MB downloaded; approximately 1344 minutes to go.

Wow, I really didn't appreciate the benefits of buying the disc version on PS3!

And I'm trying various tweaks to see if I can squeeze a little more performance out of my Windows 7-running 2009-10 2.7 GHz iMac. 1280 x 720 resolution with all the flashy stuff turned off is giving me ratings in the 1400s, and I once had 1512, which was "Slightly Low" as opposed to "Low".

Shouldn't it be better than this? My specs seem to meet what SE expects from us.

The configuration screen would be a lot more usable if each item explained to you if turning it on or off would improve or degrade performance. Most of the time it's obvious, but not always.

I'd be happy with sub-PS3 graphics. I mainly want the big readable fonts that the PS4 doesn't offer.

Installation status on PC:

3682 MB of 15000 MB downloaded; approximately 1344 minutes to go.

Wow, I really didn't appreciate the benefits of buying the disc version on PS3!

And I'm trying various tweaks to see if I can squeeze a little more performance out of my Windows 7-running 2009-10 2.7 GHz iMac. 1280 x 720 resolution with all the flashy stuff turned off is giving me ratings in the 1400s, and I once had 1512, which was "Slightly Low" as opposed to "Low".

Shouldn't it be better than this? My specs seem to meet what SE expects from us.

The configuration screen would be a lot more usable if each item explained to you if turning it on or off would improve or degrade performance. Most of the time it's obvious, but not always.

I'd be happy with sub-PS3 graphics. I mainly want the big readable fonts that the PS4 doesn't offer.

That ETA. RIP.

I'm thinking it's the GPU those iMacs come with. You're barely above the minimum specs at that point. All I can say is, good thing you have a PC.

Dunan

That ETA. RIP.

I'm thinking it's the GPU those iMacs come with. You're barely above the minimum specs at that point. All I can say is, good thing you have a PC.

By "PC" I'm talking about the iMac -- I put Windows 7 on it using Bootcamp.

Fortunately, I got the PC version of the game very cheaply and am happy to just turn the PS4 on and play it there until I finally get to try it on the Bootcamp machine.

Maybe I'll just do my crafting and other solo stuff on this version. I have to admit, though, I was expecting something a lot better.

(Edit: It's now at 4050 MB downloaded, 0.06 MB/s, 3574 minutes to go!)

By "PC" I'm talking about the iMac -- I put Windows 7 on it using Bootcamp.

Fortunately, I got the PC version of the game very cheaply and am happy to just turn the PS4 on and play it there until I finally get to try it on the Bootcamp machine.

Maybe I'll just do my crafting and other solo stuff on this version. I have to admit, though, I was expecting something a lot better.

(Edit: It's now at 4050 MB downloaded, 0.06 MB/s, 3574 minutes to go!)

Oh, you have a PS4. Yeah, I wouldn't think you'd want to play this game regularly with that iMac. It sounds like it would be painful. I've got an ultrabook with better specs (runs on low pretty well), and I couldn't imagine even playing it on that regularly.

Jeez man, something up with your internet? That's painfully slow.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So which crafting class is the fastest to level up to 19 so I can unlock the ability to affix materia on my gear, or should I just not really worry about this while I level my first combat class to 30?

Also I never touched a crafting class and the internet "leveling guides" are a little on the assuming side, but how do you level crafting classes? Do you just craft stuff?

Or is there like a special class quest chain? The only thing my google fu was able to gather was that I shouldn't waste my leve quest allowances before level 20 on crafting classes.

I was thinking of doing carpenter since I'm gonna go dragoon and it looks like they make stuff for the relic quest, but I don't think I'll level it past 19 for a while. I kinda just want the ability to slot my materia.

I hope it doesn't take too long, my highest level class is 25 lancer so I should get a nice XP boost for most of those levels I hope?

iammeiam

So which crafting class is the fastest to level up to 19 so I can unlock the ability to affix materia on my gear, or should I just not really worry about this while I level my first combat class to 30?

They all basically level the exact same way, but you can only affix materia to gear if you have the correct craft for that specific item leveled sufficiently. So getting, say, CUL or LTW to 20 won't help you meld on a level 40 apiece of WVR-made armor. I wouldn't worry about it too much--you want to make sure you have 'request meld' unlocked, but IIRC that quest doesn't require a leveled crafter.

I was thinking of doing carpenter since I'm gonna go dragoon and it looks like they make stuff for the relic quest, but I don't think I'll level it past 19 for a while. I kinda just want the ability to slot my materia.

Materia while leveling is an epic waste. Don't bother with it--you go through gear too fast, and would be better served gearing off dungeon drops than wasting time and money melding gear. Melding the stuff that is actually worth melding pretty much requires crafts at level 50, so.

I hope it doesn't take too long, my highest level class is 25 lancer so I should get a nice XP boost for most of those levels I hope?

XP boost only applies to combat classes. Getting crafts to 15 or 20 is pretty easy (just craft everything in your crafting log, basically), then from there use courier leves to 50, but combat class level doesn't matter.

Dunan

I had a good time getting the Weaver that high, because at level 15 you get the quest that lets you dye gear different colors. The Goldsmith story has some entertaining parts which kept it interesting, and the jewelry you make will sell well enough to make you a profit.

These classes are based in Ul'dah, so if that's your home city, they're available to you from the start. I'm now in Limsa and doing the Armorer and Blacksmith. These two are in the same building and their products tend to work well with each other's quests and required materials.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Nice thanks for the advice guys, I probably won't bother with it then until I hit 50 then.

Though weaver does look like something I wanna try doing because I gotta have dem dyes man.

iammeiam

Nice thanks for the advice guys, I probably won't bother with it then until I hit 50 then.

Though weaver does look like something I wanna try doing because I gotta have dem dyes man.

You don't need weaver to dye stuff; there's a level 15 quest in Vesper Bay called "Color Your World" (I think) that unlocks dye and can be done on any class. I had dye unlocked wayyy before I started bothering with crafting.

The game is generally pretty good about not locking things behind specific classes.

aceface

You can get any class to level 15 to do the quest that lets you dye gear, it doesn't have to be a crafting one. Once your main is at level 15 do the quest "Color your World" in Vesper Bay.

Edit: goddamnit Angary

Jayhawk

Will flying mounts be subject to attack like normal mounts?
Y: They will also be subject to attack. After you take flight, you'll be safe as long as you don't approach monsters on land.

Don't fly low if you want to avoid Heavy!

At some point, I want some discussion started on how the FC plans on organizing the four airships we can make in Heavensward. The more time we spend discussing, the fairer the outcome. I want to be out there hunting in the skies as soon as possible on the S.S. GAF'd.

iammeiam

I'm expecting air ships to get progressively more expensive as you add more--would not be surprised if top-tier 4th airship cost, like, mansion money. Time for fundraisers!

Edit: goddamnit Angary

Man, shallow skill-free vanity is like the one thing in this game I'm good at (don't let my current terrible glamour fool you--I acknowledge the poetics stuff is ugly.) Of course I'm gonna be all over those discussions.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
You don't need weaver to dye stuff; there's a level 15 quest in Vesper Bay called "Color Your World"

You can get any class to level 15 to do the quest that lets you dye gear, it doesn't have to be a crafting one

Yeah I unlocked the ability to dye stuff but I was referring to being interested in the ability to make dyes.

I remember that quest very well because I ran all over the world looking for orange juice until I read the quest text and I was thoroughly embarrassed.

Ennosuke

Hey, short question ...

I have an US pc account, so if I want to play my characters on the PS4, I would need to buy the US version and not the european version where I actually live.
Will I receive a key or something which I need to enter in my pc account then?

rubius01

Don't fly low if you want to avoid Heavy!

At some point, I want some discussion started on how the FC plans on organizing the four airships we can make in Heavensward. The more time we spend discussing, the fairer the outcome. I want to be out there hunting in the skies as soon as possible on the S.S. GAF'd.

I think this is a great idea, but do we know enough to make intelligent decisions yet? Like how rare will the resources be to make them? Will the be gated behind an FC only mechanic like gardening was? Well, anything is better than first come first served.

Jayhawk

I think this is a great idea, but do we know enough to make intelligent decisions yet? Like how rare will the resources be to make them? Will the be gated behind an FC only mechanic like gardening was? Well, anything is better than first come first served.

I believe YoshiP revealed enough information at PAX East to get the discussion started. There is a lot of information in this translation of his Famitsu interview found here. http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/125199-Famitsu-PAX-East-Interview-(3-14)-Translation

There is also this paragraph from his interview with Reddit.

Reddit: Can you tell us anything about Free Company crafting? When is it coming? What is it going to entail?

Yoshida: At the release of Heavensward Free Company crafting will become available. Within your Free Company housing you’ll be able to set up a sort of work shop in your basement. You may have seen visual aspects of this shown at a Producer Letter live but you’ll build a workshop in your basement. There’ll be two large categories of stuff you’ll be able to build with your Free Company, first of them being an actual house. And the second one is an airship. I’m sure you want more information about the airships so I’ll delve a bit more into the details about that. With the building of the airship you’re not going to be picking from a list of available designs but building it from different parts. There will be four major parts which go into your Free Company ship. For example the engine, fuel tank, the body, and then the sail that propels you and each part will have different designs as well as different capabilities. If you pick a high capability engine that has good power and a fast speed when you send your Free Company out with that high capability engine to scout based on we’ve been calling a “sky map” it can go out quickly and return fast but it’s a gas guzzler. It takes up a lot fuel. So you then add on a very large fuel tank. But because it’s so huge you lose space to store your items. Considering those different parameters that come with different parts you’ll be discussing among your Free Company members to see which parts you would need to build your ideal airship. So that’s the first part of Free Company crafting in terms of an airship. At the start of Heavensward you’re not only able to have just one ship but you can actually build up to four ships. And those airships will be ranked. And depending on what your rank level is there will be different parts you can and cannot equip. At the start of Heavensward once you build your airship you’ll be able to send it out to scout, no passengers, just the ship goes out to try and scout. And then in a following patch you’ll then be able to board that ship and explore and find uncharted areas. And even beyond there’ll be capabilities to add combat capability so you can have sort of a battleship. So it’s going to be very major content that will become available throughout the 3.x patch series. Once you’re able to go out and explore and travel and find those different areas in the sky you may find that some of these areas may have Notorious hardcore monsters that you can’t beat and just end up defeated and having to have to come back. Or you may find that other Free Company have already visited and trashed it and made a mess of it. Or you may end up finding a land where you can find really rare gathering items, materials that you can harvest. So there will be a lot of very interesting things you can look forward to in the 3.x series.

I think we should designate one of the FC airships as a scout-type airship with the fastest speed. It doesn't need to have the most fuel or storage space. It just needs to get around quickly. I think another airship should be created for storage. It could be slow-moving, but it will be able to hold whatever items can be gathered from this new system.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Hey, short question ...

I have an US pc account, so if I want to play my characters on the PS4, I would need to buy the US version and not the european version where I actually live.
Will I receive a key or something which I need to enter in my pc account then?
Which version are you buying? AFAIK, physical comes with a US PSN code you have to register first on US PSN while digital just applies the service entitlement to your PSN account.

After that you install the game, log in using your current account, and agree to link your PC account to your US PSN ID.

Lodestone guide on PS installation and registration: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/start_ffxiv/ps3/install/

dramatis

Also, the GAF guild is huge. Is everyone on from GAF? There's like 70+ members on at a time. It's insane.
That number's going to go down for a bit before the expansion, especially when Bloodborne hits.

We can dye our chocobos only through some messy food crap. The multicolored unicorns you see running around are obtained through beating up the extreme versions of the primals.

All ships should be red, that's my input.
What are you, Chinese? No red.

Sorian

Banned
That number's going to go down for a bit before the expansion, especially when Bloodborne hits.

We can dye our chocobos only through some messy food crap. The multicolored unicorns you see running around are obtained through beating up the extreme versions of the primals.

What are you, Chinese? No red.

I also vote red. Be nice drama, we run a pseudo-democracy.

iammeiam

Man who cares about airships when we can use the basement workshop for house glamour?

How do I get housing glamour rights? I will absolutely use the power for evil but it will probably be entertaining evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom