• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzu

Red Hare?

Hey, short question ...

I have an US pc account, so if I want to play my characters on the PS4, I would need to buy the US version and not the european version where I actually live.
Will I receive a key or something which I need to enter in my pc account then?

Just make sure you link to your Square Enix account and not create a new one by accident.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
That number's going to go down for a bit before the expansion, especially when Bloodborne hits.

We can dye our chocobos only through some messy food crap. The multicolored unicorns you see running around are obtained through beating up the extreme versions of the primals.

What are you, Chinese? No red.

No bullying Dorama.

friend convinced me to play the PS4 version of the game while I have no GPU, what's the best time to make a character on Leviathan? it's been locked for the past hour.

IvorB

I believe YoshiP revealed enough information at PAX East to get the discussion started. There is a lot of information in this translation of his Famitsu interview found here. http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/125199-Famitsu-PAX-East-Interview-(3-14)-Translation

There is also this paragraph from his interview with Reddit.

I think we should designate one of the FC airships as a scout-type airship with the fastest speed. It doesn't need to have the most fuel or storage space. It just needs to get around quickly. I think another airship should be created for storage. It could be slow-moving, but it will be able to hold whatever items can be gathered from this new system.

I wonder if all this can really be as cool as they are making it sound...

Laekon

PS4 free trial: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...rial/cid=UP0082-CUSA00288_00-C000060000000000

All versions/platforms play on the same servers.

Thanks for linking this. I had searched the Sony store before but it only showed the PS3 demo as being available. I'm currently using the Steam demo so hope I don't have to make another account.

Decided on playing a Arcanist since you can level a healer and dps job at the same time. With the need to level the cross classes is there one starting area that as a better experience then the others? Stuff like better quest and zones and not just easier to level.

Stuart444

Ok so... the physical CE will be available at certain retailers (like EB Games) in Australia and New Zealand. (from the OF)

I think the EU team hates us. Bad price. only at the SE store and to top it off, the delay to get the CE up on the store for sale.

Also:

For the EU side of things, only a limited stock of the boxed Collector’s Edition are available, and they are currently only available on the Square Enix Store and Boutique in Europe.

If you are considering purchasing the physical Collector’s Edition, we highly recommend purchasing through the Square Enix Store/Boutique, as we cannot guarantee that there will be stock available through other retailers at a later date.

source: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/225036-Please-fix-the-Store?p=2846173#post2846173

Jayhawk

Is it possible to race change? I need to be Lalafell right now!
I can't find the option in account services.

If you're starting out, I recommend just recreating a new character. Otherwise, you can use a Fantasia to change how your character looks in terms of race, gender, etc. A fantasia normally costs real money from the cash shop.

Blitzhex

If you're starting out, I recommend just recreating a new character. Otherwise, you can use a Fantasia to change how your character looks in terms of race, gender, etc. A fantasia normally costs real money from the cash shop.

Oh cool, fantasia, thanks!
I only played the game for the free month at launch. Getting back into it now. There wasn't much content at launch. I was at the huge elevator part in the first raid and the next raid that was coming out was a lower tier raid or something. It really discouraged me from subscribing back then. Hoping there's been lots of changes and content since then.

Ken

I only played the game for the free month at launch. Getting back into it now. There wasn't much content at launch. I was at the huge elevator part in the first raid and the next raid that was coming out was a lower tier raid or something. It really discouraged me from subscribing back then. Hoping there's been lots of changes and content since then.

You get a free fantasia for subbing 30 days Btw.

Also you find the cash shop stuff under Optional Items.

LowParry

Wait are you talking about Coil?

Man Tam Tara took awhile but I finally got that atma...have to say running some of these older dungeons leads to some amusing adventures.

Shamdeo

grimmwhatd1udo.png

dcye

I was at the huge elevator part in the first raid and the next raid that was coming out was a lower tier raid or something. It really discouraged me from subscribing back then. Hoping there's been lots of changes and content since then.

Well are you in for a surprise.

smashism

Almost hit level 15, liking the game a lot so far.

Kind of weary continuing down my path as a Gladiator and being a tank though. Is there a good level to switch off to another class? Pretty sure I should go with my standby of being a healer.

BadRNG

Kind of weary continuing down my path as a Gladiator and being a tank though. Is there a good level to switch off to another class? Pretty sure I should go with my standby of being a healer.
You can switch anytime after 10, but I'd wait till around 20ish if you plan on switching main classes completely. That way you can get your mount, it will make everything easier for you.

Only downside is you'll have to go through three dungeons as a tank (if you don't want to tank). Your only choice would be CNJ at that point as well, as the other healer (scholar) is a job that unlocks from a dps class(arcanist) at 30.

Xux

If you really want to, then the earlier the better.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You can switch anytime after 10, but I'd wait till around 20ish if you plan on switching main classes completely. That way you can get your mount, it will make everything easier for you.

Only downside is you'll have to go through three dungeons as a tank (if you don't want to tank). Your only choice would be CNJ at that point as well, as the other healer (scholar) is a job that unlocks from a dps class(arcanist) at 30.

Scholar is awesome though :)

Qvoth

Hmmm... I really like it. So... who's carrying me through T13 for this staff? ... Don't all friggin' volunteer at once now... :)

well 2.55 is on the 31st, and fcob will be doable with DF then, there's going to be a lot more practice pfs i reckon
rumours are the gear lockout will be taken out, personally i don't believe it will happen yet because it's not specifically mentioned, unlike the wod gear for 2.55

Qvoth

So for you ninjas out there, what is your opener like? I have been trying various ones out but I'm always up to hear more!

not a ninja, but i'm pretty sure they cast like one of their XXXtons like 10-15 seconds before the tank pulls, at least that was what our trial member did

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Had a tank in WoD just now that was provoking bosses off the MT. Not just like "oh there's a mixup and I provoked thinking I was MT" but like, 3 minutes into a fight where one of the other tanks called MT and had been tanking it, just BAM provoke out of nowhere. This was yet another Kirito by the way. I'm becoming prejudiced against anybody I see with the name Kirito.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
well 2.55 is on the 31st, and fcob will be doable with DF then, there's going to be a lot more practice pfs i reckon
rumours are the gear lockout will be taken out, personally i don't believe it will happen yet because it's not specifically mentioned, unlike the wod gear for 2.55

What would be the point of putting it into DF then? Skipping turns? No one would do that if loot is still locked out. And how long? Will it still be locked out with Echo? So you queue in and then discover some guy already looted so you get one chest? And the way the system informs you about previous clear flags would have to be redone anew which is a silly effort.

They don't have to explicitly mention it because Coil doesn't have a loot lockout to begin with - only entry lockout. I've seen people use helping system as an argument that it does but that's not what it is, you can't freely enter turns after you've cleared, you can only tag along with a guy that's on previous fights. Coil loot rules are strictly intertwined with it being off the normal queuing system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom