• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Moc

Banned
idk

all i can hope now is to get a refund. I really don't want to have to buy the game twice just to play Heavensward.

Have they actually charged you yet? Most people charge around the time of dispatch, would be pretty crappy to charge you 3 months beforehand. I wouldn't imagine a refund would be a problem though.

idk

all i can hope now is to get a refund. I really don't want to have to buy the game twice just to play Heavensward.

Of course you can get a refund.

Wait they're running out of DIGITAL CE?
Or is there just errors on the system?
What

I think people just need to relax and wait a day or two for everything to smooth out. Impossible for digital CE to run out, just the codes they're using probably aren't prepared in the system yet.

studyguy

I think people just need to relax and wait a day or two for everything to smooth out. Impossible for digital CE to run out, just the codes they're using probably aren't prepared in the system yet.

Yeah read more, seems that storefront is just getting boned at the moment. Was going to say if they're limiting digital CE's then it's just silly, but that doesn't seem to be the case at all.

Anyway good luck on landing an overpriced dragon statue, guys.

Yeah read more, seems that storefront is just getting boned at the moment. Was going to say if they're limiting digital CE's then it's just silly, but that doesn't seem to be the case at all.

Anyway good luck on landing an overpriced dragon statue, guys.

Mmos nowadays allow for digital CE purchases at all times. In the end you're just paying for mounts/cosmetics which are already up for sale anyway. The only thing of worth here whatsoever is the early access through preordering, which you could get the day before and nothing would change.

Genuinely the only thing going on today is for people who want the statue.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I don't know why one of the largest gaming developer/publishers in the world can't sort out what is merely a purchase of an eagerly expected expansion to one of the most successful MMOs that isn't WoW. Square-Enix sometimes, smh.

Have they actually charged you yet? Most people charge around the time of dispatch, would be pretty crappy to charge you 3 months beforehand. I wouldn't imagine a refund would be a problem though.

now that iv'e calmed down a little, it seems they haven't charged me yet. But I still want to cancel my pre-order, though. It's the wrong version.

Eh thinking about it, I think I'll just get the digital collector's edition. Don't really need that statue and if I really want it, I can buy it off someone if I care.

So do we basically have to wait until tomorrow to see if the CE are available at the retail stores. Just called Best Buy and they didn't have any CE just standard copies. If I can't get one I'll just get it digitally.

LowParry

Eh thinking about it, I think I'll just get the digital collector's edition. Don't really need that statue and if I really want it, I can buy it off someone if I care.

That's my plan. We usually see discounts too close to release. Not sure if it will be the same with PS4.

Jomjom

Banned
I don't get why they don't include an extra item for the plastic dragon CE purchasers. I mean it is like $70 more. How about at least an in-game version of that statue to put on your table in game or something?

LowParry

Never forget.

XCJnNZI.jpg

Frazley

Bought PS4 Physical CE....and my preorder code is already used. :D Emailed Support on this. Man RNG!

I've had my eyes set on CE since the live stream in December.

Jomjom

Banned
So if you use the early access code that means you definitely cannot cancel the preorder? I'm just wondering in case I'm able to secure a CE from Best Buy later on down the road.

Khrno

I ended up buying the NA PC collector's edition and later when they fix the EU store, I'll buy the EU digital CE so I can actually use it.

As for the NA game, I'll just try to have my girlfriend play again, although she liked ARR, she prefers to play LoL, MH4U and Smash.

Does the expansion come with a subscription?
I don't have the game yet and I want to get it for PS4, seeing that they have a bundle for $60 for both the expansion and the game I'd save $10.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I don't have the game yet and I want to get it for PS4, seeing that they have a bundle for $60 for both the expansion and the game I'd save $10.

The bundle will give you 30 days out of the box. You need the base game to begin with anyway, you can't just purchase HW separately.

The bundle will give you 30 days out of the box. You need the base game to begin with anyway, you can't just purchase HW separately.

If the expansion comes with 30 days and the base game comes with 30 days.... see what I'm getting at?
I want to get the base game earlier anyways so I can try to get to 50 before Heavensward comes out.

EDIT:
You'd get the 30 days from the base game, but not another 30 from the expansion too.

Thanks!

BadRNG

Jesus 5 pages already, the CE thirst is real. I'm probably going to order the normal edition from Best Buy for the GCU discount and then upgrade to digital CE. Maybe wait to see if GMG has some digital discounts like they did for the ARR release.

also how did I make wall of shame, game dead

You'd get the 30 days from the base game, but not another 30 from the expansion too.

gryvan

Jesus 5 pages already, the CE thirst is real. I'm probably going to order the normal edition from Best Buy for the GCU discount and then upgrade to digital CE. Maybe wait to see if GMG has some digital discounts like they did for the ARR release.

NOT HARDCORE ENOUGH!!

What's the best EU server? English high pop but no queues preferrably.

And man the suspicious access thing I keep getting is super annoying, but using Authenticator codes would be even more of a pita.

rubius01

Thanks for this--it's interesting in that I think it's a big diversion from the 'normal' method and normal is borrrrring.

So if I remember the order of and number of things properly (and I might not, it's all a mess in my memory now), HE/B4B/Barrage come up again right before second Earthshaker and would still be running during third Megaflare, with Raging coming up at the tail end of third Mega. Do you just hold them all until P2? I've done that occasionally with HE/etc if I got targeted for Earthshaker and thought we'd push really close to Megaflare, but then I think I wound up with nothing but maybe IR for the second add. I think. I should pay attention maybe.

I do a semi-hybrid thing with my buffs. I hold them and go through my opener again when he starts to cast gigaflare. I hold B4B, HE, and Barrage for about 10 seconds before 3rd megaflare, because i don't want B4B up during that because korra doesn't have SS available at that one. Then raging and the other one pop (i forget its name right now) and hold them for a couple of seconds or so. About half-way through the Gigaflare cast I redo my opener sans x-dex pot. Everything else lines up, for the most part. you might want to cancel a B4B in phase 4, but I haven't run into any issues.

:T I'm trying to Preorder but the site keeps freezing on me when i get the the information page.

Give it several minutes (seriously minutes), that's the same thing that happened to me, and when I went to another browser and to my ipad, the first one finally started going through.

Tash

Are the official forum links loading for you guys? Only get blank pages on my iPhone, no matter what browser I use -.-

LaneDS

ZnUXWwR.jpg

:D

Just another couple hundred days till that Cloud Strife card is mine!

Had my first 10k score today. Had a two scratched off and two blanks, went for it and got it. Immediately threw the 10k at the Odin shield to complete the outfit. Now to save up a million for a wolf.

creid

Are the official forum links loading for you guys? Only get blank pages on my iPhone, no matter what browser I use -.-
I've found that on mobile browsers, you need to do a little work to get the link to work. For instance, this won't work:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/225036-Please-fix-the-Store?p=2842885#post2842885

but if you chop off the # and everything after it, it seems to come up:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/225036-Please-fix-the-Store?p=2842885

Try it.

Stuart444

I love how the UK gets screwed over on price and now they along with the rest of the EU gets screwed over on being able to pre-order today.

Hahaha, just great.

I feel sorry for those that woke up at 7 in the morning for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom