• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qvoth

What would be the point of putting it into DF then? Skipping turns? No one would do that if loot is still locked out. And how long? Will it still be locked out with Echo? So you queue in and then discover some guy already looted so you get one chest? And the way the system informs you about previous clear flags would have to be redone anew which is a silly effort.

They don't have to explicitly mention it because Coil doesn't have a loot lockout to begin with - only entry lockout. I've seen people use helping system as an argument that it does but that's not what it is, you can't freely enter turns after you've cleared, you can only tag along with a guy that's on previous fights. Coil loot rules are strictly intertwined with it being off the normal queuing system.

hmm good point, totally forgot about that
:(

iammeiam

Type 0 yelling at me for lacking storage space prompted me to go through and clean up my saved video clips.

I apparently had a really weird fixation with preserving Shiva wipes for a while, because I deleted like 20.

Now I'm nostalgic for Shiva enrage wipes after multiple healer LB3s.

Valor

Guys, you're all so misguided. Red airships don't go faster, I don't know why you assume this. No one color is inherently faster than any other. It's all about putting flames on the airship. That shit is scientifically proven to make airships go faster.

EriksBlue

Banned
Guys, you're all so misguided. Red airships don't go faster, I don't know why you assume this. No one color is inherently faster than any other. It's all about putting flames on the airship. That shit is scientifically proven to make airships go faster.

2uu34cv.png

Orcastar

Pre-orders for the boxed CE went up in Europe a few minutes ago, and the store has crashed again. Good job, SE! Seriously, two days of maintenance and this is the result?

And now they've pulled it down for maintenance again.

maintenance!

this is ridiculous. I got all the way to the card verification step and when I clicked to enter it all, boom, down

this is the most poorly handled, incompetent bullshit I have seen.

just curious GAF, how's the current state of tanking these days: How does PLD compared to WAR? The last time I played PLD was in 2.1

Teknoman

Will bookmark and watch. Sucks that lately everyone's been putting LEs out on Amazon in "extremely limited amounts" with a small window to get an order in.

Im two sided on this. One hand, im glad limited editions are actually limited now. On the other hand...I really dont like that no company seems to want to take the steps to make sure their stores or whatever hold up. If you're ready to order something, you should be able to put in at least day of, or the day afterwards.

Not within the first hour or 30 minutes.

This EU pre-order business is absolutely pathetic. It wasn't too bad for me on Monday because I was using up some annual leave but I can't fit all this endless bullshit in around work. A major publisher shouldn't be struggling like this.

This EU pre-order business is absolutely pathetic. It wasn't too bad for me on Monday because I was using up some annual leave but I can't fit all this endless bullshit in around work. A major publisher shouldn't be struggling like this.

especially when they've had 2 days to anticipate load and got digital ones out of the way yesterday. ridiculous.

Apoptomon

So we should conscript the quarter of the FC that are Immortal Flames members to airship building duty?

The funny thing is that the Japanese and Americans already crashed their stores during the preorder frenzy, you would think Squenix might learn something from those for the delayed EU store opening.

Nope.

chrono01

So we should conscript the quarter of the FC that are Immortal Flames members to airship building duty?
I agree.

We should delegate the color of the airship to those who have the proper taste to choose the superior Free Company. (´・ω・`)

i decided to just skip the CE. i got the original RR CE via retail previously for a good price and without hassle. this one is just the opposite. not interested.

if they offer it at retail later i might reconsider.

kirby2096

£85 difference between the boxed and digital pc CE versions, that's about the price of a 12-month subscription to the game..

So for you ninjas out there, what is your opener like? I have been trying various ones out but I'm always up to hear more!

Huton prepull > Xpot > Spinning Edge > Internal Release > Gust Slash > Blood for Blood > Dancing Edge (substitute dancing for Aeolian edge if you have a WAR) > Suiton > Spinning Edge > Trick Attack > Shadow Fang > Kassatsu > Mutilate > Ration > Spinning Edge > Jugulate > Gust Slash > Mug > Aeolian Edge ;

Then you just move into the usual D-F-M-A maint-rotation of combos while reapplying Huton within 17 to 3 seconds remaining on your Huton buff. NIN is actually pretty simple to play once you finish the opener. It's just a series of maintaining DoTs and Dancing edge if no WAR is present while throwing up a couple off-GCDs every so often.

The biggest thing that annoyed me enough to stop playing it was the initial pull part of Huton. You want to throw huton up before the pull, but you also want your ninjutsu to come back before the initial pull as well. It can and will throw off your entire opener and make you lose a ton of damage, not to mention for other people as well. The opener above should make Trick Attack land late enough to catch the tail end of a DRGs opener, so a full buffed Full Thrust should hit hard. It'll also allow you to cast a fully buffed and Kassatsu'd Raiton under Trick Attack as well.

I'm not really a fan of being at the mercy of a fast or slow puller, however your mileage may vary.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
It's clear that Hildibrand and his adventures are very popular, so you'll be happy to hear that we are planning a new story involving the agent of enquiry (inspector extraordinaire)! The development team is working hard on Heavensward, so it will take a bit of time, but they are striving to meet the level of quality that you're all expecting!

Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Link

Banderas.gif

kamakazi5

Ok, I feel like an idiot. I just started playing tonight on PC and I'm using a PS4 controller but I have no abilities except for ruin. All my boxes are blank. My wife also just started playing but on PS3, same class and everything but she has all her abilities available. Is this a bug or did I miss something at the very start. We have both only been playing for around 20 minutes.

Edit: Apparently she had changed her hot bar which is why it looked like she had so much stuff available. I still don't have sprint, teleport, etc. though so I guess I need to bind them first?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
So if I order this CE from EU just now I have to pay it in full right now?

From the Square Enix Store you mean? No, they're going to charge you 10 days before elease date. In the mean time they'll send you by email the early-access code btw so teorically you'll be able to download the full game on your HD on 19 June without even waiting for the retail package to arrive ;)

Also: I just preordered it too *.*

Ken

Ok, I feel like an idiot. I just started playing tonight on PC and I'm using a PS4 controller but I have no abilities except for ruin. All my boxes are blank. My wife also just started playing but on PS3, same class and everything but she has all her abilities available. Is this a bug or did I miss something at the very start. We have both only been playing for around 20 minutes.

Edit: Apparently she had changed her hot bar which is why it looked like she had so much stuff available. I still don't have sprint, teleport, etc. though so I guess I need to bind them first?

Yes.

Link

Banderas.gif

"We didn't know if Hildibrand would be popular but we stuck it in as a Veteran Reward anyways."

Godan

From the Square Enix Store you mean? No, they're going to charge you 10 days before elease date. In the mean time they'll send you by email the early-access code btw so teorically you'll be able to download the full game on your HD on 19 June without even waiting for the retail package to arrive ;)

Also: I just preordered it too *.*

Yeah the Square Enix Store. Just don't want to spend that much on it just now would rather pay for it closer to the time but that's good that its 10 day before release.

Only just got back into this game but want that Dragon. Never bought a CE before and now this year I have two pre ordered lol.

Edit: Ordered now. Guess I have about 3 months to get as much done as I can.

iammeiam

Seems perfectly fitting to me--suffer and struggle for what feels like ever to get an elite and/or exclusive thing, shortly followed by SE making the whole thing so anybody can walk in and faceroll the process.

Turn 14 just got nerfed really quickly.

Jolkien

Seems perfectly fitting to me--suffer and struggle for what feels like ever to get an elite and/or exclusive thing, shortly followed by SE making the whole thing so anybody can walk in and faceroll the process.

Turn 14 just got nerfed really quickly.

What did they change ? I'm still pretty green any website to follow on patches and change like mmo-champion for wow ?

just curious GAF, how's the current state of tanking these days: How does PLD compared to WAR? The last time I played PLD was in 2.1

plds are pretty easy to tank with. no real dps rotation except 1,2,3. cooldowns are pretty good as well. They have pretty good damage reduction cooldowns. Warriors are more involved in learning how to play the class well. They have many different rotations, and they also gotta manage their wrath stacks. Both can tank well, just based on personal preference

What did they change ? I'm still pretty green any website to follow on patches and change like mmo-champion for wow ?

That was just a joke, there's no Turn 14, "Turn 14" was preordering a physical CE from the website and they made it "easier" by having more boxes than people actually wanted.

As for actual news, there's no really good website like mmo champ, but there isn't much of a need for it either, since there's no PTR so no PTR info to be compiled. Your best bet is reddit, they always have all the most recent news, and when a patch is going up you'll find a thread about the datamining going on, or when a dev posts it'll be reposted. Just ignore all the "HOW DO I DRAGOON?" and "HERE'S AN ANIME DRAWING OF MY CHARACTER GIFF KARMA" stuff and you'll be fine. Or don't if that's your thing. Also Reddit has a lot of useful threads in the bar on top and on the right side.

Jolkien

That was just a joke, there's no Turn 14, "Turn 14" was preordering a physical CE from the website and they made it "easier" by having more boxes than people actually wanted.

As for actual news, there's no really good website like mmo champ, but there isn't much of a need for it either, since there's no PTR so no PTR info to be compiled. Your best bet is reddit, they always have all the most recent news, and when a patch is going up you'll find a thread about the datamining going on, or when a dev posts it'll be reposted. Just ignore all the "HOW DO I DRAGOON?" and "HERE'S AN ANIME DRAWING OF MY CHARACTER GIFF KARMA" stuff and you'll be fine. Or don't if that's your thing. Also Reddit has a lot of useful threads in the bar on top and on the right side.

Oh I see :p Thanks I've just added the subreddit to my front page.

LaneDS

plds are pretty easy to tank with. no real dps rotation except 1,2,3. cooldowns are pretty good as well. They have pretty good damage reduction cooldowns. Warriors are more involved in learning how to play the class well. They have many different rotations, and they also gotta manage their wrath stacks. Both can tank well, just based on personal preference

i.e. warriors are more fun to play (I say that as someone who has primarily played paladin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom