• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViciousDS

Banned
Eh. It is kind of bullshit that you have to buy the game/expansion on both platforms when the PC client itself is free to download on the website. It would be a lot more consumer friendly if buying a license for the game entitled you to play it on all platforms the game exists on.

seriously, FFXI allowed you to play on any client you wanted no matter want as long as you owned the discs. So half the time I bought the discs used on Ebay without codes because you didn't need the codes....1 key worked for all 3 platforms.

Shoutout to the GAF clan for helping me out with a dungeon.

Having such a helpful community makes me glad I joined GAF, and that I bought this game.

aceface

Honestly the PC and PS3 version became so cheap at times that it was basically the same that you would have paid for the 30 day sub anyways.

ViciousDS

Banned
Honestly the PC and PS3 version became so cheap at times that it was basically the same that you would have paid for the 30 day sub anyways.

yes, but I don't think it tacks on 30 days on an existing service....it just adds the ability to use that service on a different platform

iammeiam

yes, but I don't think it tacks on 30 days on an existing service....it just adds the ability to use that service on a different platform

It does add time. You get the platform license and 30 days of service with each new platform purchase.

Purchase being key--people who did the free PS3 to PS4 upgrade didn't get another 30 days on PS4, because it was a free conversion and not a purchase.

Noi

LA008UG.jpg
I'll stick to the PS4 version.
o4KmmtS.gif

Yea but it still sucks that i basically have to buy the game 4 times.

Well if it helps. You get 30 days added to your sub for each copy bought IIRC. So 60 days for your GF aint so bad. Game is 20$ or less on PS4 and Pc atleast.

This would only hurt if you wanted to wait for the expansion bundle which would obviously cost more then 20$. But honestly theres so much to do in vanilla from what ive seen that its ok to skip on the expansion for a bit.

Grisby

Finally became a white mage and..of course..the coveted WHM robe is at lvl 50. SO begins the climb. I'm a few levels ahead of the story now so I guess I'm waiting till it catches up.

Was fun being a Conjurer for a while although I had to do some fates to level up to 15 because I exhausted most of the quests around the area. I liked having Carbuncle run around so I might give Summoner a try a ways down the road. Switching back and forth between classes is hurting mah brain though so I think I'll just be sticking with White Mage till 50.

It's gonna be cool checking out the ins and outs of the class, as I never got very far as a WHM in FF11 (I got a few levels up and died to a rabbit, de-leveling my character and causing me to 'Nope' the game).

One question though. Uh, let's say I kind of want that Fat Choco as a ride. If you buy the special edition on PS4, I imagine all that extra content goes to my primary character that I'm playing as now? Also, would I have to download the whole game considering I'm already using the disc one to play?

grimmiq

Since I took about a 6-8 month break I'm finally starting to catch up on the story, how far from the end is Leviathan (Hard)? 3 lvls of Ninja and 3 of Botanist and I'll have everything at 50 for Heavensward.

suzu

One question though. Uh, let's say I kind of want that Fat Choco as a ride. If you buy the special edition on PS4, I imagine all that extra content goes to my primary character that I'm playing as now? Also, would I have to download the whole game considering I'm already using the disc one to play?

One CE (any platform) = you get everything for any characters (new or old) on the account. And you only need the disc to install the game, not to play it.

Since I took about a 6-8 month break I'm finally starting to catch up on the story, how far from the end is Leviathan (Hard)? 3 lvls of Ninja and 3 of Botanist and I'll have everything at 50 for Heavensward.

Leviathan was like 3 patches ago. So you've got a long way to go.

Ken

Does that mean you aren't going either?

I'll just ask fc carry

One CE (any platform) = you get everything for any characters (new or old) on the account. And you only need the disc to install the game, not to play it.

Leviathan was like 3 patches ago. So you've got a long way to go.

I don't see the FAQ answer for when you're EBing me.

iammeiam

Angary please come back and replace me. This is the worst thing Felix has ever coerced me into.

You see
any chance you had
you blew by trying to trick me in to taking your spot.

Never try to out quit me.

I am the all-time number one best party leaver NA.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm glad you guys are getting the pony farms out of the way so you can take me through every one of them without competition :)

Right guys? Guys.......

Oddly enough, the dragongurls are actually shorter than catgirls. 25 on the catgirl height slider is the same as 50 on the dragongurl height slider. The tallest a dragongurl can be at slider 100 is only 5 feet, 2 inches. They're tiny.

ViciousDS

Banned
Round 2.

Made some changes to the first 3 because they all started to grow on me..

can you somehow share character creations....I want your setup for that first one, but just a hair change lol

It does add time. You get the platform license and 30 days of service with each new platform purchase.

Purchase being key--people who did the free PS3 to PS4 upgrade didn't get another 30 days on PS4, because it was a free conversion and not a purchase.

That's actually not to bad considering a month is $15....if you have more than 1 char per server. Still sucks though

Don't you hate during WoD where the Alliance forces you to MT because the other tanks absolutely refuse to MT? I didn't come here to actually work. :(

Oh well I did get rewarded with demon armor body for my troubles so I can't bitch too much.

grimmiq

can you somehow share character creations....I want your setup for that first one, but just a hair change lol

That's actually not to bad considering a month is $15....if you have more than 1 char per server. Still sucks though

After I'm done with my runs tonight I'll go through again and write down the selections if you want and PM you.

Tash

SeLmrrV.jpg

Yes, yes I did shop it. It's perfect.
I want to make this hairstyle work. I love it.

Did you enter that into the twitter contest? Saw a very similar one.
It's super pretty, really nicely done :)
I still think they look too close to cat-girls if one tries to make them look so cute, though.

Koriandrr

Did you enter that into the twitter contest? Saw a very similar one.
It's super pretty, really nicely done :)
I still think they look too close to cat-girls if one tries to make them look so cute, though.

I did! :)

They kind of do and I think the one 'pretty' face that everyone is going for is just too... thin? You know, thin sharp nose, thin lips, triangle face with a sharp chin... I took the 'ugly' default face and tried my best to make it look good and with a bit more... volume. So to speak.

I'm also not a big fan of the scale options. Most of them look bad :(

Tash

I did! :)

They kind of do and I think the one 'pretty' face that everyone is going for is just too... thin? You know, thin sharp nose, thin lips, triangle face with a sharp chin... I took the 'ugly' default face and tried my best to make it look good and with a bit more... volume. So to speak.

I'm also not a big fan of the scale options. Most of them look bad :(

Aha! It did catch my eye on twitter, too.
Yeah I agree :)
I tried to do the same but with the dark version (same face) trying to make something demony/succuby looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom