• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaurung

I hit level 45 with my Summoner last night!

Also got a new spellbook drop from the Dzemael Darkhold.

To celebrate this new power even more, bought some new pants. Now my Elezen male looks kinky as hell. I am almost embarrassed to leave the inn room.

suzu

I hit level 45 with my Summoner last night!

Also got a new spellbook drop from the Dzemael Darkhold.

To celebrate this new power even more, bought some new pants. Now my Elezen male looks kinky as hell. I am almost embarrassed to leave the inn room.

You can get most of your artifact (AF) gear from the lv45 job quest.

glaurung

You can get most of your artifact (AF) gear from the lv45 job quest.
I don't know what this means.

I am doing story quests that are barely level 40. I overleveled at some point I guess.

Where do I go to get those lv45 job quests? Arcanist's Guild?

Ken

I don't know what this means.

I am doing story quests that are barely level 40. I overleveled at some point I guess.

Where do I go to get those lv45 job quests? Arcanist's Guild?

SMN trainer in Gridania Apkallu Falls iirc.

You should have been directed to them around level 30 because they start giving you your job quests once you specialize into SMN from Arcanist.

I did! :)

They kind of do and I think the one 'pretty' face that everyone is going for is just too... thin? You know, thin sharp nose, thin lips, triangle face with a sharp chin... I took the 'ugly' default face and tried my best to make it look good and with a bit more... volume. So to speak.

I'm also not a big fan of the scale options. Most of them look bad :(

Not that I would ever play one (Lalafel master race etc.), but I was disappointed at the lack of scale and horn options. I didn't really like any of them and the new race felt boring to me after all the hype. They really need to add more options. Allowing you to adjust the length of the horns and adjust the amount of scale coverage would be a good start.

Koriandrr

Not that I would ever play one (Lalafel master race etc.), but I was disappointed at the lack of scale and horn options. I didn't really like any of them and the new race felt boring to me after all the hype. They really need to add more options. Allowing you to adjust the length of the horns and adjust the amount of scale coverage would be a good start.

that's how I felt as well. Also all hail the Lalafell master race *secret lalafell handshake*

I do think I'll try out the Au Ra for a while though, but i'm definitely gonna go back to lala. I can see myself enjoying it for a week or two.

Bought the game, created my char in Ultros, will start tonight. I guess it's time to sub to this thread.

Let's see how it goes, I'm aiming to play as a White Mage.

In the beta I played as a Miquote but now I rolled a cute Lalafel.

Valor

Agreed. Maybe I'm just a dummy who doesn't understand programming (true) but I was disappointed to see that scale pattern + face appearance + horns were all rolled into one option. We could have had some really nice and robust options, but instead everyone is gonna look the same. :\

Tash

I said that pages back when the benchmark came out:

Just the simple fact that the horns are linked to the actual faces really disappointed me.
You should also be able to tint the scales to a certain extend (to keep the whole dark/light approach). That is not hard to implement AT ALL.

More horn options (and seriously, separate them from the faces..) and more scale options.
They have amazingly enough very beautiful body scales which you won't see..ever..unless of course we have a freaking horde of Au Ra's in bikinis and colosseum gear running around..yeah for that..

suzu

that's how I felt as well. Also all hail the Lalafell master race *secret lalafell handshake*

I do think I'll try out the Au Ra for a while though, but i'm definitely gonna go back to lala. I can see myself enjoying it for a week or two.

Yeah, I'll probably do this too. Maybe not right away at release though.

Tash

Already had my current Lala looks saved. Just going to taste the waters on the Au Ra side but I also don't see my stay tall :p

iammeiam

How do I assure my contributions (possibly in the form of fish? I made 24 quiche last night!) go to the airship Xtech captains and not Galen's failboat?

iammeiam

If I hear a single WAH within 3 zones of that airship I'm taking my non-existent money and going ELSEWHERE.

HRMPH.

Why would we want your imaginary racist gil anyway? Lalafell mafia can look after its own. You're welcome to support the mediocre hyur ship of subpar emotes and general Galenness. It suits you!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
thanks guys!

now I have no excuse.

fuck.

So on the power input there will be four slots with 4 pins each. You just put the bigger one on the one side and put the two smaller separate ones on the other.

I think even a 500 watt power supply is more than enough to power a GTX 970.

You would run into problems if you were triple SLI-ing Phillip, but in general power requirements are often exaggerated. Just don't try to use a 970 in a 300 watt powered computer.

Ruruja

Hope PvP gets an overhaul in 3.0

Me too. I managed to play one frontlines match when I entered and it popped instantly, but ever since then I've just been waiting for 40 minutes for no reason until I get fed up.

Surely they can add some unique drops/items that people actually want so more people take part.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Me too. I managed to play one frontlines match when I entered and it popped instantly, but ever since then I've just been waiting for 40 minutes for no reason until I get fed up.

Surely they can add some unique drops/items that people actually want so more people take part.

It's not about stuff people want, gear you can earn is actually really cool-looking, it's just you're expected to play for a really long time (500+ fights, 200+ victories, that kinda stuff. On ONE map!) to get any kind of worthwhile rewards and the elephant in the room is that queues are separated by GC. Also PVP gear is essentially glamour only and is worthless in PVP itself (unless you're playing capped WD and I think very few people did that seriously even back when it was new). Rewards can only go so far as incentive if the actual game is busted. Oh, and Slaughter slaughtered Secure which was actually a bit more than Blzzard 2 -> Cometeor spam.

So on the power input there will be four slots with 4 pins each. You just put the bigger one on the one side and put the two smaller separate ones on the other.

I think even a 500 watt power supply is more than enough to power a GTX 970.

You would run into problems if you were triple SLI-ing Phillip, but in general power requirements are often exaggerated. Just don't try to use a 970 in a 300 watt powered computer.

Yeah I looked up some installation videos and I should be fine for connections.

I have 2 6+2-pin connectors.

Valor

Why would we want your imaginary racist gil anyway? Lalafell mafia can look after its own. You're welcome to support the mediocre hyur ship of subpar emotes and general Galenness. It suits you!

We have to end the systemic oppression of Midlanders. The lala mafia is a menace to eorzea as well as ishgard.

iammeiam

I thought the whole point of having captains was to free up the rest of us to /AFK while they got stuff done/crashed the ships. Have I been lied to?

Valor

I thought the whole point of having captains was to free up the rest of us to /AFK while they got stuff done/crashed the ships. Have I been lied to?

Yeah. You have been. You think that's what a captain's job is? Fuck outta here.

It's all about that Captain hat, man.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I should go back to Hyrule Warriors...

41VxqbA.png

Psychostorm.mp3

LaneDS

Benchmark question:

-anyone here run two 970s in SLI that plays at 2560x1600 (or even 2560x1440) that could post their results on maximum?

Considering getting a second 970 since at that high a resolution the game can take a hit with a solo card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom