• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

Oh god if there's team picking Mumble is going to have an airship monopoly.

At least it'll give me a new injustice to rail against.

Zomba13

Don't you hate during WoD where the Alliance forces you to MT because the other tanks absolutely refuse to MT? I didn't come here to actually work. :(

Oh well I did get rewarded with demon armor body for my troubles so I can't bitch too much.

The worst is when nobody steps up to tank leaving you to do it (no problem) but then decides "No wait! I want to tank now!" and then vokes off you in the middle of the fight.

Valor

I really don't get tanks who don't wanna MT and consider it "work" in raids like WoD or ST. Off tanks typically have more garbage to do like pick up adds or do other annoying mechanics. MT is the best and most brainless job in every single one of those raids.

I don't understand people.

iammeiam

What kind of WoD are you running where the OT is actually picking up adds and doing mechanics?

If Cerberus taught me anything, it's that most WoD tanks would rather argue about who's supposed to keep the adds from eating the healers than actually keep the adds from eating the healers.

Talaysen

I really don't get tanks who don't wanna MT and consider it "work" in raids like WoD or ST. Off tanks typically have more garbage to do like pick up adds or do other annoying mechanics. MT is the best and most brainless job in every single one of those raids.

I don't understand people.

What? No one picks up those adds. You must be doing different dungeons than I am!

Zomba13

What kind of WoD are you running where the OT is actually picking up adds and doing mechanics?

If Cerberus taught me anything, it's that most WoD tanks would rather argue about who's supposed to keep the adds from eating the healers than actually keep the adds from eating the healers.

Cerberus has taught me I'm the only one who knows what to do with those adds because I'm the one grabbing them every single time. Except for one time when the other OT wanted to steal them off me because epeen reasons.

iammeiam

Cerberus has taught me I'm the only one who knows what to do with those adds because I'm the one grabbing them every single time. Except for one time when the other OT wanted to steal them off me because epeen reasons.

The number of times I've gone off in /a asking why I'm bard-tanking all the wolfsbane, man. At one point arguing with the tank in my party as I slowly die because it's "not their job" despite the other tanks either being eaten or MT.

Tanks are terrible and I hope we don't need them in expansion!

Valor

Even so, you have less responsibility and a way easier time main tanking any of those fights than off tanking them. Off tanks not picking up adds cause wipes. I hate picking up adds. So I main tank. It's way easier and requires so much less effort. That's still the main crux of my confusion amidst all of the jokes about off tanks not doing anything.

There are tanks who literally go in there just to hold adds and stuff and I don't understand it at all. If you're going to be a tank, why wouldn't you want to be main? I dunno. While people say off tanks dont grab adds, they do. It's the only way people are able to clear these trials. So that means that, you know... they're doing their job, albeit poorly. My question is why take the scrub job when the easier job is to literally spam hate combos for five minutes standing stationary?

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I prefer offtanking because then I spend more of the fight in sword oath without having to make healers' (eos') life slightly more miserable.

Tiops

Adds are always tanked by DRGs and BRDs on Crystal Tower (except for wolfsbanes, those are the healers' responsibility). It would be better if there were 3 tanks on the raid, but we unfortunately get only one.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Even so, you have less responsibility and a way easier time main tanking any of those fights than off tanking them. Off tanks not picking up adds cause wipes. I hate picking up adds. So I main tank. It's way easier and requires so much less effort. That's still the main crux of my confusion amidst all of the jokes about off tanks not doing anything.

There are tanks who literally go in there just to hold adds and stuff and I don't understand it at all. If you're going to be a tank, why wouldn't you want to be main? I dunno. While people say off tanks dont grab adds, they do. It's the only way people are able to clear these trials. So that means that, you know... they're doing their job, albeit poorly. My question is why take the scrub job when the easier job is to literally spam hate combos for five minutes standing stationary?

Spoken like a true jobber.

scy

Like I said, to escape any and all responsibility. Main tank is also the one to pull the fight (typically). You usually get the ones who don't want to do anything and sneak through the cracks, the ones who fight over all of the ego, and then the ones who just do their job. OTing is usually the role people think they get to DPS more as so it's "more fun." That's my best guess, anyway.

I mean, there are healers who don't want to heal and DPS that don't want to DPS. I think it's all the same, really. Some people just don't want to do anything at all. Some don't want to do what they're "supposed" to do. You get all kinds.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Somebody wanted to actually steal Wolfsbanes off you?
Did they ride off on a unicorn into a land made of rainbows?

Zomba13

I prefer off tanking because most of the time you wont have an idiot voking off you mid fight being all "hurr hurr I am good warrior. I steal hate I so good". Also too many idiots who aren't the tank pull in CT and if I'm not the main tank it's not my job to pull off them and try and correct a sloppy start.

And MTing in the CT line is just grab thing, point away from people, 1-2-3. At least being an OT, for the fights that have adds and stuff, has you move around and do stuff. And stop people getting eatten by plant life. If I don't do that who will?

Tiops

I like to kill idle people on WoD and expose them. Passing dragonflies, making Cerberus spit stuff on them and running in their direction when marked by Cloud of Darkness. Always fun.

dramatis

I found this in Off Topic somewhere, and figure that it can be put to good use in your petty squabbles.

Eznabwp.gif

Talaysen

You can clear without tanks picking up adds. It's possible, just puts more stress on everyone else. It can also sometimes cause wipes. I usually offtank (if I queue as tank which I never do anymore) so I'm sure that someone's going to be picking them up.

I prefer off tanking because most of the time you wont have an idiot voking off you mid fight being all "hurr hurr I am good warrior. I steal hate I so good". Also too many idiots who aren't the tank pull in CT and if I'm not the main tank it's not my job to pull off them and try and correct a sloppy start.

If a non-tank pulls, as far as I'm concerned they wanted to main tank. No longer my job and I take no responsibility for what happens.

Isaccard

You can clear without tanks picking up adds. It's possible, just puts more stress on everyone else. It can also sometimes cause wipes. I usually offtank (if I queue as tank which I never do anymore) so I'm sure that someone's going to be picking them up.

If a non-tank pulls, as far as I'm concerned they wanted to main tank. No longer my job and I take no responsibility for what happens.

Until your party kicks you for not tanking, cuz it happens

Bookey

Professional Monk
For the contest of winning a free GTX 670 you only have to do this.

Make the worst character possible in character creation, Au Ra included, and post a picture in the thread. I'll look through all of them and send the winner the card. Sound good? Winner of the other contest doesn't qualify.
Best/worst i could do with an Aura, dunno if you can even make a truly ugly one:
IcarIFch.jpg

MogCakes

All the male Au Ra look like DBZ characters, I can't take them seriously. The females are great save for face number 4 which looks completely alien.

I like to kill idle people on WoD and expose them. Passing dragonflies,

Sometimes I'll run towards someone to pass the dragonfly and they run away. Same thing happens with the purple marker, both when I have it and am trying to get people to stack with me or when they have it and I'm trying to stack with them.

Zomba13

Sometimes I'll run towards someone to pass the dragonfly and they run away. Same thing happens with the purple marker, both when I have it and am trying to get people to stack with me or when they have it and I'm trying to stack with them.

Some people don't know how to play the game :(

Aselith

I don't play on the Gaf server but pick me for captain and I will make a big-eyed, waifu queen or a buff, shirtless skylord to rule the skies for you.

*Translator's note: Eyes mean boobs

Zomba13

I should be the captain because then instead of fighting over being captain people would instead be all "fuck this guy" and band together. I'll bring team work back to GAF.

Calling out us lazy tanks us? Have fun from those five adds trying to use their claws your mate with your skull.

Now excuse me while I go WHM and spam Medica II and doing the Harvest dance and nobody calls me out on it.

Zomba13

Calling out us lazy tanks us? Have fun from those five adds trying to use their claws your mate with your skull.

Now excuse me while I go WHM and spam Medica II and doing the Harvest dance and nobody calls me out on it.

That's ok I'll just go SMN and stand over here while Garuda fights and I watch Netflix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom