• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It's all about statics and passive aggressive dick waving. Then again, you can find that on any forum discussing this game.

SE needs to give us real PvP so people can kill each other and let off some steam. That'll fix everything.

You don't try to PK your static members during raid?

I, uh, well it's a bit more difficult. <_<;;

Edit:

Okay okay, don't want to discourage you. To fight Bahamutt you have to clear raids called First and Second Coil first. If you can clear Titan EX you can probably get up to Second Coil without issue. You'll probably start needing solid help sometime around T7-T9, something like that. Each Turn is essentially a boss fight, sometimes with a bit of trash in front of it. Final Coil of Bahamutt is where you fight the big guy. It is also currently the most challenging content in the game behind Savage Coil. Assuming you have good friends who know the content, you should be able to at least see FCoB before the expansion hits.

The ideal way to do content like Coil, is with a group of friends, people whom won't hold it against you too much if you make a mistake while learning the content. You can muddle your way through a lot of Coil without friends, but it's kinda miserable to do it that way.

Most of Final Coil is like Titan EX (one of the best designed fights in the game imo) They are difficult, fight mechanics build upon each other for the most part, and there are ways for bards/dragoons to kill themselves by launching backward.

All you really need in a fight design.

Sounds like something I'd like to do but I don't have a static group. Also my computer is some distance from my PS4 so I don't know how that would work with VoIP. Maybe they have wireless headsets with microphones or something. I suppose I could try DFing it but somehow it seems like it would be more enjoyable with a group that won't vote abandon after the first wipe.

Go back to posting dragon waifu pictures.

nzzp95E.jpg

Done.

Stuart444

T10 Duty Finder clear can be ticked off the bucket list.

That was an experience.

Nice. I've gone in there once, half gaf half randoms. It was an interesting failed first run. I messed up a lot due to the blue symbol being covered by the Shadow Flare/Electric Puddles. (aka next time I will need to position my camera differently than I'm used to lol) but we had everything down apart from the last phase. (one tank was new, if we had two tanks who knew the fight, we'd probably have won... probably).

Going to try it in DF again either tomorrow or Saturday.

Also I want to try PvP at some point, not even entered it at all yet. Maybe go as WAR so I can holmgang people lol.

In other news, after a LOT of gathering/crafting/SBing/Melding, my CUL is finally able to make the 2 star token items for token gear! Just need food to gather HQ dzemael tomatos and I should have the token gear by late next week. Then so long waste of space AF gear for my DoH classes!

Aselith

This is the most rambling incoherent video of all times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r3tKukvC18

I can show you for your FC Plot for Housing that costs 850K. A method or a way to begin to understand your AH sales and transactions on these items. This explains a very detail way of doing this for your enjoyment of making Gil. This takes away the senseless way of making gil by just selling high items. That usually takes hours of work and worth nothing to you in the end. This is guaranteed results

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Every time I look to start back to collecting dungeon atma for my Zodiac, I just stop and shake my head at it. Blah. =/

BadRNG

No one is really talking shit about your static Korra, they are talking shit about Riou. You can't try and equate them, most people understand they are separate things, because if they didn't then they'd think your entire group are flaming jackasses when that is not the case (and from what I've seen, venom never really gets directed at them either for Riou's...riouness)

You don't try to PK your static members during raid?
OH MY GOD I KNEW IT.

Sora_N

It takes some getting used to. Make sure you attune to (click on) all the small aetheryte shards in the main cities, and also any giant aetheryte crystals that you come across.

You can open up the teleport menu to travel between the main cities and quest hubs (or just click directly on the aetheryte crystal icons on the world map).

Cool, I didn't know that.

I just keep getting lost as hell trying to find out where to do the quests or find whatever NPCs. Doesn't seem like they tell me where they are on the map or how to find whatever area.

Kenai

I just keep getting lost as hell trying to find out where to do the quests or find whatever NPCs. Doesn't seem like they tell me where they are on the map or how to find whatever area.

They do label it on the map/minimap. If it's an area you need to go it's outline in red, and a person to talk to has a little triangle mark.

dcye

You could just, you know, explore?

suzu

Click on the quest or check your journal -- it should show you where on the map like Kenai said. If you're still stuck, I guess you can always google the quest name. lol

Stuart444

Once you accept quests, go into the journal, and click on the quest (whichever one you're doing) and click on map, it will show you directly where to go.

Alchemy

Just started playing again, managed to get Pugilist to 15 and Rogue to 11 today and was hoping I could just focus on Rogue/Ninja... and now I realize I need to level up Lancer to 34 for cross class skills T.T

What is the fastest way to level? >.<

So I tried Thornmarch(Extreme) and we only got as far as splitting the PLD/WAR/King among both tanks because of the King buffs. Otherwise it was very chaotic and a pain as a controller user since targeting things is hell due to all the moggles.

Next time I'll have to remember to use the L1 + Dpad Up/Down for targeting since doing it the normal way isn't going to cut it.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Just started playing again, managed to get Pugilist to 15 and Rogue to 11 today and was hoping I could just focus on Rogue/Ninja... and now I realize I need to level up Lancer to 34 for cross class skills T.T

What is the fastest way to level? >.<

As a DPS you should be doing your daily low level roulette and queuing for dungeons while doing fates. Make sure you do the Dungeon/Fate/Leve parts of the challenge log every week as they help a lot. I'm assuming you have already completed the story content up to level 50.

dcye

Jer, your bow dropt yesterday
thats a joke.

It fuckin better be a joke mate.

Its a bit overwhelming for first time players. Took a small bit for me to get used to.

Cherish it. Exploring and discovering the world as you go through the early game is some of the best memories you'll have in this game. Knowing where everything is isn't anywhere near as satisfying.

Cherish it. Exploring and discovering the world as you go through the early game is some of the best memories you'll have in this game. Knowing where everything is isn't anywhere near as satisfying.

I meant in map/UI understanding since that map shows you a lot icons in the big towns. Im playing on PS4 so that could also be the reason.

But I do agree on what your saying though , its one of the big reasons why I am even playing the game, Discovering areas just for the sake of exploring. Been getting around a lot with Botanist doing the Gathering log, and when I see a kick ass/ beautiful area thats new to me, I go in First person mode and bask in it. Hell I miss doing that in FF11.

Sandfox

I can't decide where to preorder the expansion. I don't have the steam version of the game and during the original release of 2.0 Amazon screwed me over.

Zalasta

I know you were just getting in a jab at Riou, but I feel like I need to say something.

Let me offer you a bit of perspective as someone who is merely an observant of this constant drama involving one of your members. Riou doesn't come here and just talks about himself, he talks about his group and then criticize about other people's static in comparison to his. Therefore, when he does that it opens your group up for reciprocation. Then there is the fact that as far as I know, he left GAF for greener pastures. So you have someone that is not an active participant of the GAF FC, does not lift a finger to help the community, but have the audacity to come here and constantly bag on individuals who do make themselves useful and helpful. I don't know about you but that is ridiculous, and the person you should be berating for childish behavior is none other than the guy who continues to put your group out there to be attacked.

I think you're a great guy, but I will never understand why you would choose to be in a group with someone that has such a poor attitude, who apparently doesn't have a single bone of humility in his body.

Man, static dickwaving is really serious business.

Heavensward, please save us.

Yeah, somehow with the addition of "Savager Savage Hard Ultimate Mode" raids, I doubt it's gonna change that much. Beats "corn flat bread thing that's probably not a pizza by any definition of the term" discussions though.

Sora_N

Once you accept quests, go into the journal, and click on the quest (whichever one you're doing) and click on map, it will show you directly where to go.

Click on the quest or check your journal -- it should show you where on the map like Kenai said. If you're still stuck, I guess you can always google the quest name. lol

You could just, you know, explore?

They do label it on the map/minimap. If it's an area you need to go it's outline in red, and a person to talk to has a little triangle mark.

Finally getting used to the maps. I felt really overwhelmed lol.

Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom