• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

It's raising the DPS floor along with the base survivability. It's a huge deal for surviving things, especially when most damage in these turns came down to a binary check of "surviving" or "not surviving."

Yeeeeah, but for T10 and T11, the slight bit of extra HP probably isn't going to save you if you're not handling charges correctly, or if you're standing too close to each other during heat-lightnings, or if your group is botching tethers, etc etc.

Oh sure, it helps, but the hardwipe mechanics in those fights are what got most groups, and better gear only compensates for that so much. Basically, gear helps, but it isn't going to carry you through the bulk of FCoB.

Valor

we just did Turn 3

it was incredible

best designed raid in the game
Serious post: Turn 3 is actually something sorely lacking in S/FCoB since it helps accentuate and tell the story of the raid and gives the feeling of moving through a large, alien space.

The Post We All Expect: Gotta go fast!

xxczx

Kupo!

6St3rFY.jpg

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
what does this have to do with scy

he's literally not even part of that conversation

kayos man...

It has nothing to do with him.

This is too funny. You act big now but you struggled so long on SCoB. Have some humility about it. It was tough for everyone, you can experience a lot of that challenge again by doing Savage since you apparently have forgotten it.

FYI you were that player A :p

Don't you give people shit for not being at your level all the time in this thread in a passive aggressive way?

kayos90

so wait

why are you just randomly throwing shade at someone who's not even part of the conversation you're responding to

I thought scy wrote that statement that Tabris wrote but I was wrong. And I didn't realize I made a mistake until you pointed it out. =/

I have no defense. But it is true that scy does think that most games that people find difficult are easy. He was not part of the original conversation though. My apologies extend to you and scy. =(

kayos90

why are you apologising to me?

it's not like you offended me, I was just wondering what the story was.

:/

I'm just a bad person that has become very bitter as of late. I feel like I'm falling into a certain archetype. Plus I offended your best online friend.

dramatis

I'm finally cleaning out my screenshots folder. This was in it. Not everything is necessarily a statement. I could post pics of Xtech crying but he does that every day.

I wish I had more pics of Kawazi though. But it's also kind of bad because PS3 screenshots lol

I remember Red asked about this. This is how fungah looked back in the heyday of Gold Saucer, on a PS3:
Which is to say I can't really see about 80% of the people on the stage.

Valor

I'm finally cleaning out my screenshots folder. This was in it. Not everything is necessarily a statement. I could post pics of Xtech crying but he does that every day.

I wish I had more pics of Kawazi though. But it's also kind of bad because PS3 screenshots lol

Holy hell you use other emotes that aren't /sit and /no!? Though I'm not too shocked that you have throw and slap on there.

WolvenOne

Is any of the Bahamut stuff like Titan EX? That was hard but ultimately satisfying once I stopped dying within the first minute and was then able to beat it in DF.

I, uh, well it's a bit more difficult. <_<;;

Edit:

Okay okay, don't want to discourage you. To fight Bahamutt you have to clear raids called First and Second Coil first. If you can clear Titan EX you can probably get up to Second Coil without issue. You'll probably start needing solid help sometime around T7-T9, something like that. Each Turn is essentially a boss fight, sometimes with a bit of trash in front of it. Final Coil of Bahamutt is where you fight the big guy. It is also currently the most challenging content in the game behind Savage Coil. Assuming you have good friends who know the content, you should be able to at least see FCoB before the expansion hits.

The ideal way to do content like Coil, is with a group of friends, people whom won't hold it against you too much if you make a mistake while learning the content. You can muddle your way through a lot of Coil without friends, but it's kinda miserable to do it that way.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This is too funny. You act big now but you struggled so long on SCoB. Have some humility about it. It was tough for everyone, you can experience a lot of that challenge again by doing Savage since you apparently have forgotten it.

FYI you were that player A :p

Dude. You need to move on and leave him alone at this point. It's become beyond childish. I get he was in your group and you kicked him out and that's fine - it was your decision - but you act like you can't let it go.

Jayhawk

Drama's screenshot reveals why she often idles on only a few jobs. They're the only jobs with /no on the cross-hotbar. I'd like to think Drama added /huh to her repertoire because of me.

BadRNG

Is any of the Bahamut stuff like Titan EX? That was hard but ultimately satisfying once I stopped dying within the first minute and was then able to beat it in DF.
Most of Final Coil is like Titan EX (one of the best designed fights in the game imo) They are difficult, fight mechanics build upon each other for the most part, and there are ways for bards/dragoons to kill themselves by launching backward.

All you really need in a fight design.

Most of Final Coil is like Titan EX (one of the best designed fights in the game imo) They are difficult, fight mechanics build upon each other for the most part, and there are ways for bards/dragoons to kill themselves by launching backward.

All you really need in a fight design.

I can't wait for the Machinist Death Leap skill

I mean, so did you.

I know you were just getting in a jab at Riou, but I feel like I need to say something. We (our static) had the disadvantage of starting later than most groups in SCoB, combined with the fact we did not have a very strenuous raid schedule. Any group can attest that the more you go in during progression (especially the more frequently you go and avoid large gaps between sessions), the faster you're likely to clear a turn. And I mean that as 1 to 1 comparison. Group A and B both put in X hours into Coil, but Group A clears it in that time while Group B doesn't simply because Group A was more consistent in their schedule. Not all groups are like that I admit, but most adhere to the simple truth - the more frequently you go in and the more time you put in together, the more likely you are to clear. The longer you go without entering, the more likely you'll spend extra time having to warm-up, get back up to speed, and then actually make some progress.

Then combine the above opinion with the fact during SCoB we had to deal with two member changes in the middle or progressing through a turn, not just one (Nuadha and Stanley, our WAR and SMN). That also applied to FCoB, where we had to replace out WAR twice (Ultima Drew, Kingtut). However, we had a more consistent raiding schedule in FCoB, and despite our member changes, we were able to clear it in February instead of the last weekend before new end-game raid stuff like we did with T9 (and apparently half of GAF). I personally would have liked to have cleared both coils a bit sooner than we ended up doing it, but we definitely improved as a group over time and are only getting better.

I'm not saying we're great or anything, but when our group actually tries and puts in effort, we can be pretty decent. I may not always agree with Riou's opinions that he expresses in the OT or elsewhere, but you should also consider as much as I love helping everyone and I'm a member of GAF, this is also the static I'm a part of and we've managed to stick around for a year now and clear everything we've set out to do. So when you do talk crap about the static, whether you intended to or not, you're also talking shit about me. I personally don't care about who clears what first, second, or whatever, and I know Riou sometimes invites this criticism with what he says, but I kind of find any time this type of bickering to go down to be rather childish. But please consider others when you say something about groups, since it's not just one person that makes a static.

Anyway, I wanted to wrap up this probably incoherent and probably contradictory rambling with the fact that we're never going to be a cutting edge progression static vying for server top 10s. That's not who we are. We just want to clear the content while it's still relevant/challenging (ie nerfed to hell or given echo). I never cleared T5 without echo, which is probably the only real shameful thing I regret in my time playing FF XIV. I wanted to make sure that never happened again, and that's my only real goal with end game raiding on a personal level.

to be fair Korra, it's rarely if ever anyone shitting on your group in here. It really only comes up when Riou shits on other people's groups, so you should probably direct most of that to him.

I realise he's in your static, but his penchant for being extremely disrespectful to other people in the thread and one group in particular is inevitably going to invite responses that are less than civil. If you want people not to say stuff about your group you should tell Riou to stop being a twat when he posts in the thread.

We all find the bickering to be childish, but keep in mind where it originates from. I'm in neither static and am saying this with no bias towards either side, it's just that plain and simple.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
This thread has some drama god damn.
It's all about statics and passive aggressive dick waving. Then again, you can find that on any forum discussing this game.

SE needs to give us real PvP so people can kill each other and let off some steam. That'll fix everything.

Kyzer

Banned
holy shitttt i cant wait to get back into this game!! im actually going to have fast internet (Titan was impossible for some reason) along with a spankin new PC and low latency monitor bring ittt

It's all about statics and passive aggressive dick waving. Then again, you can find that on any forum discussing this game.

It's almost as if they don't realize that the best GAF based static is long gone so they are just dick waving for the two spot. :3

ViciousDS

Banned
About to run the benchmark while recording using the windows 10 DVR feature. Let's see how much of a drop I get.

edit: nvm doesn't work for benchmark, only character creation :(

IvorB

Hm ... that's true. I guess EX Primals is still a good comparison point for difficulty, though I still say 8 man WoD, for instance, would still be rough. Either way, both are basically the same sort of mechanics: Mostly individual responsibility with some limited cooperation.

Guess we'll see what happens!

Ay, we'll just have to see what they have planned. :) Pity it's not possible to try 8-man WoD...

Coil drama caused my FC to divorce.

OHHH NO Someone cleared Turn 5 first. Oh no, someone cleared Turn 7 first!

Singlehandedly the best and worst part of the game. Coil that is, not the drama.

Edit : Unless it's S rank drama, that's pretty funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom