• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

Hey guys, I picked this up when it came out but the group I played with stopped after the first month but I resubbed because of the xpac, so here I am. Submitted an application in-game and on the website, look forward to playing with you guys.

Isaccard

I'm not sure what the diapers in between means...? But aight. I'll get back on the train.

I'm a (new) parent to 6 month old twins so usually when I'm online I'm not really physically present as they (wife included) demand a lot of my attention. I admit a lot of the drops were gained with me being AFK most of the time for one reason or another. spoiler tag because some of GAF hasn't caught on to my shenanigans yet. You'd be surprised how many people don't notice someone AFK in a duty though. Not to say that I do this on purpose, but out of necessity; I should just stop queuing for things honestly.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a (new) parent to 6 month old twins so usually when I'm online I'm not really physically present as they (wife included) demand a lot of my attention. I admit a lot of the drops were gained with me being AFK most of the time for one reason or another. spoiler tag because some of GAF hasn't caught on to my shenanigans yet. You'd be surprised how many people don't notice someone AFK in a duty though. Not to say that I do this on purpose, but out of necessity; I should just stop queuing for things honestly.

Your twins weren't born two years ago, I'm on to you!

Alchemy

As a DPS you should be doing your daily low level roulette and queuing for dungeons while doing fates. Make sure you do the Dungeon/Fate/Leve parts of the challenge log every week as they help a lot. I'm assuming you have already completed the story content up to level 50.

My highest level character is PUG... so nope :x What I was trying to do was put myself in the position to focus on one class/job (rogue/ninja) but I guess I gotta do LNC first... which kinda makes me want to level Marauder to 15 so I can have access to a DRG... ack

I think I should take Rogue to 30 first though and at least unlock Ninja. Get my freaking Chocobo at some point.

Valor

My highest level character is PUG... so nope :x What I was trying to do was put myself in the position to focus on one class/job (rogue/ninja) but I guess I gotta do LNC first... which kinda makes me want to level Marauder to 15 so I can have access to a DRG... ack

I think I should take Rogue to 30 first though and at least unlock Ninja. Get my freaking Chocobo at some point.

You really don't need to level Lancer right now. You can work on getting your Ninja to 50 and then go back and level Lancer. You get an exp boost for any class that is lower than your highest class, so it makes sense to get one to 50 and then train the others so the lifting is a bit lighter.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

Focus on taking your Rogue/Ninja to 50 first and make sure you keep progressing through the main story along the way. Don't worry about the cross-class skills until you hit 50 on your Ninja because you'll get a 50% XP bonus toward leveling Lancer and Marauder once you do.

Also if you haven't unlocked the Challenge Log yet go grab the "Rising to the Chalkenge" quest from the Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks.

Alchemy

Oh, wasn't aware that you got an XP buff... that explains why it was so much faster getting my Rogue to 11 compared to my Pugilist. Are cross-class skills not a big deal in duty finder groups? FFXI has made me really paranoid about underleveled subs and what not and I always go a bit crazy trying to avoid that >.>

New Heavensward screens shared by Yoshi-P for his B-day:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Tomat

Oh, wasn't aware that you got an XP buff... that explains why it was so much faster getting my Rogue to 11 compared to my Pugilist. Are cross-class skills not a big deal in duty finder groups? FFXI has made me really paranoid about underleveled subs and what not and I always go a bit crazy trying to avoid that >.>
They are but not until the endgame content. Don't worry about them before you've hit 50 for the first time.

Stuart444

What cross class skills are good for DRG?

I have it at lvl 23 so it's not really anything to worry about right now but I'd like to see what other people think.

Internal Release and Second Wind (Take Pug up to level 12).

Bloodbath, Foresight (not too important but you'll get it when leveling MRD to 15) and Mercy Stroke. (Take MRD up to level 26).

The most important ones are bloodbath, Second Wind and Internal Release. IR is important for DPS, the former two are important for health reasons. (help your healers if you get hit while they heal the tank. bloodbath for similar reasons)

B-Dex

I think I have a problem.

After 3 days attempting Steps of Fail in DF I decided to finally lvl a dps job.

Already had PUG at 12 and never started on ROG. So I decided to get my ninja. I played non-stop till this afternoon and my NIN is 31! Yay No life.

Grisby

Finally. Finally I leave the ranks of crappy looking armor (I swear to god if I ever see another cowl again). I went from red cowl, to green cowl, to velveteen cowl (lvl15-30 something).

I now have a Battlemage coat and hat and look properly majestic. Onward to my White Mage robes.

Newbie here! I just bought the game tonight and have some questions about the install process. Do I only try to start the disc after the PSN download has finished? I tried running it during the download and it said that it couldn't run because a "downloaded version of the same app is already installed". It seemed strange, so I just wanted to check here and see if that was normal.

Internal Release, Mercy Stroke, Bloodbath, Second Wind

Internal Release and Second Wind (Take Pug up to level 12).

Bloodbath, Foresight (not too important but you'll get it when leveling MRD to 15) and Mercy Stroke. (Take MRD up to level 26).

The most important ones are bloodbath, Second Wind and Internal Release. IR is important for DPS, the former two are important for health reasons. (help your healers if you get hit while they heal the tank. bloodbath for similar reasons)

That's pretty close to what I had already, I was just missing Bloodbath and Mercy Stroke. After I finish the last few levels of WAR I'll continue with LNC/DRG.

Fracture and that's it.

This is good advice. I've replaced every spot on my crossbar with Fracture now.

dramatis

Newbie here! I just bought the game tonight and have some questions about the install process. Do I only try to start the disc after the PSN download has finished? I tried running it during the download and it said that it couldn't run because a "downloaded version of the same app is already installed". It seemed strange, so I just wanted to check here and see if that was normal.
Run after the download is done and installed.

Tomat

Finally. Finally I leave the ranks of crappy looking armor (I swear to god if I ever see another cowl again). I went from red cowl, to green cowl, to velveteen cowl (lvl15-30 something).

I now have a Battlemage coat and hat and look properly majestic. Onward to my White Mage robes.
Enjoy your "pants".

Are they pants for dudes? I don't even know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom