• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart444

Ugh, finally:

WN8Id3F.jpg

Tell me that Nexus is easier/faster, please :(

Honestly the Nexus (and Zeta) steps are the easiest. Not exactly fast (fast is pretty much down to RNG as it depends on what instances have bonus light) but no matter what you do, you always progress.

Do a dungeon? Get Light! Do Fates? Get Light! (even if not much light lol) Do trials? Get Light!

Much better than the Zodiac step since that is basically RNG incarnate.

It will be pretty soul crushing if you decide to try and knock it out in a few days. Spread it out over a week or so. Do like 200 - 300 light a day or something (more or less depending on bonus) and you'll be done in a week or so.

And make sure you have a playlist on youtube or itunes or something or maybe use TV/Netflix. It makes the grind easier.

Demoskinos

So question. As a PS4 player what are my options for getting early access to heavenward? Been taking a break from the game until the expansion so not sure how they are doing the early access stuff.

Redx508

So question. As a PS4 player what are my options for getting early access to heavenward? Been taking a break from the game until the expansion so not sure how they are doing the early access stuff.

you can pre order the box copy now or wait till they add it on PSN no one knows when that will be
the main thing to get early access is you need to pre order

Tiops

Well, at least there is almost no RNG involved :(

Are dungeons with bonus worth the trouble or should I just spam Hard Primals nonstop, changing to those with bonus?

plake

Are dungeons with bonus worth the trouble or should I just spam Hard Primals nonstop, changing to those with bonus?

HM primal are the fastest way but for sanity, spread it out and mix it up.

Valor

Most people just go bonus window HM primals and so on. I used to run ST/WoD when it was on bonus back before nerf and it saved me from the monotony of Garuda for two hours. You can really approach it however you'd like to.

WolvenOne

Imagine the kiting potential since ground combatants can't harm you on flying mounts. Troll level -> maximum.

Hmm, might be fun, especially in something like Secure Mode. But I guess they might need to adjust the parameters of how Flying Mounts work if they want to use them in Frontlines.

if double mounts are banned from pvp, then flying will be too in the old maps. They'd have to make maps were it was useful. otherwise it'd be dumb

Allard

Hmm, might be fun, especially in something like Secure Mode. But I guess they might need to adjust the parameters of how Flying Mounts work if they want to use them in Frontlines.

Probably won't let you use flying mounts in PvP or at least force them to be grounded. Warcraft does this already for most of the PvP instances. But lets say they actually did let them, I'm guessing they will make you get 'knocked off' if you get attacked while in the air from a range projectile thus making it so no one would ever willingly use a flying mount in PvP lol.

xxczx

Me and a friend have been trying to do Ramuh EX this weekend.

PF is useless, DF actually gave better results but still no clear. What's annoying is that we are both tanks so we've got our part down so we're explaining to DPS over and over again what needs doing.

I feel like we should just put up a farm group and be like "it's our alts".

Ruruja

Beat Steps in my second DF group today, first abandoned halfway through after 2 wipes. I enjoyed it.

Looking forward to Heavensward now, story is interesting.

STORY SPOILER:
I hope my waifu Yda survived, finally got to see a bit more of her face too :(

WolvenOne

Probably won't let you use flying mounts in PvP or at least force them to be grounded. Warcraft does this already for most of the PvP instances. But lets say they actually did let them, I'm guessing they will make you get 'knocked off' if you get attacked while in the air from a range projectile thus making it so no one would ever willingly use a flying mount in PvP lol.

Seems likely, though it's possible that the arena could be designed around flying mounts. Specifically that there are inpassable gaps that must be flown over.

Not sure that'd be a good idea though. I could see ranged DPS just camping in areas where airborne mounts become targetable again and shooting them down before players have a chance to dismount. Using jump pads would probably be smarter.

Huge shame, seeing as the idea is appealing on a certain level.

Valor

Seems likely, though it's possible that the arena could be designed around flying mounts. Specifically that there are inpassable gaps that must be flown over.

Not sure that'd be a good idea though. I could see ranged DPS just camping in areas where airborne mounts become targetable again and shooting them down before players have a chance to dismount. Using jump pads would probably be smarter.

Huge shame, seeing as the idea is appealing on a certain level.

There's also an issue where the flying mounts are like 2x speed of walking, so they're way faster than ground mounts. It would turn into a scenario where you basically have to use flying mounts to rush or run. Maybe it could be balanced in such a way, but I highly doubt it's worth the time or effort to do it.

Jayhawk

There's also an issue where the flying mounts are like 2x speed of walking, so they're way faster than ground mounts. It would turn into a scenario where you basically have to use flying mounts to rush or run. Maybe it could be balanced in such a way, but I highly doubt it's worth the time or effort to do it.

Devs spend time or effort on PvP? You comedian. Everyone, bend the knee.

RPGCrazied

Ok, I just turned 39. I seem to have ran out of quests, got the hunting log to rank 4. Can't do anymore until I'm 40. I guess its time to do Titan. This fight is what made me stop the last time, lol. Any tips?

Ok, I just turned 39. I seem to have ran out of quests, got the hunting log to rank 4. Can't do anymore until I'm 40. I guess its time to do Titan. This fight is what made me stop the last time, lol. Any tips?

Don't fall.

Seriously though, fight isn't very hard, glowy stuff under your character > move away, try to stay kinda near the center of the platform and well that was about it I think? Or get people to carry you.

RPGCrazied

Don't fall.

Seriously though, fight isn't very hard, glowy stuff under your character > move away, try to stay kinda near the center of the platform and well that was about it I think? Or get people to carry you.

Carry me? Lol. I'll admit the couple times I did it, I was the first to die. But soon as I did, the rest of the group wiped. I'm not even the tank or healer, I'm an archer. Is it doable with 2 dps, tank an healer? Seems like when I died the whole group did right after.

SkyOdin

Titan NM is the first real boss that makes you pay attention to dodging. My first piece of advice is to pull your camera out all the way so you can see as much of the arena as possible. Pay attention to what Titan is doing and try to not develop tunnel vision on your own attacking. As a whole, try to keep close to Titan, but keep spread out from your other allies. Titan's attacks that a DPS needs to worry about:
1) Geocrush: When Titan jumps into the air, get as close to the red edge as you can without stepping in the red. It does more damage the closer you are to the center. Try to stay close to the healer so you can be healed afterwards.
2) Landslide: The line attack that can knock you off the edge. If you stay close to Titan, you might be able to stay on the platform even if you are hit on NM. You should try to dodge it though.
3) Granite Gaols: If someone is trapped by the Gaol, attack it to free them ASAP.
4) Weight of the Land: The circle AoEs. This is why you should spread out. When they appear, just move out of them. Easier said than done, I know.

The dodging isn't complicated in an absolute sense, but it is really punishing compared to what previous bosses in the game throw at you. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it, it just might take a couple wipes if things go badly. Even compared to other Primals, Titan can be really hard on people with lag. As such, improving your internet connection to reduce lag might help.

Carry me? Lol. I'll admit the couple times I did it, I was the first to die. But soon as I did, the rest of the group wiped. I'm not even the tank or healer, I'm an archer. Is it doable with 2 dps, tank an healer? Seems like when I died the whole group did right after.

4man content is always 1tank 1 healer 2DPS. And carry or not carry, more like you can ask the FC for people who know what to do to clear it easily. I don't really remember titan normal but iirc if a DPS dies, it becomes hard to break the gaols so when the healers get hit, the tank then dies, and everyone dies. You can get rezed though, provided you didn't fall.

Semper88

You speak of pvp?! You sir are mad, you dare raise this topic :p

fader

Just paid a month and I am really enjoying this game the more I am learning about it. I freaked out at being able to change classes.

That feeling when someone uses the LB to kill one of the mini-moggles in Thornmarch EX.

Still, we managed to down it with around 20 minutes on the clock.

Now on to Ramuh EX.

Congrats! Did you guys go over any battle plans beforehand?
Yup. Had 4 people numbered in order of priority for decharming people and a spot for those charmed people to go to make it easier. One of the tanks also had a macro telling people when to get orbs and when a tank would get orbs. We only wiped once and barely pulled it off the second time.

Teknoman

Yup. Had 4 people numbered in order of priority for decharming people and a spot for those charmed people to go to make it easier. One of the tanks also had a macro telling people when to get orbs and when a tank would get orbs. We only wiped once and barely pulled it off the second time.

Awesome, if every DF party could come together like that...would be great.

xxczx

Any Warrior vets here?

I'm trying to figure out what to go about upgrading. My left side is full WoD gear (head is T6), my weapon is Poetics and right side is Soldiery with head and 1 ring being Poetics (head VIT, ring STR). I'm about to join a static once we find two more people so I want to be ready for at least the whole of ScoB. I have a lvl50 PLD too.

I realise we're nearly at Heavensward so my armour is going to be reset but it doesn't hurt :p

Ken

Any Warrior vets here?

I'm trying to figure out what to go about upgrading. My left side is full WoD gear (head is T6), my weapon is Poetics and right side is Soldiery with head and 1 ring being Poetics (head VIT, ring STR). I'm about to join a static once we find two more people so I want to be ready for at least the whole of ScoB. I have a lvl50 PLD too.

I realise we're nearly at Heavensward so my armour is going to be reset but it doesn't hurt :p

...you mean FCOB?

Ken

Yes {Oops!}

Poe head, arms, belt, and feet are good. Keep the WoD chest but you'll need to make up the accuracy elsewhere (probably Poe pants). Accessories depends on if you're okay with slaying>fending I guess? Poe slaying earring, bracelet, and ring.

plake

Poe head, arms, belt, and feet are good. Keep the WoD chest but you'll need to make up the accuracy elsewhere (probably Poe pants). Accessories depends on if you're okay with slaying>fending I guess? Poe slaying earring, bracelet, and ring.

I'd argue WOD feet are better than Poe feet unless you need the acc, which you shouldn't really need, but they're both good.

Valor

I'd argue WOD feet are better than Poe feet unless you need the acc, which you shouldn't really need, but they're both good.

You'll need the accuracy if you are running FCoB pants and WoD chest. Even then, I'd rather slap on the Poetics feet because you can afford to run less accuracy stuff in other places. I haven't run the numbers, but you'll probably get close to equal dps out of either pair of boots, and Poetic boots give more vit, which can allow you to run more slaying stuff or other dps heavy gear (like dat pantsu).

Personally, I would just look to upgrade pieces to get your accuracy where it needs to be and prioritize pants/head/belt/boots. I'm not a huge believer in poetics gloves, but you can grab those too if you want.

Valonquar

Yesterday I rolled a 2 on three separate rolls for EX primal ponies. I then rolled a 22 on another. /tableflip

On the plus side, I have had excellent luck building groups for Levi/Ramuh/Shiva runs to get the last 3 I need. Just need RNG to throw me a bone ;_;

plake

You'll need the accuracy if you are running FCoB pants and WoD chest. Even then, I'd rather slap on the Poetics feet because you can afford to run less accuracy stuff in other places. I haven't run the numbers, but you'll probably get close to equal dps out of either pair of boots, and Poetic boots give more vit, which can allow you to run more slaying stuff or other dps heavy gear (like dat pantsu).

Personally, I would just look to upgrade pieces to get your accuracy where it needs to be and prioritize pants/head/belt/boots. I'm not a huge believer in poetics gloves, but you can grab those too if you want.

Ah, yes, FCOB pantsu are t obe preferrred but that might be a later concern.

Tiops

So, light farming is... interesting. No RNG involved (just need luck with your party on DF), but it's kinda fast. And my wife plays SCH, so the queues are pretty fast. Farmed Ifrit HM and Ramuh HM until I reached the second light stage. Probably will try a stage each day...

They should think of fun ways to progress on the relic quest in 3.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom