• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvorB

So, light farming is... interesting. No RNG involved (just need luck with your party on DF), but it's kinda fast. And my wife plays SCH, so the queues are pretty fast. Farmed Ifrit HM and Ramuh HM until I reached the second light stage. Probably will try a stage each day...

They should think of fun ways to progress on the relic quest in 3.0.

Light farming is a lot of fun. You should enjoy it while you can; the next step is truly hideous.

RPGCrazied

Titan NM is the first real boss that makes you pay attention to dodging. My first piece of advice is to pull your camera out all the way so you can see as much of the arena as possible. Pay attention to what Titan is doing and try to not develop tunnel vision on your own attacking. As a whole, try to keep close to Titan, but keep spread out from your other allies. Titan's attacks that a DPS needs to worry about:
1) Geocrush: When Titan jumps into the air, get as close to the red edge as you can without stepping in the red. It does more damage the closer you are to the center. Try to stay close to the healer so you can be healed afterwards.
2) Landslide: The line attack that can knock you off the edge. If you stay close to Titan, you might be able to stay on the platform even if you are hit on NM. You should try to dodge it though.
3) Granite Gaols: If someone is trapped by the Gaol, attack it to free them ASAP.
4) Weight of the Land: The circle AoEs. This is why you should spread out. When they appear, just move out of them. Easier said than done, I know.

The dodging isn't complicated in an absolute sense, but it is really punishing compared to what previous bosses in the game throw at you. Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it, it just might take a couple wipes if things go badly. Even compared to other Primals, Titan can be really hard on people with lag. As such, improving your internet connection to reduce lag might help.

You will love Titan EX.

4man content is always 1tank 1 healer 2DPS. And carry or not carry, more like you can ask the FC for people who know what to do to clear it easily. I don't really remember titan normal but iirc if a DPS dies, it becomes hard to break the gaols so when the healers get hit, the tank then dies, and everyone dies. You can get rezed though, provided you didn't fall.

Thank you! Took almost 45 minutes for the Duty Finder to kick in, and after these posts and watching a couple videos, I manage to beat him! I still died, lol, but it was at the very end of his HP bar. Main thing was breaking party members free when turning into a rock, and when he jumps get to the edge. And no, I won't be doing hard mode. I'm basically playing for the story.

IvorB

Titan HM is required as part of the story now.

titan3.png

"I'll see you again soon, RPGCrazied. Mwah ha ha ha ha"

Shamdeo

He is? Haha, do you fight all the primal's again or just him?

Afaik, hard mode Titan isn't reqired for the main story. It's required for your relic though.

Through the main scenario you'll only fight the primals once each, though Leviathan, Ramuh, and Shiva will be called (Hard) despite that encounter being their lowest difficulty.

scy

Afaik, hard mode Titan isn't reqired for the main story. It's required for your relic though.

Through the main scenario you'll only fight the primals once each, though Leviathan, Ramuh, and Shiva will be called (Hard) despite that encounter being their lowest difficulty.

Hm... I remember the original requirements for the 2.5 Trial/Chain to have the HM trio. Maybe that was just during the datamining parts of it and not the official notes and I just never double checked.

Edit: From the 2.5 Patch Notes for the MSQ:
Good Intentions
Players must first complete the main scenario quest "Let Us Cling Together," and have completed The Bowl of Embers (Hard), The Navel (Hard), and The Howling Eye (Hard).

Ruruja

All the HM primals were fun when I did them at the start of my relic quest. I prefer primal fights to dungeons. You should definitely do them RPGCrazied.

Titan HM was great, the MT got knocked off right near the start so I (the OT) took over and we managed to defeat him, all while the MT chilled at the bottom of the map.

Tiops

HM primals are easier than NM today. You can be at the minimum ilevel required, but there will be 7 other players that want to finish their Nexus ASAP that will destroy the boss.

Light farming is a lot of fun. You should enjoy it while you can; the next step is truly hideous.
It's funny how I hear this at every step. But, yeah, I researched and Zodiac seems to be bullshit. At least I already have all the bombard cores and 2 spring waters.

Valor

Kids these days are spoiled. Back in my day the Relic steps were harder. We had to walk uphill in the snow both ways to gather enough tomes for our Animus books. Days spent crawling around Lower La Noscea for Atma, let me tell you. The nerve of some people complaining about minor inconveniences like 60,000 company seals or 4,000 solidery. Bah humbug.

Get off my lawn.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I still think Nexus is the worst step. It's just a grind with no unique content.
Zodiac is at least involved, there's different aspects of the game, soldiery, GC seals, crafting, desynthesis, and dungeons are always more fun than hundreds of Garuda runs, let me tell you what. RNG sucks but what can you do.

Meanwhile I'm running 2.2 dungeons for the Hussar glamour for my dragoon and... It's amazing how much difference proper DPS makes. Catoblepas dies on the first Tainted Eye cycle. Gladiators collapse in seconds. The whole run takes ten minutes. This really confirms my worst fears - absolute most players in the game don't know or use the basic rules of the classes they are playing. It's kinda disgusting how much time you waste because people slack. I know, I know, I shouldn't be so elitist and judgmental, especially since my own level is mediocre at best, but good god, try a little you people.

Oh, and Life Surge + B4B + Dragonfire Dive?
God tier.

Syrcus Tower Monk set: Hideous.

World of Darkness Monk set: Pretty neat.

...How hard is World of Darkness? >_>

More or less the worst it can be is it taking over an hour to clear. It's harder than Syrcus, but not by a whole lot. Just read up a quick guide beforehand, there's a few gimmicks you want to know so you don't die instantly to stuff, but mostly it's just a large good looking piñata.

Valor

Congratulations, you know what irony is. It is indeed when what is said is opposite of what is meant.

I do very much love when my jokes are explained for me. Sometimes I don't understand them. Such is the depth of my wit. I'm not entirely sure if you get this one, but I'll just assume you do.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Hey guys! (I'm Arya Lightbringer - Server: Ultros)

I've been gone from FFXIV for a little over half a year! What have I missed since August of last year?!

Are hunts still the rage?

I'm tempted to come back to FFXIV!

Kyzer

Banned
Hey guys! (I'm Arya Lightbringer - Server: Ultros)

I've been gone from FFXIV for a little over half a year! What have I missed since August of last year?!

Are hunts still the rage?

I'm tempted to come back to FFXIV!

I'm gonna start again soon too! I think we played and left in the same era

It's been a week since I started to play this silly game, it's fun so far, here's a pic of my character just hanging around:

I got the Arcanist leveling out of the way already, time to get to 30 and get my White Mage job and hopefully an outfit that doesn't look like shit..

I also sent my application to join the GAF guild. :D

Bards really are the noisiest. Even when they attack.

Especially catgirl bards. They are the worst.

That problem comes from having too few voice previews for each option.

When I fantasia'd to Miqote I didn't know I would hear "WOOOOOOO" every time I used a skill.

Now that I'm back to Highlander I don't have to deal with that since I just used the old voice option I chose the first time.

Hopefully I don't run into that issue when I switch to Au Ra.

Bards really are the noisiest. Even when they attack.

Especially catgirl bards. They are the worst.

Whoever at Squenix decided that bards had to be that chatty needs to be fired. There isn't even a good reason why all bard attacks have to trigger the grunt noises literally every skill used.

However if you pick the right voice, catgirl bards are impossibly cute while making their cute attack noises.

Nohar

So, I came back (again). Finally beat Titan EX, Ifrit EX and Odin EX (thanks to all of my guildmates! Heck, our guildmaster got the Titan pony on his first down :D ). If everything goes well, T9 will be beaten tonight too. Still, I'm kinda low on ilvl compared to everyone who had the time to farm (BRD 117, WHM 111, PLD 109, NIN 109, SCH 108). Kinda want to switch to NIN, but even if I know the rotation, executing it flawlessly is a different matter, and I am just unable to do the Mudras quickly enough - if I try to chain them too quickly, one of them is skipped because the server considers that it is still under cooldown (possibly because of the server lag - I'm european), so I have to be sure that they are up before doing the next one. Kinda hurt the DPS (at least in my mind, which is enough to make me crazy).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom