• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made an attempt on Ramuh EX.

We ultimately failed but not before turning it into a Tales of game(s) chatroom for around 20 minutes or so until 2 people popped up for 2 last attempts.

Met some cool people. It kind of sucks that you can't visit other servers without paying however, since it would have been nice to form a group with all of them again. At least one of them is on Ultros :p.

Raijinken

Turn 13 solo heal complete with the help of my ZR friends. I forgot to record the first half of the fight but we'll probably go again another day this week. Maybe I'll upload the video anyway, though.

NVE6ZrP.jpg

xxczx

Joined a farm party for Ramuh EX (so I can finally get my clear), asked beforehand and he said that if I died twice he'll kick me.

Cleared about six times with no wipe. Here I come Shiva.

Stuart444

Joined a farm party for Ramuh EX (so I can finally get my clear), asked beforehand and he said that if I died twice he'll kick me.

Cleared about six times with no wipe. Here I come Shiva.

At least you asked before hand. Better than those that try to sneak in (or worse, people who start the group saying "Farm Party" when they usually mean "help me get a clear and then I'll disband the party")

nickcv

Can someone explain to me why accuracy is important for tanks? I never had the issue of missing mobs. Does the stat contribute to something else I'm not aware of?

Can someone explain to me why accuracy is important for tanks? I never had the issue of missing mobs. Does the stat contribute to something else I'm not aware of?

Endgame content demands that you have enough accuracy to hit stuff. Otherwise bad things could happen.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Every enemy has a certain amount of accuracy required from you to hit. It's higher from the front and lower for magic users. Missing is uncommon because generally gear provides you with enough, but high-end encounters such as coil or extreme primals might impose a particular high value required to be able to hit every single time. Missing is binary, you either have the full effect of the attack or you don't, but the chance of missing scales with how much accuracy you have. If you just do dungeons it's unlikely you'll ever miss in there, but as a White Mage with 408-409 accuracy I occasionally miss hunt mobs, even of B rank, so... You don't ever want to miss because you won't get the cooldown or the resources spent back, and if the move was a part of a combo, the combo will not advance either.

nickcv

Endgame content demands that you have enough accuracy to hit stuff. Otherwise bad things could happen.

I never had the problem with any of the dungeon so far. By end game do you mean the raids specifically?

Should I prepare for the worse or by the time you complete all the dungeons you should have already experienced the issue?

Ken

If it's not Coil, your base accuracy is usually sufficient.

Levi, Moogle EX have accuracy caps near the T5 cap.
Shiva EX have accuracy caps near the T9 cap.
Ifrit, Garuda, Titan, Ramuh HM/EX have negligible accuracy caps.
Dungeons as of 2.4 have negligible accuracy caps.
CT and ST have negligible accuracy caps.

If you do go into Coil you want to boost your accuracy with gear/food to meet the cap.
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/278dx2/accuracy_cap_for_everything_coil_19

nickcv

Every enemy has a certain amount of accuracy required from you to hit. It's higher from the front and lower for magic users. Missing is uncommon because generally gear provides you with enough, but high-end encounters such as coil or extreme primals might impose a particular high value required to be able to hit every single time. Missing is binary, you either have the full effect of the attack or you don't, but the chance of missing scales with how much accuracy you have. If you just do dungeons it's unlikely you'll ever miss in there, but as a White Mage with 408-409 accuracy I occasionally miss hunt mobs, even of B rank, so... You don't ever want to miss because you won't get the cooldown or the resources spent back, and if the move was a part of a combo, the combo will not advance either.

Oh ok, that explains a lot! I've done just a couple of extreme primals and no raid so far.

What total of accuracy should I be aiming at? I'm a warrior btw

dcye

Haha our group is cursed.. Anti BRD.

Tho indeed we have about every weapon for our alts now :D

I tried to get every HA Weapon back in the day, ended up missing out on the Cleavers, Crook and SCH Book (Shield as well I guess if you count that). Would like to try with Dread but I think Jonno might strangle me from across the planet if I suggest it haha.

Valor

Turn 13 solo heal complete with the help of my ZR friends. I forgot to record the first half of the fight but we'll probably go again another day this week. Maybe I'll upload the video anyway, though.
Congrats, love <3 That reminds me that a certain someone in that group never got me the number of that cat person from like a week or so ago. I got an Akh Morn to pick.

Oh ok, that explains a lot! I've done just a couple of extreme primals and no raid so far.

What total of accuracy should I be aiming at? I'm a warrior btw
If you look at that reddit thread Ken posted, you could probably answer that yourself. If you're looking to raid, you'll want enough accuracy to do that raid. There is no set number since if you don't plan to raid you don't need to worry about accuracy. The highest accuracy required so far is 558 from T13.

Semper88

I tried to get every HA Weapon back in the day, ended up missing out on the Cleavers, Crook and SCH Book (Shield as well I guess if you count that). Would like to try with Dread but I think Jonno might strangle me from across the planet if I suggest it haha.

Lets just get another super deeps like Dee and i'll solo tank 13.

Pejo

So I just renewed my sub, haven't played since just after they released the transmog (or whatever its called) system for armors/weapons. Twintania was the "endgame" last I played. What's the fastest way to get competitively geared these days? Also, any cool new things to check out besides golden saucer? I hear there's a ninja class now too?

TRI Mike

Yesterday I finished my very first dungeon (La Noscea one) with the help of Haman Karn and Silvers from the GAF FC. If you see this post, thanks a lot guys.

EDIT: I think my Guildworks application failed. It was accepted but I don't think it worked. Can anyone check¿

Jumping in with a quick question, it's already been discussed in here a bit but I was wondering if there was an "official" word on it out there yet. Have they confirmed that the Mac client is going to be its own separate license/purchase from the PC version?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So as a 130 DRG with a DW spear I managed to do 530 in T11, 430 in T13 (both without Echo) and 600 on dummy w/o bonuses. Seems like I'm missing something and I should be able to get more gud. Sighh.

So as a 130 DRG with a DW spear I managed to do 530 in T11, 430 in T13 (both without Echo) and 600 on dummy w/o bonuses. Seems like I'm missing something and I should be able to get more gud. Sighh.

well obviously your rotation is fucked up. get good

Jayhawk

The key to high dps is to minimize the amount of time you are not hitting buttons.

ViciousDS

Banned
We accidentally commenced last night for CC with no tank....2 black mages, white mage and me the bard.....took us over an hour... But we did it lol I even got it on stream although this was recorded with way to much mic boost and wasn't recorded using my pro mic. I can post vid but I won't just advertise my channel here don't think its allowed.

This is a common theme in CT and ST as well, so it's not too surprising. Though people wipe on Cloud of Darkness and it makes me wanna cry. The fight is so long and annoying.

It is a long fight, yeah.

We wiped twice. Once because a dingus tank pulled before people were there, once because people kept running the laser spam through the group.

The third fight we were actually doing WORSE because our MT died and we lost like five DPS because she was sniping them afterwards, but we pulled it together at the end and won.

It's not difficult, but those mechanics are no joke. Screwing up one thing will wipe your raid.

RPGCrazied

How's the PS4 port? I might get that at some point. I can play at 1080p on pc now, but sometimes it can drop below 20fps depending on what I'm doing.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Holy shit was I rusty after 8 months.

Hahaha tell me about it i'm thinking if I should come back or not. I'm pretty sure I got booted off the FC since my leave of absence has been over 6 months. If someone would so kindly add me back into the FC - Arya Lightbringer is my name!

Stuart444

Hahaha tell me about it i'm thinking if I should come back or not. I'm pretty sure I got booted off the FC since my leave of absence has been over 6 months. If someone would so kindly add me back into the FC - Arya Lightbringer is my name!

Find any GAFer in game, right click/press square with them selected, view company profile, apply to company. If you applied on the guild works website before, that is all you need to do. It's not hard to find GAFers either lol. (especially if you go to the Mist and look for the house :p )

Reveirg

Do you guys think it's safe to pre-order from amazon.ca as far as the early access code goes? Or am I better off trying out at my local EBGames?

Guys after reading a few "I'm done with WoW and wanna try something new" threads I noticed so much talk about FF XIV that it is hard to ignore it :p

So I got interested and really wanna give it a shot. I would ofc love to be a part of GAF club and all so I have a few questions before I plunge in:

1. How is ping/lag on Ultros server for EU folks? Are there any EU servers currently?
2. Is this game as grind heavy as I've read FFXI was?
3. Is PvP any good? (not arena type but more of Battlegrounds type)
4. How is community? Compared to todays WoW I mean. Nobody talks with anybody and just minds their own business.

Any interesting stuff that is different/new coming from wow?

Thanks guys

Hasney

Guys after reading a few "I'm done with WoW and wanna try something new" threads I noticed so much talk about FF XIV that it is hard to ignore it :p

So I got interested and really wanna give it a shot. I would ofc love to be a part of GAF club and all so I have a few questions before I plunge in:

1. How is ping/lag on Ultros server for EU folks? Are there any EU servers currently?
2. Is this game as grind heavy as I've read FFXI was?
3. Is PvP any good? (not arena type but more of Battlegrounds type)
4. How is community? Compared to todays WoW I mean. Nobody talks with anybody and just minds their own business.

Any interesting stuff that is different/new coming from wow?

Thanks guys

1. Ping is fine coming from the UK. There are EU servers, but they're based in Canada anyway, so it's no difference
2. Nah, there were very few scenarios where I had to go out of my way to level up to get to max level. Gathering and crafting can be as can getting the best gear, but it's never overly so
3. I never liked standard PvP, but Frontline 24 player is an absolute blast
4. There's usually a lot of chat about, especially in the GAF Free Company though. I've not had many silent party finder groups even, but I'd look at a guide or video before high level dungeons or people get a bit pissy if you don't know what you're doing.

Can't compare with WoW as I never really got into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom