• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaurung

Yay, hit Summoner level 50 eariler than expected. Mostly because I hanged around in dungeons all the time.

Celebrated by purchasing a new dress.
ffxiv-smn50.jpg

Frumix

Suffering From Success
[19:22]You earn the achievement “A Flower by Any Other Name”!
This was fun. Did not expect to do this at all, just joined a PF (a group that was normally a static needed fill-ins because not everybody were interested) and we did it in two days from essentially zero. Free loot!
We plan to gather again for further turns.
Kinda nostalgic. T6 was essentially baby's first raid for me.

IvorB

So after doing the hard modes of all the dungeons going back and doing your duty roulette for lower level characters just feels boring. I'm pretty sure I definitely pissed off a dragoon for barely paying attention in the manor

I stopped doing LLDR with level 50 characters a long time ago. It's just too boring and there are so many other ways to get soldiery so why bother with it?

Sora_N

Am I doing something wrong? Why the fuck's it so annoying to login for this game?

Seriously the account system sucks ass.

The first 2 days I tried to login it forced me to reset my password, but I kind of bypassed that by using rest mode on PS4 and I was able to skip it.

I don't even know how to do the stupid one-time password thing since it won't let me fucking login and locked my account out.

EDIT: Finally reset after 15 minutes and I was able to set up the One Time password, hope this doesn't happen again. Ugh.

So I'm trying my first dungeon, I'm ARC so I assume it will take at least 30 minutes or something wait?

I stopped doing LLDR with level 50 characters a long time ago. It's just too boring and there are so many other ways to get soldiery so why bother with it?

Well I'm leveling up my lower level characters (lv 37 scholar now) still feels super easy though. I might just be a shitty healer lol

If you're using the phone app for one-time password, make damn sure you log in to the account management site and print out or write down the emergency password you were given. I've had the phone app mysteriously forget it was paired to my account twice for no apparent reason, and if you don't have the emergency password to remove the one-time password from your account you get to have fun with Squenix's customer "service" to get your account back.

So apparently Edda's ghost shows up in town every so often. Will we ever be free?

I'm still waiting for Edda to found the Necromancer's Guild and recruit the player into it. Necromancer would be a fun class to have in FFXIV.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I'm still waiting for Edda to found the Necromancer's Guild and recruit the player into it. Necromancer would be a fun class to have in FFXIV.

Isn't the spot kinda taken up by the summoner? Conjure things to fight for them, attack enemies with poisons and sheer ruination. That sounds like the concept for a necromancer to me except things just happen to be foxes and fairies and chicken nuggets instead of spirits and undead.

Isn't the spot kinda taken up by the summoner? Conjure things to fight for them, attack enemies with poisons and sheer ruination. That sounds like the concept for a necromancer to me except things just happen to be foxes and fairies and chicken nuggets instead of spirits and undead.

Well if they ever fix Summoner so it's actually like traditional FF Summoner, then the pet class could be Necromancer instead.

plake

Ileterate Panda Death Squad static, GAFs best EU static (lol) finally downed T12. Good job guys. Bahamut prime is next. :3

TRI Mike

Just got into GAF FC, everyone seems very nice which is great (my character is Mike Nieto, you might see my little Lalafell running around waving to you in Ul'dah/Thanalan). Also just hit level 15 and don't know if I should just keep focusing on main scenario quests, THAU quests and whatever else shows up in my Recommendations window.

I wanna visit other areas, see what they offer but monsters in Southern Thanalan are still too strong for me so I'm scared about getting too far from Ul'dah. I also want to start leveling a crafting class, especifically alchemy (Atelier fan here), but it seems like I'll need to spend a shit ton of gil on ingredients. I'm Alchemist level 3, so any recommendations there¿ or should I just focus on Thaumaturge for the time being¿

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Just got into GAF FC, everyone seems very nice which is great (my character is Mike Nieto, you might see my little Lalafell running around waving to you in Ul'dah/Thanalan). Also just hit level 15 and don't know if I should just keep focusing on main scenario quests, THAU quests and whatever else shows up in my Recommendations window.

I wanna visit other areas, see what they offer but monsters in Southern Thanalan are still too strong for me so I'm scared about getting too far from Ul'dah. I also want to start leveling a crafting class, especifically alchemy (Atelier fan here), but it seems like I'll need to spend a shit ton of gil on ingredients. I'm Alchemist level 3, so any recommendations there¿ or should I just focus on Thaumaturge for the time being¿

1. Focus on story quests over everything else.
2. Alchemist eventually started paying for itself almost with crafting leves, but it's not necessary at the moment.

TRI Mike

Ah, I forgot to ask. Is there an auction house here like in FFXI¿ I haven't seen any and the game is giving me the impression that most things are sold by NPCs... so I don't get what the point of the crafting jobs are if you can't sell your stuff.

Zhao_Yun

Ah, I forgot to ask. Is there an auction house here like in FFXI¿ I haven't seen any and the game is giving me the impression that most things are sold by NPCs... so I don't get what the point of the crafting jobs are if you can't sell your stuff.

You can sell things once you get your retainers at Lv17. To buy stuff you can use the market boards in the market areas of the 3 starting cities.

RPGCrazied

Decided to come back for awhile, see how things go. Hit a road block at Titan and stopped playing for a few months. I do have a worse video card, but disabling the HDR thing helped tremendously. How do you do the gold saucer stuff? Its greyed out.

And how do I go about getting a GAF guild invite?

Qvoth

Yay, hit Summoner level 50 eariler than expected. Mostly because I hanged around in dungeons all the time.

Celebrated by purchasing a new dress.

unless that's a melded vanya, your AF armor is probably still better
just farm soldiers and crystal towers now while slowly getting poetics for ironworks stuff

SkyOdin

If you look at previous versions of the Final Fantasy Necromancer (mainly the one in FF V), it was less about summoning the undead as much as being the undead. Most enemy necromancers were undead, the Lich Ring turns you into the undead in FF IV, etc. It's all about selling your soul to darkness for a body that is really hard to kill and powerful, unique attack spells. And dying to Cure II.

barrin87

Woot, finally got to level 50 on my BLM! Now to finish up the story. I have my artifact armor and my ring for finishing up the hunting log but the rest of my gear is just from story quests. Up to Cape Westwind in the story.

Still have to figure out a good setup on the PS4 for my spells though since I'm not using half of them and probably can't get away with that as much now.

TRI Mike

I'm having a blast with the story quests and finishing everything other quest and hunting log entry. I'm almost level 18 thaumaturge and will probably try to begin a business as an alchemist, I'm interested in that. Since my goal for the game is to become a Black Mage, I might need help soon traveling from Uldah to Gridania. Have no clue how to do that or the retainers thing for my alchemy.

If you look at previous versions of the Final Fantasy Necromancer (mainly the one in FF V), it was less about summoning the undead as much as being the undead. Most enemy necromancers were undead, the Lich Ring turns you into the undead in FF IV, etc. It's all about selling your soul to darkness for a body that is really hard to kill and powerful, unique attack spells. And dying to Cure II.

I can practically see the Job quest already. "By the Twelve, Avatar! You're the best undead I've ever seen! You'll be deader than me in no time!"

dcye

I'm having a blast with the story quests and finishing everything other quest and hunting log entry. I'm almost level 18 thaumaturge and will probably try to begin a business as an alchemist, I'm interested in that. Since my goal for the game is to become a Black Mage, I might need help soon traveling from Uldah to Gridania. Have no clue how to do that or the retainers thing for my alchemy.

Just keep doing the story quests, they will take you to every part of the world. Also, I'd suggest taking it easy on the crafting until you a) get a Gil base and b) get a better grip on the game and how it works. At the moment its pretty hard to make Gil as an alchemist on anything because potions are generally used in progression and we're at the very end of the patch cycle and no one is using them. You can still make money on X-Pots but you need to be a high level crafter for that.

Qvoth

from central thanalan, go to the northeastern exit into eastern thanalan, then take the northeastern exit again into south shroud, northwestern exit into central shroud, somewhere in the middle of the map there's a northern exit, that's gridania

i'd say just concentrate on getting 1 battle class to 50 1st before venturing into crafting and gathering classes

Sora_N

I made level 20 on Archer but I'm still about 4 levels over my story quest levels.

I hope it doesn't take that long to get to 30. I really want bard.

Aselith

Just keep doing the story quests, they will take you to every part of the world. Also, I'd suggest taking it easy on the crafting until you a) get a Gil base and b) get a better grip on the game and how it works. At the moment its pretty hard to make Gil as an alchemist on anything because potions are generally used in progression and we're at the very end of the patch cycle and no one is using them. You can still make money on X-Pots but you need to be a high level crafter for that.

To add to this, gathering is a good way to get some walking around money so taking up botany and mining is a good idea. You can make some good money on the various shards that can be mined at level 1. It's not gonna be great money but if you keep an eye on the market you can make some cash.

grimmiq

I made level 20 on Archer but I'm still about 4 levels over my story quest levels.

I hope it doesn't take that long to get to 30. I really want bard.

It doesn't take that long to get to 30 the first couple of times while you still have quests. If you don't want to stop and fully do FATEs (Like when there's no one else in the zone doing any) you can just kill a 4-6 of the enemies and continue on with your quests/leves..when the timer runs out on them and the FATE fails, you'll still get a decent chunk of exp.

rockx4

Looking to get back into the game before the expansion, haven't really played since before 2.1. Anyone have an FC on Cactuar before I look for an FC off the server? Would rather not have to deal with the gil transfer limit.

Valonquar

From the sound of things, the new relics will have an early step that is easier depending on your current status with old relic. My guess is it will not be that huge an advantage.

Valor

D:

And to think everything will be useless in less than 2 months...

But real talk, a lot of people say Animus books are the shittiest step these days. I wouldn't entirely disagree with them. The light farming was pretty nerfed (cut in half) so I'm sure it's not as soul crushing as it used to be.

I hope you like Garuda.

Isaccard

But real talk, a lot of people say Animus books are the shittiest step these days. I wouldn't entirely disagree with them. The light farming was pretty nerfed (cut in half) so I'm sure it's not as soul crushing as it used to be.

I hope you like Garuda.

With the light nerf animus is indead the worst step

Frumix

Suffering From Success
T9 savage: feel the T9 progression aka sleep through phase 1 for 5 minutes before getting BTFO in 3 seconds after Megaflare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom