• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valor

Guys I'm getting bored enough that I'm considering farming Odin for glamour this weekend. Please help
me farm
No.
Guys when is the earliest I can apply for guild? I mean when can I expect to find someone from GAF guild ingame? (Just started am lvl 3)

I don't think it much matters. People from GAF are all over the place, so you're bound to run into someone eventually.

Stuart444

Guys when is the earliest I can apply for guild? I mean when can I expect to find someone from GAF guild ingame? (Just started am lvl 3)

One of the main cities will have GAFers around probably. If you're in limsa (which if you're not, you can go there at level 15), you can head to the mist (aka the housing distrct) and look for the GAF house. Plenty of GAF folks hang out there.

RPGCrazied

I see someone from the GAF guild around all the time when I play. If you see a level 41 Bard named Ayperos Ray, that is me. :)

RPGCrazied

Ok, I have a question about Bard songs. I'm a newbie so bear with me. If mage's ballad is active, does it constantly refresh party mp or do I have to keep using the skill?

Welp. Video cards make a big difference!

This is my original card with DX9 max settings.
zPhQLDC.png

I just got the GTX 680 that I won from ViciousDS' contest today and ran the test on DX11 max settings.

ipW0WJm.png

fader

A couple of people complaining about that on Ultros as well.

I think it's fine now.

EDIT: nvm... Just had an entire team yell at me during a dungeon because I kept dying because of the lag. (sometimes I hate playing with people...) Could not dodge the boss' attacks.

Idk whats going on but I'm giving this game a break tonight.

scy

We got pretty good loot too.

Edit: Okay see, I did this before that post there!

Same loot. Just the title.

Aizo

Banned
I've been thinking of buying this game a lot lately, but I have some foreseeable issues. I'll be moving back to Japan in July, and I'm not sure when/where I should buy the game. If I buy it now and play in Japan, I'll be unable to buy Japanese time cards, right? If that's the case, then that may be bad, because the yen keeps dropping... I don't want to be paying more than I should be paying for playing monthly.

Should I wait until I'm in Japan, and then buy it? If I bought it over Steam then, would it be the Japanese version? I never play MMOs, so I'm not used to these regional barriers :/

Rizzi

No, your Dragoon always has the same level as your Lancer and vice versa. Once you get Marauder to 15 you will be a lv 30 Dragoon.

No, Dragoon is technically the same thing as Lancer. It shares the same level and most of its abilities, however, you gain 5 new abilities (unlocked over time) and a stat increase. Also you gain the ability to wear job specific gear.

When you complete the level 30 Lancer quest, a quest will open up to introduce you to the job trainer for Dragoon. Once completing the quest, you will receive the "Soul of the Dragoon", a soul stone that is equip on your character screen. When you equip that soul stone, your job will change from Lancer to Dragoon, your stats will increase, and you will gain any job abilities that have unlocked. Your level will stay the same.

Oooooh. I thought I was going to have to grind my way up again, heh.

Hey, I joined the Gaf guild ages ago on an old character, and have since started an alternate, but I can't seem to figure out a way to add my new character to my gafguild account. What should I do? Should I just make a new account (and use a new email?)

Ken

I've been thinking of buying this game a lot lately, but I have some foreseeable issues. I'll be moving back to Japan in July, and I'm not sure when/where I should buy the game. If I buy it now and play in Japan, I'll be unable to buy Japanese time cards, right? If that's the case, then that may be bad, because the yen keeps dropping... I don't want to be paying more than I should be paying for playing monthly.

Should I wait until I'm in Japan, and then buy it? If I bought it over Steam then, would it be the Japanese version? I never play MMOs, so I'm not used to these regional barriers :/

Are there no Japanese time cards? I'm confused.

Istaerion

Are there no Japanese time cards? I'm confused.

If he/she purchases an account not based in Japan, Japanese time cards would be worthless since they can't be redeemed on accounts not originating in the same location.

All in all, it would be best if he/she just waited until they could purchase an account in Japan unless they can already do so in advance via import sites. I'm not sure how the official Japanese store outlets would work, but perhaps that could be an option as well.

Purchasing the game off Steam will most likely not be Japanese in nature and instead be North American or European.

Ken

If he/she purchases an account not based in Japan, Japanese time cards would be worthless since they can't be redeemed on accounts not originating in the same location.

All in all, it would be best if he/she just waited until they could purchase an account in Japan unless they can already do so in advance via import sites. I'm not sure how the official Japanese store outlets would work, but perhaps that could be an option as well.

Purchasing the game off Steam will most likely not be Japanese in nature and instead be North American or European.

Can't he just import a JP copy and make a JP account with the JP registration code? Or will there be IP shenanigans when he tries to make a service account.

Istaerion

Can't he just import a JP copy and make a JP account with the JP registration code? Or will there be IP shenanigans when he tries to make a service account.

Yeah, that's why I suggested importing a copy if he/she would like to start right away instead of in July. I don't believe there's a IP ban when it comes to account registrations, but it is Square Enix... so who knows.

Aizo

Banned
He*

Yeah, that's too bad... I really would like to run it through Steam, too! That does look like the best option, huh? :/

Istaerion

He*

Yeah, that's too bad... I really would like to run it through Steam, too! That does look like the best option, huh? :/

You could import a Japanese PC copy and just run a shortcut to it via Steam so people can still see you on the service and your in-game status. It won't be official by any means or utilize many if any Steam functions, but if you're mostly concerned by the overlay, a Steam shortcut works.

Ken

He*

That's kind of up to you?

I think the only advantage of having it on Steam is being able to pay through Steam wallet I believe. Oh and tracked "playtime."

Istaerion

That's kind of up to you?

I think the only advantage of having it on Steam is being able to pay through Steam wallet I believe. Oh and tracked "playtime."

Pretty much, it offers nothing else that couldn't already be accomplished via the Steam shortcut method I mentioned.

Grisby

Hit 50 and got my White Mage robes. Feeling good...

If not a little confused as to what to do next. I suppose I should finish the story and I guess it should be relatively easy considering I'm 50 right?

I tried Battlefronts but I didn't know what the heck was going on, although I did manage to kill some dudes. The wait timers are crazy long for that though.

Where should I move onto if I want to start getting better healing gear? Is the Wanderer's Palace the way to go? Can the White Mage robes last you a good while?

I kind of want one of those Goobue-goober mounts so I've been doing slyph quests but I can only do three a day so far. Some of this stuff, like gear in Mor Dhona seems neat, but I seem to need a lot of red brick marks for that.

Man, it's pretty cool to finally be decked out in classic FF mage gear. Shame you get it so late because I already kind of want to try out Archer/Bard. Speaking of which I haven't even given much effort to my botany class nor my alchemist job.

Istaerion

Is anyone playing in Japan? Do you know the pricing?

I believe Gromph and one or two other users here utilize Japanese accounts or at least play on Japanese servers and/or are located in Japan?

You can probably find the pricing information on the official Japanese page or via the Japanese Square Enix Account Management page. You'll have to make a Japanese Square Enix account in any event, so that could be your best course of action.

You can see if you're able to purchase a Japanese copy off the official Square Enix store there. I don't know if they carry digital codes, but it's definitely better than an import site in any event should they allow international orders.

Aizo

Banned
I've met Gromph! I'll ask him.

The reason I wanted to use Steam so badly was because I have a bunch of money on my account.

Istaerion

I've met Gromph! I'll ask him.

The reason I wanted to use Steam so badly was because I have a bunch of money on my account.

If you have a bunch of Steam Wallet credit available, you can just purchase a Steam copy and have your monthly payments handled via that. It'll just be North American or European depending on your region, hence being unable to utilize Japanese Time Cards in the future.

All in all, do whatever works best for ya, but if you don't have much credit, I'd really recommend the Japanese account if Japan is a long-term situation for you.

chrono01

Everyone join chrono01 and me in the One Piece Treasure Cruise mobile game!
They really should!

If I was going to play a mobile game, it would be Final Fantasy: Record Keeper.

My console backlog is 10 miles long though so uhm I won't.
You should play both. Each of them are extremely non-IAP friendly.

In Treasure Cruise, Namco Bandai have been giving away Rainbow Gems since the launch of the game [haven't missed a day yet] and lots of other free items, plus the game is generous in handing them out for completing content.

In Record Keeper, you get A LOT of Mythril for completing dungeons [and more keep being added], and the characters themselves are unlocked via finishing content and not via the gatcha. Not only that, but lower-tier equipment can be just as good as standard/un-upgraded 5* stuff, thanks to the Synergy component. Sure, you won't get those fancy Limit Breaks, but still...

Thankfully, you can pick up, play, and then stop, so my backlog doesn't need to suffer! And my backlog is massive.

Aizo

Banned
If you have a bunch of Steam Wallet credit available, you can just purchase a Steam copy and have your monthly payments handled via that. It'll just be North American or European depending on your region, hence being unable to utilize Japanese Time Cards in the future.

All in all, do whatever works best for ya, but if you don't have much credit, I'd really recommend the Japanese account if Japan is a long-term situation for you.
Thanks for the help! I'll probably be getting the Japanese one. Might wait until July, too. In any case, I'll be posting here when I get it!

Aizo

Banned
I had read that! That might be helpful, but I'll also likely want to play with you all and some of my friends in the West.

suzu

Hey, I joined the Gaf guild ages ago on an old character, and have since started an alternate, but I can't seem to figure out a way to add my new character to my gafguild account. What should I do? Should I just make a new account (and use a new email?)

You mean for the guildwork site? Click on Dashboard and then the Characters tab.

Orcastar

Welp. Video cards make a big difference!

This is my original card with DX9 max settings.
zPhQLDC.png

I just got the GTX 680 that I won from ViciousDS' contest today and ran the test on DX11 max settings.

ipW0WJm.png

How are you getting numbers like that with a GTX 680? I have one paired with an overclocked i5 2500k and my score is only 6800 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom