• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
98b39b21ff008afaa5cba1e79fc611b2ddb64b3f44f57e792397c517768f4433.jpg

ViciousDS

Banned
Welp. Video cards make a big difference!

This is my original card with DX9 max settings.
zPhQLDC.png

I just got the GTX 680 that I won from ViciousDS' contest today and ran the test on DX11 max settings.

ipW0WJm.png

I see you figured out how to put it in your case lol

How are you getting numbers like that with a GTX 680? I have one paired with an overclocked i5 2500k and my score is only 6800 or something.

The GTX 680 he won from me was the direct CU II one over clocked......it's on a whole new level compared to most standard 680's.

Vador

Neo Member
Hey GAF, not posting often here but I was wondering if it would be possible to get some help with turn 9 tonight with the friday night help ! :) I have been praticing with the df all week but it is kinda hard to get it done that way lol! I dont want to be stuck in turn 9 forever :( Eleazar holt my name on the server.

Croyles

Hey GAF, not posting often here but I was wondering if it would be possible to get some help with turn 9 tonight with the friday night help ! :) I have been praticing with the df all week but it is kinda hard to get it done that way lol! I dont want to be stuck in turn 9 forever :( Eleazar holt my name on the server.

I have barely done the fight enough times to help (i rushed through it to do final coil) so I probably won't be much help, but as long as you know the phases (help not carry) hopefully somebody will step up.

I replied to this so it doesn't get drowned out by whatever these other scrubs are talking about.

Vador

Neo Member
I have barely done the fight enough times to help (i rushed through it to do final coil) so I probably won't be much help, but as long as you know the phases (help not carry) hopefully somebody will step up.

I replied to this so it doesn't get drowned out by whatever these other scrubs are talking about.

I watched the video a couple of time and know must of the fight. I don't really want to be carried but I need help to get it done. It hard each time with DF you need to start again with new people must of the time. I did get to 50% but I watched the video alot for the rest of the battle. Not a easy one lol!

Valor

I saw someone new to the FC who looks just like you but extremely tanned... hmm.
My Jerseyness is finally showing its true form. GTL.

Trying to force T7S onto us?

That's cold.
Help me help you. Help me. Help you.

Is this the part where you live long enough to see yourself become the villain?
Well, I think that there may already be a villain version of me wandering around out there from your previous post. Does he have a goatee? Then he's definitely the villain version of me.

Grisby

Well, I 'beat' the Praetorium. That is to say, my party defeated most of the final bosses while I sat in cutscenes, lol.

I like the idea of what SE was going for with this but the execution kinda stinks. Didn't even get to touch the final boss.

It's actually a pretty neat cutscene that follows, although I chuckled at
the human cannon part.

dramatis

scy,

Lain is truly amazing

I could help for T9, but I've nearly forgotten most of the fight. Muscle memory might help though.

WolvenOne

I feel like I have been paired off with you in roulettes. Name seems familiar.

Possible, I dutyfind dungeons a lot, and have ran into all sorts of interesting people that way. (Including an artist I know from off this game, whom was playing on a different server.)

On the issue of 2.57, well disrespecting Final Coil can be fun so extra echo would be fun for that. Hopefully they'll up the Pony drop rate again, I haven't gotten a single pony since they upped it last time.

Tiops

Please make everything for Zodiac faster. I'm already regretting starting it so close to the expansion and wasting all my game time with it :(

iammeiam

Not sure how I should feel about this information.

Based on how recent farms have gone, I can only assume adding more echo is going to resurrect the fifth Bennu and make all the enrages a thing again.

I may or may not be trying to look up damage numbers and autoattack distribution in the final phase to see if more echo would make solo tank T11 possible.

scy

Based on how recent farms have gone, I can only assume adding more echo is going to resurrect the fifth Bennu and make all the enrages a thing again.

I may or may not be trying to look up damage numbers and autoattack distribution in the final phase to see if more echo would make solo tank T11 possible.

The Legendary 6th Bennu.

I have no idea how adds would work and pretty sure Secondary Head would be awkward just with the stacks on the boss. Then again, {Titan-Egi}

iammeiam

The Legendary 6th Bennu.

I have no idea how adds would work and pretty sure Secondary Head would be awkward just with the stacks on the boss. Then again, {Titan-Egi}

...would echo actually make it possible to survive six Bennu? Kill a couple early and just deal with the buffs? I kind of want to try?

I think my current working theory for adds is bring 2 magic users, a bard, two whatever melee who cares they're all interchangeable anyway. Hold Foe Req + BV for adds and have both magic users, the bard, maybe one of the melee, and the SCH just blow the cube up ASAP. Let the egg eat the sphere, then murder the egg complete with LB if needed. Titan Egi would probably still need to handle the cube until it died, but not trying to time the kills to line up should make it a lot easier?

Secondary Head is ?? but doesn't seem to hit that hard? Lancer with provoke,Adlo, SS, bonus HP. My bigger worry is tank tethers sticking the WHM in cleave range or something. If you can cheese Resonance by splitting over multiple people it might be workable, but then autoattacks are all cleaves which is bad.

WolvenOne

Ponies? Mind your manners when you talk about these steeds of legend!

I think you'll all be happy to know that each steed will soon be getting their respective primal theme. Quite exciting!

Please look forward to it! (I have to start farming them.)

So saith a community rep on the official forum.

scy

Watch it just be a Steps of Faith nerf and fixing another DF-related bug.

...would echo actually make it possible to survive six Bennu? Kill a couple early and just deal with the buffs? I kind of want to try?

Hm. Maybe. Can do the pacing as if it was 3 Bennu but just double the time. Should end on the 14th stack?

I think my current working theory for adds is bring 2 magic users, a bard, two whatever melee who cares they're all interchangeable anyway. Hold Foe Req + BV for adds and have both magic users, the bard, maybe one of the melee, and the SCH just blow the cube up ASAP. Let the egg eat the sphere, then murder the egg complete with LB if needed. Titan Egi would probably still need to handle the cube until it died, but not trying to time the kills to line up should make it a lot easier?

Secondary Head is ?? but doesn't seem to hit that hard? Lancer with provoke,Adlo, SS, bonus HP. My bigger worry is tank tethers sticking the WHM in cleave range or something. If you can cheese Resonance by splitting over multiple people it might be workable, but then autoattacks are all cleaves which is bad.

Maybe. Titan-Egi distracts the cube for a bit but just blow it up super fast; killing the Sphere+Egg combo isn't that bad.

And Lancer with Provoke ... does that break the spirit of the challenge or not? But yeah, the actual hit isn't that bad and timing can be done to make them take the stun instead too so they don't even take any real damage. I think you can stand tethers out of range of cleave and not get stacks but it'll take a bit of work to even it out for the other side. Can just Holmgang / Hallowed through the second Secondary Head. 5 DPS should be able to kill it before the 3rd one I think? "Should."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom