• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valor

I guess I should just throw away every pony that isn't titan, then. Maybe garuda can stick around. And shiva for the second half of the song.

RPGCrazied

Whats the easiest profession to level to 19? I just want to attach materia. :/ My Carpenter is level 9, but its going to slow and getting costly.

iammeiam

And Lancer with Provoke ... does that break the spirit of the challenge or not? But yeah, the actual hit isn't that bad and timing can be done to make them take the stun instead too so they don't even take any real damage. I think you can stand tethers out of range of cleave and not get stacks but it'll take a bit of work to even it out for the other side. Can just Holmgang / Hallowed through the second Secondary Head. 5 DPS should be able to kill it before the 3rd one I think? "Should."

If T10 can use two Titan Egis in a solo tank, we can use an unemployed DRG with a cross class skill. Might actually score style points for keeping it from dying.

Tonight is 3.0, right? Wait, how long was I away for...

Do I care who this is.

WolvenOne

Are you doing Leves? Those give you tons of experience especially if you do HQ

Different classes are limited to melding to specific items. Also, I believe your level affects what level of gear you can meld to.

However, you can request melds from other players.

XaosWolf

Can't wait to get stuck into the end game stuff and actually understand these posts!

Currently level 27 and just got my chocobo. Sorry in advance for being another Lancer, (First person I spoke to in the Mines dungeon was someone who said "Wow a Lancer who actually uses Heavy Thrus") but am also keeping up a Conjurer and Arcanist as they're both fun too.

Applied for the GAF FC too as I've seen quite a few members around already. =D

RPGCrazied

Are you doing Leves? Those give you tons of experience especially if you do HQ

I guess not, I have no idea what those are. I can make materia, just not meld it. And I'd rather not bug someone to do it. Since I'm level 41, most of my gear has materia slots. lol

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I guess not, I have no idea what those are. I can make materia, just not meld it. And I'd rather not bug someone to do it. Since I'm level 41, most of my gear has materia slots. lol

Go to a levemete person. Depending on how long you've played, you might be maxed out. You can use them to take on quests that cost 1 leve a person. The quests for crafters will have you making items and handing them in. The EXP amount from these quests is fairly sizeable.

Aselith

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Tradecraft_Levequest

You just got ppowerleveled, bro, send me $20. HQ is double xp if you can manage it. Also after you join a Grand Company you can do a daily crafting item that gives you a sweet xp boost and a nice bunch of Seals.

Wilsongt

Ponies will play their primal themes.

Riding around 'LEVIATHAN. LEVIATHAN. LEVIATHAN."

What am I saying? I don't have any ponies.

Only lvl 32 at the moment, but for the most part I definitely prefer curing a WAR to a PLD >.>

I crit cured for 1.3-1.5k in haukke manor with Defiance and Convalesence. It's strange to be on this side of the fence having spent so much time tanking and DDing.

Ruruja

Beat my first extreme primal earlier, Garuda. It was fun, quite a few wipes as all the DPS were new too and did things like kill the spiny plume or not go into the spiny plume shell. Got it eventually though, thanks Echo. Also it dropped a whistle and the one who got carried the most won it.

Gonna attempt Titan EX tomorrow, which looks cruel.

RPGCrazied

Go to a levemete person. Depending on how long you've played, you might be maxed out. You can use them to take on quests that cost 1 leve a person. The quests for crafters will have you making items and handing them in. The EXP amount from these quests is fairly sizeable.

Whoa, thanks man. I gained like 4 levels just turning in feathered harpoons, but I was buying them. Needless to say I'm broke now. And yeah I have 100 I can do, like 92 now. I need to know how to make some fast gil now, lol.

Whoa, thanks man. I gained like 4 levels just turning in feathered harpoons, but I was buying them. Needless to say I'm broke now. And yeah I have 100 I can do, like 92 now. I need to know how to make some fast gil now, lol.

spirit bond gear is a good way to make money.

Aselith

You don't want to do this too much as it can bite you in the butt later but you can sell the shards on the key items page of your inventory for about 100-150 gil a piece on the market board and they usually sell fast. However, you use those to craft so don't sell too much and I'd do it only from shard you won't be using check the recipes you always use the same two types I believe carpentry is wind/ice.

BlackJace

Goddamn just fnished Titan normal by the skin of my teeth. Really fun and exhilarating though, my favorite trial so far.
The music was sick. I've never had to micromanage heals as much as that fight, brutal.

And that's just normal, christ....

Grisby

Goddamn just fnished Titan normal by the skin of my teeth. Really fun and exhilarating though, my favorite trial so far.
The music was sick. I've never had to micromanage heals as much as that fight, brutal.

And that's just normal, christ....
That was a rough one. I think I he was the roughest dude.
Crafting seems fun (i'm trying Culinarian), but I can see the hours of tedium coming.
I'm having so much fun logging.

So much fun.

Much fun.

Ah well, it does help with supplies for my growing alchemist I suppose.

Rflagg

I finally caved and my ps4 copy will hopefully be here tomorrow, I was really enjoying the free trail and started my Ultros character, which I basically parked right away and is accumulating rested xp. I will be sending my application to the guild when my copy arrives, really looking forward too this.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

It's worth trying to find someone friendly enough to HQ craft the turn ins. You get more EXP for turn in and those low level items are braindead easy to HQ for a lvl 50.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Primal soundtrack for ponies? Sure! Have it in a hotfix!

I see the dev team has their priorities straight instead of fixing things that actually matter.

Ruruja

It's worth trying to find someone friendly enough to HQ craft the turn ins. You get more EXP for turn in and those low level items are braindead easy to HQ for a lvl 50.

Yeah, follow this advice. You get 100% extra XP for a HQ turn-in. Might not matter much now if you have tons of leves (I know I wasted all mine on NQ when raising my LTW without knowing much) but when you get to like 10 or 15 leves you want to get the most out of those.

There's quite a few leveguides for crafting classes on reddit that show you what leve to choose and which item to hand in for each 5 levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom