• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.
they need to fix the MNK pants drop rate in T13

and by that I mean lower it. I've seen so many MNK pants the last 2 nights of farming 13 it's ridiculous.

they're not even good!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
WoD and ST runs seem to be degrading with each week. Just wiped 3 times on Scylla last night. Just terrible :/

It's pretty bad. I'm betting Alexander normal mode will be just as bad with randoms - which is why my group has decided against doing that.

Pancho

Qurupancho
It's pretty bad. I'm betting Alexander normal mode will be just as bad with randoms - which is why my group has decided against doing that.
I might end up doing the same. Luckily, with Alexander, I'm gonna be able to access it as soon as it available so I might be able to establish a good group to tackle it.

BadRNG

None of you tried to clear it solo in DF queue 3 weeks after the patch was released so I'll forgive you for not understanding why
I've gotten it in trials DR a lot, does that count.

I'm not sure if it needs a real nerf, just a way to reset things if it's obviously going to be a wipe. That is probably the worst part of it.

Wagram

Really hoping that Alexander Normal isn't required to enter Savage. I would rather bypass it entirely and start with that. Part of the fun for me in FF end game is story through challenging content.

Nibiru

Banned
Question about the flying mounts in the expansion. I know the CE gives you a mount but if you don't get that will we have to buy one and if so how much will they be?

I've gotten it in trials DR a lot, does that count.

I'm not sure if it needs a real nerf, just a way to reset things if it's obviously going to be a wipe. That is probably the worst part of it.

Most people just get it in trials DR and abandon it immediately so no that doesn't count.

I would say during my futile attempts to clear it in DF, at least half of the time everyone would load in, and then 3 people would immediately drop. This was an amazing waste of time.

BadRNG

Really hoping that Alexander Normal isn't required to enter Savage. I would rather bypass it entirely and start with that. Part of the fun for me in FF end game is story through challenging content.
It likely will be required. It's also supposed to be tuned with having gear from normal in mind if I recall correctly, so going straight from Amdapor Flying Pits 4mans to savage may be a bit more than just difficult.

Question about the flying mounts in the expansion. I know the CE gives you a mount but if you don't get that will we have to buy one and if so how much will they be?
There is at least one you get as part of the story, likely the dragon they have showcased the most. Some of the mounts already available will be getting flight powers too, so you may already have one. I think the flying chocos were different colors in the benchmark so that'd mean the regular GC choco will be able to fly if that's the case.

Most people just get it in trials DR and abandon it immediately so no that doesn't count.

I would say during my futile attempts to clear it in DF, at least half of the time everyone would load in, and then 3 people would immediately drop. This was an amazing waste of time.
I guess you got bad luck? I haven't had any DF abandons since around it actually came out. We usually wipe once and then clear second time in vast majority of runs I've been in, including the one I just did today.

It's a really easy fight, it's just a time sink. I really would have no problem with it if you could reset. That first wipe I mentioned usually comes because people are new and mess up the Dragon Killer, but they tend to be fine the second go.

Murray97

Hey is there anything I should be doing before the expansion except finishing the main story?

Getting kinda bored now as I don't feel like levelling another class and my FC is dead and never does anything so might just take a break till the expansion drops.

Redx508

Hey is there anything I should be doing before the expansion except finishing the main story?

Getting kinda bored now as I don't feel like levelling another class and my FC is dead and never does anything so might just take a break till the expansion drops.

main story is all you need for expansion if your done with that its the best time to take a break

suzu

is there like a guide for doing instances with a team? like the job of each role/character?

Tanks = warrior, paladin
Healers = white mage, scholar
DPS (Damage) = black mage, summoner, dragoon, monk, bard, ninja

There are links to guides and other stuff in the OP.

RPGCrazied

What are the pros and cons of having more than one character? Seems like a waste since one character can basically do everything. I might switch to the one character per server. I'm at the $14.99 plan now.

Ken

Well, I'm not even max level. Are you talking about raiding?

8 man raid has completion lockout and 24 mans have loot lockout. And then there's gear currency on weekly caps.

I think that if you play casually and don't care about having multiple jobs geared quickly one character is more than enough. The biggest draw of alts, to me at least, is being there at the start when new currency is introduced so you can gear up two characters on pace with everyone else.

What are the pros and cons of having more than one character? Seems like a waste since one character can basically do everything. I might switch to the one character per server. I'm at the $14.99 plan now.

Outside what has been mentioned about lockouts, there's a few other reasons I can think of to want more than one:

- Friends on other servers
- Want to replay the MSQ
- Want to start a character in one of the main cities you didn't start in with main
- Roleplaying

But at the end, there's nothing wrong with just having one character :).

Frumix

Suffering From Success
OKwwNoR.jpg

Oh hey, how about that shit. I'm having a what year is it moment here.

Now how am I ever gonna get a group to farm T9 again...

Tirod

Feel like I'm ready to come back to the game after a 2 month break. A little over a month to the expansion is enough to tempt me with completing my all 50s goal/beast tribes completion.

I stopped the main scenario story just before the
Chrysalis
trial or whatever it's called. I remember notoriety about it with randoms, is that still the case?

Shamdeo

I stopped the main scenario story just before the
Chrysalis
trial or whatever it's called. I remember notoriety about it with randoms, is that still the case?

Both
The Chrysalis (2.5)
and
The Steps of Faith (2.55)
have given random groups trouble, but on the flipside have been pretty good, interesting trials for the main scenario without throwaway mechanics.

They'll get nerfed at a later point. Hopefully they'll keep the mechanics of the fight relatively intact, but perhaps a bit more lenient iLvl-wise (for those who will be plowing through the mandatory ARR story to get to HW).

Tirod

Both
The Chrysalis (2.5)
and
The Steps of Faith (2.55)
have given random groups trouble, but on the flipside have been pretty good, interesting trials for the main scenario without throwaway mechanics.

They'll get nerfed at a later point. Hopefully they'll keep the mechanics of the fight relatively intact, but perhaps a bit more lenient iLvl-wise (for those who will be plowing through the mandatory ARR story to get to HW).

Well I'll be attempting to give the former trial a fair shake tonight, hopefully things go well.

As a point of curiosity, as anyone in the GAF FC won the lottery with 3 or full numbers? I stopped just before the 2nd week's drawing.

Concept17

Soooo I recently started playing this about a month or two ago. Was enjoying it for the most part. I've only reached level 30 as a thaumaturge, and I'm getting kinda bored. I ocassionaly play with a friend of mine who is a higher level on his main, and my plan was to catch up and do some end game stuff, but I'm struggling to want to play at this point.

Maybe it's because I played a bunch of GW2 before this, but I keep hoping the game will become a little more complex or a little less mind-numbing in terms of combat and exploration.

Any recommendations? Is there a class that is particularly complex in it's playstyle? I've just been running from zone to zone doing the class and story quests, main quest hubs for my level, and levequests, with a dungeon here or there.

Teknoman

Soooo I recently started playing this about a month or two ago. Was enjoying it for the most part. I've only reached level 30 as a thaumaturge, and I'm getting kinda bored. I ocassionaly play with a friend of mine who is a higher level on his main, and my plan was to catch up and do some end game stuff, but I'm struggling to want to play at this point.

Maybe it's because I played a bunch of GW2 before this, but I keep hoping the game will become a little more complex or a little less mind-numbing in terms of combat and exploration.

Any recommendations? Is there a class that is particularly complex in it's playstyle? I've just been running from zone to zone doing the class and story quests, main quest hubs for my level, and levequests, with a dungeon here or there.

You havent unlocked a job yet? Also wait till you start fighting primals and other higher level bosses. So far this game's complexity lies in its higher level boss battles.

Mcdohl

Has anyone been able to successfully unlink PSN account from SE account?

I mostly play on PC but I would like to couch PS4 every now and then, or use Remote Play Vita...or unlock trophies but unfortunately my SE account is linked to an old PSN account I don't use anymore.

Can only find bad news about it online, all leading to it being impossible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom