• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Has anyone been able to successfully unlink PSN account from SE account?

I mostly play on PC but I would like to couch PS4 every now and then, or use Remote Play Vita...or unlock trophies but unfortunately my SE account is linked to an old PSN account I don't use anymore.

Can only find bad news about it online, all leading to it being impossible...

I wonder what happens if you give a different Square Enix log in than what you're signed into as on PSN.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Can someone send me a Recruitment Code? Was gonna mess around with this game a bit and it looks like FREE STUFF is AVAILABLE NOW.

Edit: username is piratethingy

I wonder what happens if you give a different Square Enix log in than what you're signed into as on PSN.
Isn't the username field locked on PS3/4?

Can someone send me a Recruitment Code? Was gonna mess around with this game a bit and it looks like FREE STUFF is AVAILABLE NOW.

Edit: username is piratethingy
The recruitment requires an email. I can send you a code if you PM me your email.

IvorB

Soooo I recently started playing this about a month or two ago. Was enjoying it for the most part. I've only reached level 30 as a thaumaturge, and I'm getting kinda bored. I ocassionaly play with a friend of mine who is a higher level on his main, and my plan was to catch up and do some end game stuff, but I'm struggling to want to play at this point.

Maybe it's because I played a bunch of GW2 before this, but I keep hoping the game will become a little more complex or a little less mind-numbing in terms of combat and exploration.

Any recommendations? Is there a class that is particularly complex in it's playstyle? I've just been running from zone to zone doing the class and story quests, main quest hubs for my level, and levequests, with a dungeon here or there.

Low level THM can be a little bit boring. Why not try another class before giving up? You need to level archer now anyway to unlock the job. Maybe see what other jobs/classes interest you and give them a try.

Concept17

Low level THM can be a little bit boring. Why not try another class before giving up? You need to level archer now anyway to unlock the job. Maybe see what other jobs/classes interest you and give them a try.

Decided to try out a Lancer last night. Nice change of pace. I really hate starting from lvl 1 again though.

You havent unlocked a job yet? Also wait till you start fighting primals and other higher level bosses. So far this game's complexity lies in its higher level boss battles.

Not yet. Was thinking about rolling the Archer to get BLM but the archer in this game looks soooo boring to play.

dcye

Not yet. Was thinking about rolling the Archer to get BLM but the archer in this game looks soooo boring to play.

If you don't roll archer to get your BLM job crystal you will be laughed/abused out of most content from now on and are gimping yourself for no reason.

Concept17

If you don't roll archer to get your BLM job crystal you will be laughed/abused out of most content from now on and are gimping yourself for no reason.

Yeah I'm less concerned with being a BLM and more concerned with just trying to find the fun in the game.

scy

Yeah I'm less concerned with being a BLM and more concerned with just trying to find the fun in the game.

Quite frankly, every job is fairly boring until they get closer to 50. You just happened to pick the most boring of the low level ones.

For further perspective I guess, BLM changes fundamentally around 38 (Fire 3 / Blizzard 3), 44 (Firestarter), and then 50 (Flare). Until then, it's basically just the Fire - Transpose - Blizzard - Transpose - Fire cycle.

Concept17

Quite frankly, every job is fairly boring until they get closer to 50. You just happened to pick the most boring of the low level ones.

For further perspective I guess, BLM changes fundamentally around 38 (Fire 3 / Blizzard 3), 44 (Firestarter), and then 50 (Flare). Until then, it's basically just the Fire - Transpose - Blizzard - Transpose - Fire cycle.

Yeah, that cycle of attacks gets so damn boring.

Archer is the best class though.

But how tho?

Grisby

So I think I've got enough points to start buying some weathered gear from Mor'Dhona.

Should I still be trying to do Wandering Palace or Amdapor Keep? Are there better drops in those places?

Zhao_Yun

So I think I've got enough points to start buying some weathered gear from Mor'Dhona.

Should I still be trying to do Wandering Palace or Amdapor Keep? Are there better drops in those places?

WP and AK Normal only drop i55 gear. The Hard Mode Versions drop i100 gear.
It's probably better to do the Crystal Tower questline though if you haven't already. Second part of the Tower (Syrcus Tower) drops i100 gear and the 3rd part (World of Darkness) drops i120 gear. Probably the fastest way to gear up.

Grisby

WP and AK Normal only drop i55 gear. The Hard Mode Versions drop i100 gear.
It's probably better to do the Crystal Tower questline though if you haven't already. Second part of the Tower (Syrcus Tower) drops i100 gear and the 3rd part (World of Darkness) drops i120 gear. Probably the fastest way to gear up.
Thanks a bunch.

iammeiam

But how tho?

Have you seen our hats?

Also I think you underestimate just how many buttons an Archer/Bard gets to press at endgame. We get all the good cooldowns and when those are down it's time to just smash Bloodletter forever.

In any case, 1-30 on everything sucks (30-50 still kind of sucks, just slightly less) and you don't really get a good feel for a class until 50... and if you really want to find the fun you need to unlock your job. Both to prevent getting kicked from parties when you eventually get to the actual entertaining content and to get access to your full skill set.

Concept17

Have you seen our hats?

Also I think you underestimate just how many buttons an Archer/Bard gets to press at endgame. We get all the good cooldowns and when those are down it's time to just smash Bloodletter forever.

In any case, 1-30 on everything sucks (30-50 still kind of sucks, just slightly less) and you don't really get a good feel for a class until 50... and if you really want to find the fun you need to unlock your job. Both to prevent getting kicked from parties when you eventually get to the actual entertaining content and to get access to your full skill set.

I have not seen your hats. Are they nice hats?

Could be the deciding factor on trying an archer.

RPGCrazied

I think he appears every 2-3 days.
There is a Odin Trial fight as well (i95 requirement)

Oh, I mean the one that appears in the open world. Oh and I just got a new rank in my company and bought some chocobo barding. God, I wish these had stats. 6k seals down the drain, it looks a little cooler though.

Archer is the best class though.

jeremiah_johnson_nodding.gif

Mcdohl

Yeah...just confirming what I knew I guess :(

I wonder why though. I remember I was able to do it with XI on 360 with a single phone call to SE. This time they told me that it's entirely up to Sony.

Can't wrap my head around why it's not possible this time.

chrono01

I just remembered, I sill don't have my Early Access Code registered yet via MogStation. O_O

Any idea on when Square-Enix will allow it? They said they would let me know via email when the site started accepting them, but I can't recall if they gave a predicted time-frame or not.

Please tell me that the Puff of Darkness clinging to my shoulder isn't a bug, and it's just a thing she does from time to time.

Because it's adorable.

IvorB

Decided to try out a Lancer last night. Nice change of pace. I really hate starting from lvl 1 again though.

Yeah lancer is fun too actually. Archer/bard is pretty rad though, to be fair. Move-and-shoot is good and you can pop buffs like candy. Then you have also the whole support role which adds another dimension. There's more than enough to keep you busy. My main job is black mage and I just started playing bard recently. I was honestly scandalised by how many buffs the bard gets. Also if you are looking to spice things up each class/job has cross-class skills that you can get that are great to mix in with the stock stuff.

Seriously though, why can't black mage have internal release, blood-for-blood or any of that other stuff. All we get is that wack raging strikes that comes up, like, once per fight. :-(

Noi

Please tell me that the Puff of Darkness clinging to my shoulder isn't a bug, and it's just a thing she does from time to time.

Because it's adorable.

If its like the Wind-up Succubus, /beckon will trigger it. Blue Bird and Middy will do it too but on their own account rather than being goaded into it.

Ruruja

Man, I so want to fight Odin. Thats a level 50 Fate right? Does he appear often?

Ha, I was the same when I saw a couple of videos on YT for it. So cool. Then he appeared a few days later and I was invited to a party and I was like AWW YISS... then I couldn't see him for half the fight because there were so many people there. Got a gold medal though.

RPGCrazied

Ha, I was the same when I saw a couple of videos on YT for it. So cool. Then he appeared a few days later and I was invited to a party and I was like AWW YISS... then I couldn't see him for half the fight because there were so many people there. Got a gold medal though.

Best to be on the PS4 version if I ever get to experience that fight. My PC would melt for sure. I have a hard time with average fate sizes.

Murray97

Hey, hows the GAF FC on Ultros? Active?

Considering a server transfer because I can't find any decent FCs on my current realm(world? server?).

I love this game and the world but it gets boring only doing things with randoms in duty finder.

RPGCrazied

Hey, hows the GAF FC on Ultros? Active?

Considering a server transfer because I can't find any decent FCs on my current realm(world? server?).

I love this game and the world but it gets boring only doing things with randoms in duty finder.

Seems pretty active. I was just accepted like an hour ago, and bunch of people talking and setting up runs. Friendly place too.

TRI Mike

Got another batch of questions, mostly related to 1.0.

-What really happened to 1.0¿ why do people say it was bad¿ ARR is an excellent game and I'm having a blast with it but I wanna know what changed and if it's somehow possible to still play 1.0.

-I got the retainers but really don't understand how to use them yet, will they help with my crafting class¿ Same with the Grand Companies, I started in Ul'dah so I'm most likely joining the Immortal Flames but I wanna listen to recommendations before doing so.

-I'm jealous of most people walking around in nice Chocobos, Behemoths, Magitek Armors and Fat Chocobos, when am I getting my mount¿

RPGCrazied

-I'm jealous of most people walking around in nice Chocobos, Behemoths, Magitek Armors and Fat Chocobos, when am I getting my mount¿

Got to be level 20 to get a chocobo and after you do the story quests leading up to it, and have a grand company as well along with 2000 seals if I remember correcntly. The Magitek thing is from the end of the story quests at level 50? Don't quote me on that one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom