• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiops

Trust me on this, this is a dark road.
How? I'm scared.

One day we common folk will understand the pain of being better than everyone else.

It sounds awful.
I'd say I'm an decent player, but definitely not better than everyone else. I read my post again and I did sound like an asshole, but that was not my intention, really.

What I meant is that it feels good to do better than another Bard, but it definitely does not feel good to do more damage than a DRG with a Zeta. I never talk about the party members DPS during duties or complain about it.

Maybe? I'd just think the majority of the content will be the 50+ stuff since MSQ gated to get there and all. Any 30+ things will just be a few "new to this city" sidequests and things associated with the new jobs themselves; some content but probably not enough for multiple jobs to utilize for 30-60.

Ah yes, I forgot the main quest requires level 50 and you have to beat that to access Heavensward. You guys are most likely right.

But still, didn't they say they want the new content to stand on its own? And wouldn't it feel kinda crappy to get this shiny new job in a new world and immediately have to go back to the old world just to level it? They have to realize most if not all of everyone is going to be playing Heavensward with the new classes, so I'm hoping they have new level 30+ zones to make leveling the new classes fun.

barrin87

It's too bad that there isn't any way to seey damage output compared to others on the PS4. Not that I'll ever be the best or care to be but it's nice knowing that I'm not crap.

I was in a fate yesterday and a BLM near me was casting nothing but blizzard. It was painful to watch since that's my main.

It's too bad that there isn't any way to seey damage output compared to others on the PS4. Not that I'll ever be the best or care to be but it's nice knowing that I'm not crap.

I was in a fate yesterday and a BLM near me was casting nothing but blizzard. It was painful to watch since that's my main.

Haha yeah. I main SMN and whenever I see another SMN Garuda auto-pushing enemies away from the tank, I sigh deeply.

scy

How? I'm scared.

Haha, don't worry, it's a bit of an inside joke :x

I'd say I'm an decent player, but definitely not better than everyone else. I read my post again and I did sound like an asshole, but that was not my intention, really.

What I meant is that it feels good to do better than another Bard, but it definitely does not feel good to do more damage than a DRG with a Zeta. I never talk about the party members DPS during duties or complain about it.

Yeah, I know what you mean. There's some pride in doing better than someone else but then the "Is it because I'm doing good or them doing bad?" comes around. Just keep the focus on doing your best and not necessarily to beat everyone else and it'll work out~

Ah yes, I forgot the main quest requires level 50 and you have to beat that to access Heavensward. You guys are most likely right.

But still, didn't they say they want the new content to stand on its own? And wouldn't it feel kinda crappy to get this shiny new job in a new world and immediately have to go back to the old world just to level it? They have to realize most if not all of everyone is going to be playing Heavensward with the new classes, so I'm hoping they have new level 30+ zones to make leveling the new classes fun.

I think there might be some 30+ stuff, maybe enough to help one of the new jobs, but I doubt we'll get like a full set of 30-50+ content. That's more what I was focusing on with my response: Any lower level content we get will be supplemental sort of things and not a lot of new content in that range.

Or, maybe I'm wrong and the new cities are basically all 30-50 content to reuse old dungeons and the 50+ is all MSQ gated things? Ishgard needs cheese, I hear...

Tiops

That's why I parse the DPS, to see how I'm doing and improve. Most of the time I just watch my enmity bar, but that's definitely not a reliable method. But it can be used to see if you suck.

aceface

Haha yeah. I main SMN and whenever I see another SMN Garuda auto-pushing enemies away from the tank, I sigh deeply.

The above scenario is very funny though when you are playing in the same room with your tank who is loudly complaining every time an enemy gets knocked back. Usually I go with "sorry, Garuda does what she wants! If only there were some way to control her." Then I get punched.

The above scenario is very funny though when you are playing in the same room with your tank who is loudly complaining every time an enemy gets knocked back. Usually I go with "sorry, Garuda does what she wants! If only there were some way to control her." Then I get punched.

So Garuda's kinda like a cat.

WolvenOne

g72Zq67.jpg

Tired of being sad by being at the top of DPS parses (I'm a BRD), I started to work on my SMN. That way I can can think "Oh, I did well on this duty" instead of "Oh, everyone was crap on this duty".

This conversation in a nutshell.

Finally got around to preordering Heavensward CE digitally. Register the code and everything. Just need to get the ps4 version but that can wait.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
One day we common folk will understand the pain of being better than everyone else.

It sounds awful.

I wish I was so good my static would let me play anything I want.
Instead I'm stuck pressing cures till I fall asleep.
What a life.

Kenai

I'd hope for something in the 30+ range, just because the new jobs all start at 30 and it'd be nice to have something new to level them in instead of kicking off the expansion by running back to the dungeons we've all done a billion times.

But this game being what it is it'll probably just be the return of the revenge of DD first room spam.

They'll probably not be much for lowbies in the expansion areas since there's already lots of zones with those options and ~30 content will be all but useless to a level 50 character.

Honestly I am quite happy with them starting at 30. that's just shy of the right level for spamming Coerthas fates (the lag there is going to suck pretty bad at launch tho I bet). Even if there were something in Heavensward for 30s I doubt it'd be more efficient.

BadRNG

Honestly I am quite happy with them starting at 30. that's just shy of the right level for spamming Coerthas fates (the lag there is going to suck pretty bad at launch tho I bet). Even if there were something in Heavensward for 30s I doubt it'd be more efficient.
It's better than starting from 1 I guess but I can't say I am looking forward to fate/dungeon spamming the new jobs. Maybe we'll get really lucky and they'll boost the armory bonus some more, like up to 75% or something.

Lag everywhere will probably suck though, I'm expecting the return of everyone's favorite error codes. Might even have to bust out my trusty login-spam AutoHotKey.

Kenai

It's better than starting from 1 I guess but I can't say I am looking forward to fate/dungeon spamming the new jobs. Maybe we'll get really lucky and they'll boost the armory bonus some more, like up to 75% or something.

Lag everywhere will probably suck though, I'm expecting the return of everyone's favorite error codes. Might even have to bust out my trusty login-spam AutoHotKey.

It's normal for new jobs to have to start from a lower level (I was expecting ~15 to help lowbies wit the lower DF dungeons). We will have ample time to learn the basics of the new jobs that way too. I don't compare this game to WoW much, but my Monk had to start from level 1 and had to earn/purchase gear on alt toons that gave similar effects to a 50% exp boost, so this is more than fair to me (that and the amount of trash DKs compared to every other class in WotLK was a pain to deal, they started much closer to level cap than DRK/MCN/AST do)

Speaking of launch, I really have no idea what i want to do first. Unlock/level the new jobs? See the story? Join the pain train to 60? Scope around for gathering/crafting? Unlocking features not related to main story?

I am leaning towards job unlocking (not necessarily leveling) followed by story/non story feature unlocking on my main. By that time, there should be some basic info available on gathering/crafting and i can "plan my day" better around the inevitable daily itemstomes/ect I will want to work on. Even if I don' grind to 50 I doubt it will take me that long if I can keep playing (plz let me log in SE)

BadRNG

It's normal for new jobs to have to start from a lower level (I was expecting ~15 to help lowbies wit the lower DF dungeons). We will have ample time to learn the basics of the new jobs that way too. I don't compare this game to WoW much, but my Monk had to start from level 1 and had to earn/purchase gear on alt toons that gave similar effects to a 50% exp boost, so this is more than fair to me (that and the amount of trash DKs compared to every other class in WotLK was a pain to deal, they started much closer to level cap than SRK/MCN/AST do)

Speaking of launch, I really have no idea what i want to do first. Unlock/level the new jobs? See the story? Join the pain train to 60? Scope around for gathering/crafting? Unlocking features not related to main story?

I am leaning towards job unlocking (not necessarily leveling) followed by story/non story feature unlocking on my main. By that time, there should be some basic info available on gathering crafting and i can "plan my day" better around the inevitable daily itemstomes/ect I will want to work on.
WoW is not a great comparison since each class was a new character, you had all the quests available to do still. You never had to grind hard really to get to cap again. They also did tend to add in new low level/midrange stuff with patches/expansions, on top of increasing XP gain. I'm not suggesting you start at cap either, that'd be a really bad idea, I'm just not looking forward to the fate/dungeon/leve grind again after doing it for every other class. More of a grumble than a serious issue or anything...

I am leveling DRK asap and then doing story/road to 60 stuff, hopefully in time to begin getting tomes before a reset. Might get a crafter up quickly so I can begin the tome/chip/whatever grind for them too. My main goal though is just to have DRK leveled, and geared, in time for Alexander 2weeks after release.

IvorB

As long as the person hasn't paid for any kind of subscription yet it should still be possible. So anyone who is still in their free month or quit after the free month and is looking to come back is eligible.

Oh... guess it's too late then. Oh well. Thanks for the intel. :)

Kenai

WoW is not a great comparison since each class was a new character, you had all the quests available to do still. You never had to grind hard really to get to cap again. They also did tend to add in new low level/midrange stuff with patches/expansions, on top of increasing XP gain. I'm not suggesting you start at cap either, that'd be a really bad idea, I'm just not looking forward to the fate/dungeon/leve grind again after doing it for every other class. More of a grumble than a serious issue or anything....

Yea I understand not wanting to do that very much again after leveling (most) jobs to 50 and the terrible amoire storage system reagrding lower level gear, but I do think SE put enough failsafes in place to help. Between the Hunting Logs, Coerthas-style FATEs, LLDR, Leves, +50% lower level job exp, and food/FC exp boosters, it's a fairly painless experience if you really wanna get it out of the way and grind (and with the possible exception of an ideal FATE location, all of that should carry over into the 5--60 leveling as well, which is pretty nice). It's not practical to do all that at any one time obviously but there's at least a few options available to most people, that's all I really wanted to see.

MogCakes

Is desynthing the only way to get the HQ items for the zodiac step, or can I buy them off MB? I'd check but I'm about to hit the sack and I'm lazy.

BadRNG

Is desynthing the only way to get the HQ items for the zodiac step, or can I buy them off MB? I'd check but I'm about to hit the sack and I'm lazy.
You buy an item off a vendor that (potentially) desynths into an item you craft into the HQ item. If you don't want to do all of that then you can just buy it, either the completed item or the desynth'd item and craft it yourself (or have someone else craft it in FC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom