• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzu

If you guys have game-related questions, please check out the faq and links in the OP. You might find some of the answers there (if not, feel free to ignore this). 👍

Grisby

So I decided to buy a few rowena tokens to get a staff that was at that lady right next to the other one.

Unfortunately, she only takes regular rowena tokens, while the ones I bought were Soldiery. Sigh. My fault for not noticing, but what can I do with these rowena soldiery tokens, and where can I get the regular ones?

Aselith

So I decided to buy a few rowena tokens to get a staff that was at that lady right next to the other one.

Unfortunately, she only takes regular rowena tokens, while the ones I bought were Soldiery. Sigh. My fault for not noticing, but what can I do with these rowena soldiery tokens, and where can I get the regular ones?

You have to do EX Primals to get them

http://xivdb.com/?item/7004/Rowena's-Token

The soldiery ones will give you better weapons anyways but you'll need 10 and an Unidentified Allagan Tomestone

http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Weathered_Weapons

Qvoth

Yeah I'm less concerned with being a BLM and more concerned with just trying to find the fun in the game.

the real game starts at 50 imo, you shouldn't judge the game until you reach that at least
i've leveling bard lately to prepare myself for machinist, having some trouble with strafing since i'm too used to playing blm
are you supposed to camera lock into the target? because when you camera lock if you press a or d you automatically circle around the target so you don't lose line of sight and you can still auto attack

Frumix

Suffering From Success
the real game starts at 50 imo, you shouldn't judge the game until you reach that at least
i've leveling bard lately to prepare myself for machinist, having some trouble with strafing since i'm too used to playing blm
are you supposed to camera lock into the target? because when you camera lock if you press a or d you automatically circle around the target so you don't lose line of sight and you can still auto attack

Legacy camera? Q and E to strafe unless you changed those.

Just got my mount and reached level 27, I'm so near that White Mage job!

2015_05_10_00017.jpg

I'm really enjoying this game, far better than any MMO I have tried in a long time.

Not sure if its an influx of people coming back to the game or what, but im done doing the trial roulette for a while. It keeps putting me in some of the shittiest Steps of Faith runs I've ever done. It's worse than when it first launched.

B-Dex

Not sure if its an influx of people coming back to the game or what, but im done doing the trial roulette for a while. It keeps putting me in some of the shittiest Steps of Faith runs I've ever done. It's worse than when it first launched.

Trial roulette always sucks. Even if you wipe a few times echo makes it so easy but as soon as it gets there they vote abandon.

Teknoman

I wanna know what changed and if it's somehow possible to still play 1.0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39j5v8jlndM

https://youtu.be/h542YbZuwkQ?t=5m34s

Short answer? Alot of gameplay mechanics, graphic engine, environmental traversal, and no not at the moment.

ugh do i seriously have to go through all these guildhests in order to advance the main story?

:mad:

To be fair, people wanted "tutorials" of sorts to help people learn the game. Guildhests actually help nicely.

Apoptomon

A month early, but after several attempts at SoF I've now cleared 2.5... (about which all I can say is "damn...
Answers is still GOAT
". Now that the MSQ's out of the way I'm not sure whether to take a (sort-of) break until HW drops or to continue slowly chipping away at levelling/gearing up alt classes / completing logs etc...
One thing I'll say for XIV is that its managed to constantly have me engaged... I probably won't be going anywhere.

-I got the retainers but really don't understand how to use them yet, will they help with my crafting class¿ Same with the Grand Companies, I started in Ul'dah so I'm most likely joining the Immortal Flames but I wanna listen to recommendations before doing so.

You have to go to a summoning bell (they are in inns, near market areas or there is one near the FC house in the Mist at Limsa) and call on your retainer. You can then store items on them, send them out on ventures (after doing a quest to unlock them) and sell things on the marketboard.

For crafting, you need to see what sells well.

As for grand companies, you can change it at will so it's not a big deal.

Tiops

My Novus is showing intense activity (1600+). This shitty step is taking all my game time, need to finish it soon.

What are the chances for increased drop rate on dungeon atmas in 2.57?

I'm counting the days until expansion. I'm really ready to fly around and see the new zones, hear the new music, go on adventures with fellow GAF members.

Pancho

Qurupancho
I'm counting the days until expansion. I'm really ready to fly around and see the new zones, hear the new music, go on adventures with fellow GAF members.

It's funny how the expansion is currently
My most awaited game in 2015. Who knew? And I bought this game out of a whim in september 2014 to "try out my hand at an MMO". Now, I can't put it down.

IvorB

Man, today I lost out on a legendary Onion Knight Triple Triad card from WoD because my inventory was full. :-(

Does anyone know if I can still get referral rewards after the referee has already signed up but is still very new?

It's funny how the expansion is currently
My most awaited game in 2015. Who knew? And I bought this game out of a whim in september 2014 to "try out my hand at an MMO". Now, I can't put it down.

Yeah, it's crazy. I used to make fun of my brother for playing Star Wars Galaxies for like 3 years straight but now I'm going down that road in this game.

Paprikka

Man, today I lost out on a legendary Onion Knight Triple Triad card from WoD because my inventory was full. :-(

Does anyone know if I can still get referral rewards after the referee has already signed up but is still very new?

As long as the person hasn't paid for any kind of subscription yet it should still be possible. So anyone who is still in their free month or quit after the free month and is looking to come back is eligible.

So I'm almost done leveling all my sub classes to 30 but getting pretty burnt out on the fate and dungeon grind. Any ideas on what level of content Heavensward will start with? If it's 30+ I'll just do the rest of my leveling there.

scy

So I'm almost done leveling all my sub classes to 30 but getting pretty burnt out on the fate and dungeon grind. Any ideas on what level of content Heavensward will start with? If it's 30+ I'll just do the rest of my leveling there.

Considering the requirements to enter (completion of the entire 2.0 - 2.55 MSQ), the content will most likely start around Level 50 and i90+.

iammeiam

I'd hope for something in the 30+ range, just because the new jobs all start at 30 and it'd be nice to have something new to level them in instead of kicking off the expansion by running back to the dungeons we've all done a billion times.

But this game being what it is it'll probably just be the return of the revenge of DD first room spam.

scy

I'd hope for something in the 30+ range, just because the new jobs all start at 30 and it'd be nice to have something new to level them in instead of kicking off the expansion by running back to the dungeons we've all done a billion times.

But this game being what it is it'll probably just be the return of the revenge of DD first room spam.

Maybe? I'd just think the majority of the content will be the 50+ stuff since MSQ gated to get there and all. Any 30+ things will just be a few "new to this city" sidequests and things associated with the new jobs themselves; some content but probably not enough for multiple jobs to utilize for 30-60.

And don't worry, we'll have Dzemael Darkhold Depth runs to do instead for grinding. \o/

I don't know, I've never used green man before and thus can't log in. Do you get emailed the codes right away?

I got an e-mail with my Heavesnward code alongside the download instructions when I ordered back in March. Which until this post, I never actually went to go and check so thanks for that.

Tiops

Tired of being sad by being at the top of DPS parses (I'm a BRD), I started to work on my SMN. That way I can can think "Oh, I did well on this duty" instead of "Oh, everyone was crap on this duty".

I must say, it's quite a fun class to play. It's different from everything else, and it's great when you start to understand it more and get better skills. I unlocked Fester yesterday and the damage is awesome. Not a great class for people who wants to see big explosions, but I really like to Bane stuff and see everything dying while I run away. It's a shame that the class is neglected by the devs, but I hope it gets better on Heavensward. Maybe I'll change to SMN as my main DPS class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom