• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenai

I knew they were gonna nerf the hell outta Steps of Faith. Helping people clear that was a genuine nightmare with randoms, and since there's no extra loot the amount of people doing it again is quite low i imagine.

But enough about that. PONY MUSIC WOOOOOOOOOOOO

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Hmmmmm how much am I going to be in old world FFXIV that the horses will still be worth it at this point.

BadRNG

Why not just have the NPCs handle all the mechanics in the fight for the players, auto-firing cannons and doing chains. And every time players die from getting stepped on they revive with another 10% more echo. No cap.

At least it would be a very entertaining trial to run as everyone suicides and tries for crazy dps numbers.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
How about they just hand out i130 free boosts to players and make it so Vishap just sits there dozing off until you poke him then he dies.

Disgusting.

How about they just hand out i130 free boosts to players and make it so Vishap just sits there dozing off until you poke him then he dies.

Disgusting.

It would naturally become easier anyway with new contents being introduced. I don't really understand the problem with doing it a little bit sooner.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
It would naturally become easier anyway with new contents being introduced. I don't really understand the problem with doing it a little bit sooner.

It's already insanely easy. We did a run for an FC member and killed it before Vishap even broke into the last area while screwing up mechanics royally.

It's like telling people "It's okay, don't get good at dealing damage, don't pay attention to simple mechanics that NPCs are spelling out for you, here's a nerf, /pet".

It's already insanely easy. We did a run for an FC member and killed it before Vishap even broke into the last area while screwing up mechanics royally.

It's like telling people "It's okay, don't get good at dealing damage, don't pay attention to simple mechanics that NPCs are spelling out for you, here's a nerf, /pet".

My point is, even if they didn't change anything, it would still become very easy after a while when everyone is geared to i160 or some such. What difference does it make if it became easy now?

It was still hard once upon a time. Those people who are not good at dealing damage would still be able to defeat it without paying attention to mechanics eventually. The hardcores would have already defeated it. The group of people who want to be challenged but missed the train would always exist no matter when the train departed.

WolvenOne

Lessee...

More echo? Eh, that's nice I suppose. I still have a few pieces left I want to grab, aaaaand that gives me more leeway to disrespect the fights.

Singing ponies tho. Gadzooks I wish I had more then just the Levi Pony. T_T

Steps Nerfed? Thank you!! I'm sorry but it just isn't a very fun fight. It's too long and too much of a slog for Tanks.

And you know all about what he has already played and what types of games he likes and doesn't like. The fuck out of here.

This is a dumb argument you're trying to set up here, because you're assuming that the only platform capable of playing a game is a PS4, ignoring that a mobile phone and any PC made in the last 5 years can play lots of games too. He can play games on lots of things he owns right now even if he somehow doesn't own another console which I find doubtful to begin with.

Anyways I'm not interested in your elitist rantings so go pick a fight with someone else.

Kenai

LOLOLOL paid mount gets music, Kirin doesn't. Nor does Nightmare.

KEEP IT UP SQUARE ENIX YOU'RE DOING A GOOD JOB OF KILLING THE PONY FARMING SPIRIT.

Also Friday night carries get a bit easier. Yay.

The music is based on Primal themes so it doesn't really make sense to give them a particular theme if they aren't affiliated with any particular one.

...though it would be cool if Kirin played a random one when you mounted it up.

BadRNG

My point is, even if they didn't change anything, it would still become very easy after a while when everyone is geared to i160 or some such. What difference does it make if it became easy now?

It was still hard once upon a time. Those people who are not good at dealing damage would still be able to defeat it without paying attention to mechanics eventually. The hardcores would have already defeated it. The group of people who want to be challenged but missed the train would always exist no matter when the train departed.
It was never really hard though, you only needed like 3-4 people who knew what was going on and that should of been easy within one or two attempts. It was just annoying with how long those attempts could last.

But really that was the point, the fact that it wasn't challenging I mean, all the story content was designed to be extremely easy. I don't think these nerfs were really necessary, but I'm not surprised with them either, if there is even a small group of players who can't clear the story due to it then it is going to get nerfed. It was also a lot easier to nerf things this way then address the real issue with the fight (too long without being able to reset it).

Rereading your post now before submitting, I kinda get the impression you are talking about something different than Frumix is (possibly final coil?). If so disregard the main point, and I'll just say they want people to clear stuff before expansion and that old coil will probably be either level or item synced. Item level is also not quite enough to brute force your way through a lot of vanilla coil fights, I guarantee you a ton of people would of never been able to clear SCOB without the metric ton of nerfs on top of echo that hit that place. Even in full i130.

It's too long and too much of a slog for Tanks.
WHAT? We are the only ones who actually get to do anything! And if you really don't want to do that you can just do cannons, only one tank does anything.

dcye

This is a dumb argument you're trying to set up here, because you're assuming that the only platform capable of playing a game is a PS4, ignoring that a mobile phone and any PC made in the last 5 years can play lots of games too. He can play games on lots of things he owns right now even if he somehow doesn't own another console which I find doubtful to begin with.

Anyways I'm not interested in your elitist rantings so go pick a fight with someone else.

No I'm positioning the argument that I know the person you went at, I know he doesn't use a PC to play games on, or another console and I know he doesn't enjoy mobile games. A situation for many people, not everyone has more than 1 console or even a decent computer. You went at him with a rude an arrogant tone for absolutely no reason.

That last sentence has gotta be one of the all time ironic posts so I'm gonna let it speak for itself.

It was never really hard though, you only needed like 3-4 people who knew what was going on and that should of been easy within one or two attempts. It was just annoying with how long those attempts could last.

But really that was the point, the fact that it wasn't challenging I mean, all the story content was designed to be extremely easy. I don't think these nerfs were really necessary, but I'm not surprised with them either, if there is even a small group of players who can't clear the story due to it then it is going to get nerfed. It was also a lot easier to nerf things this way then address the real issue with the fight (too long without being able to reset it).

Rereading your post now before submitting, I kinda get the impression you are talking about something different than Frumix is (possibly final coil?). If so disregard the main point, and I'll just say they want people to clear stuff before expansion and that old coil will probably be either level or item synced. Item level is also not quite enough to brute force your way through a lot of vanilla coil fights, I guarantee you a ton of people would of never been able to clear SCOB without the metric ton of nerfs on top of echo that hit that place. Even in full i130.

Ah, darn, I'm not good with names and "Vishap" went over my head completely. I'm sorry, Frumix. On that subject, I think that the only alteration they need is the ability to restart when it's apparent that the battle is lost.

In any case, I was using the T1-T4 as the model for my argument. I admit that I've never seen them when they're new - me just starting to play the game two months ago - so I don't know how hard they originally were.

Kenai

Ah, darn, I'm not good with names and "Vishap" went over my head completely. I'm sorry, Frumix. On that subject, I think that the only alteration they need is the ability to restart when it's apparent that the battle is lost.

This probably would have worked, but i am guessing that would have taken (possibly significantly) more work than just nerfing the fight like this. I assume they were going by rate of completion vs attempts made (possibly also player feedback) and make the call to nerf it sooner rather than later.

i mean, I really didn't find anything prestigious about killing Vishap anyway, so I really don't care how easy or hard it is. It's not like I'm ever going in there again (unless they add a drop, and then hey, easier to farm it).

The music is based on Primal themes so it doesn't really make sense to give them a particular theme if they aren't affiliated with any particular one.

...though it would be cool if Kirin played a random one when you mounted it up.

At least Kirin isn't playing overrated Answers...

No I'm positioning the argument that I know the person you went at, I know he doesn't use a PC to play games on, or another console and I know he doesn't enjoy mobile games. A situation for many people, not everyone has more than 1 console or even a decent computer. You went at him with a rude an arrogant tone for absolutely no reason.

That last sentence has gotta be one of the all time ironic posts so I'm gonna let it speak for itself.

I'm the one being rude and arrogant? Really? He's the one complaining about how the Final Coil is a joke, it must be so hard in the ivory tower where everything is too easy for him.

I think my last sentence stands on it's own quite sufficiently. I'm not a member of the elite here who thinks the Final Coil is a joke you see.

BadRNG

In any case, I was using the T1-T4 as the model for my argument. I admit that I've never seen them when they're new - me just starting to play the game two months ago - so I don't know how hard they originally were.
You can really see how they learned from past designs as the three tiers of coil came around. First coil was really the simplest mechanic wise, and even what was there was often ignored/bypassed before people were even full i90. Second coil they tried to go completely into the other direction, a high amount of mechanics and if you tried to ignore them you would often wipe. It was pretty frustrating at times and is arguably the worst designed of the three tiers, but they learned a lot from it I'd say. Final Coil ended up being the best of both worlds, the mechanics are not overly complex but have some depth and while you can brute force certain aspects you still have to respect certain key mechanics no matter what.

Really though echo is supposed to be a substitute for just getting some more gear, and it allows people who are behind to feel like they are progressing. It would probably demoralize some people if they ended up needing i160 gear to clear content that drops i130, right?

i mean, I really didn't find anything prestigious about killing Vishap anyway, so I really don't care how easy or hard it is. It's not like I'm ever going in there again (unless they add a drop, and then hey, easier to farm it).
Get ready for Vishap Extreme Mode that drops a mount version of him. No cannons and you can get divebomb'd off the bridge for good!

it must be so hard in the ivory tower where everything is too easy for him.
I believe we established earlier on this page that it is indeed quite awful up there in the tower.

unless you're a robot summoner

Semper88

200w.gif

Nailed it.

Also Mr. Unknown Soldier, Final coil is a joke but FFXIV's server lag is not. Also I'm not elite just a normal mortal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom