• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

Just redeemed my Heavensward promo stuff. Later today I'm planning on finishing up the story to catch up on the story completely.

Do you guys talk about me in mumble? Drama can't help mention me freaking out anytime I speak and yet we have never done anything together.

What's going on in that lobby? Some sort clique? Behind the scenes bullying? This will not stan...

FUCK YES I WON THE RAMUH PONY.

Omg sweet Jesus.

I ride the lightning mothafuckassss

Turn 5 dive bombs are tough.

No directional indicator so you just have to pick a random direction and hope the dive bomb doesn't end up hitting you because someone wasn't as deep into the ditch as possible.

Also it feels like it would have been a lot harder without the echo. Kind of like the challenge has been removed in a way. So far I haven't really encountered anything like Titan EX yet.

IF you ask me it feels a little boring to have a script for a fight already written out for you. It seems to me that it would be a lot more interesting to learn how to beat a fight on your own with some people over VoiP or something but that's not really feasible for my situation.

WolvenOne

No directional indicator so you just have to pick a random direction and hope the dive bomb doesn't end up hitting you because someone wasn't as deep into the ditch as possible.

Also it feels like it would have been a lot harder without the echo. Kind of like the challenge has been removed in a way. So far I haven't really encountered anything like Titan EX yet.

IF you ask me it feels a little boring to have a script for a fight already written out for you. It seems to me that it would be a lot more interesting to learn how to beat a fight on your own with some people over VoiP or something but that's not really feasible for my situation.

Well, when you're doing progression there's a little, "learning how to deal," even if your group is overall following a blue-print. With that much echo and overgearing though, there isn't really much learning to deal, as it were. Back when everyone was in i90 and there was no echo, between the DPS checks and mechanics everyone had to work together pretty well to clear it. Now there's no real DPS check, and people can survive most small mistakes, so, yeaaaaah.

Don't worry though, T9 is still very real, and even with echo Final Coil can be pretty darn unforgiving to people that don't know what they're doing.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
アラガントームストーン:詩学の1週間の取得上限が、450個 → 900個 に変更されます。

spit-take.gif

Poetics cap has been doubled in the hotfix.

Dandte

Are there any news about a pre load for early access and do you guys think we need to buy a flyable mount to spread our wings or can we use our normal choco?

Critical Elk

Neo Member

The directional indicator for divebombs in t5 is twintania. She dives in a straight line from her position to the divebomb marker.

Hasney

How is this game on the PS4 vs PC? In terms of gameplay, graphics, and community?

Joypad is so good once you get used to it, I use a PS4 pad when on my PC now. Graphics are great, comparable to PC maxed out... For now. The DX11 client for the expansion makes the graphics much better on the PC. Performance is good too... Until you come across 100 people on one FATE/hunt and your PS4 will start to chug. It can happen on PC too depending on how good it is. Community is the exact same on all formats as they use the same servers and it's a little quiet at the moment because we're close to the expansion.

IvorB

I'm understanding the draw of DPS classes now. I was using my SMN(who is INT weakened due to me maining SCH) while running some dungeons with friends and now I fully understand why people play DPS. There's so much less to worry your mind about.

Yeah it's great :). I was doing early dungeons to level some other classes and the group got lost a couple of times and I couldn't even help them. I have no idea where to go even though I've done it countless times. I literally just follow the tank and kill stuff.

That said, I actually tanked a thing yesterday *gasp*. I need to level marauder for my dragoon (yes, apparently I have a dragoon now). And I was playing with some friends so I figured why not? It was only a guildhest but it was a real mess trying to do it without overpower so now I want to go back and try and do it properly. I feel like this whole "level other classes" thing has just opened a huge rabbit hole for me...

Valor

Do you guys talk about me in mumble? Drama can't help mention me freaking out anytime I speak and yet we have never done anything together.

What's going on in that lobby? Some sort clique? Behind the scenes bullying? This will not stan...

FUCK YES I WON THE RAMUH PONY.

Omg sweet Jesus.

I ride the lightning mothafuckassss
You're constantly a source of our conversation, because you're so loveable. Mumble bullies are strong, man.

Grats on second worst pony music. :D

Man. Had they uncapped I could just stop caring. Now I'm going to feel like I should be trying to cap even though I barely made 450 the past few weeks. Devious.
Same. Sigh. Who's ready for... ex dr... yay...

RK9039

Do you have the expert and hardmode roulette opened up? It would be a really good idea to spend some time opening that for the massive poetics from expert and another possible 240 soldiery from hard mode per day if you haven't yet.

http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Duty_Roulette

Keeper of the Lake is also awesome so there's that.

No I don't think I have those yet. I'm about to start Stone Vigil HM right now, I just got it opened.

ed: Finished it, pretty easy stuff.

iammeiam

Same. Sigh. Who's ready for... ex dr... yay...

EXDR is 75, right? Even assuming you ran it every day (and I didn't Tuesday or Wednesday, RIP) you're still 375 short of cap. That's 13 Final Coil turns.

Or I guess 32 Levi EX's for pony farmers. 19 WoDs. 94 Hydra runs. 125 maps.

If only idling in the Mist accrued tomes.

scy

EXDR is 75, right? Even assuming you ran it every day (and I didn't Tuesday or Wednesday, RIP) you're still 375 short of cap. That's 13 Final Coil turns.

Or I guess 32 Levi EX's for pony farmers. 19 WoDs. 94 Hydra runs. 125 maps.

If only idling in the Mist accrued tomes.

Slow morning, huh.

Edit: Oh man, I might actually cap thanks to this Zeta grind.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Ever since the patch, my character can't run continuously on the PS4. It will skip, alternating between running and walking. It's incredibly frustrating! Any ideas?

RK9039

There's a lot more gold sellers than when I last played this, they keep harassing me. I have about 70 of them blacklisted.

Queuing time for tanks is still as quick as I remember. Average waiting time of about 3 minutes.

IvorB

Does anyone know if it's possible to share levequest XP and how you do that? I did some levequests in a party but the others didn't seem to get the XP when I turned it in.

iammeiam

We have a bard surplus. The bard overflow is straining Eorzea's hat supply. Any wannabe future bards must first find a new job for one of our existing bards. I got to be a bard because Galen became a ninja. That sort of thing. My inability to anything has be firmly entrenched as the once and future bard though so good luck.

scy

I tried that.

At some point it became fishing time instead since I could actually do that.

We have a bard surplus. The bard overflow is straining Eorzea's hat supply. Any wannabe future bards must first find a new job for one of our existing bards. I got to be a bard because Galen became a ninja. That sort of thing.

can I just wear a minion as a hat

iammeiam

If pony farming is going to ruin tonight too can we wacky alt T10 Friday night?

Or does Felix have some FCCCCCCoB disaster chain lined up.

If pony farming is going to ruin tonight too can we wacky alt T10 Friday night?

Or does Felix have some FCCCCCCoB disaster chain lined up.

Meh, whatever people want to do tonight I'm down for. Gotta cap that 900 poetics now (Felix I was right it's time to panic).

Angary needs to prep for the solo heal life. So you can take Healer Alt's job in SALT in retaliation for Rin going BRD and stealing your jobs.

iammeiam

Somebody explain the SALT thing to me. Is this some Mumble crap? And Korra I tried to heal T13 there is not enough echo ever for that even with another person and Eos.

Also I know people want ponies so I don't so much object to the farming as its unending nature. Going in and doing like 10 Ramuhs is one thing. Doing infinity Ramuhs because RNG drop rate and people getting their pony and leaving two runs later to be replaced by somebody else needing a pony is hell.

Valor

Meh, whatever people want to do tonight I'm down for. Gotta cap that 900 poetics now (Felix I was right it's time to panic).
Pretty much yeah. While I'd really rather not cap 900 poetics on ~14 poe runs of primals, I guess it'll be worth it to make more Kirin in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom