• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrin87

Yeah this definitely happens.

I reckon if you're going to try the sleeping strategy someone needs to be marking the kill order otherwise it just becomes a waste of time trying to sleep stuff 'cause no one knows who's being sleeped and who they should attack.

Good point, its hard to tell sometimes at the beginning of a battle to tell what people are targeting so it can become useless. I really wish more tanks would use marking since it helps out a lot.

So if I buy a new phone do I have to remove the one time password it from the previous phone via emergency pass removal then put it on to the new phone?

So if I buy a new phone do I have to remove the one time password it from the previous phone via emergency pass removal then put it on to the new phone?

yes but you to make sure you have the emergency code handy since I believe things can get a bit wonky when reinstalling it

scy

When playing as SMN, if the Tank is decent, I bane everything, not caring about the sleeps. There really is no reason to do that in mid level dungeons if the tank can hold aggro of the mobs.

Bane won't break Sleep, for the record. But, yeah, I see no real reason to sleep things from any perspective. Damage is still low enough that the healer can DPS, Tank won't get obliterated anyway, and DPS is free to AoE.

I wasn't even going to post it out of combined fear of shattering Galen's fragile sense of self-worth by publicizing his inability to distinguish between buttons that will heal him and buttons that will kill him, and dooming us all as Rin's ego expands to even more immeasurable proportions. I don't know if there's spare land for a second tower.

I'll just put the second tower inside the first tower. Towering and all.

we skipping 10?

Valor

I wasn't even going to post it out of combined fear of shattering Galen's fragile sense of self-worth by publicizing his inability to distinguish between buttons that will heal him and buttons that will kill him
IN THE HEAT OF BATTLE IT IS HARD TO THINK STRAIGHT. Fat finger level = expert.

I did lament at like 2% that that had to be the one we cleared. I was like perfect every other time and then OH GEE WHIZ I SHOULD SECOND WIND. OH IT IS HALFWAY BACK. I WILL HIT IT ANYWAY. OOPS BLOOD FOR BLOOD THIS IS BAD. Story of my life. My tombstone will read "Here lies Galen Austad. If only he clicked off Blood for Blood"

The best part is we wanted and couldn't find a monk.

No, the best part is that I was going to be our best option of getting a Monk if we needed it.
The sad part was that we didn't need one. RIP Monks.

I'll just put the second tower inside the first tower. Towering and all.
I was hoping we could just forget that whole conversation...

scy

I did lament at like 2% that that had to be the one we cleared. I was like perfect every other time and then OH GEE WHIZ I SHOULD SECOND WIND. OH IT IS HALFWAY BACK. I WILL HIT IT ANYWAY. OOPS BLOOD FOR BLOOD THIS IS BAD. Story of my life. My tombstone will read "Here lies Galen Austad. If only he clicked off Blood for Blood"

It was also the run with my worst add pick-ups. /o\

But we learned so much.

Valor

It was also the run with my worst add pick-ups. /o\
Also the run where Felix didn't bite it from Akh Morn. I liked those better.

But we learned so much.

5940114b57a48c126522c65b6fb0936a900871a0fa482eafabb9e9af07412764.jpg

iammeiam

I think (?) it was the only run I ate a Dive on too. I kept dying to like... Damage, and I think Earthshaker stupidity once, but only on the clear did I fail to dodge the easiest dive because left and right is hard.

we skipping 10?

we need a better strat for 10; the existing method relies heavily on casters (4?), which we don't have a ton of, and I think there has to be another way? 11 I think we have a workable rough outline for who we regularly have access to maybe. Plus maybe world first? Or just insane hilarity.

Late night GAF may fade, but is never really forgotten. Be more careful what you say in the future.

Jeels

Now that ya'll solo tanked it maybe ya'll can give me the clear. :)

Been df'ing T12 this week. Were getting to about 60% which isnt bad.

barit

So I played through the Main Quest. Now the credits are rolling so I beat FFXIV I guess and I can delete it. :p

But what a sad ending ! Definitively GoT vibes in the last scenes. More intrigues and deaths than in the whole game lol

So now the waiting for the Addon begins. For an MMO it has some really cool story overall. Can´t wait to see how it goes on.

iammeiam

Solo tank isn't really the same thing as 7-manning it. Need the fifth DPS to murder the tethered add before all is RIP. Even if we three tank it, you'd either have to learn to Megaflare and earthshakers or go eat wall.

Actually, is it time to start trying to 7-man all the things? Echo should make it not too hard barring Megaflare weirdness in 13?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Solo tank isn't really the same thing as 7-manning it. Need the fifth DPS to murder the tethered add before all is RIP. Even if we three tank it, you'd either have to learn to Megaflare and earthshakers or go eat wall.

Actually, is it time to start trying to 7-man all the things? Echo should make it not too hard barring Megaflare weirdness in 13?

Our group 7-manned 10, 11, 13 and partially 12 back before Echo was there. The only really hard part is that 13's mechanics demand 8 people.

Valor

Well, there it is.
I hate this hacker crap.

Well, I wouldn't mind teaching you the remainder of the fight you've yet to see. It depends if we can get the rest of the people around for it.

Like Frumix said, people had been 7 manning it before. With 15% echo it should be pretty doable. People may die in 13 though since you'll get someone with a double megaflare in dives and might get MT circle megaflare in final phase. We gotta find some way to kill time for another month, though...

Looking at past parses for DPS numbers and death counts, 7-man and 6-man T13 clears have been around before echo.

Please explain this ordeal. Missing power connectors? Case too small?

Nah, something in the bios settings. I have a UEFI board and apparently that causes issues, so I had to change a bios setting for the PCI-E slots to legacy instead of EFI enabled or some bullshit.

scy

The only really hard part is that 13's mechanics demand 8 people.

The only notable one is the tank can get Megaflare rings now and that's really not that bad once you know it's a thing. Everything else works as normal.

Like Frumix said, people had been 7 manning it before. With 15% echo it should be pretty doable. People may die in 13 though since you'll get someone with a double megaflare in dives and might get MT circle megaflare in final phase. We gotta find some way to kill time for another month, though...

Dives don't use 8 people originally (6) so even down a person you're fine, just expect a tank to do the stacking.

Basically everything in T13 with a person dead becomes "expect a tank to do it."

iammeiam

I feel like I say this a lot: my question's not "is it possible?", because we all know it is, so much as "is it possible with the random band of roving mostly-Bards we can get our hands on?"

Jeels T11 (and T10 actually I think?) required me on WHM, Solo Tank T13 required BLM Felix getting to lrn2earthshakers and almost Monk Galen, we end up with a lot of people doing weird things which gives us an added degree of difficulty.

Jayhawk

basically, everyone needs to learn to play something

The key to secretly switching your class before entering is to be the party leader. That's how I can sneak in Titan-Egi or DRG with non-upgraded Shiva weapon for things. Then a minute into what we're doing, everybody realizes I am not MNK and yells for me to switch.

scy

I like Archers though :(

The key to secretly switching your class before entering is to be the party leader. That's how I can sneak in Titan-Egi or DRG with non-upgraded Shiva weapon for things. Then a minute into what we're doing, everybody realizes I am not MNK and yells for me to switch.

But if I secretly switch, we'll end up with a 0 Tank T13...

Hm.

WolvenOne

Before:

lVr1zX0.png

After:

kLZpGt4.png

oh baby

Man, really hope that AMD puts out an efficiency patch between now and this games release. I mean, seeing as my R9 290 can only put out around 8700, despite having near identical specs to your rig in most other respects.

Granted, more than playable either way, anything over 60FPS is mostly just buffer after all. Extra buffer is nice though.

I feel like I say this a lot: my question's not "is it possible?", because we all know it is, so much as "is it possible with the random band of roving mostly-Bards we can get our hands on?"

Jeels T11 (and T10 actually I think?) required me on WHM, Solo Tank T13 required BLM Felix getting to lrn2earthshakers and almost Monk Galen, we end up with a lot of people doing weird things which gives us an added degree of difficulty.

galen monked? oh man hahaha

I'm going back to pony farming. Science is boring.

Can somebody put the T13 video on YT? You can't watch Twitch archives on ghetto iPhones cuz flash. App won't let you go to non-live channels, so that didn't work. I want to watch all my mistakes and re-assure myself of my mediocrity. And I don't want to have to wait until I get home to watch it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm going back to pony farming. Science is boring.

Can somebody put the T13 video on YT? You can't watch Twitch archives on ghetto iPhones cuz flash. App won't let you go to non-live channels, so that didn't work. I want to watch all my mistakes and re-assure myself of my mediocrity.

I can export it when I get home.

iammeiam

Science is awesome ponies are lame come at me.

Not quite but almost--we weren't sure if DK would be needed for Akh Morn and if it was he was our option.

He is also somehow possibly our SMN option for solo-tank 11? Which frightens me.

Valor

But if I secretly switch, we'll end up with a 0 Tank T13...
World first baybee here we come.

Please no...
I was so close to Living the Dream™

DO WE REALLY NEED MORE BARDS
Yes. Machinist will decimate our once mighty ranks

He is also somehow possibly our SMN option for solo-tank 11? Which frightens me.
When the hell was I going to be notified of this!? SMN is literally the only class I don't even pretend that I can play.

so my plushie finally shipped after so many months. I honestly forgot about it

wait no, they finally charged my credit card, which I renewed a couple months ago so I have no idea if this will actually go through

barrin87

So how hard are the raids for newbies? I have Labyrinth of the Ancients unlocked and was thinking about trying it out this weekend. My BLM is i70 and I'll be upgrading my artifact pants tonight to the soldiery pants.

is the poetic gear even worth it? Poetics seem really hard to come by compared to soldierly but it almost seems like running raids would be faster to get gear that high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom