• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nivert

I started playing a couple days ago and I'm glad they forced me to do a dungeon as part of the story quests because I've never done one before and would have been hesitant to try one. I thought it was pretty cool.

I've never played many MMOs but I applied to the FC. Having fun so far!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Since I got my final endgame equipment (or at least most of it), I've decided to have some fun with glamour. The results:
nvKJ9X9.jpg

I also got the last 5 pieces of Alexandrite required to finish Animus and upgraded it to Novus. I'm guessing that I should be checking sites like this to know what to run?
Looks like primals give a lot of light, so I think I'll just DF those, hoping for a pony drop.

Raide

Might pull the trigger on this and give it a shot for 30 days. Looking for a new MMO to get into and its currently cheap enough to throw some time into it and see how I get on. Is the game split between EU and US? I noticed the version I want to get said EU only, so does that make join the GAF Guild a bit trickier?

Might pull the trigger on this and give it a shot for 30 days. Looking for a new MMO to get into and its currently cheap enough to throw some time into it and see how I get on. Is the game split between EU and US? I noticed the version I want to get said EU only, so does that make join the GAF Guild a bit trickier?

Nope, most of us are here on Ultros. Region doesn't matter.

The accounts are region based, so you need to buy the correct version according to the country you choose in the registration for the serial code to work.
The servers are region free, so you can play anywhere.

dramatis

Do I have to do the Bahamut raid to continue the main story?
No.

In a sense, the Bahamut raid ties up the extraneous loose ends of the ending of the original FF14's story. But it is otherwise not a requirement for the main story bridging A Realm Reborn to the expansion.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I thought I would hate the Novus grind, but I got the Ifrit pony and a leviathan card. Interesting.

RK9039

No.

In a sense, the Bahamut raid ties up the extraneous loose ends of the ending of the original FF14's story. But it is otherwise not a requirement for the main story bridging A Realm Reborn to the expansion.

Oh okay. So when Heavensward launches will I be able to start it as soon as it goes live? I thought there was some content I had to do.

dramatis

Oh okay. So when Heavensward launches will I be able to start it as soon as it goes live? I thought there was some content I had to do.
The story in A Realm Reborn ends with super huge credits (it's pretty obvious when it ends).

"Binding Coil of Bahamut" is one of the post-game questlines. It is a side story that leads to the heavy-duty raids of the game.

"Chronicles of a New Era" is the post-game main story questline. It picks up right after the conclusion of A Realm Reborn and is the episode bridging "A Realm Reborn" to "Heavensward". This is the questline you need to do to be able to start Heavensward when it goes live.

RK9039

Chronicles of a new era, how do I start that? I think that's what I've been looking for

ed: nvm, I found a list.

if your done with the main story than your good to go for 3.0

Nice, thanks.

Getting that Dark Knight class unlocked as soon as possible.

Redx508

Chronicles of a new era, how do I start that? I think that's what I've been looking for.

is it this one
Questline: Chronicles of a New Era
Pre-Requirements: Level 50 and must have completed main scenario quest “The Ultimate Weapon.” (needs verification)
Entry Quest: Primal Nature
Quest NPC: Urianger

Sora_N

I had to grind through Pugilist and now since I grinded too much on Archer I had to go back and do the Archer quests to get Bard. annoying

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Isn't Chronicles of a New Era the optional stuff (Primals, Coil, & CT)? Story quest fall under Main Scenario: Seventh Umbral Era (2.0) and Main Scenario: Seventh Astral Era (2.1 - 2.55).

He needs to finish the Seventh Astral Era questline (2nd page has a quest title that contains a SPOILER) after finishing the Umbral Era quests to be ready for Heavensward.

barrin87

Got my relic for my Blm! First upgrade was easy at least but the rest looks like a ton of work. How hard is it to get the ama drops from fates?

RK9039

Isn't Chronicles of a New Era the optional stuff (Primals, Coil, & CT)? Story quest fall under Main Scenario: Seventh Umbral Era (2.0) and Main Scenario: Seventh Astral Era (2.1 - 2.55).

He needs to finish the Seventh Astral Era questline (2nd page has a quest title that contains a SPOILER) after finishing the Umbral Era quests to be ready for Heavensward.

Oh, so it's the guild heist quest I was missing, Hest for the best. I only have basic training unlocked in Duty Finder (I've never done any of these).

Hey gang, maybe I could get some advice.

I've made a post weeks ago about relic vs magitek, but now I'm seriously considering saving poetics and allied seals for Machinist gear. Bard is one piece away from full 100 gear, including relic that is on the book phase.

Now there is no way to tell if the new jobs will even require soldiery/poetic/allied seal gear since they're planning on adding more tomes. I should try to get Bard to at least 120 just so I can have a easier time with story, roulettes, etc. Am I being foolish saving allied seals as a last resort when I'm short on upgrading materials for 130 weapons or will there be new item level gear with Heavensward? I haven't heard much other than raising the level cap.

Hey gang, maybe I could get some advice.

I've made a post weeks ago about relic vs magitek, but now I'm seriously considering saving poetics and allied seals for Machinist gear. Bard is one piece away from full 100 gear, including relic that is on the book phase.

Now there is no way to tell if the new jobs will even require soldiery/poetic/allied seal gear since they're planning on adding more tomes. I should try to get Bard to at least 120 just so I can have a easier time with story, roulettes, etc. Am I being foolish saving allied seals as a last resort when I'm short on upgrading materials for 130 weapons or will there be new item level gear with Heavensward? I haven't heard much other than raising the level cap.

Mot def adding in new tomes for the expasion. And since the new lvl cap is 60 the new gear will be higher ilvl/just plain better. Id just use the poetic and soldiery to get your bard to ilvl 130 for right now

There will be new new forms of currency IIRC.

Maybe you can refund some of your soldiery/poetics to the new stuff like they did with mythology.

We don't know how easy/hard it will be to obtain new gear but level 55 is supposed to be ilvl 130 in terms of gear you'll get at that level, presumably from dungeon drops.

Sora_N

I'm level 30, changed to BRD.

I'm at main story quest for lv 24 atm I believe.

I'm not sure what I should be doing, better to just continue the story for now right? Lol.

I was a bit disappointed that changing to BRD didn't do anything aesthetically. :( I got a Toadskin armor from some quest, which actually looks more decent than anything else I got for at least 5-6 levels thouhg.

WolvenOne

I'm level 30, changed to BRD.

I'm at main story quest for lv 24 atm I believe.

I'm not sure what I should be doing, better to just continue the story for now right? Lol.

I was a bit disappointed that changing to BRD didn't do anything aesthetically. :( I got a Toadskin armor from some quest, which actually looks more decent than anything else I got for at least 5-6 levels thouhg.

Aesthetic changes are at level 45 and 50, that's when you get your classes trademark armor. It's also when your class change is more or less complete. Before that point you're an Archer that can kinda sorta Bard as well. Hit fifty though and, transformation complete!

Sora_N

Aesthetic changes are at level 45 and 50, that's when you get your classes trademark armor. It's also when your class change is more or less complete. Before that point you're an Archer that can kinda sorta Bard as well. Hit fifty though and, transformation complete!

That's a little disappointing lol. I hope it won't take too long to get to at least 45 while just doing the story.

So... Shiva targets one person with Diamond dust instead of just standing in the middle in general.

Didn't know that.

I think it targets "you" for everyone in the raid. As in eveyrone sees Shiva on their screen in different positions, because she shatters you. At least I think I noticed that once when I was bored, but might be wrong, after the first 50kills I stopped paying attention to anything but the ground and the healthbars.

IvorB

Oh my God. T9 finally beat with like five minutes on the clock after a loooong ass night.

Congrats!

I reckon something really needs to be done about the gill spam. It's really out-of-control and getting to the point where just ignoring it becomes difficult. I got, like, 3 friend requests from RMT in quick succession before I logged off yesterday. It's a huge pain to decline the request and blacklist them (and also pointless) so I just leave them there. I have about 9 FR now, never mind the tells and whispers etc. Is this normal? I've never played any other MMO...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Congrats!

I reckon something really needs to be done about the gill spam. It's really out-of-control and getting to the point where just ignoring it becomes difficult. I got, like, 3 friend requests from RMT in quick succession before I logged off yesterday. It's a huge pain to decline the request and blacklist them (and also pointless) so I just leave them there. I have about 9 FR now, never mind the tells and whispers etc. Is this normal? I've never played any other MMO...
It's crazy how big the difference is between the English and Japanese servers... I think I got maybe 2-3 rmt whispers total and I've been playing on and off since the release.

I wonder if SE is taking the servers here more seriously or if selling gil isn't that great of a business here.

gryvan

It's crazy how big the difference is between the English and Japanese servers... I think I got maybe 2-3 rmt whispers total and I've been playing on and off since the release.

I wonder if SE is taking the servers here more seriously or if selling gil isn't that great of a business here.

JP only :(

barrin87

Easier now than it used to be, still took me about 10 hours or more though.

Yikes, still quite a bit of time. I was skimming a guide today on what is required to upgrade a relic completely and the work involved seems absolutely ludicrous. Makes me not want to bother at all. I might end up just trying to get an easier weapon that is slightly less good.

I blacklist at least 5 gill sellers every single day when I play for more than a couple of hours.

Had an awesome night for progression yesterday and did Labyrinth of the Ancients for the first time. Someone in my FC wanted to run LOTA so I did it a second time right after and then we kept going and did Syrus Tower and World of Darkness as well.

Did CT get nerfed on its mechanics? I'm watching video guides today so I can know what's going on better since I went into ST and WOD completely blind last night but the videos are mentioning all these boss abilities I never saw.

Did CT get nerfed on its mechanics? I'm watching video guides today so I can know what's going on better since I went into ST and WOD completely blind last night but the videos are mentioning all these boss abilities I never saw.

Not to my knowledge. What it probably was was your alliances were able to bulldoze past mechanics due to over-gearing. With the current ilvl cap - and as long as groups are competent - it's not uncommon to blitz through a lot of CT these days.

rubius01

I truly, truly believe that yoship & co. are ignorant of the sotuation on NA/EU servers. It reminded me during fanfest where yoship FINALLY realized how bad the lag was on the NA servers.

BadRNG

I truly, truly believe that yoship & co. are ignorant of the sotuation on NA/EU servers. It reminded me during fanfest where yoship FINALLY realized how bad the lag was on the NA servers.
I'm fairly confident there would be a lot of stuff that would of been designed differently if they played regularly on the NA servers. Mudras especially.

RPGCrazied

Do you ever fight the judges in this game? I see them in cutscenes, and even on my level 44 bard, nothing so far.

And are the grand companies all that different? Got past ifrit again on my 2nd character, 23 lancer, 15 maurder.

BadRNG

Do you ever fight the judges in this game? I see them in cutscenes, and even on my level 44 bard, nothing so far.

And are the grand companies all that different? Got past ifrit again on my 2nd character, 23 lancer, 15 maurder.
Yeah. One at level 49, other three at 50.

There are two main differences. The first is the different aesthetic designs available, Maelstrom gear is usually red/black and piratey for example. This is just vanity though. The other difference is which side you will be on in PvP if you ever do that. If you have a lot of friends in a specific GC and want to group with them in PvP, then you may want to use that GC, otherwise just do whichever aesthetic you like more. The general story/content/etc available is identical between the three.

IvorB

That sounds great. The tell stuff was bad but ignorable but the friend request thing is a whole new level. They've basically placed an ad for themselves on my UI and there's nothing I can do about it. And it works too 'cause I actually know the name of the website now. It's f**king insidious. :-(

On the positive side Dragoon is pretty fun. :) It's cool following all the little questlines for the classes. The dragoon one is pretty good so far. Much better than having to listen to that sad, old loser bard in the forest moaning on about
causing the death of all his mates
. It was a long time ago dude, just get over it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom