• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvorB

4. Movement- How the hell do you do any kind of DPS in movement heavy fights? I did Keeper of the Lake last night and felt so useless.

I appreciate any feedback I can get. I really want to get better and stop feeling like I am weighing my party down.

I just wanted to add one thing: sprint. You can sprint at will as a black mage since you don't need TP for anything else. So don't be shy to pop it so you can get where you're going faster and get back to burning.

Edit: Also don't forget to add Raging Strikes to your loadout for a good (but infrequent) damage boost.

Nohar

My 360 controller died. I'm currently learning how to play with keyboard+mouse. It's not that hard, but it takes a while to get accustomed to it.

WolvenOne

Sooo, does the forty dollar copy of Heavensward for the PS4 also contain the base game? Kinda need to know, seeing as I'll probably be out of town during the launch, and will be taking my PS4 with me so at not to entirely miss the launch.

plake

Sooo, does the forty dollar copy of Heavensward for the PS4 also contain the base game? Kinda need to know, seeing as I'll probably be out of town during the launch, and will be taking my PS4 with me so at not to entirely miss the launch.

I highly doubt that, but they might release a combined game with exp and base game for a slight cheaper price. In any case, we'll know soon I guess.

iammeiam

Keep in mind that buying a PS4 copy of the base game/bundle will get you 30 days of sub time, which helps knock the cost down. The downside of the bundle is you miss out on early access.

WolvenOne

Keep in mind that buying a PS4 copy of the base game/bundle will get you 30 days of sub time, which helps knock the cost down. The downside of the bundle is you miss out on early access.

Well, according to Amazon I'll get the early access; I'm not entirely certain HOW if they're not shipping disks out until the official release date. It'd be nice if they clarified how that was supposed to work. Another issue is I'm not 100% certain when I'll be out of town yet. It could be before the 18th, or two weeks later. The forces that be haven't made it clear exactly when all this will be going down, beyond giving me a general timeframe. (Mid to late June.)

I might have to wait until I get a more concrete date first.

plake

Well, according to Amazon I'll get the early access; I'm not entirely certain HOW if they're not shipping disks out until the official release date. It'd be nice if they clarified how that was supposed to work. Another issue is I'm not 100% certain when I'll be out of town yet. It could be before the 18th, or two weeks later. The forces that be haven't made it clear exactly when all this will be going down, beyond giving me a general timeframe. (Mid to late June.)

I might have to wait until I get a more concrete date first.

Sounds wise. In all fairness though, buying the base game now for cheap and then the expansion (digitally mayhap) later on will net you 2x 30 game days for about the same price in the end while you're guaranteed early access.

WolvenOne

Sounds wise. In all fairness though, buying the base game now for cheap and then the expansion (digitally mayhap) later on will net you 2x 30 game days for about the same price in the end while you're guaranteed early access.

There is truth to this statement.

iammeiam

I'm almost certain the expac by itself includes no game time. Redeeming the code for the base game includes 30 days of sub time, but nothing for the expac has ever indicated free game time?

Additionally, while Amazon may send you a Heavensward early access code, I'm pretty sure you're still screwed if you buy the bundle as you'll have no base game license on the account and so early access to Heavensward itself will do you no good. Everything SE has put out indicates there's no early access code that grants both base and expac access on the 19th.

(And even if it is two weeks later... That's the start of capped tomes and Alex normal, right? Still stuff to do/distraction in times of stress.)

aceface

You get 30 days free for buying the expac? I didn't think that was the case.

WolvenOne

Hmmm, the covers for the PS4 2.0 and 2.0/3.0 bundles both say "Free 30 days," but the stand-alone expansions do not. Seeing as buying the base game for PS4, and expansions for both PS4 and PC would've netted me 90 free days otherwise, I guess that makes sense.

Still, buying the 2.0 base game for PS4 early and pre-ordering a digital copy of 3.0 off PSN, probably makes the most sense. That way even if the download goes out after I leave I can still download and play it. In theory anyway, conditions on the road might prevent large downloads or whatnot.

creid

You do not get more game time for buying the expansion pack.

Uh, so the first time setup finishes and now I have to download 6.1gb in updates, couldn't they fit that on the disc?
The disc you bought was released over 18 months ago. There have been 5 major content patches since then.

Tiops

2 Aurum Vale runs, no Zodiac drop, I already hate this game.

Brayflox HM: got in 2 runs
Wanderer's Palace: got in 2 runs.

plake

Average is about every 9 runs, so mathematically speaking you'll have to run AV 24 more times. Rip

I'll pray to rngesus for you.

Croyles

Sooner or later you'll be wishing for one every 10 runs.

I ran Darkhold 40 times, and then Halatali Hard and Snowcloak 20 times each for the last 3 dungeon drops. It's the worst step of the whole relic train.

Just fyi 40 runs for a dungeon drop is not normal but it can happen.

I was going to try and get back into this game before Heavensward comes out. Unfortunately it seems I am locked out of my account now because I forgot the password. Not only that, the reset password system won't work for me because it looks like I made two separate accounts under the same e-mail address. So now I'm screwed from both ends. Hopefully Square support comes through for me. Might end up waiting for Heavensward launch as I was going to start from scratch with an Au'Ra female.

Jeels

Finished my FC room :) It isn't amazing since I can't experiment much as I'm not made of gil, but I like it a lot.

CFF65tFUsAAtMi5.jpg:large

I really love the black tiles.

That is another pre Heavensward stretch goal met:

Jeels back in March said:
My goals -

Finish Zodiac (at 8/16 dungeon atma...not bad). Complete!

Get carried through T13. (love gaf <3)

Get Adamantoise mount (at 30K mgp right now, I doubt this will happen...) Complete!

Organize my room in the FC house...it is literally just a storage room for various furniture I've managed to get from events and stuff. I want to clean it up... Complete!

All that's left is completing Final Coil...T12 here I come...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Oh hey, after ~25 runs of Turn 10 I finally saw the int ring drop. Too bad I rolled 15 and the other BLM rolled 61.

I give up.

WolvenOne

Oh hey, after ~25 runs of Turn 10 I finally saw the int ring drop. Too bad I rolled 15 and the other BLM rolled 61.

I give up.

It was like that with me and my T12 Tank pants, for a long, LOOOOONG time. Ya just gotta persavere.

Though the fact that there isn't another 130 Ring outside of Coil is a bit, ya know. :/

So, I want to replay this now I have some more free time, but wheres the client download for EU?
I can google it and it comes up with this:

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/eu/

Which is fair enough and what I want, but why can I not find it on the actual FF14 website?
It seems impossible to find on their actual website with no actual link to this page stating its the client to download.

Bit poor to have to google it to find it.

plake

So, I want to replay this now I have some more free time, but wheres the client download for EU?
I can google it and it comes up with this:

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/eu/

Which is fair enough and what I want, but why can I not find it on the actual FF14 website?
It seems impossible to find on their actual website with no actual link to this page stating its the client to download.

Bit poor to have to google it to find it.

My question would rather be why you'd ever go to the full website and look for it instead of just googling for it in the first place.

Enjolras

Neo Member
Got through T10 last night in DF, of all places. It could have been done much earlier if it weren't for ragequits after a 9% wipe, though. So that's one less pre-3.0 goal knocked off the list!

Still have no idea what to level up to 60 first come June, though. Guess I'll play it by ear.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Fed up with DF and waiting for other player's PF I've decided to make my first PF party ever.
Set for 3 runs, the ring dropped on the first one. It would be nice to have the T10 hat, but a ring and one more accessory are more than enough. I never want to see that place again.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Hi, what's the difference between free company and linkshell in FF 14?
Linkshells are chatrooms. You can be a member of multiple linkshells.
FCs are guilds with buffs, guild houses etc. You can be a member of only one FC at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom