• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandelbo

Right, so I've found an extreeeeeemely cheap PS3 copy of the game, and there was an option to upgrade a PS3 version of the game to the PS4 version a while ago. However, I have some questions about that:

-would I still be able to upgrade from the PS3 version to the PS4 version?
-if I did, would it still have the free 30-day period on the PS4 version?
-would it work with a physical version of the PS3 game?

Wilsongt

Right, so I've found an extreeeeeemely cheap PS3 copy of the game, and there was an option to upgrade a PS3 version of the game to the PS4 version a while ago. However, I have some questions about that:

-would I still be able to upgrade from the PS3 version to the PS4 version?
-if I did, would it still have the free 30-day period on the PS4 version?
-would it work with a physical version of the PS3 game?

I don't think so. I think the upgrade program ended April 1st.

Allard

Machinist and Bard are definitely cross class since they share gear.

Think he is talking about the skills they use rather then gear. I expect Machinist is going to be Rogue and Archer purely because no one else uses Rogue for a sub and despite it not happening on NIN it would be nice for another job to finally make use of eagle eye besides the class it was created on. Astrologian will probably get ACN and either CON or THM. Dark Knight is the only one I'm not 100% sure of, if the job has its own job only "Provoke" and has enough innate abilities to cover for the loss of some for the defensive cool downs off GLD then it could be MRD and maybe THM to go with the "Opposite but similar" to PLD that most of the games that feature the two jobs have, especially since its an MP "Dark Damage" focused tank, but my guess is its going to be GLD and THM.

This all assumes of course they won't completely revamp all the shared skills for each job as one of the things they changed dramatically for the expansion especially considering we now have one new class and 4 new jobs since it was last changed.

MogCakes

It took me 2 attempts at t10 to get the entire fight down, versus 2 month's worth of weekly raiding with my former static to learn t9. Is the rest of FCoB this easy?

I'm amazed that the only way I can escape gil spam is by setting myself busy.

I have to shut myself away from the world in order to not get harassed.

It's a minor inconvenience, but an inconvenience all the same. It's really bothering me.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
It took me 2 attempts at t10 to get the entire fight down, versus 2 month's worth of weekly raiding with my former static to learn t9. Is the rest of FCoB this easy?

10 and 11 are trivial compared to beasts like pre-nerf T7 or T9.

So ive managed to hit 50 on both my scholar and paladin within hours of each other. Fun times, first time hitting 50. I've started relic quest, but I'm dying to see some content. And also get geared enough to see content. I'm only lowly ilvl 57 atm. What's the best steps to see everything that there is to see? Do people still run CT or the older raids and dungeouns?

Ruruja

I'm amazed that the only way I can escape gil spam is by setting myself busy.

I have to shut myself away from the world in order to not get harassed.

It's a minor inconvenience, but an inconvenience all the same. It's really bothering me.

I'm on Ragnarok and honestly never really had much of an issue, couldn't fathom people saying they get them all the time.

Until today, where I kept getting a friend request every 10 minutes. I think they opened the server up for new registrations recently as there's a lot of new green shoots running around and I guess that meant a whole lot of new gil spam accounts too.

BadRNG

T10-T12 are all a good amount easier than T9. It also helps you are overgearing it + echo, and much of the initial challenge in FCOB was simply dps/hp checks that are easy to meet now. T13 you'll probably still struggle with if your whole group is new, but it's not as mechanically punishing as T9 either.

So ive managed to hit 50 on both my scholar and paladin within hours of each other. Fun times, first time hitting 50. I've started relic quest, but I'm dying to see some content. And also get geared enough to see content. I'm only lowly ilvl 57 atm. What's the best steps to see everything that there is to see? Do people still run CT or the older raids and dungeouns?
People still do the old stuff but it's often filled with people who have either done it to death or outgear it, so if you're looking for challenge will probably be disappointed for most of that. If you just hit 50 I'd work on getting soldiery tome stuff and doing the post 50 main quests, there are a lot of them.

This document is supposed to be pretty good for new 50s.

barrin87

I'm still new to end game but CT is a good way to get gear and there are always a lot of people running it. I can get into World of Darkness or Syrcus Tower as a dps in under 5 minutes most of the time. LotA takes a bit longer but is still really quick.

I'm on Ragnarok and honestly never really had much of an issue, couldn't fathom people saying they get them all the time.

Until today, where I kept getting a friend request every 10 minutes. I think they opened the server up for new registrations recently as there's a lot of new green shoots running around and I guess that meant a whole lot of new gil spam accounts too.

On Ultros.

If I forget to go busy as soon as I sign in, I'll get at least three within five minutes.

If I go unbusy to do a group with my friends or do a hunt I get at least one message every time.

Late night/early mornings, if I happen to not be busy I'll get gil spam tells AND friend requests from spammers.

Like I said, it's a minor inconvenience, but it annoys me like nothing else.

BadRNG

Soot black is crafted by any crafter at level 30 (or if you have high enough ixali reputation, bought from vendor). Pure black is from retainer quick ventures, it's 100% random and cannot be traded through normal means.

Crafting the soot (or any other dye) is really really cheap, so if it seems very expensive on MB I'd ask someone to either make it or buy it from vendor for you.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
thanks for the replies guys. whats the best way to farm tomes?

also, are there any addons for healers that are popular?

Best way to farm tomes are daily roulettes (Expert, Trial and High Level). Final Coil also gives 30 poetics a clear but obviously requires being able to consistently farm it.
There's no addons for this game, really, except for parsers, but the UI is readable and customizable enough that you shouldn't really ever need addons.

Leunam

Where are people leveling from 30-34 nowadays? I took a break for about a year and back then Costa del Sol rocked pretty hard, but lately I've only been doing FATEs with three or four other people. Maybe I'm hopping on at the wrong time?

rubius01

Where are people leveling from 30-34 nowadays? I took a break for about a year and back then Costa del Sol rocked pretty hard, but lately I've only been doing FATEs with three or four other people. Maybe I'm hopping on at the wrong time?

Its either costa or coerthus. Pr the best way is to do your roulette dailies. But game is in the pre-expansion douldrums.

when is june again?

IvorB

Coerthas was pretty busy the last time I was there. Costa not so much. :-( N. Than is often very busy but that's level 40 stuff. Depends on the server to I guess.

suzu

Question, do we have any idea if the expansion will be shared with all consoles you own? Or do you have to rebuy for each console? =/

It won't be shared. Yes.

If you buy the Windows version of Heavensward, you will only be able to access that content from your PC. If you want to login on your PS4, you won't be able to if you've logged out your character in a Heavensward area.

It won't be shared. Yes.

If you buy Windows version of Heavensward, you will only be able to access that content from your PC. If you want to login on your PS4, you won't be able to if you've logged out your character in a Heavensward area.

That is rather annoying....thanks for the heads up. Ill let my friends know.

Second and last question: do we know how much the pricing for the expansion alone going to be?

Tirod

The Live Letter decides whether I go into the expansion right away as a Scholar, or no life powerlevel Astrologian to 50 so I can then do the expansion.

I love the Star Globe and cards, but need more specifics on abilities.

Anyone got a good opener/general rotation for BRD? I think some of these youtube vids might be out of date so I don't know how reliable they are. I mean this one I just watched had this guy popping all of his buffs before doing his opener. That to me just sounds wrong to me going off what I've learned playing other classes.

Between B4B/IR/HawkEye/RagingStrikes it just seems like a lot of self buffs and I've been wondering how to maximize them before putting up DoTs. Or at least it feels like I should have them all up before Venom/Wind Bite-please correct me if I'm wrong. I also feel like Blood letter should be down before DoTs go up as well.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Is the live letter going now? I need Dark Knight info!
It's in the morning.

t1432224000z4.png

I'm on Balmung and I swear I rarely get gil spam. I remember it was bad in the early days when my chat log was just full of gil spammers and I could just stand in certain places in town and see their mouths running a mile a minute.

Now I rarely get anything. In a three hour play session I maybe get a few easily ignored messages. I see plenty of bots in specific areas but their existence doesn't bother me.

RPGCrazied

Is this live letter thing in english? Probably won't be getting Heavenward anytime soon, my highest job is a level 44 Bard, and a level 33 Dragoon.

Any news on Stables be used other than in a house? I really want to change my chocobo's color, but will never own a house cause I will never have that much gil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom