• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceface

Wow they really added a whole lot of variation to the old BLM rotation...seems like a lot of room added for individual skill, I'm liking this approach.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
BLM:
Ley-lines: 30 sec AOE that gives the caster Haste as long as they're staying inside. Cancelled upon leaving the AOE area.
Sharp Cast: guarantees Firestarter and Thundercloud procs
Enokian: 30s? buff that lets you cast Fire IV while under AF and Blizzard IV while under UI, however neither of those refresh their respective status. Usage of Blizzard IV extends active timer for Enokian by 5 s.

Awesome, wonder what Bard looks like. I did see some of the Dragoon ones.

Bard seems to have a lot of charged shots, not sure what's up if they're changing them to a more static role or what, but most of what they've shown they stand around with their hand on their quiver for like a second before shooting.

Paladin has more than one new combo apparently.

Rage of Halone combo.

DoT combo

And they stated there are more options as well.

And more block type abilities as well.

Divine Veil spell that creates a barrier.

aceface

does enochian buff only gets reset from blizzard 4 or can fire 4 too?

Sounded like only blizzard 4. And it restores a little less time on the buff each time.

War getting an ability where you take less damage from the front than you do from the sides or back.

Only Blizzard. Which means the rotation at first will be like Fire IV Fire I Fire IV Fire I until oom then Blizzard III Blizzard IV Thunder Fire III Fire IV etc but you'll have less and less Fire time since you have to switch back to Blizzard IV to extend the buff. Sounds kinda interesting, though not sure how often do you have it up.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Only from Blizzard 4, it's 30 seconds though so you can cast a couple of Fire 4's then Blizzard 3 -> Blizzard 4 to reset the enokian buff for another 25 seconds. Rinse and repeat to reset again and get another 20 seconds, etc....

aceface

Yeah but I mean, I still have actions to unlock for the THM like Fire/Bliz/Thun III. If I get to 50BLM without unlocking them as a THM, will I be able to use them¿

Yes, when you level up BLM you level THM simultaneously and you get access to Job skills you wouldn't get otherwise along with stat boosts. There is absolutely no reason not to go BLM as soon as you can.

Qvoth

Yeah but I mean, I still have actions to unlock for the THM like Fire/Bliz/Thun III. If I get to 50BLM without unlocking them as a THM, will I be able to use them¿

you will get those abilities as blm as you level it up
basically jobs are just extension of classes, they're not a different thing

Stuart444

When you become BLM, THM continues to level. They level together, you will continue to unlock base class skills while leveling. Your BLM skills will come from job quests.

TRI Mike

I understand. Thanks guys.

Also, I'm told the BLM also gets a couple of skills from the Arcanist. Is this true¿ should I level the Arcanist as well¿

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom