• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valor

Minuet sounds good and makes sense. If you can stop moving and stabilise yourself, you would be able to fire stronger shots. Seems fair enough to me.

Auto attacks lead to a large chunk of total dps, and potency needs to be incredible to make up for missing auto attacks for a large chunk of time. From the brief video there's a huge amount of downtime between attacks in Minuet, so unless it increases your damage by like 200% or something stupid it looks like it would be a dps loss. Not gain.

Qvoth

Alright. How exactly do I become a BLM¿ I'm looking at the wiki and it doesn't seem to say anything. Do I have to take a quest once I'm 15ARC/30THM¿

once you finish your thm 30 quest, if you have archer 15 as well there should be a new quest on the npc inside the guild

Auto attacks lead to a large chunk of total dps, and potency needs to be incredible to make up for missing auto attacks for a large chunk of time. From the brief video there's a huge amount of downtime between attacks in Minuet, so unless it increases your damage by like 200% or something stupid it looks like it would be a dps loss. Not gain.

I don't think they would add a DPS stance that makes you do less DPS than you would without it.

Thing is the information conveyed so far is really vague so we can't see the particulars and how things will actually function.

I want to see the numbers (for everything)!

They could change how autoattacks work/scale though, making them a lot less relevant and stuff. Could also be translation mistake.

Valor

I don't think they would add a DPS stance that makes you do less DPS than you would without it.

Thing is the information conveyed so far is really vague so we can't see the particulars and how things will actually function.

I want to see the numbers (for everything)!

They could change how autoattacks work/scale though, making them a lot less relevant and stuff. Could also be translation mistake.

I want to see numbers too, but these are first impressions. That's what i feel right now, so I'm not super sold on Minuet. I wanted a dps stance and I'm sure it'll be fine, but I'm really skeptical at first glance/bad translation/explanations.

IvorB

Yeah cancelling the auto-attack is pretty rough. No barrage too I guess. They must have had a reason for it though...

Aetherflow now 60secs and :( no new egis means no new fairies for scholar

Edit: derp, forgot it is 60secs currently. Not played summoner/scholar in a while

They could at least give the Egi's new models. Maybe when they get their new skills their appearance would upgrade into a more formidable form.

Or they could keep them at the same potato shapes as before (seems what they are doing, sorry guys).

BadRNG

I totally called that fuse-with-egi mechanic! That could be cool.

Also did holy just heal. Holy spam getting even better.

Omnicent

so an aoe regen field where you heal inside it? hmm
dps and healing at the same time sheeeiiit. So how about some other mana restoring abilities? no... oh well

Oh an Aoe healing area!?

An attack that heals and attacks at same time!?

A DoT attack!?

White Mages gonna be dpsing in dungeons runs more often! GLORIOUS

So now SMN to renamed Dragon caster/ Dragon Invocateur? They may as well at this point. Only SMN in the franchise to only get 3 actual summons and limited interaction with them lol

BadRNG

Scything kicking them when they're down. For shame.

yfiEdKq.jpg

"Let's just homogenize healers as much as possible" - YoshiP
What in the world is this.
A developer that cares about balance?

I wouldn't judge based on what we're hearing right now since it's too vague. It seems like there's some difficulties with the translation so I'm looking forward to a detailed write up and/or English translation of the in-game skills.

Baleoce

I still don't like the overall makeup of SMN in this game.

Too much emphasis on master damage. If anything you should put up debuffs etc on enemies as master that weaken the mobs vulnerability to your pets moves. And you can throw up the debuffs tactically. Idk. Will have to see how it plays in 3.0, Seen as it is staying like this, I'm glad for SMN in general that they're streamlining DoT application though. No new egis boo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom