• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baleoce

During development, we thought long and hard about this, but we will not be adding new egi at this time. Looking at the long-term, instead of adding more pets, we felt it better to give more use to the job by adding actions to summoner. However, I’m sure many are wondering if they will have to continue looking at the same egi forever, but we are planning to add a system in the future that will allow you to change the appearance of your egis, including Carbuncle, but their stats will remain the same.

:lol

BadRNG

It's stuff like this that makes it hard to believe Yoshida whenever he talks about features far off. It's not the first time he's backpedaled on something previously confirmed.

That said it's a good point, adding more and more unique egis will just make it harder and harder to balance them. They had a hell of a time just balancing Ifrit/Garuda against each other. Being able to glamor your egi into different forms is a good compromise. That also means they can add a bunch more, even during normal patches, rather than only getting one or two an expansion.

IvorB

I really wanted them to add some more complexity to the Black Mage play style and it seems like they were on the same page. I can't wait to see how all that new stuff will interact with the setup as it currently stands. Fire IV looked amazing and you can't go wrong with Haste.

I'm also intrigued by the astrologian. Sounds like it could be pretty frantic juggling the cards on the fly to get the best result. I can't lie that I wish it wasn't a healer class though...

Critical Elk

Neo Member
Bayohne said:
New action: Indomitability
A new AoE healing action will supplement scholar’s current AoE healing strength, which may have felt a bit weak up until now.

New action: Deployment Tactics
This action will extend the effect of Adloquium and Eye for an Eye that is on the target player to other party members in range.

New action: Emergency Tactics
Instead of adding a barrier effect to Adloquium, this action will give addition healing power for the amount of the effect of the barrier.

New action: Dissipation
With this action, you dismiss your fairy in exchange for magic power.

So emergency tactics turns adlo into cure II, Indomitability is our cure III, sacrifice a fairy for divine seal...

Here's hoping e.t. gets localized into priest stance. *insert frumix rage*

Adlo+e4e bane is pretty cool, though.

More specifics here.

scy

It's stuff like this that makes it hard to believe Yoshida whenever he talks about features far off. It's not the first time he's backpedaled on something previously confirmed.

That said it's a good point, adding more and more unique egis will just make it harder and harder to balance them. They had a hell of a time just balancing Ifrit/Garuda against each other. Being able to glamor your egi into different forms is a good compromise. That also means they can add a bunch more, even during normal patches, rather than only getting one or two an expansion.

And, realistically, it's the only thing people even wanted? New pets for the sake of being different. Balancing a million pets is a nightmare and nobody could really figure out what new pets would even do. Just have Caster Pet, Melee Pet, and Tank Pet and give them skins or hats or whatever.

You have already gotten enough today. Stay away from our hats.

they didnt get their spell speed buff, so Im assuming all the heavensward gear will just be spell speed

Man. People like you (aka The Worst) are the reason every other class gets some form of stack management and bards get "Just... stand there" as our major class change.

gotta manage how many times your head nods while you're falling asleep when you just stand there pressing heavy shot over and over

iammeiam

they didnt get their spell speed buff, so Im assuming all the heavensward gear will just be spell speed

That's almost certainly still coming, alongside the promised skillspeed change, though? It's just not flashy enough/too complicated to break out on a liveletter.

There were probably massive balance changes to a number of stats that they didn't talk about? I mean, look at the HP and MP in the level-synced 54 trial. If Dread gear is supposed to be current up through mid-50s, something is very different there?

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Just because they didn't mention it today doesn't mean they aren't getting it. The descriptions they gave were very brief and didn't even contain all the abilities teased, let alone their effects. Like... what are new Ninja's abilities even? Besides the enmity redirection skill? What does Assize do really? What's the Blood of the Dragon really like? And so on so forth. I'm pretty sure more detailed rebalancing data will come in 3.0 patch notes.

That's almost certainly still coming, alongside the promised skillspeed change, though? It's just not flashy enough/too complicated to break out on a liveletter.

There were probably massive balance changes to a number of stats that they didn't talk about? I mean, look at the HP and MP in the level-synced 54 trial. If Dread gear is supposed to be current up through mid-50s, something is very different there?

skill/spell speed now equate to health

edgefusion

Just because they didn't mention it today doesn't mean they aren't getting it. The descriptions they gave were very brief and didn't even contain all the abilities teased, let alone their effects. Like... what are new Ninja's abilities even? Besides the enmity redirection skill? What does Assize do really? What's the Blood of the Dragon really like? And so on so forth. I'm pretty sure more detailed rebalancing data will come in 3.0 patch notes.

Buff to ass size obviously. YoshiP heard our cries.

DJIzana

Both Paladin and Machinist still look so appealing!!!

I'm not sure how Paladin's will function with those new combos but if I don't end up liking the Machinist, I guarantee you that I'll go back to Paladin.

My ideal class isn't in the game either yet so at least decision making isn't all that hard. Hopefully they consider adding Beast Master later on.

Sounds great

Carbuncle > Egis

Damn it! now i gotta main smn again i miss my carby!

JP20130724_1.jpg

So damn cute, sooner them egis gtfo the better!

Valor

Man. People like you (aka The Worst) are the reason every other class gets some form of stack management and bards get "Just... stand there" as our major class change.

OH I'M SORRY, I THOUGHT I WAS A NINJA. Make up your little pug-crazy mind.

There are definitely other Bardo things they didn't touch on, which is kind of disappointing.

There are definitely other Bardo things they didn't touch on, which is kind of disappointing.

she still believes you are a bard in the bottom of your heart. remember your roots!

BadRNG

Embargo is May 26.
That's like five years from now Kagari, how we supposed to wait that long.

If you are infact "The Worst", then you are in a perpetual state of awful. At any given moment you are whatever you need to be to be bad. This is why you can simultaneously be the source of bad bard news while being a traitorous ninja.

It's quite impressive, really.

iammeiam

You are. Your past association with bard has just tainted the class forever, apparently. GG.

It's also your fault Ninjas now have positionals.

certain ppl dont want me to heal so im going back to my roots of dying a lot and letting ppl carry me. sorry angary im taking your spot

It's fine. I'm just going to main fisher again anyway.

Great stuff for the most part!

I hope the next job they release will be a pet job because at this point they should just call Summoner something else. No new egis? Makes sense since they don't even know what to do with the ones we already have. It was funny seeing the new abilities trailer and have the pet just stand there the entire time not doing anything.

RPGCrazied

Yay, get to fight Titan again, this time with a Dragoon. Should be fun, not! Last time I struggled with it as a Bard, but finally managed.

Valor

If you are infact "The Worst", then you are in a perpetual state of awful. At any given moment you are whatever you need to be to be bad. This is why you can simultaneously be the source of bad bard news while being a traitorous ninja.

It's quite impressive, really.

You are. Your past association with bard has just tainted the class forever, apparently. GG.

I can't really argue any of this. The logic is sound. Maybe it's time to fly into the sunset and reflect upon the choices I have made.

It's fine. I'm just going to main fisher again anyway.

you cant clear content on a fisher, silly. I expect you to be doing real progression in alexander. You already are talking about openers and fcob strats. Just move into your tower

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I have exciting news! Put succor on your hotbar: aoe adlo! :O
I have unfortunate news, succor sucks

Edit: to be precise about why this is a big deal.

Critical adlo on a warrior can reach well past 3k at times. You are giving that to everyone in stack up situations. Vs a shit 700 shield or 1100 one if you critical on someone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom