• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allard

I have exciting news! Put succor on your hotbar: aoe adlo! :O

When Succor has the added "Double buff on critical" that Adlo has... then I might agree its nice, but in the mean time Adlo is stronger and potentially ridiculously strong if this new ability is timed right after a critical.

Allard

Can someone summarise without sarcasm lol the scholar changes? Having just hit 50, if there are minimal changes I'm fine with that.

SCH is getting a bane like ability for SCH only buffs/barriers that works with Adloquiem and Eye for an Eye. Will get an ability that changes the effect of Adloquiem to convert the barrier to additional healing (I Imagine the best utility for this is if you get a critical adlo, you would want to use this buff if the target needs more hp healed then a barrier needed as the extra barrier would just go to waste) a new AOE heal and ability that essentially sacrifices the fairy pet for additional magic power.

Edit:Bah double post should have edited it in my previous comment.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Can someone summarise without sarcasm lol the scholar changes? Having just hit 50, if there are minimal changes I'm fine with that.

Instead of just simply increasing a scholar's abilities, we made adjustments by adding actions that require you to really think about their use and the best time to utilize them. There are many actions which are useful during boss battles, so you may feel that it hasn’t changed much while running through instance dungeons.

New action: Indomitability
A new AoE healing action will supplement scholar’s current AoE healing strength, which may have felt a bit weak up until now.

New action: Deployment Tactics
This action will extend the effect of Adloquium and Eye for an Eye that is on the target player to other party members in range.

New action: Emergency Tactics
Instead of adding a barrier effect to Adloquium, this action will give addition healing power for the amount of the effect of the barrier.

New action: Dissipation
With this action, you dismiss your fairy in exchange for magic power.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...igest-Thread?p=2975274&viewfull=1#post2975274

RIP WHM

pLAorpc.gif

Really disagree with anyone saying any class is irrelevant at this point. Wait till you play the classes with the new abilities and see the specifics and stats before prematurely jumping to conclusions.

Edit: I see SE revealed some of the WHM abilities' names. Glad the world knows about Assize now, can't wait for the mispronunciations. Guess they haven't settled on the final name for the insta heal, it was a bit lengthy so maybe they're changing it.

Critical Elk

Neo Member
When Succor has the added "Double buff on critical" that Adlo has... then I might agree its nice, but in the mean time Adlo is stronger and potentially ridiculously strong if this new ability is timed right after a critical.

Definetly going to be a max spread cap, like bane, to make succor stay relevant. Although maybe it'll just become the sch version of thunder III, and be forever condemned to use before the pull and when sacred soil procs.

Valnen

I feel like adding so many new actions without getting rid of old ones is a mistake. My cross hotbars are already full or damn near it on most jobs. This game is going to have some serious action bar bloat on some jobs, which is unfortunate. I shouldn't need to switch hotbars just to effectively play, the 32 bindings you get by default should be more than enough.

Allard

Heh anyone else notice the beastmen in the tubes in that first floating continent dungeon are winged Ixali? Maybe we might get some more lore related to them for this expansion and more about there homeland.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Heh anyone else notice the beastmen in the tubes in that first floating continent dungeon are winged Ixali? Maybe we might get some more lore related to them for this expansion and more about there homeland.

If you do the beast tribe quests for Ixali, there's a very obvious setup for all this.

Guess it's time to give WTFast another try. Keep getting destroyed by 13 divebombs even though I move early enough in time to dodge both (And I'm not running in Twin's direction either)

Critical Elk

Neo Member
Guess it's time to give WTFast another try. Keep getting destroyed by 13 divebombs even though I move early enough in time to dodge both (And I'm not running in Twin's direction either)

Are you trying to dodge both in one movement, or running perpendicular to bahamut and then dodging twin?

Frumix

Suffering From Success

What kind of latency are you getting and how is it not crippling your ability inputs?
Are you sure you're dodging properly? You need to start moving the very instant green marker appears away from Bahamut's direction - his actual hitbox is much larger than you'd think, then avoid Twin, as her hitbox is much smaller.

Actually the effect from Wanderer's Minuet does not disappear when you move, this is our mistake, and we apologize for the confusion. It is as Seifa mentioned, that if you move while using your actions, then that action will be interrupted.

That's quite a bit nicer than having to recast every single time we move. *This was also just posted in the OF.

Zomba13

So catching up on stuff. Like the song. That video functions as a nice story teaser too.
Cool new moves but c'mon, wtf SE? No new Egi? If you hate Summoners so much, as shown in FFXI and this, why put them in? Yeah, it's work to give a new model to one class so maybe cut down on giving them Bahamut ghost armour and orbital canons and give us a little pruple crystal with a beard or a blue crystal snake and some kinda sorta themed attacks for them.

Wilsongt

So catching up on stuff. Like the song. That video functions as a nice story teaser too.
Cool new moves but c'mon, wtf SE? No new Egi? If you hate Summoners so much, as shown in FFXI and this, why put them in? Yeah, it's work to give a new model to one class so maybe cut down on giving them Bahamut ghost armour and orbital canons and give us a little pruple crystal with a beard or a blue crystal snake and some kinda sorta themed attacks for them.

AHK MORN, BITCHES!

But yeah. I am still salty about how YoshiP is treating SMN's and I can easily change my main, but my heart belongs to the job. =/

Croyles

RIP all of the following:

Paladin
Warrior
Dark Knight
Astrologian
White Mage
Scholar
Monk
Dragoon
Ninja
Bard
Machinist
Black Mage
Summoner

That's quite a bit nicer than having to recast every single time we move. *This was also just posted in the OF.
That's actually pretty good.
I'm still worried about it though. What happens to our Bloodletter procs with the casting time...

Kenai

I'll be cautiously optimistic about the SCH stuff for now. AoE Adlo sounds AMAZING (my shields crit for 4k+ quite often in FcoB) and direct heal Adlo, while niche, still sounds useful.

But I can't wrap my head around a good use for mufti target Eye for an Eye (unless the effect is changing?) and Dissipation would have to be absolutely amazing to give up a Fairy for, to the point where I am not actually sure they can do it properly (prove me wrong SE). All the free healing, mechanics avoidance (lol Briny mirror) and extra range from positioning the fairy seems extremely hard to compensate for with a single CD, without even considering the other abilities like Rouse+Whispering Dawn for burst or Skill/Spell speed boosts.

And I am totally leveling AST. not maining it unless I REALLY dislike the feel of SCH at 60, but that stuff looked really damn cool.

But I can't wrap my head around a good use for mufti target Eye for an Eye (unless the effect is changing?)

T13, you're going from megaflare into gigaflare. Cast eye for an eye on someone, AoE it to ensure maximum coverage and hope it procs.

Remember, it's still only a 20% chance to proc on damage taken. If you spread it to 5 people, that's five instances of 20% chance to proc. It's almost guaranteed to proc off at least someone ensuring the damage reduction is in effect going into the big hit.

Makes sense to me. But it'll still never proc.

unless I'm misunderstanding how the AoE E4E works.

ZiZ

not impressed with the ninja update.

I mean being able to extend huton is nice and it allows you to do other ninjitsus instead. but is that really that big of a boost?

That's actually pretty good.
I'm still worried about it though. What happens to our Bloodletter procs with the casting time...

I'm honestly wondering if some things will be buffed more than others because of that. The slower ability use already means that tp will be a non issue outside of aoe, so are they going to still make people notice bloodletter or are they going to let noobs just heavy shot all day and not notice the proc? Tracking bloodletter procs was one of many ways to tell the good from the bad. This new buff on the other hand seems to let you not care if you track it anymore or not, which is just replacing one noob filter with another.

I mean being able to extend huton is nice and it allows you to do other ninjitsus instead. but is that really that big of a boost?

They barely talked about anything other than that for Ninja. There is obviously more but they were strapped for time to fit all the classes in.

Croyles

I'm honestly wondering if some things will be buffed more than others because of that. The slower ability use already means that tp will be a non issue outside of aoe, so are they going to still make people notice bloodletter or are they going to let noobs just heavy shot all day and not notice the proc? Tracking bloodletter procs was one of many ways to tell the good from the bad. This new buff on the other hand seems to let you not care if you track it anymore or not, which is just replacing one noob filter with another.

Most likely just a case of not seeing the full picture, but effectively taking away our top 2 damage abilities (bloodletter weaving and barrage + buffs) doesn't sound like a dps increase to me yet. The damage increase would have to be huge. I just hope they are accounting for all of this.

IvorB

But I can't wrap my head around a good use for mufti target Eye for an Eye (unless the effect is changing?) and Dissipation would have to be absolutely amazing to give up a Fairy for, to the point where I am not actually sure they can do it properly (prove me wrong SE). All the free healing, mechanics avoidance (lol Briny mirror) and extra range from positioning the fairy seems extremely hard to compensate for with a single CD, without even considering the other abilities like Rouse+Whispering Dawn for burst or Skill/Spell speed boosts.

Can't you just sacrifice it for the buff then swiftcast it back? No idea if that's feasible or not...

Kenai

T13, you're going from megaflare into gigaflare. Cast eye for an eye on someone, AoE it to ensure maximum coverage and hope it procs.

Remember, it's still only a 20% chance to proc on damage taken. If you spread it to 5 people, that's five instances of 20% chance to proc. It's almost guaranteed to proc off at least someone ensuring the damage reduction is in effect going into the big hit.

Makes sense to me. But it'll still never proc.

unless I'm misunderstanding how the AoE E4E works.

The thing about E4E right now is that the person has to take damage (right in the description it says Barrier struck) and most peope outside tanks are not actually going to be struck. I have never seen E4E go through a full duration without proccing either. Not once.

The one time I could see this mattering is in T13 during adds phases where both tanks are close and also taking heavy damage (so like Sin/Blood/Storm adds). but outside of bleeding progression that seems like total overkill which is pretty disappointing.

E$E's effect could change some though i guess? Seems totally plausible that we dunno everything about even current skills yet since there's some confirmed to be changing.

BLCKATK

Does the Scholar bane-like ability spread adloqieum as well? Because if thats the case, it will probably more useful for that. Jobs that fight a close range could benefit from a large critical shield from a Warrior with Convalescence, way more effective than a normal succor would be. The Eye for an Eye spread is situational but I could see an Adlo spread being much more useful.

Kenai

Does the Scholar bane-like ability spread adloqieum as well? Because if thats the case, it will probably more useful for that. Jobs that fight a close range could benefit from a large critical shield from a Warrior with Convalescence, way more effective than a normal succor would be. The Eye for an Eye spread is situational but I could see an Adlo spread being much more useful.

From what i can see you cast Adlo on one person and the shield (healing too?) effect splashes to everyone nearby. So quite useful for melee teams dealing with cleaves, things like t11 dual tank soaking, ect.

unless it is literally cast Aldo/ cast bane/copy said adlo which is going to be like a second ss2 and pretty rad soak to couple with sacred soul ect

Valor

This new buff on the other hand seems to let you not care if you track it anymore or not, which is just replacing one noob filter with another.
I don't see it this way at all. You don't have to charge your shots under the new buff. You're able to. So you can just keep doing the same old stuff or cancel the charge shot for Bloodletter. Depending on the damage increase from charged shots, charging a shot may be worth the 1-1.5 seconds of missed Bloodletter downtime.

Most likely just a case of not seeing the full picture, but effectively taking away our top 2 damage abilities (bloodletter weaving and barrage + buffs) doesn't sound like a dps increase to me yet. The damage increase would have to be huge. I just hope they are accounting for all of this.
I still think the damage has to be something like +100% potency buff for it to be worthwhile. If auto attacks are 100 potency, increasing 50% on Heavy shot brings you from 150 -> 225 versus 250 with auto attack + Heavy Shot. That's a DPS loss. 300 versus 250 would actually turn that into a DPS gain, which would make it more useful. The charge time appears to be the same as a regular GCD, but I guess the downside is that you can't pop oGCDs during charges? Maybe you can? Still a lot of unanswered questions about the Minuet, which I guess is fine since we heard about it not even twelve hours ago. Still, I just wanna know ;-;

Wilsongt

Huh. Just noticed in the Dragonsong video that you're walking with Ice Heart and that dragoon. So maybe she's not a big villain?

BadRNG

It wouldn't work in that example because E4E only procs off physical attacks, and there's really not of ton of non-avoidable aoe physical attacks in this game. Like Kenai said they could obviously change how it works but as is it would not be super useful.

Huh. Just noticed in the Dragonsong video that you're walking with Ice Heart and that dragoon. So maybe she's not a big villain?
The big dog-like dragon thing is Nidhogg in that scene, she is probably taking us to meet with him. I'm guessing the story will be about bringing some sort of peace between the Ishgardians/Dravians rather than just "kill all dem evil dragons".

Qvoth

not sure how that will go actually since she's directly responsible for the latest attack on ishgard at the end of the story
in the new dragonsong trailer, the drg without the helmet is the azure dragoon or is that supposed to be the player character who was war?
who's the white drg? and the red drg? i thought the other npc is azure drg, but isn't azure blue?

Wilsongt

not sure how that will go actually since she's directly responsible for the latest attack on ishgard at the end of the story
in the new dragonsong trailer, the drg without the helmet is the azure dragoon or is that supposed to be the player character who was war?
who's the white drg? and the red drg? i thought the other npc is azure drg, but isn't azure blue?

That was Ice Heart, that DRG storyline DRG (I think), Alphi, and the player.

grimmiq

The Azure Dragoon is Elezen, so can't be him. My guess is each of the coloured Dragoons will
be linked to one of the wyrms (There are 8, right? Midgardsormr and his 7 children?) We know the former warrior of light is now tied to Midgardsormr, Estinien (Azure) is linked to Nidhogg, so there might be 6 others linked to the other children of Midgard
Everyone seemed curious as to why
Nidhogg didn't join in the attack as his appearance would've guaranteed success, so maybe he's against the attacks and will be the good wyrm we deal with.

Ziz pls.

I think it will be a good boost we don't know for sure how it will turn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom