• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGCrazied

Lol, Titan was so simple now that I did it once before on my Bard. This was a few days ago, I'm almost level 42 on my Dragoon. Just unlocked stone vigil.

kierwynn

Praise be to Bara- he gave me a blessing of fish and I received an olgoi. My final one!

Mozg8mx.jpg

lttp but idc I'm glad I actually did it after like 4 months. Now to live the clam life. Hopefully I can finish that before whatever terrible thing they add into HW to fish.

nickcv

Some dungeons are indeed boring. Tam Tara is extremely long, full of trash and with the first two boss boring and with no creativity.

In contrast sastasha is much better designed

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I sometimes fall asleep during LLDR stuff.

You'll know when this happens when I start running into a wall until I regain consciousness.
For me the ER dungeons are the worst, because you're running through the same few every day. I was regularly falling asleep during Snowcloak and sometimes even dying 2-3 times per run because of that.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
After joining a bunch of random T5s today I have come to the conclusion that anyone that says they're "helping their friend get their clear" has told their friend absolutely nothing about the fight for the sole purpose of watching them repeatedly get obliterated by Twisters.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
After joining a bunch of random T5s today I have come to the conclusion that anyone that says they're "helping their friend get their clear" has told their friend absolutely nothing about the fight for the sole purpose of watching them repeatedly get obliterated by Twisters.

Better than a guy in T6 who somehow doesn't know what a castbar is.

Tomat

Better than a guy in T6 who somehow doesn't know what a castbar is.
People being new to T5 doesn't bother me, they've got to learn somehow. It's just that you would think the person taking them might give some warning like "This thing will fucking MURDER you if you don't do this."

But seriously how to you make it to T6 without knowing what a cast bar is holy shit

Tomat

Applied for GAF guild finally.

Just have to find someone online to apply in-game lol.

Pick any one of the capital cities, there's usually at least one member running around. I applied online today as well.

I checked, didn't see anyone. I'll try again after dungeon.

Easiest way is to run to the FC house, assuming you're high enough to have access to Limsa. You go to Limsa, exit into lower la noscea(I think it was lower at least), go to The Mist from there, then you pick the first instance and the FC house is the large house to the north of the zone, can't really miss it, it'll have dozen of potatoes doing weird noises and a bunch of catgirls standing awkardly too close to each other. If you've done the housing quests you can even just TP there from the Limsa aetheryte.

Sora_N

Easiest way is to run to the FC house, assuming you're high enough to have access to Limsa. You go to Limsa, exit into lower la noscea(I think it was lower at least), go to The Mist from there, then you pick the first instance and the FC house is the large house to the north of the zone, can't really miss it, it'll have dozen of potatoes doing weird noises and a bunch of catgirls standing awkardly too close to each other. If you've done the housing quests you can even just TP there from the Limsa aetheryte.

I'm MIqo'te, that sounds fun lol

EDIT: Found the house but I applied through the search for the house in that menu.

ebil

Some dungeons are indeed boring. Tam Tara is extremely long, full of trash and with the first two boss boring and with no creativity.

In contrast sastasha is much better designed
Tam Tara was the first dungeon they designed, it's not surprising the other 2 starting dungeons are better. It used to be even longer (!) with an optional boss (Bockman, who's been repurposed into a Guildhest). I thought having optional content was pretty cool even though I get why they'd want to cut it with DF.
I remember it taking on average 35-40 minutes to complete during alpha. They changed it reading feedback and likely designed the other dungeons with that feedback in mind.

Pretty sure Toto-Rak was one of the first dungeons they designed as well as it was available for previews and early betas. I imagine being a remnant of 1.0 didn't help either. But yeah, what a slog.

I'm looking forward to heavensward's dungeons as they now have 2 years worth of experience and feedback. I imagine the experience will at least feel more consistent.
looking forward to Demon Wall 3.0

Stuart444

I'm MIqo'te, that sounds fun lol

EDIT: Found the house but I applied through the search for the house in that menu.

Welcome to the FC then :)

Pretty sure Toto-Rak was one of the first dungeons they designed as well as it was available for previews and early betas. I imagine being a remnant of 1.0 didn't help either. But yeah, what a slog.

My only issue with toto is honestly the last section of the dungeon with that green shit that slows us down. :/

RPGCrazied

I wanted to buy the black dye on the marketplace thinking it would be cheap. What the hell, thousands of gil just for like 3 of them. :/

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I wanted to buy the black dye on the marketplace thinking it would be cheap. What the hell, thousands of gil just for like 3 of them. :/

If it's the soot black or other non-rare varieties, you can make it from grey pigment if you have a crafter at 30, or ask somebody you know to make it for you, or at the very least have someone you know buy it from Ixali if they've done that Beast Tribe to completion. People often relist cheap items on MB banking on people not going out of their way for it. And they're right.

RPGCrazied

If it's the soot black or other non-rare varieties, you can make it from black pigment if you have a crafter at 30, or ask somebody you know to make it for you, or at the very least have someone you know buy it from Ixali if they've done that Beast Tribe to completion. People often relist cheap items on MB banking on people not going out of their way for it. And they're right.

How do I go about doing what it takes to buy from Ixali? Does it take raiding?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
How do I go about doing what it takes to buy from Ixali? Does it take raiding?

Ixali quests are dailies for crafting (you can start doing them pretty early as any crafting class however).
If you want to undertake them yourself, the starting quest is in Gridania, but maxing out the rep will take a little while.

RPGCrazied

Ixali quests are dailies for crafting (you can start doing them pretty early as any crafting class however).
If you want to undertake them yourself, the starting quest is in Gridania, but maxing out the rep will take a little while.

Forget that, guess I better start saving gil. lol

Forget that, guess I better start saving gil. lol

Any crafting class can make all dyes, takes level 30. That said, they should be cheap. You might be very low level if you think 5000 or whatever they're selling for is a lot, in which case spending money on dyes is probably not super useful. I'd give you a bunch but I need to reactivate my account, think I'll do that next week.

RPGCrazied

Any crafting class can make all dyes, takes level 30. That said, they should be cheap. You might be very low level if you think 5000 or whatever they're selling for is a lot, in which case spending money on dyes is probably not super useful. I'd give you a bunch but I need to reactivate my account, think I'll do that next week.

I'd appreciate that! I only have about 44k on my Dragoon. I was saving for a house, but that isn't going to happen. :p

I'd appreciate that! I only have about 44k on my Dragoon. I was saving for a house, but that isn't going to happen. :p

Well you should probably look into making some money regardless, spiritbinding or something, it sucks being poor ^^. Anyway if you still need when I resub I'll give you some, but as I said, it's probably not before next week if that. Though maybe later this week, I think I want to get some poetics for my AST so we'll see when I get motivated. Maybe someone else in the FC could give you some too though. Note that Soot Black isn't pure black, you can preview dyes by using the dye option(you just won't be able to actually dye without the pots obviously).

RPGCrazied

Well you should probably look into making some money regardless, spiritbinding or something, it sucks being poor ^^. Anyway if you still need when I resub I'll give you some, but as I said, it's probably not before next week if that. Though maybe later this week, I think I want to get some poetics for my AST so we'll see when I get motivated. Maybe someone else in the FC could give you some too though. Note that Soot Black isn't pure black, you can preview dyes by using the dye option(you just won't be able to actually dye without the pots obviously).

My bard is in the gaf guild, but not my dragoon. Yes, I made another character. I wanted a different race. I wish I could just send him an invite from my bard character. I don't know how alts are handled with the guild.

dramatis

My bard is in the gaf guild, but not my dragoon. Yes, I made another character. I wanted a different race. I wish I could just send him an invite from my bard character. I don't know how alts are handled with the guild.
You could have used a fantasia potion on your bard character to change race. A free fantasia is given to everyone who has subbed for at least a month.

Apply in-game with your dragoon character stating the name of your bard character and mention that you're an alt. If you don't intend to play the bard character any longer, we'll purge it from the FC.

RPGCrazied

You could have used a fantasia potion on your bard character to change race. A free fantasia is given to everyone who has subbed for at least a month.

Apply in-game with your dragoon character stating the name of your bard character and mention that you're an alt. If you don't intend to play the bard character any longer, we'll purge it from the FC.

Yeah, but I want to keep both races! :) I plan on playing both, but more on the Dragoon right now. I think I'll finish the story on my Dragoon. My Bard's name is Ayperos Ray, my Dragoon is Dagnarus Ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom