• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

MogCakes

I'm getting upwards of 3 second lag. Is anyone else experiencing this? Could be my area getting high traffic, but I want to be sure.

dramatis

Always with that Bard hate. Sheesh, you sound like a Sanctum soldier.

FFXIII reference. No shame.

tumblr_ngjlocoC8g1qa9dopo2_500.gif

I've reached level 40 White Mage and defeated Titan, that battle was quite stressful as we got wiped twice during the Heart part but it felt so good when we finally won.

I'm just doing story missions and ignoring everything else like the crafting jobs, is there something else I should be doing? I wonder if I'll finish the whole story before the exp drops.

RPGCrazied

I've reached level 40 White Mage and defeated Titan, that battle was quite stressful as we got wiped twice during the Heart part but it felt so good when we finally won.

I'm just doing story missions and ignoring everything else like the crafting jobs, is there something else I should be doing? I wonder if I'll finish the whole story before the exp drops.

As long as you free people from the granite gaols, and stay on the edge when he jump slams, its pretty simple. And yeah, don't get hit with his fist pounding the ground, the red line, it will knock you the freak off the cliff. I can't imagine doing this fight though with a caster and can't move around as much.

Well it takes a while, but you also have a lot of time left. You probably have like 30-40hours of stuff to do before you get there, and like 20ish days or something, so it isn't too bad if you can afford one solid weekend.

I have discovered that Bard life is the life for me. I normally main SCH/WHM and it always seemed like Bards were always having the most fun whenever I was in a party with them. Hoping around the field constantly firing off a string of attacks compared to the other classes like BLM and SMN who didn't seem all that interesting to me.

Oh and after running WoD 14 times between today and Saturday I've finally seen two Bard items drop, body and gloves, and got both of them since the other Bard in our group passed on them.

Baleoce

Bank Holiday, had the day off. Thought I'd spend it trying to get the dungeon atma stage of relic done. 20 runs later and nothing to show for it.

Scher

You probably have plenty of time to get the story done. Once you get to level 50 and you get to the post-2.0 story, it's mostly going to be running around and talking to people.

As for doing other things, no need to do anything except what you want to do! There will be plenty of time to do crafting and other stuff once the expansion hits.

RPGCrazied

I have a question about font size. Been bugging me lately. I play on a TV, so I need to make things bigger than default. I got the UI right and duty list. But its the chat log I'm having problems with. I know how to change the size, but it only seems to affect the "say" box, once entered it turns into small text. I can't figure it out.

Anyone?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I have a question about font size. Been bugging me lately. I play on a TV, so I need to make things bigger than default. I got the UI right and duty list. But its the chat log I'm having problems with. I know how to change the size, but it only seems to affect the "say" box, once entered it turns into small text. I can't figure it out.

Anyone?

c63ab09297.jpg

I think that's what you're looking for.

Jayhawk

More people joining the FC! I'm less than 10 away from reaching 200 friends, then I will have won against RMT. I don't go on 'Busy' status because people still expect me to craft.

Croyles

Is there still a lot of people online? I remember the chat being very lively. I'm sure more will join/re-join as Heavensward comes closer.

There's a bit of a natural lull during this pre-Heavensward period, but it will ramp up again when that releases.

Stuart444

Is there still a lot of people online? I remember the chat being very lively. I'm sure more will join/re-join as Heavensward comes closer.

Depends on the day. There is more on right now than I would normally expect during a Monday daytime. Weekends are the busiest times.

Once the expansion is out however, I'm sure it will be busy every day/night for a good while.

Can't wait :D I enjoy it when the chat is busy.

edit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/377ck8/8man_st_run_fun_and_possible/

Some guys on Ultros set up an 8-man ST. Sounds like fun haha.

Tomat

Pffft, 80 percent of the guild keeps to themselves.

For real? Come on GAF don't be like that. This thread lead me to believe everyone here was BFFs.

P.S. let me in I applied yesterday and I really need friends. I know a whopping two people on Ultros.

Pffft, 80 percent of the guild keeps to themselves.

I don't get this attitude. I mean, welcome to society where people have friends they generally play with more than others? And that's not even entirely the case.

I don't have much experience in other guilds but GAF to me is a pretty active FC where people are open to running with a bunch of people, chat and and have a good bit of fun.

If you're talking about coil stuff then that's just the nature of the beast? People run with those they know and it's likely always gonna be that way. But even still there are help nights and stuff.

I really don't get posts like these. They come off as unnecessarily bitter for some reason? Generally in GAF it seems like a lot of people have a good time and run a variety of stuff with each other. There are always people willing to help with stuff and people shouldn't be afraid to ask for company on stuff.

aceface

Please noooo

The guild is friendly. There's plenty of talk, but more during North American primetime hours. You can join mumble if you want, and there's plenty of random shenanigans that go on there, but it's by no means necessary.

Edit: What Phillip said ^^

I speak from experience! Anyways I just find it cheesy when the only time people feel like speaking up only when they need something, like a carry. Then they go back to their cliques...zzzz

What experience is this, I'm genuinely curious.

Man, and I was enjoying a nice, head-clearing walk around my village in the evening. I hate you for linking me to this stuff scy

Item Box

What tigerkiddo said is true to an extent though. While the number isn't that high, there is a unusual amount of people who just register to the FC and never make themselves known.

Kinda like people who live alone that use their TV as background noise. Guess they want to feel like they're not playing by themselves or maybe just using the FC as an anchor for party finding.

It seems like you need to use Mumble nowadays if you want to form more than a superficial connection.

best way to get known sans mumble is to talk about tacos every 5 minutes

Unless I'm readying his post the wrong way, and if I am I apologise Ktai, but it sounds like he's giving out about the cliquish aspect of a social group as opposed to those who register and keep to themselves.

Jayhawk

There have complaints about cliques in the past, but cliques are going to happen in any large community. Welcome to high school?

Valor

There have complaints about cliques in the past, but cliques are going to happen in any large community. Welcome to high school?

It's been over 10 years since I've been in High School.

Which way to the coffin store? I need to make my arrangements.

"Nowadays"

This is me whenever I get up from my chair.

I lied. More like it was always the way to go for making friends with others. I remember playing WoW and talking to people to co-ordinate things and joke around. It also frees up your hands for other things since you don't need to type out messages in order to communicate.

In-game chat feels very cheap/throwaway if that makes any sense. Don't get me wrong you can still communicate with others via chat and have it work out, but voice chat is a bit of a different beast in terms of what you can do with it.

What tigerkiddo said is true to an extent though. While the number isn't that high, there is a unusual amount of people who just register to the FC and never make themselves known.

Kinda like people who live alone that use their TV as background noise. Guess they want to feel like they're not playing by themselves or maybe just using the FC as an anchor for party finding.

best way to get known sans mumble is to talk about tacos every 5 minutes

Cliques will naturally form, that's expected. But what I think concerns people when they think about getting on voice chat in guilds are the cliques being too exclusive to the point that they completely ignore people who aren't part of it but are trying to participate.

I haven't been on voice chat for years so I can't really say anything about the GAF FC's voice chat.

Maybe I should infiltrate the channels and lurk. :p

What I'm liking about Ninja so far is the sheer amount of actions you have to use to be successful. By that I mean attacking while weaving in offGCDs and timing the mudras properly while keeping your DoTs up and keeping track of enemies/AOEs/etc.

That's why I 'm looking forward to Heavensward in the combat department since every class will have even more things to use and keep track of in order to be effective.

Tomat

Just got to the opening Ninja cutscenes with the Karasu guy.

This was not what I expected at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom