• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I love it. There's far more posing going on than I would have expected.

Jeels

I've been told there's a T13 group being put together. Please add me, it's the last content I want to clear.

I didn't find a guildwork thread on it so checking in here..

Stuart444

I've been told there's a T13 group being put together. Please add me, it's the last content I want to clear.

I didn't find a guildwork thread on it so checking in here..

Can always post in the FCCCoB thread (link) saying you need T13. Thanks to FCCCoB, I've got up to T12 down and hoping to get T13 down during the weekend.

Also on the topic of talking to people in chat. I always try to talk and make friends with people when I can. :D and I'm generally willing to help when I can.

GAF is a good FC, plenty of friendly people regardless of how many people 'keep to themselves' <3

Valor

It's super hammy in a great way. Ninja's job quests are actually pretty ok. Pity actually levelling the class from an ability standpoint is kinda boring.

But guys I need my Ninja gear because it'll be level 50 soon before expansion eventually sometime in the near future
probably?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
When am I going to get my Final Fantasy VIII Toyota Echo mount?

67Y3FBK.jpg

Tomat

So how many hours will lv25 to lv50 story take lol.

Depends on how much attention you give the story. Doing your daily roulette, blowing through story quests, and doing your challenge log (go unlock that if you don't have it) can be done in a week or two. Probably faster if you've got the time.

Depends on how much attention you give the story. Doing your daily roulette, blowing through story quests, and doing your challenge log (go unlock that if you don't have it) can be done in a week or two. Probably faster if you've got the time.

fffffffff I totally missed that.

So how many hours will lv25 to lv50 story take lol.

You're the GAF member I met while doing my daily roulette, right? :D

Sora_N

fffffffff I totally missed that.

You're the GAF member I met while doing my daily roulette, right? :D

Yep! lol. Now waiting to get accepted into GAF FC.

I thought it was required to finish story mode to play the expansion? Yeah I don't know how much time I can put in this due to work/life. Just gonna push through some story quests tonight.

Why is this game not The Witcher 3 and can I turn it into The Witcher 3

pls assist. I do not see this in the FAQ.

{Can you do it for me?} {Please} {Free Company}

Tomat

I thought it was required to finish story mode to play the expansion? Yeah I don't know how much time I can put in this due to work/life. Just gonna push through some story quests tonight.
It is. I'd still recommend making it a habit of doing your low level dungeon roulette every day just because you may hit parts of the story where there's a lull between quests due to your level. Some of the challenge log entries will come from simply doing your dungeon roulette or doing fates/guildhests if you're interested in trying those.

1-2 weeks is probably still reasonable even if you're pretty casual about going through the story.

You should always do your Low Level Duty Roulette each day that you play. Combined with the experience you gain in the dungeon itself and the LLDR EXP bonus upon completion, you're looking at half or more of your current level's XP.

You'll really appreciate this when you're doing the last 10 levels or so.

Sora_N

It is. I'd still recommend making it a habit of doing your low level dungeon roulette every day just because you may hit parts of the story where there's a lull between quests due to your level. Some of the challenge log entries will come from simply doing your dungeon roulette or doing fates/guildhests if you're interested in trying those.

1-2 weeks is probably still reasonable even if you're pretty casual about going through the story.

Yeah true, I do the daily for exp.

I'm actually 6 levels over the actualy quest level too. I grinded too much.

Vador

Neo Member
Can always post in the FCCCoB thread (link) saying you need T13. Thanks to FCCCoB, I've got up to T12 down and hoping to get T13 down during the weekend.

Also on the topic of talking to people in chat. I always try to talk and make friends with people when I can. :D and I'm generally willing to help when I can.

GAF is a good FC, plenty of friendly people regardless of how many people 'keep to themselves' <3

I have been told about the group too and would like to get in that group :) Eleazar Holt on the server WHM. ^^

Just a quick question regarding the standard edition of FFXIV PS4 digital verison download. Does it include the 30day free sub? I've been looking for retail copies around Calgary and they say on the cover it includes a 30day.

Most stores are atleast 1hr away from me (Bestbuy at $19.99), and I refused to go to EB games ($24.99) and might just dip into the digital version of the game even if it's $29.99 lol.

Reszo

Just a quick question regarding the standard edition of FFXIV PS4 digital verison download. Does it include the 30day free sub? I've been looking for retail copies around Calgary and they say on the cover it includes a 30day.

Most stores are atleast 1hr away from me (Bestbuy at $19.99), and I refused to go to EB games ($24.99) and might just dip into the digital version of the game even if it's $29.99 lol.

Yeah It does, mine did

Semper88

That would suck though :-(. Why not just buy The Witcher 3 if you want it?

Playing it non stop after work, its my new time sink.

Not even capping poetics anymore... Oh my i think I've lost the motivation now XD

The story telling is so awesome.. Even side quests are made so good that they have their own story.

Allard

Looks like the warring triad statues are more then a homage. There is large concept art in there of the three taking on adventurers, bet that is 3.0 equal of Ultima as far climatic battles are concerned since it looks like the floating continent is end game for the initial 3.0 story.

http://i.imgur.com/c41My9E.png

IMBored

Is there any news on PSN preorder? Don't want to have to order the boxed version, specially when they don't even mention my country for delivery in the EU store.

IvorB

Playing it non stop after work, its my new time sink.

Not even capping poetics anymore... Oh my i think I've lost the motivation now XD

The story telling is so awesome.. Even side quests are made so good that they have their own story.

I may pick it up cheap at some point if they manage to get it working. It seems interesting but I'm really not that keen on playing RPGs as some random dude. I want my own character :-(. I'm sure I'll check it out at some point though.

Orcastar

I may pick it up cheap at some point if they manage to get it working. It seems interesting but I'm really not that keen on playing RPGs as some random dude. I want my own character :-(. I'm sure I'll check it out at some point though.

What do you mean by "manage to get it working"? I've been playing it for around 10 hours and it's worked perfectly, haven't run into any bugs and the game hasn't crashed once. It works fine. Then again you will probably be better off waiting for the Enhanced Edition.

As for playing as some random dude, read the books.

Since embargo is lifted, reddit made a nice post from japanese website news, link and copy paste of the interesting bits:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/37bd6j/min_il170_at_l60_up_up_and_away/
AF2 is < 170.
il170 equipment is 2.0 DL equivalent.
il steps up every 2 levels.
gear levels are basically esoteric, upgraded esoterics, alex normal, whatever the other tome is called, alex hard.
Alex gears will look exactly the same, but alex hard gear will be dyeable.

crafted gear in 3.05.

T13 gear is garbage tier confirmed.

iammeiam

This is the biggest news.

Well that and that raiders apparently finally get the iLevel exclusivity they've craved since fancy tome gear has no upgrade listed.

But mostly the vanity.

Croyles

Since embargo is lifted, reddit made a nice post from japanese website news, link and copy paste of the interesting bits:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/37bd6j/min_il170_at_l60_up_up_and_away/
AF2 is < 170.
il170 equipment is 2.0 DL equivalent.
il steps up every 2 levels.
gear levels are basically esoteric, upgraded esoterics, alex normal, whatever the other tome is called, alex hard.

crafted gear in 3.05.

T13 gear is garbage tier confirmed.

Oh snap!
punch

BYE GAF.

T.O.P

Banned
Awww shit, didn't notice the fantasia potion in the CE :/

Welp, too late...how much do they cost separately? (if i'll end up liking the new race)

iammeiam

So since Safari is crashing when I try to do links, here: http://www.pcgamesn.com/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn/hands-on-with-final-fantasy-xiv-heavensward

Second up is their card system. An Astrologian can at any point draw a card - out of six possible - each with a unique effect:

10% increased attack speed
10% increased attack damage
20% TP reduction costs
20% MP reduction costs
20% ability recast time reduction
10% increased damage taken
You&#8217;ll notice that the last example explicitly says &#8220;damage taken&#8221;. During my playtest, this surprisingly could only be cast on allies. When I asked the QA staff present, they promised me that this was intended; essentially, it&#8217;s a bad card, one that&#8217;s designed to balance out the RNG nature of the draw system. The logical man inside of me however wouldn&#8217;t be surprised if this was just mistranslation from the Japanese client, and it in fact reduces damage taken.

Author in reddit later confirms there's no mistranslation (per EU QA at least), there's a straight penalty card.

And you all laughed at me for thinking RNG in healing sounded interesting...

Jayhawk

10% increased attack speed? Stack that with Selene's buff? Bye WHMs.

But yeah, I figured AST would be like a healing COR from FFXI. CORs were awesome.

Omnicent

So since Safari is crashing when I try to do links, here: http://www.pcgamesn.com/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn/hands-on-with-final-fantasy-xiv-heavensward

Author in reddit later confirms there's no mistranslation, there's a straight penalty card.

And you all laughed at me for thinking RNG in healing sounded interesting...

So BRD & COR AST like XI. Was planning on leveling a healing job and AST sounds interesting.

from the reddit thread:

When we used it, all tool-tips for abilities took into account the 20% cooldown reduction. So, Living Dead has a 300 sec cooldown, but went down to 240 with the buff active.
Saying that, I think it only affects abilities that you cast WHILE you have the buff on and active.

rip WHM. These cards..... I can see them being really good in progression content with good timing/usage. Also the troll potential is there too (the fail card that increases damage taken). AST is the best class ever.

iammeiam

I really, really like the penalty card idea. It sounds like the CD on Draw doesn't kick in until you deal with the previous card, and shuffle and Royal Road should both have healthy CDs. It should lead to situations where the smart thing to do is just dump the penalty onto somebody not due for damage short-term and save the other skills.

I may or may not level Astro for this. Imagine the PK possibilities!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom