• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Since embargo is lifted, reddit made a nice post from japanese website news, link and copy paste of the interesting bits:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/37bd6j/min_il170_at_l60_up_up_and_away/
AF2 is < 170.
il170 equipment is 2.0 DL equivalent.
il steps up every 2 levels.
gear levels are basically esoteric, upgraded esoterics, alex normal, whatever the other tome is called, alex hard.
Alex gears will look exactly the same, but alex hard gear will be dyeable.

crafted gear in 3.05.

T13 gear is garbage tier confirmed.

Ughhh darklight

Frumix

Suffering From Success
AST sounds ridiculous. The only way it could not kick WHM out of the park if it has no AOE healing at all. Everybody will want to stack haste buffs because more speed - more DPS and we gotta go fast.
Oh well. Not my problem. Am a dragoon now.

Warring Triad mad hype though.

Apparently out of 8 dungeons, only 4 are relevant to the storyline??
Alexander Normal is explicitly stated to be not one-shottable like CT. Time to git gud y'all.

Kenai

I can see this being a really good card for when you get paired with people that are dicks.

Or for some CT/Raid Equivalent in HW fun :D

Yup, i figured AST would be a healing COR as well. The dud card is totally fair, as it prevents completely mindless x 2 buff shuffling and potentially penalizes too much fishing for a specific buff (cause you know X class will want you to spam for THEIR SPECIFIC BUFF despite how good the first 5 are in general).

I'm debating on the balance, but I don't think this is it for WHMs. Maybe it for WHM/SCH combo though, cause even before fights are actually farmable by insert group here and the healing is still hard no one is gonna care about AST's supposedly lower general throughput/barriers and just want the other healer/tanks to deal with the loss. And when it *is* farmable all of those buffs definitely increase efficiency. i think 2 ASTs has too much danger of buff overlap (assuming that they don't stack with each other like bardsongs ect now). for that to be worth.

With WHM supposedly getting significant damage options during combat while healing at the same time, and SCH getting a WHM esque burst healing mode to cover up some of their current toolkit holes, every healer should have a respectable raiding spot (if they want one. Still not sure how excited i am about new SCH stuff we know about but I will have plenty of time to figure it out I am sure.

AST sounds ridiculous. The only way it could not kick WHM out of the park if it has no AOE healing at all. Everybody will want to stack haste buffs because more speed - more DPS and we gotta go fast.
Oh well. Not my problem. Am a dragoon now..

While true it doesn't really matter how much a group wants Haste buffs to be stacked if the AST's buffs are rng and the CD for card redraw is reasonably long (which it probably is). We all know how RNG can be in this game regarding getting what we want, and with a equal chance of getting the dud card as getting a haste buff...

Omnicent

Oh well. Not my problem. Am a dragoon now.

Warring Triad mad hype though.

Apparently out of 8 dungeons, only 4 are relevant to the storyline??

AST has lower healing/shielding throughput than SCH or WHM, so it will probably be overall balanced. Also sounds like some cards are single target (#5 & #6. You have to use Royal Road to make them AoE and the potency is halved).

It depends on buff duration and which cards are AoE.

While true it doesn't really matter how much a group wants Haste buffs to be stacked if the AST's buffs are rng and the CD for card redraw is reasonably long (which it probably is). We all know how RNg can be in this game regarding getting what we want, and with a equal chance of getting the dud card as getting a haste buff...

Draw is on a 30 second CD, which isn't to bad depending on the buff duration.

I wonder what the cd on the stance swapping is going to be for AST. I wonder if you'll have to juggle all your stances constantly(cleric to DPS, drop cleric go into absorb shield, preshield people before aoe, drop absorb stance and go into heal stance, heal people back up, drop heal stance, back into absorb stance, preshield, drop and cleric stance, back to DPSing etc). It's gonna be... interesting I guess?

Unless Cleric stance is restricted for AST and they'll instead get their own cleric stance mechanics or whatever, not sure.

Interesting part though, they switched the focus of WHM into a more active DPS role by giving them a bunch of new offensive spells(especially aoes, which SCH still suck at apparently) and SCH are still the same, but no one has talked about AST DPSing capabilities at all. Are they going to end up being a pure healer/support? Will they always basically be the new WHM which does most of the core healing with a SCH or WHM as the 2nd healer who also does help with DPS?

Eldren

I'm sure I'm just being really dense but I still feel like I don't really know how Machinist plays. Like the attachment thing Yoshi mentioned ages ago, did they ever go into detail on that? (I'm assuming they count as off-hand items?) And this reloading/ammunition business. I think I need a proper video. I hope that guy has some good info for his livestream tonight. This is exciting, we're finally approaching the expansion and details are starting to emerge. The patch notes live reading at E3 is going to be amazing.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Yeah, Draw is a 30s CD and potentially over a short-ish fight it could happen that you never draw the right cards at all, but it's a chance most will be willing to take unless the fight straight up demands large heals that SCH and AST together for some reason can't offer. I suppose ultimately it could balance out in such a way that, if you want healers to DPS, you take WHM and SCH and just roll major HoTs all day, or if you want DPS to DPS better, you get SCH and AST. Eh. None of the new WHM abilities sound that exciting however (although converting your damage to heals is pretty cool) and MP management is still a bit ??? when it comes to "Well, WHM can DPS now!"

Stat increase. Make the raid gear legit the best for once.

I heard you like Skill Speed

I wonder what the cd on the stance swapping is going to be for AST. I wonder if you'll have to juggle all your stances constantly(cleric to DPS, drop cleric go into absorb shield, preshield people before aoe, drop absorb stance and go into heal stance, heal people back up, drop heal stance, back into absorb stance, preshield, drop and cleric stance, back to DPSing etc). It's gonna be... interesting I guess?
Seems AST won't be able to switch stances in battle. Hold on let me find a quote.

Kenai

AST has lower healing/shielding throughput than SCH or WHM, so it will probably be overall balanced. Also sounds like some cards are single target (#5 & #6. You have to use Royal Road to make them AoE and the potency is halved).

It depends on buff duration and which cards are AoE.

Draw is on a 30 second CD, which isn't to bad depending on the buff duration.

That seems perfectly respectable to me, not too long or short. Especially since Royal Road and Shuffle are likely higher, getting the "ideal" buff combo is not going to be guaranteed at all, but the chances of something good are high. Which is exactly what I was hoping for. AST not having access to Virus or E4E is interesting, that *might* tip it in SCH's favor over WHM, but I have to see the entire toolkit of all the healers. There's still too much we dunno about.

TBH the only thing i think is somewhat imbalanced about AST right now is that their buffs favor physical dps over magic dps by a notable margin. Caster don't care about attack speed, attack damage or tp reduction, but the only "dud" for physical is the MP reduction cost (and even that is of questionable use for BLM, although healers would like that one too). It would be nice if the attack speed buff were also a magic speed buff and the attack damage buff were also a magic damage buff...it's not, right?

Omnicent

Yeah, Draw is a 30s CD and potentially over a short-ish fight it could happen that you never draw the right cards at all, but it's a chance most will be willing to take unless the fight straight up demands large heals that SCH and AST together for some reason can't offer. I suppose ultimately it could balance out in such a way that, if you want healers to DPS, you take WHM and SCH and just roll major HoTs all day, or if you want DPS to DPS better, you get SCH and AST. Eh. None of the new WHM abilities sound that exciting however (although converting your damage to heals is pretty cool) and MP management is still a bit ??? when it comes to "Well, WHM can DPS now!"

I heard you like Skill Speed

Seems AST won't be able to switch stances in battle. Hold on let me find a quote.

"&#12288;The biggest feature of this job There are two, one is to specialize in recovery "Dyer null sect" and of barrier type "Roh compactors null sect" to be switched the. So to speak and fighting close to White Mage, I will be able to have both of fighting close to the scholar.
&#12288;However as notes, switching during combat is not allowed."
from http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/37bd6j/min_il170_at_l60_up_up_and_away/

Seems like a very rough translation, so I'd wait for a better one. If correct then it is interesting

ebil

Unless Cleric stance is restricted for AST and they'll instead get their own cleric stance mechanics or whatever, not sure.

Interesting part though, they switched the focus of WHM into a more active DPS role by giving them a bunch of new offensive spells(especially aoes, which SCH still suck at apparently) and SCH are still the same, but no one has talked about AST DPSing capabilities at all. Are they going to end up being a pure healer/support? Will they always basically be the new WHM which does most of the core healing with a SCH or WHM as the 2nd healer who also does help with DPS?
Some of your questions are answered in that Reddit post. AST indeed gets Cleric Stance and hits like a wet noodle with fab-looking spells.

As a former COR in FF11, there's no way I let my healing partner ever go AST.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
More on AST

Benefic = your standard Cure
Benefic II = larger Cure, instant, but has to proc off Benefic
Dignity = emergency heal that recovers more if the targets has less HP remaining
Wheel of Fate = Works like Asylum in healing stance and like Sacred Soil in barrier stance
The general difference between stances is an additional effect, not primary one, like healing stance adds a HoT, barrier adds a shield
Apparently AST DPS sucks major balls.

Kenai

Some of your questions are answered in that Reddit post. AST gets Cleric Stance and hits like a wet noodle with fab-looking spells.

But AST is the key to unlocking true Savage with +damage taken + royal road, how can you say no (but seriously no DPS really care how hard stuff is to tank/heal if they have teh DPS numbers dreams are made of, we already know this).

iammeiam

Wait, so contrary to the Reddit round up Alex Savage gear isn't higher iLevel than upper-tier tome gear?

I mean, that'd make me happy (way too many new people focus way too much on iLevel anyway, no reason to encourage it), but that's the opposite of the impression that gear ranking gave me.

ebil

But AST is the key to unlocking true Savage with +damage taken + royal road, how can you say no (but seriously no DPS really care how hard stuff is to tank/heal if they have teh DPS numbers dreams are made of, we already know this).
My wording was iffy, I'm the one going AST. :p

Some of your questions are answered in that Reddit post. AST indeed gets Cleric Stance and hits like a wet noodle with fab-looking spells.

Hmm I had somehow missed it. That sounds bad. Or good or whatever, doesn't really matter I guess, just means the class would probably be primary healer and WHM/SCH would be the DPS/healer slot. Which is fine, while I liked DPSing on my SCH, it wasn't really a massive point for me.

Do hope they get at least decent DPS though for 4man dungeons and stuff. Even if it's Stone II spam.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
WHM

Assize = damage you deal converts to healing for nearby party members
Stone III is a harder stone.
Aero III is an AoE DoT
Asylum is instant cast and lasts for a long time.

Ultimate dungeon healer ladies and gentlemen. Pop ass size, Holy, draw enmity for days.

I thought it was confirmed that Alex Savage gear was higher ilvl?

Unless you heard something different Kagari, I see nothing to suggest otherwise.

Glamour wise it'll look the same as Alex normal gear, but be dyeable to go along with its better stats.

Kenai

My wording was iffy, I'm the one going AST. :p

Haha, yeaaaaaa (if only I could have afforded to finish leveling COR in 11. Bullet prices....><).

I have to see how excited Saff is about AST or how ready he is to drop WHM (you there Saff? Tell meh).

I'm embarrassed to admit that despite my love of SCH, the very idea of Dissipation annoys/upsets me (how dare YoshiP ask me to sepukku Eos/Selene after all we have been through goddamnit? They are such innocent creatures that only heal you with hugs while occasionally ripping aggro off tanks with Whispering Dawn) but considering we don't know everything about ANY class yet I still want to wait and see.

i will be leveling AST for the pretty effects regardless of whether I am tempted to main it (shit damage during Cleric stance though...eheh...I kinda like SCH soloing efficiency, that will be a drag)

HEY DOCBON YOU LISTENIN'?

Ice. Cold.

iammeiam

WHM

Assize = damage you deal converts to healing for nearby party members
Stone III is a harder stone.
Aero III is an AoE DoT
Asylum is instant cast and lasts for a long time.

Ultimate dungeon healer ladies and gentlemen. Pop ass size, Holy, draw enmity for days.

They added Assize and somehow made Holy better?

...maybe I won't level bard first. Everything else sounds cooler.

Kenai

Unless you heard something different Kagari, I see nothing to suggest otherwise.

Glamour wise it'll look the same as Alex normal gear, but be dyeable to go along with its better stats.

Well at one point Leviathan/Ramuh Egis were confirmed to so eh. Could be a continuation of the Savage Coil mindset. Kags has dat insider info sooooooooo I dunno, i can't keep track of anything right now.

I would say it was ok with the gear looked nice but that is definitely not assured. Coil gear sets look different from AF stuff right? I need something besides SCH frankengoth set.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Dissipation was apparently crazy overpowered in the demo and they're already nerfing it for the release. Roflesia.

As a present (sic) to Zeta owners, you'll be able to ask Gerolt to make you replicas of previous relic stages to glamour with.

Savage gear indeed sounds like the best possible gear from the interviews.

You'll be able to loot 1 item per week from EACH turn of Alexander normal.

Materia V in 3.05

3.2 to introduce ranked seasonal PVP (Yoshi namedrops LoL)

Only 4 dungeons are required for the story, but you still should want to go to side dungeons as they're under the cap so you can level in them.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I didn't hear anything different, I'm just saying they'd better not change it if it us due to fan whining.

Kenai

Dissipation was apparently crazy overpowered in the demo and they're already nerfing it for the release. Roflesia.

Goddamn. I need details on this! (are there any?)

My brother found out that assize is a real word. Still not sure how it applies in this case though.

I am guessing the judging part in this case references divine judgement, which would fit WHM (doubly so with Holy spam in from the ability, SE knows their playbase too well)

Qvoth

http://www.pcgamesn.com/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn/hands-on-with-final-fantasy-xiv-heavensward
hands on with heavensward

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/37bd6j/min_il170_at_l60_up_up_and_away/
alex hard gear look the same but dyeable? holy crap that's really lazy of s-e

XY7HJml.png

4 million accounts (subs only)?
what does that mean? lol 4 million characters or subs?

aceface

So it sounds like Alex normal lockout will be set up similar to CT? Run any turn as much as you want but one roll per week? That would be nice.

alex hard gear look the same but dyeable? holy crap that's really lazy of s-e

that article says 4 million accounts (subs only)?
what does that mean? lol 4 million characters or subs?

One of the biggest complaints with Allagan gear was that you could not dye it, even though you could dye upgraded tome gear. The ilvl increase and being able to dye it, makes the appeal quite a bit better.

When mmo companies use the "accounts" line, they mean that 4 million accounts have been made to date, from the start of the game. Not that there are that many subs.

iammeiam

If they didn't fix all the secondaries in HW, having only one set of max-iLevel gear is going to be hilarious. Tanks to rage over every left side piece with parry.

Also has anyone seen anything current on a mobility penalty for machinist? All I've seen is increased TP costs for attachments, no rooting.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
DRG's Blood of the Dragon buffs Jump and Spineshatter Dive while it's active but also allows you to use 4th actions that come after Full Thrust and Chaos Trust; certain Weaponskills prolong the duration of the buff while others expend the duration when used. We BLM now? What even.

BRD under Minuet gets some new skills that I can't find the effect of but it seems to be suggesting that er... "rotation" under Minuet is just completely different from playing without it.

All this information is from Japanese interviews on Gamewatch, Dengeki and Famitsu.
There'll probably be more comprehensive translations soon enough.

aceface

If they didn't fix all the secondaries in HW, having only one set of max-iLevel gear is going to be hilarious. Tanks to rage over every left side piece with parry.

Also has anyone seen anything current on a mobility penalty for machinist? All I've seen is increased TP costs for attachments, no rooting.

I thought you had to be stationary to do that reload 5 bullets skill.

Edit: The Library dungeon only dropped i148 gear, and I was told it was a level 60 dungeon. I failed to actually check that on the DF list, so if anyone else played it can confirm. If this is true, Level 50 dungeons were not story dungeons in 2.0, so I would assume this Level 60 dungeon is not a story dungeon. Which would mean i130 gear should be good through part of the level grind/story.

Croyles

Sounds like they accidentally swapped MCH and BRD abilites...

Kenai

Don't hate me too much cause i might be wrong with all teh new info out, but it looks like their "mobility penalty" comes from their turrets which remain stationary (and i guess can be damaged?). They have proximity requirements for their damage/aoe and it also looks like you have to fiddle with them at close range to change their mode from their dps mode gun/electrcity spam to the tp/mp regen mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom