• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: The Library dungeon only dropped i148 gear, and I was told it was a level 60 dungeon. I failed to actually check that on the DF list, so if anyone else played it can confirm. If this is true, Level 50 dungeons were not story dungeons in 2.0, so I would assume this Level 60 dungeon is not a story dungeon. Which would mean i130 gear should be good through part of the level grind/story.

Level 56 apparently.
https://youtu.be/VhUV50V0omM?t=826

iammeiam

I thought you had to be stationary to do that reload 5 bullets skill.

One skill with a cast time isn't the same as a stance that renders DPS 0 unless stationary, though. Machinist was at one point getting the latter, trying to figure out if they copied it to Bard or just straight moved it.

Don't hate me too much cause i might be wrong with all teh new info out, but it looks like their "mobility penalty" comes from their turrets which remain stationary (and i guess can be damaged?). They have proximity requirements for their damage/aoe and it also looks like you have to fiddle with them at close range to change their mode from their dps mode gun/electrcity spam to the tp/mp regen mode.

Maybe? But that seems more a general pet mechanic than the mobility hit the class was initially coming with (which has been transplanted to Bard.) Which is the first serious thing to make me consider switching--I'm not opposed to strategizing, and if Machinist avoids turret stance, well.

Kenai

One skill with a cast time isn't the same as a stance that renders DPS 0 unless stationary, though. Machinist was at one point getting the latter, trying to figure out if they copied it to Bard or just straight moved it.

Maybe? But that seems more a general pet mechanic than the mobility hit the class was initially coming with (which has been transplanted to Bard.) Which is the first serious thing to make me consider switching--I'm not opposed to strategizing, and if Machinist avoids turret stance, well.

I haven't seen any mention of a turret stance or moba penalties anywhere and I feel like if they had a lot of them we would have seen definite mention by now.

I guess maybe SE didn't feel the need to put in a turret stance since the class has actual turrets. And is already busy with attachments/reloading. I feel at this point it would at most have some kind of specific WSes or abilities with a cast/charge time but that'd be it rather than an entire stance.

Qvoth

just for clarification, when you guys say alex savage, do you guys meant alex hard or is that another difficulty level?

scy

Also Dreadwyrm Stance, the QA guys (I don't play Summoner), had cast Bio, Bio II and Miasma on a target, charge up my Aetherial, then when it was 30 seconds from cooldown, I could hit Dreadwyrm and cast Ahk-mon.

It was dealing about 2.7k-3k NON crits

So I get to spend half my time in Aetherflow and then half my time in Dreadwyrm? A balance of the two sides? Not too bad.

I'd be more impressed with 2.7k non-crits if I had any kind of idea on the new WD values, INT, etc. to back into Potency. That said, it's probably just literally Fester.

please look forward to the Bard shuffle walk

Omnicent

So I get to spend half my time in Aetherflow and then half my time in Dreadwyrm? A balance of the two sides? Not too bad.

I'd be more impressed with 2.7k non-crits if I had any kind of idea on the new WD values, INT, etc. to back into Potency. That said, it's probably just literally Fester.

They also said it's AoE, so doesn't sound bad at all.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Materia V will have a "horribly" low drop rate that will increase as gear ilvl gets higher.
Initially is supposed to be super hard to get.
NQ items are planned to be at 90% capacity of an HQ item (as opposed to 80% of it right now).

All of the info I'm posting comes from these

3k at what level? 60?
I wonder if you get just one Akh Morn or 1 stack = 1 shot.

scy

They also said it's AoE, so doesn't sound bad at all.

Was more that "2.7-3k" isn't really a big deal without context. Just would've been nice to have a comparison point. For all I know, that's like a 150 potency shot and my Festers will be 5.5k+ baseline. Would just be nice to get to know where it falls in line numbers wise.

Edit: For the time being, I'm just assuming I get more shots of new Fester with a cool animation. Hopefully my Akh Morn doesn't split damage, though.

3k at what level? 60?
I wonder if you get just one Akh Morn or 1 stack = 1 shot.

I assume it was the same gearset everyone else had (Level 60 i170). The closest comparison point I know of is the BLM one Yoshi-P exampled that had ~1250 damage on a base Fire 3, ~1750 on Fire 1s under AF3.

iammeiam

If this makes bards actually competetive as a DPS, please look forward to bards insisting other classes do all the movement so they can turret.

Curious if any of the added bard skills will give them mobility compensation--Bard has none and can't even abuse Sprint. Bard manawall go.

scy

If this makes bards actually competetive as a DPS, please look forward to bards insisting other classes do all the movement so they can turret.

Let everyone turret! Only people left for mechanics will be Summoners!

I hope Dreadwyrm Trance makes me unable to move.

Curious if any of the added bard skills will give them mobility compensation--Bard has none and can't even abuse Sprint. Bard manawall go.

{Featherfoot}

Time for more movement-based shots?

scy

Nah, they'll be too busy charging kamehamehas, 5 pulls per shot.

Edit: 500 Potency on the Tornado Kick GL3 dump just in case that wasn't mentioned earlier.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Think of it this way, Ryder. The more time we have to spend standing still the less time we have for tethers and other silly things!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
On DRK via reddit
You can actually put a buff on an ally, and if they die, you get 20% health and MP back. Make use of those raiders who stand in the fire all the time!
The hell's the point of that?

inb4 put it on the dragoon

scy

Think of it this way, Ryder. The more time we have to spend standing still the less time we have for tethers and other silly things!

It's not a full cast time for the GCD from the look of things so you can still cast-and-move anyway.

still second most mobile DPS, maybe third depending on Machinist

Have we really sunk low enough to trust monks with mechanics? Has it really come to that?

Welllllll

On DRK via reddit

found one to trust them with

If I had to guess, just one of those skills that exists for thematic and flavor reasons and not much else. Can at least be used in moments of obvious impending death, though?

Croyles

I actually like doing mechanics though.

I don't mind a new stance that makes us not want to move, but I want this stance to be situationally/strategically important and not just a blanket dps increase at all times "SO NEVER STOP SINGING MINUET YOU SCRUB!!"

On DRK via reddit

That's actually a pretty smart move on SE's part. It means whenever there is a new player joining a party who has little patience for them, they will feel like 20% less of a burden. May also backfire and cause people to care even less.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Will need to see the entire new rotation/other abilities first. Not really worried though.
Nothing will come close to when they took away the original B4B/IR/Rain of Death.

Jayhawk

With the increase of skill speed from higher ilvl gear plus the attack speed bonus from Selene and AST, MNKs will be too busy playing the piano with a 1.5 second GCD. MNKs got no time for your mechanics. I gotta bust out my Hit Box or TE2 arcade stick to play MNK now for those one-frame links.

Croyles

With the increase of skill speed from higher ilvl gear plus the attack speed bonus from Selene and AST, MNKs will be too busy playing the piano with a 1.5 second GCD. MNKs got no time for your mechanics. I gotta bust out my Hit Box or TE2 arcade stick to play MNK now for those one-frame links.

At some point there will have to be a soft/hard cap on speed. Maybe already in this expansion.

scy

That's actually a pretty smart move on SE's part. It means whenever there is a new player joining a party who has little patience for them, they will feel like 20% less of a burden. May also backfire and cause people to care even less.

Alexander carries suddenly more interesting.

iammeiam

DRK skill is actually kind of cool for like "Oops I forgot to cleanse Garotte Twist/Oops you dumbasses all got vuln and now nobody can eat charge RIP me/oh god divebombs who wants free HP"

On DRK via reddit

If it's a long duration buff rather than a short cooldown, I could see the point in putting it on a healer. Your healer dies, you get some health back and maybe don't die right away until the healer is rezed(assuming he can be rezed obviously, wouldn't be terribly useful in 4man unless you have a SMN). Though it's probably not gonna do a whole lot.

At some point there will have to be a soft/hard cap on speed. Maybe already in this expansion.

Unless they want to go against what every other mmo does when it comes to stat scaling, leveling will affect secondary stat weights. 1 crit will not equal .05% crit chance at 60, 1 SS will not equal whatever insignificant amount of speed it does now.

Croyles

"Hey why are you using that skill on me?!?" - sentence most often said to DRK.

Current cap is 1.5s, achievable by WHMs with enough spell speed buffs.

fair point

Unless they want to go against what every other mmo does when it comes to stat scaling, leveling will affect secondary stat weights. 1 crit will not equal .05% crit chance at 60, 1 SS will not equal whatever insignificant amount of speed it does now.

fair point

scy

I look forward to everyone being emergency rations to DRKs

Correct. They [BRD, MCH] get their own unique LB 1's and 2's. They're single target ones (we could only use non-LB 3's due to not being in a raid).

living the DPS LB dream you guys

Omnicent

man that second article from gamewatch goes into some more skill details about DRK (seems to cover the "even higher level of darkness"). My anticipation is only growing.

scy

RIP troll raising that misses one person because lol other side of circle and two people instantly die again due to being in the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom