• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

Apparently turrets don't have pet bars/health bars and are summoned as ground-targetable skills.

This seems insanely useful--Ballad and Paeon are centered on the bard, which means the bard needs to be up with the melee for Paeon or out near the healers for Ballad for maximum impact. This is occasionally awkward/forces specific bard positioning/causes song downtime during spread mechanics.

Being able to just drop a turret up by the melee stack and have it pump out TP even if you're on the other side of the field chasing balls or whatever seems cool, and no chasing healers around trying to get them in range for MP. Just drop a turret and tell them to keep an eye on it.

Jayhawk

Apparently turrets don't have pet bars/health bars and are summoned as ground-targetable skills.

This seems insanely useful--Ballad and Paeon are centered on the bard, which means the bard needs to be up with the melee for Paeon or out near the healers for Ballad for maximum impact. This is occasionally awkward/forces specific bard positioning/causes song downtime during spread mechanics.

Being able to just drop a turret up by the melee stack and have it pump out TP even if you're on the other side of the field chasing balls or whatever seems cool, and no chasing healers around trying to get them in range for MP. Just drop a turret and tell them to keep an eye on it.

Looks like all you need to see are some fashionable MCH hats and you're set on changing mains.

iammeiam

Looks like all you need to see are some fashionable MCH hats and you're set on changing mains.

They uh... Get to equip Amon's hat. So I mean.

I still have no idea how the class actually works, buuuut no charge system and no requirement to be in physical buff range? I could spend so much time just running around! It's more appealing than it was three months ago, but there'll probably end up being something disappointing for balance.

They uh... Get to equip Amon's hat. So I mean.

I still have no idea how the class actually works, buuuut no charge system and no requirement to be in physical buff range? I could spend so much time just running around! It's more appealing than it was three months ago, but there'll probably end up being something disappointing for balance.

Well the turret concept has also downsides, if the whole group has to move around during some phase(like divebombs, because they love their divebombs), having the songs "follow" the bard can ensure better uptime especially since it comes at no cost of DPS because you're in dodging phase already.

But yeah Mechanics sound pretty nice.

Allard

Good. PS3 limitations and all that.
Sorry drama.

Not that it makes a difference but someone did make a clarification over the summary translation and said that PS3 Support would come to an end at the "End" of the 3.X series of patches, so basically PS3 support would continue to exist leading up to but not during the next expansion. If it takes another year+ that should hopefully give people plenty of time to upgrade to PS4 or at least have a compatible computer to use if they want to keep playing. If this translation is correct and it wasn't an answer misheard coming from Yoshida then that means they are planning the next expansion in mind that it would not support the PS3 which already makes me more excited then the heavensward expansion lol.

iammeiam

I just only hope it looks good. As I've said a billionxbillion times, the dread gear is horrid looking all around.

Do you realize how many ways there are to stab people with the DRG Dread gear? It's amazing. And stupid hood aside the healer stuff is OK. Bard actually looks better on lalafell, too--our shoulder wing is much, much smaller.

My biggest problem with the dread stuff is all the purple and that the purple often matches nothing non-Dread. It leads to everyone looking the same as soon as lockout is lifted and makes using Dread gear alongside other stuff kind of eh.

Alexander Savage will fix that, at least.

WolvenOne

Huh, if they're planning to drop PS3 support near the end of 3.0, then they must be fairly pleased at the rate at which PS3 players are jumping over to either PS4 or PC.

Getting a European Data center soon it sounds like, nice. Hopefully that also eases up server strain on the NA servers, though I wouldn't expect anything terribly noticeable.

Been seeing people mentioning Skill Speed, did they officially detail the changes to skillspeed?

Alexander Savage: welcome to dye.

Alexander Savage

Prepare to Dye Edition.

BadRNG

What does the NIN and MNK gear look like again?
This is NIN

oqkoem.png

MNK is pretty much the same except the sash and shoulder thing is like a dark megenta rather than white. I actually glamor the pants/boots there into AF boots/baggy white pants since I think it matches well with the sash. But it's a nice looking set either way.

Alexander Savage will fix that, at least.
Jokes on you, you'll only get to dye a small random cloth part and the main color will stay the same.

All this info about everything else, no Ninja info. Because there probably isn't any other than "lol enjoy doing positional GCDs on top of positional off-GCDs".

WolvenOne

All this info about everything else, no Ninja info. Because there probably isn't any other than "lol enjoy doing positional GCDs on top of positional off-GCDs".

A few positionals aren't a big deal, so long as your DPS doesn't entirely fall apart if you cannot make them.

Basically, Dragoon Pre-Buff = Not acceptable, DPS plummets horrifically if you cannot make positionals.

Monk/Dragoon Post DPS = Acceptable. DPS goes up if you can make positionals, but doesn't really go down much if you cannot.

This is essential since there are bosses where making positionals can be difficult, especially while you're learning the fight. Hopefully Ninja positionals end up being more like how Dragoons and Monk positionals currently are, rather than how DRG positionals used to be.

BadRNG

It's a weird change since one of the advantages of NIN was supposed to be no positional. Instead you dealt with mudra system. Like that was actually how they described how the class was balanced. Makes me think there are other changes coming on top of this. Or the the dps increase from the Huton-regen abilities was so much they felt they needed to up the "difficulty" of the class some.

Honestly I'm not a big fan of how they are releasing info, it's incredibly scattered about, and in many different languages. Why not just release a big set of official info themselves? Like a preview site showcasing new stuff.

A few positionals aren't a big deal, so long as your DPS doesn't entirely fall apart if you cannot make them.

Basically, Dragoon Pre-Buff = Not acceptable, DPS plummets horrifically if you cannot make positionals.

Monk/Dragoon Post DPS = Acceptable. DPS goes up if you can make positionals, but doesn't really go down much if you cannot.

This is essential since there are bosses where making positionals can be difficult, especially while you're learning the fight. Hopefully Ninja positionals end up being more like how Dragoons and Monk positionals currently are, rather than how DRG positionals used to be.

Did you forget I used to play Monk, N'uadha? :p

Positionals alone aren't a big deal. It's just stupid that they decided to make a class that's already dependent on if you don't get lag on Mudras then make them also do positionals on top of the possible scenario where your doing mechanics or dodging attacks + positional GCD into immediate different positional off-GCD (Trick Attack). It makes it clunkier and Ninja already was clunky unless you lived in Japan.

If they make Mudra client-side and the final combo is sent server-side, then sure I guess. I just feel they should have left them with no positionals, as they were designed.

•Wanderer’s Minuet - Song that can be used at the same time as other songs. Stops auto-attack, but allows arrows to be charged whilst standing still. Does not consume MP. 3 second cast time, like other songs.

◦Specifically increases potency of attacks by 25% while adding cast time.

Saw this in one of the documents someone has going for new abilities, wondering if that is actually true. That is beyond underwhelming if so and really just seems like something you would only use to put up your dots with and then use the ability that increases them with it.

dcye

Stat increase. Make the raid gear legit the best for once.

Nah there absolutely has to be some gear variety at the tip tier. I agree with you thatvraid gear should be the best but without variety we're gonna end up with no itemization whatsoever. Has to be more than one option for highest ilvl gear.

WolvenOne

Did you forget I used to play Monk, N'uadha? :p

Positionals alone aren't a big deal. It's just stupid that they decided to make a class that's already dependent on if you don't get lag on Mudras then make them also do positionals on top of the possible scenario where your doing mechanics or dodging attacks + positional GCD into immediate different positional off-GCD (Trick Attack). It makes it clunkier and Ninja already was clunky unless you lived in Japan.

If they make Mudra client-side and the final combo is sent server-side, then sure I guess. I just feel they should have left them with no positionals, as they were designed.

Who are you in game again?

Anyhow, I count that more as a problem with Mudra's rather than a problem with positionals. If they fix Mudra's (hopefully they will,) positionals shouldn't be a problem..

Omnicent

at least DRK has an awesome sword. (also mnk with the superior looking threads... time to make a mnk)

Ok those ninja katan's are love

iammeiam

Nah there absolutely has to be some gear variety at the tip tier. I agree with you thatvraid gear should be the best but without variety we're gonna end up with no itemization whatsoever. Has to be more than one option for highest ilvl gear.

I also wonder how they'd do this without just removing all shared gear entirely or making secondaries flat equivalent between shared gear classes. Having raid gear with subpar secondaries be your literal only option because people get protective of their iLevel seems kind of silly.

scy

I'm fine with no ilvl increase if it comes to it but I was hoping for a different gear set at least? There's enough combinations of secondary stats to work at least for this.

Well, we'll see how it all looks when it comes to that.

Edit: caster set \o/ \o/ \o/

I also wonder how they'd do this without just removing all shared gear entirely or making secondaries flat equivalent between shared gear classes. Having raid gear with subpar secondaries be your literal only option because people get protective of their iLevel seems kind of silly.

I'm sure there are raiders that would be happy if raiding gear was always higher ilevel even if the gear also always had the worst secondaries. Dat epeen.

WbSZgvv.jpg

BadRNG

Living Dead sounds incredibly overpowered.

Living Dead - Applies a 20 second buff that, if hit fatally, allows you to survive, gives you ten seconds (of a “zombie” state) to be healed to full or you die (at the end of the 10 seconds).
You cannot die during the Pre-buff or the Zombie state.
As soon as you hit 100%, zombie is cleansed.

I can't wait.

iammeiam

I'm sure there are raiders that would be happy if raiding gear was always higher ilevel even if the gear also always had the worst secondaries. Dat epeen.

WbSZgvv.jpg

The nice thing about the current tome system is that on the rare occasion I have two options for the same spot that aren't trash, I can swap stuff out to meet various acc caps without losing Dex or whatever. Less flexibility is for sucks.

(Also raid-tier gear availability for non-raiders tends to coincide with more content being cleared by groups; they'd either need to tune the encounters lower or just accept even fewer people clearing I guess.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom