• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

Guys, sorry to ask such silly questions, but here are a few:

If I have FFXIV on PC and I decide to buy the PS4 disc, does my account work immediately?

Has Square explained the details about the Machinist job in Heavensward?

Yes, you can immediately log into the PS4 version if you own both. And vice versa. It's a single login for all systems.

It's a ranged DPS that will equip modifications on its weapons, have some use for a mechanized minion (which sounds like you can mod it too), can be a support to some degree.

In more realistic terms according to the current XIV style: AYYY STACK CRIT/DET/WHATEVER MODS, HERE ARE THREE SKILLS THAT SUPPORT LIKE BARD SONGS, PLS GIV MP, TP, DEBUFF, BUFF, ETC, WHY DO MEC JUST AFK AND AUTO ATTACK IN THE RAIDS FUCK

There's not really a ton we know beyond broad generalizations

glaurung

Yep. You add the PS4 licence to your account and can go straight in.

Yes, you can immediately log into the PS4 version if you own both. And vice versa. It's a single login for all systems.

It's a ranged DPS that will equip modifications on its weapons, have some use for a mechanized minion (which sounds like you can mod it too), can be a support to some degree.

In more realistic terms according to the current XIV style: AYYY STACK CRIT/DET/WHATEVER MODS, HERE ARE THREE SKILLS THAT SUPPORT LIKE BARD SONGS, PLS GIV MP, TP, DEBUFF, BUFF, ETC, WHY DO MEC JUST AFK AND AUTO ATTACK IN THE RAIDS FUCK

There's not really a ton we know beyond broad generalizations
Much obliged!

I am real interested in the Machinist job. Engineers in MMOs are kind of my thing (the last one to do them well was Warhammer Online; GW2 was not that great).

glaurung

wow
Wait... they only offer steam codes though, right?
Makes it useless for a ton of people
I just grabbed the Heavensward CE code from GMG. Those vile temptresses!

I can confirm that they give you a regular MogStation code. But the codes cannot be used until June 19th.

psy18

ffxiv_03162015_222745.png

29 days for the books
29 days for the alexandrites and materias
11 days for light farming
12 Days for dungeon atmas, 78 runs
5 days for the mahatmas

I now go to sleep

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PEOPLE LOOKING TO GET BACK INTO THE ULTROS GUILD: If you originally joined before we added the guildworks stuff (so beta or the first month), we're going to need you to apply there as well!

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Started doing Ixal quests for the first time. Am I missing something or do these require you to switch back and forth between a crafting and combat class? They don't seem very intuitively designed. Otherwise very easy tho. I was putting off doing this beast tribe because I felt like these were going to be more annoying.

kirby2096

I pre-order my copy on GMG too. Not giving a penny more for the game to S-E because of the UK Store price hike.

I hasn't played the game for over a year yet have kept my subscription ticking over, what am I doing?!

GMG are sending out 25% off vouchers for heavenwards, brings the digital collectors edition down to €37.50

Dang, beaten. I haven't received a code though. Since I already preordered the aforementioned sillydragonbox edition, I'll post my discount code if I get one.

Yoshida on incoming changes to Triple Triad NPC difficulty and the tournament system.

So it sounds like the only thing for sure guaranteed in 2.55 is NPC difficulty nerfs to ease deck-building, with mayyyyybe some reward adjustments if they make it in time?

I feel like if anything a point threshold for rewards is going to promote collusion even further.

At least having a point threshold means everybody who crosses the threshold gets a shot at a card, instead of the current system where only 3 people who cheated the hardest get a card.

BadRNG

The platinum card thing is only good part of that post. Do they really think this will stop people from selling wins though? I don't know how they can be so thick. Their first point about NPCs being too difficult to get a tournament-capable deck doesn't even make sense, nearly every NPC is easy to beat, it's just a matter of how long it takes for some of the cards to drop.

I'll believe a proper match making system is coming when it arrives. They still haven't figured out a way for us to have a damn chocobo out while in queue, and I'm supposed to expect them to retool DF into a full 1v1 match making system? Yeah ok.

WolvenOne

As has been stated in the past, Square Enix really doesn't know how to make a good competitive gameplay experience, and it's showing here once again. Eventually they'll figure it out, if they keep at it long enough, but I wouldn't expect anything dramatic too soon.

To be fair though, I would just assume they made NPC's easier, as I essentially view them as a means of learning how to use the various rule types.

I think it's more like "we don't really want to do this stuff now, we're working on the expansion, nerds, so here have some easy to do changes and we'll get back to it when we have some time(in 3.1)".

Aselith

Question, friends, if I subscribe for a 180 membership, do I get all of the corresponding loyalty rewards immediately?

iammeiam

One consistent theme of 2.55 is making MGP easier to get--better choco race rewards, better tournament rewards, easier to farm NPCs.

I think they realized they done fucked up some of the pricing. I just want the stupid coat.

Question, friends, if I subscribe for a 180 membership, do I get all of the corresponding loyalty rewards immediately?

If you use a time card thing, I believe that's how it works(that's how it worked before at least, I remember people buying 90days at launch to get the ahriman mount or whatever). Crysta and credit cards I think only pay 30days at a time, so you wouldn't with those. Might have changed though.

Aselith

If you use a time card thing, I believe that's how it works(that's how it worked before at least, I remember people buying 90days at launch to get the ahriman mount or whatever). Crysta and credit cards I think only pay 30days at a time, so you wouldn't with those. Might have changed though.

There is an option to subscribe for 180 days at a reduced rate on credit cards.

And I'm not your buddy, sport.

studyguy

You are rewarded for the time added AFTER your current period is done I THINK. If you don't have any sub at all and you add 180 days then yeah you get it immediately.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
You should warn your healer if you show up to a level 44 dungeon as a tank in level 30 dragoon gear. I mean, yeah, technically it's my fault we wiped on the first pull but a little heads up would have gone a long way...

LowParry

I just grabbed the Heavensward CE code from GMG. Those vile temptresses!

I can confirm that they give you a regular MogStation code. But the codes cannot be used until June 19th.

Seriously? Not like I'll be able to play the day of but c'mooooon.

Seriously? Not like I'll be able to play the day of but c'mooooon.

The mail says the codes cannot be used until CLOSER to the early access date, but not on that day specifically. They'll send mails back when it's available. They'd have to be monumentally idiotic to have EA codes registration on EA's day.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I got the GMG Code Voucher in my e-mail. Was able to get the Digital Collectors Edition for $45.

LaneDS

My daily 90001/90002 error followed by ten minutes of 3102 is really bumming me out. I don't think Square Enix support would be much help either. Even the VPN service I signed up for doesn't make me immune to the issue.

Anyone else have this issue?

Zomba13

Everyone getting Heavensward vouchers except me. I had a GTAV voucher but I had already preordered that from GMG so... Like... Why?

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Everyone getting Heavensward vouchers except me. I had a GTAV voucher but I had already preordered that from GMG so... Like... Why?

Well i cant order because i'm in Japan...

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
So, I tried reactivating my account today. My account was compromised at some point, good times. Now the waiting game.

LowParry

The mail says the codes cannot be used until CLOSER to the early access date, but not on that day specifically. They'll send mails back when it's available. They'd have to be monumentally idiotic to have EA codes registration on EA's day.

That'd be nice. Ah the wait is killer. I want that new info on the new jobs.

I despise Dzemael Darkhold as an atma dungeon, it goes so slow, especially when tanks do huge pulls with two melee who don't know how to aoe.

dcye

It's not that the NPCs where hard it was the stupidly low drop rate that makes hitting 30 a chore. I got 34 and have zero interest in card collecting which is bad due to how much time j sunk in TT during FF8. I know they only released a small amount of cards which why drop rates are shit but when you fight king for 50+ wins and only get 2 godbert and zero bahamut I threw in towel.

A thousand times this. It doesn't make sense for a mini-game that has no bearing on the actual gameplay, its supposed to be fun but unless you have unlimited time/patience, or good luck, you're boned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom