• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem, and nobody DF's Turn 3 because it's kind of pointless. There's no boss, no loot, you just run and jump around for a while and try to skip all the trash. Usually you just skip it or PF a group to run you through it for the achievment, but you miss nothing by skipping it and proceeding to 4.

Omg I was under the impression I needed to clear all turns to move to second coil... So many wasted time D:

Hmm, I think I found it but I have 5 "FFXIV_CHARA_0X.dat" files and have only ever created 2 characters... I'm not sure which one to copy. I guess I'll back them all up and just start messing with it.

Log in, log out, check which directory has files modified at your current time/date. You might have made characters before you deleted right away too, those also save.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Log in, log out, check which directory has files modified at your current time/date. You might have made characters before you deleted right away too, those also save.

Bingo! You're so smart, thanks :D

BadRNG

Dang, I missed the first WAR/PLD argument of the thread? And it didn't involve WolvenOne? Brave new world. How long before we can expect these arguments to include DRK.

ps. if you come at the king angary, you best not miss!
LnHyGvu.png

wonder how long till we are both out of the top 10

Dang, I missed the first WAR/PLD argument of the thread? And it didn't involve WolvenOne? Brave new world. How long before we can expect these arguments to include DRK.

I expect DRK to be either shit or king in the Tank side, at least until balance comes into play. It will be fun.

Valor

DRK is the best tank. All of the PLD wannabes out there can go ahead and retire now. We need to keep the WAR around for that slashing debuff, though.

scy

DRK is the best tank. All of the PLD wannabes out there can go ahead and retire now. We need to keep the WAR around for that slashing debuff, though.

all this magic, gonna need to keep a Bard around to give them Foe's

you got the sword, she's got the bow, all in the game though

studyguy

DRK's Tank Stance: Flat 20% damage reduction, inflict slash resist down, magic resist down, blind, slow, heavy on all surrounding enemies. All this without lowering it's base attack damage.

The downside is makes the PLD or WAR OT look like shit, thus lowering their overall ilvl by 10.

Please look forward to it.

i just started this game a few days ago and im really enjoying it! i got over WoW and havent found another mmo ive liked so much until this :) any tips for an early level gladiator-going-to-be-paladin?

im level 21 and about to tank the second instance.

Ruruja

i just started this game a few days ago and im really enjoying it! i got over WoW and havent found another mmo ive liked so much until this :) any tips for an early level gladiator-going-to-be-paladin?

I just started a few weeks ago with a tank. I'd say make sure you know about the Fast Blade > Savage Blade > Rage of Halone combo. I spent longer than I'd like to admit using Fast Blade > Riot Blade. Other tips you probably already know but I'll say anyways are: use Flash to get aggro on most monsters around you; and stand close to an enemy so that their AoE cone is easy to dodge as you only have to move a little to the side, oh and make sure you have the enemy face away from the rest of the group so that the AoE doesn't hit them.

Lastly I found instances quite easy until Brayflox's Longstop.

I just started a few weeks ago with a tank. I'd say make sure you know about the Fast Blade > Savage Blade > Rage of Halone combo. I spent longer than I'd like to admit using Fast Blade > Riot Blade. Other tips you probably already know but I'll say anyways are: use Flash to get aggro on most monsters around you; and stand close to an enemy so that their AoE cone is easy to dodge as you only have to move a little to the side, oh and make sure you have the enemy face away from the rest of the group so that the AoE doesn't hit them.

Lastly I found instances quite easy until Brayflox's Longstop.

i actually was doing fast to riot also. someone then told me nicely in an instance to switch to fast-> savage. the rest is pretty standard, coming from another MMO and tanking. flash is pretty cool. i am really enjoying it atm :D

Xux

It'll be a little bit before you can use it but Provoke has kind of a vague description; it puts you at the top of a enemy's hate list, matching the enmity of the character of the highest plus one. So it's more useful for getting back enemies you've lost hate with than pulling; though, it does have more range than Shield Lob so it's good for that in certain situations.

gryvan

If you somehow persuade darkness to not main as DRK then I will talk DRK all day. Other than that, its gonna be some casual talk from me!

DRK's Tank Stance: Flat 20% damage reduction, inflict slash resist down, magic resist down, blind, slow, heavy on all surrounding enemies. All this without lowering it's base attack damage.

The downside is makes the PLD or WAR OT look like shit, thus lowering their overall ilvl by 10.

Please look forward to it.

It's not as if every tank isn't switching to DRK anyways in Heavensward. 2x DRK tank will be the default strat on every 8-man fight until the second expansion in 2017.

WolvenOne

It's not as if every tank isn't switching to DRK anyways in Heavensward. 2x DRK tank will be the default strat on every 8-man fight until the second expansion in 2017.

I'm tentatively staying Warrior, but I'll level DRK immediately after getting WAR to 60, just in case there's a temporary balance issue.

I'm rather attached to the class at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom