• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorian

Banned
Something just occurred to me.

I think the process is;

1. enter Early Access code
2. download expansion for Early Access.
3. Play Early Access.
4. When the expansion releases on the 23rd, enter the code from your copy to continue playing in the expansion area.

If this is correct what happens if you fantasia to an Au Ra but don't enter your copy code before playing again after the 23rd?

This got answered already right? You have until the 27th to register your code. If you are an Au Ra or in a heavensward zone come the 27th and you haven't registered a code then you will be locked out of that character.

Kenai

Theeeere it is. Dream is dead, and I retract CTRL-X, CTRL-V accusations. It was totally a CTRL-C.

Everythingiscasters.

I see. Well, I guess that makes sense if MCH is supposed to be sharing "a spot' with BRD. MCH wouldn't be able to do similar DPS while moving vs a standstill BRD cause that probably wouldn't be fair. Seems like they move more than a Minuet BRD though.

I do feel bad that the playstyle is going away, but I can kinda see why it is. Being able to move while not losing anything substantial was too tough of a nut to crack I guess.

Kenai

This got answered already right? You have until the 27th to register your code. If you are an Au Ra or in a heavensward zone come the 27th and you haven't registered a code then you will be locked out of that character.

Yup, Exact same if you stay in the Heavensward areas after early access is up. Locked out of your character til you put in that code.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
If any press types get a chance to ask, please inquire about improving the UI scaling (and ESPECIALLY that text dialog bubble which is not adjustable for no damn reason) on PC for 4K monitors. If they would fix this, I would seriously think about springing for a good 4K monitor for the game. =x As it is, everything is impossible to read. =/

RK9039

ffxiv_28052015_012115mejfe.jpg

Wtf is this?

If they are going to add Tactics Ogre Dragoon gear
TO8vk0A.jpg

then I'd like to see them add more.

Maybe the Knight gear from Final Fantasy Tactics?

Someone answered before but it's still good to know for those who just check the last page I guess.

Edit: Dragoon details for Blood of the Dragon out and about. Basically is a duration buff that effects their skills + allows for 3 new weaponskills. Two new finishers off Full Thrust / Chaos Thrust and then a standalone one (Geirskogul) that reduces the duration of BotD. So basically: Build up duration with the new 4th hits in their combos, dump some with Geirskogul, rinse, repeat.

Got a link to the info?

Valnen

Email say they will cancel if there's no funds available

How the hell am I going to get another $71 before the 1st. God damn it Square, it's ridiculous to spring this on us on such short notice. I notice the CE is still up for preorder on the site, maybe if I'm super super lucky and they end up cancelling my preorder, I'll be able to redo my order on the third. Why can't everyone just be as awesome as Amazon? They give you days to correct your payment if it fails =(.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Region? If NA than GMG has had some great deals for it off and on, I'd wait for it to go on sale again there.

45 for collectors digital I think it was.
Anything outside of the e-store for the digital EU PC version?

Leunam

Anybody here willing to help out with the first stage of my relic? I need to meld two materia to my knives. Already have everything purchased. I'm on Sargatanas.

Semper88

Thanks chum.

Tons of skills without making anything old really redundant. I was already fully loaded in the game skillwise. Would be a pain to deal with an extra step to two already long combos as well as managing another thing that needs complete uptime.

This bothers me as too, I'm a bit worried that i won't be able to pull off all the different combo's. Took me a while to be a 600+ Dragoon due all the skills that i had to use on a controller. Getting more skills will make it really hard.. maybe I'm just not good at it but doing DPS on a controller is very doable but it gets hard when you have to move and DPS as the same time because some of the actions I can't use without letting go of my sticks.

On another note, BLM and SMN look like a whole new thing. Got em both geared up with some sweet dreadwyrn and waiting.

This bothers me as too, I'm a bit worried that i won't be able to pull off all the different combo's. Took me a while to be a 600+ Dragoon due all the skills that i had to use on a controller. Getting more skills will make it really hard.. maybe I'm just not good at it but doing DPS on a controller is very doable but it gets hard when you have to move and DPS as the same time because some of the actions I can't use without letting go of my sticks.

On another note, BLM and SMN look like a whole new thing. Got em both geared up with some sweet dreadwyrn and waiting.

Eventually they will have to address the skill bloat in the game. I expect a major rebalancing patch or it to happen at some expansion. The combo system makes it so the early weak skills are never replaceable/obsolete. Now they could nip this in the bud with creative use of new skills. Like for instance if Blood of the Dragon made it so you can start the 2 DRG combos from the second step. Meaning when it is up or down you have 2 3 step combros. There are a bunch of other skills that seem so unnecessary as well though so they could reduce the bloat a ton of different ways (like how I've always complained about how Power Surge is just a skill on cooldown that buffs another skill on cooldown).

I mean I can't even think of how these new skills will effect the rotation timings since they are pretty exact right now (well guess I don't know that...so "when I left" instead). You only have a certain number of GCDs before you have to reapply another buff/dot that can't come in the middle of a combo.

Don't know why but I'm getting frequent recommendations as a Ninja after dungeons.

I thought that was usually reserved for Tank or Healer and I can't really ask people about it after the fact unfortunately.

scy

Eventually they will have to address the skill bloat in the game. I expect a major rebalancing patch or it to happen at some expansion. The combo system makes it so the early weak skills are never replaceable/obsolete. Now they could nip this in the bud with creative use of new skills.

Alternatively, combos that don't actually branch don't really need multiple slots. Like, True Thrust -> Vorpal Thrust -> Full Thrust -> New Finisher doesn't actually need four spaces?

They said they had something in store to deal with the extra skills being added but nobody has commented on that yet so I guess it wasn't in the build for the event they were at.

Alternatively, combos that don't actually branch don't really need multiple slots. Like, True Thrust -> Vorpal Thrust -> Full Thrust -> New Finisher doesn't actually need four spaces?

They said they had something in store to deal with the extra skills being added but nobody has commented on that yet so I guess it wasn't in the build for the event they were at.

Yeah that would be a good idea, but it does suck for the branching combos.

Got a quote for that second thing? Think I read something about them doing something for controller users, but it seemed like a way to have more skill access, not cut down on the bloat, which worried me.

I am hoping they add something like combo buttons, so I can cycle through a combo by pressing R2+O for example, when I land one hit it will flip to the next ability in the set combo, if the combo time runs out it'll revert back to the first move in the combo so I can restart it.

Being able to cut down on the number of slots need to execute melee combos at least would be useful. Not sure how that would affect magic users though since they don't have combos.

Semper88

I am hoping they add something like combo buttons, so I can cycle through a combo by pressing R2+O for example, when I land one hit it will flip to the next ability in the set combo, if the combo time runs out it'll revert back to the first move in the combo so I can restart it.

Being able to cut down on the number of slots need to execute melee combos at least would be useful. Not sure how that would affect magic users though since they don't have combos.

Yea something like this, just add a *flip* on the last used skill, this way we don't need more slots. It will just turn into the next combo move after used like full thrust changing into something else after use.

also.. how stable will the game be at launch.. because i got loads of free days so i might wanna take a day or two off to play some but if its 90% downtime.. i wasted my days.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
-Fixed a bug where Monk skills could not activate without shouting mangled Street Fighter move names.
-fixed a bug where playing Linkin Park AMVs in your ps4 browser automatically switched your class to Dark Knight.
-Due to a related change Eos actually listened to you and used her abilities on time. This was unintended and has been removed.

Demoskinos

Just came back from a ~2month hiatus from the game. My raid group replaced me so sort of a free agent ATM. Have experience up to T13 final phase (pre-echo). If anyone needs them a replacement BLM to swap in I might be interested especially in Turn 13 runs. Would like to actually beat it even though ya know... its pretty nerfed now.

plake

Just came back from a ~2month hiatus from the game. My raid group replaced me so sort of a free agent ATM. Have experience up to T13 final phase (pre-echo). If anyone needs them a replacement BLM to swap in I might be interested especially in Turn 13 runs. Would like to actually beat it even though ya know... its pretty nerfed now.

Wb!

Server would help

IvorB

Don't know why but I'm getting frequent recommendations as a Ninja after dungeons.

I thought that was usually reserved for Tank or Healer and I can't really ask people about it after the fact unfortunately.

Nah not really, I've got a couple of hundreds by now and I only ever play DPS. I guess people just like your deeps... :)

For any Europeans worried about what date they would be charged for their preorder, Squeenix Europe have reassured me it should be around 10 days before as initially promised:

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

The European store operates independently from the American store. We will charge you about 10 days prior to release, however, this can vary and we are unable to guarantee a specific date when payment will be taken.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know!

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team

Valor

For any Europeans worried about what date they would be charged for their preorder, Squeenix Europe have reassured me it should be around 10 days before as initially promised:

I'm not too sure how much you can trust their word.

They can't even spell "center" correctly.

Hasney

I'm not too sure how much you can trust their word.

They can't even spell "center" correctly.

My request to cancel a pre-order took 4 days and had to be escalated to a manager just to do it. I only sent one email and didn't chase it up, but I got updates about how a manager had to cancel it. Yay SEnix Europe!

Still getting it, just decided I didn't need a dragon taking up space.

Jayhawk

Somebody get YoshiP to allow macro actions to be queued up, so I can re-implement this baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom