• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frazley

Great morning! :D Found out my PS4 Physical Collector's Edition will be preparing for shipment and I'll get charged on June 1st.

Today my Delivery Moogle just arrived! KUPO!

Add to that, I'm addicted to Witcher 3 right now! :p

B-Ri

So my FFXI Taru Taru is gone forever but now i feel like playing an MMO ... so ....

Where does GAF play XIV? Is there a Linkshell system like XI had?

iammeiam

we should do this

It's been done tho which kills some of the mystery; I still want solo tank T11.

We need to convince Yoshi P to make weird group comps drop bonus loot. Nobody does things for fun, but sticking loot on it mayyyyyyyybe the pool of people interested expands beyond 3 or 4.

The biggest problem with bonus loot being people would just want to wait for guides and ape existing strats to get to loot phase faster. RIP Science, dead of neglect, nobody loves you

Stuart444

So my FFXI Taru Taru is gone forever but now i feel like playing an MMO ... so ....

Where does GAF play XIV? Is there a Linkshell system like XI had?

Majority of GAF plays on Ultros where we have a free company (guilds basically).

FFXIV does have linkshells which act as chatrooms rather than guilds and are regularly used by statics or for other stuff like hunt linkshells (which call out when hunt mobs are up) and stuff like that.

Stuart444

Maybe. But I get the impression that parsers aren't that common. outside of statics raiding.

Don't need parsers to tell if other players are doing good if you have any knowledge of the other classes. So could be people commending you because 1. They know your class and think you're doing a good job or 2. They feel sorry for you being a DPS and want to give you a comm since healers/tanks get them more. anyway.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Serious talk. What's the best use of Steel Cyclone? Feels kind of a waste to dump full stack into AOE hate.

It's been done tho which kills some of the mystery; I still want solo tank T11.

We need to convince Yoshi P to make weird group comps drop bonus loot. Nobody does things for fun, but sticking loot on it mayyyyyyyybe the pool of people interested expands beyond 3 or 4.

The biggest problem with bonus loot being people would just want to wait for guides and ape existing strats to get to loot phase faster. RIP Science, dead of neglect, nobody loves you

ok, but let's just do SOMETHING? this game so ded.

iammeiam

ok, but let's just do SOMETHING? this game so ded.

You're telling me. Find other people with a workable schedule and we can do stupid things (other things I want to do: kill the T11 egg first. I think the sphere and cube will merge but nobody seems to have ever seen it. Hit T10 soft enrage in P1 and see how long we can hold out. Run T1-13 one last time just because and try to actually remember how to do all the mechanics. Etc.)

I've resorted to leveling another job which is the truest sign I can think of of nothing to do.

I'm hoping the expac hits before I start doing book dungeons again. I'm pretty sure I've instructed people to kill me if that happens.

(One can only play so much Witcher at a time before the Steam Current Session timer seems like criticism)

You're telling me. Find other people with a workable schedule and we can do stupid things (other things I want to do: kill the T11 egg first. I think the sphere and cube will merge but nobody seems to have ever seen it. Hit T10 soft enrage in P1 and see how long we can hold out. Run T1-13 one last time just because and try to actually remember how to do all the mechanics. Etc.)

I've resorted to leveling another job which is the truest sign I can think of of nothing to do.

I'm hoping the expac hits before I start doing book dungeons again. I'm pretty sure I've instructed people to kill me if that happens.

(One can only play so much Witcher at a time before the Steam Current Session timer seems like criticism)

if we figure out a time and a group of people I am always up for doing stuff.

Also my Witcher 3 time on GoG broke for a while so it says I'm well over 30 hours but I think it lost an entire day of playtime?

I'm kind of glad it doesn't have my real playtime /o\

scy

I'm up for experiments, given the right group of people also wanting to do experiments.

I would but I also could use those book dungeons for this fourth Zeta...

Don't need parsers to tell if other players are doing good if you have any knowledge of the other classes. So could be people commending you because 1. They know your class and think you're doing a good job or 2. They feel sorry for you being a DPS and want to give you a comm since healers/tanks get them more. anyway.
As a healer I'm always willing to give DPS recommendations provided they've been avoiding damage.

I still rarely give them recommendations though.

kierwynn

You say that, but I can barely pull my group away from the witcher for an hour or so to play this game. (Odo has legit done almost nothing but play witcher- his play time was at 6 days or something crazy like that Tuesday)

I actually have time to play now and wanna do things but the witcher ruined that!

iammeiam

I would but I also could use those book dungeons for this fourth Zeta...

...I do have 75 Alex....

This isn't going to end well is it.

You say that, but I can barely pull my group away from the witcher for an hour or so to play this game. (Odo has legit done almost nothing but play witcher- his play time was at 6 days or something crazy like that Tuesday)

I actually have time to play now and wanna do things but the witcher ruined that!

I blame the question marks. It's the eternal quest for just one more until I shift tab and realize I've been chasing map markers for a full workday.

Well, the question marks and the floating naked
undead baby.
real life and ffxiv are just too tame in comparison

Stuart444

I keep forgetting about my hunting log when leveling classes/jobs 'casually'.

I checked today on my WHM which is level 40 and it's only got a few into rank 2 finished. So lots of hunting log stuff to do.

I just tend to queue up low level roulette and guildhest roulette and then forget about my other jobs until the next day at the reset where I do the same again.

All that wasted EXP. Ah well, at least I can sort that before I get to 50 so it won't be completely wasted (Until my Arcanist log which I didn't finish until I remembered about it months after I reached 50 lol)

gryvan

I think odo needs an intervention

Makes sense.

I think I'm starting to wind down now. There's really not much that I want to do before the expansion releases. Already have PLD, WHM, WAR, and NIN ready to go. I'll probably log back on a few days before Early Access to make sure everything is in order.

Until then, it's Witcher 3 (and other things) for me.

...I do have 75 Alex....

This isn't going to end well is it.

I blame the question marks. It's the eternal quest for just one more until I shift tab and realize I've been chasing map markers for a full workday.

Well, the question marks and the floating naked
undead baby.
real life and ffxiv are just too tame in comparison

you gotta beat bloodborne first. stop playing things out of order

scy

Not long now. :D

Still wonder how much emergency maint they will have on the 19th. No public testing so I can see some issues cropping up that require emergency maint.

Early Access will be up for around 17 total minutes before being crushed under the weight.

RK9039

Serious talk. What's the best use of Steel Cyclone? Feels kind of a waste to dump full stack into AOE hate.

Steel Cyclone is only useful when there's large pack the party is focusing on, I don't use it often but I usually do it when I'm the off-tank. That's really the only time I use it.

Stuart444

Steel Cyclone is only useful when there's large pack the party is focusing on, I don't use it often but I usually do it when I'm the off-tank.

I like using it in ST when I'm MTing trash mobs. Steel Cyclone + Overpower spam + Holmgang. Great combo haha.

I don't tend to use it in general dungeons though. Never see much of a need to but I also don't like speed running much where I would guess it would be used more.

I think the servers will be probably kinda stable, largely because of the queue system(which has been improved a lot after the relaunch failures). DF and such though, that's another story, I expect it to be unstable as shit. Oh and they might re-add the kick on afk timer thing and you'll want to log in like 4hours early if you want to play at all during prime time.

Positive thing is Ultros isn't Gilgamesh. Gilgamesh is going to be a major clusterfuck I'm pretty sure. That and Behemoth(or is it Bahamut) and the other overpopulated servers.

I do expect downtime like 6hours top after the start of the early access though, because of instance crashing FATE or some other bug of the sort.

RK9039

I like using it in ST when I'm MTing trash mobs. Steel Cyclone + Overpower spam + Holmgang. Great combo haha.

I don't tend to use it in general dungeons though. Never see much of a need to but I also don't like speed running much where I would guess it would be used more.

Yeah, I can see it being useful if people are doing speed runs. I'm really looking forward to these new skills now.

I know people say Ultros is dead-ish but it's busy enough to me. Makes me wonder what the busy servers are like.

With 30 something parties in Party Finder. Of course whether a large number of those PF's are actually successful in what they accomplish to do is quite another.

BadRNG

Multiple quick add pick up for the small handful of bosses where that is relevant I guess. Outside of that it's just for speed running 4mans. 200 potency/great threat/ignores Defiance penalty, pretty perfect for taking down groups of trash.

No sense of adventure this one~
Kagari had fun once, it was terrible.

iammeiam

Bard isn't dead yet. It's been diagnosed with nondispellable Doom and will die sometime between June 16th and 18th, but we have a few weeks left. Time to be as fabulous as possible while we can, before 3.0 forces us all into the unemployment line.

Not that this matters to ninjas.

WolvenOne

Ultros actually has a lot of people going through Story stuff. It's kinda fun actually, seems like I end up saving somebody with a Shrub over thier head from a set of mobs or fate boss two or three times per week.

It'd make me want to level another class, except I can't really stomach DPS queues.

PS: Two ponies to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom