• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
aFbTBqs.png

scy

Theeeere it is. Dream is dead, and I retract CTRL-X, CTRL-V accusations. It was totally a CTRL-C.

Everythingiscasters.

CTRL-X, think about it, CTRL-Z, CTRL-V elsewhere.

guess I now got promoted to doing all the running around mechanics.

Edit: On that note, Tri-Disaster might not take Aetherflow and still undecided on what the hell Painflare does, costs, or anything related to it.

but hey, Ruin 3

iammeiam

Next we find out movement breaks Bahamut Trance and every encounter from here on out is just going to be ranged arguing over who has to sacrifice their DPS bragging rights to mechanics.
(It'll be the machinist because no cast time on attachments makes for better stance dancing. )

iammeiam

...we've reached the point of trusting Tomo with mechanics? 3.0 not even here yet and we've scraped the bottom of the barrel to nothing.

Edit: wait, can we have Eos do mechanics? I trust Eos.

scy

Um ...

Selene? I need that Spell Speed.

Edit: Dragoon details for Blood of the Dragon out and about. Basically is a duration buff that effects their skills + allows for 3 new weaponskills. Two new finishers off Full Thrust / Chaos Thrust and then a standalone one (Geirskogul) that reduces the duration of BotD. So basically: Build up duration with the new 4th hits in their combos, dump some with Geirskogul, rinse, repeat.

chrono01

I received the same email.

I'm surprised to see them charging for shipment so early [over three weeks before release], but maybe this means they'll be shipping it our earlier than expected. I could very well receive it the day of release if not sooner! Probably not, but I'm hopeful anyway.

It doesn't really matter, since I have Early Access anyway, but it would be nice to have the expansion registered so I can play without interruption. I live in Canada, so I'm not sure how long delivery will take. I did pay for Express shipping, so hopefully not too long...

iammeiam

Astro still sounds interesting--more variety than WHM or SCH since the stance you set prior to combat changes how heals work, and with cards for RNG fun times. Could end up being a mess but it doesn't sound unworkable.

Mmm bard salty tears

I renounced Bard like days ago, where have you been? Maining Fisher now.

PS in the time it took me to post this you let Chocolate die. Five times.

I'm surprised to see them charging for shipment so early [over three weeks before release], but maybe this means they'll be shipping it our earlier than expected. I could very well receive it the day of release if not sooner! Probably not, but I'm hopeful anyway.

It doesn't really matter, since I have Early Access anyway, but it would be nice to have the expansion registered so I can play without interruption. I live in Canada, so I'm not sure how long delivery will take. I did pay for Express shipping, so hopefully not too long...

There's most likely going to be a 1week or more grace period to enter a valid key before you lose access, they did that for launch and it's common practice for mmos. But there's also no reason for them not to send them in advance I guess. Maybe datamining the disc stuff.

chrono01

There's most likely going to be a 1week or more grace period to enter a valid key before you lose access, they did that for launch and it's common practice for mmos. But there's also no reason for them not to send them in advance I guess. Maybe datamining the disc stuff.
That'd be nice. I think they did the grace period, though, for all of the constant errors they experienced during the Early Access. My memory could be a bit fuzzy on that, however.

Speaking of, here's hoping we don't see the return of those errors. I still wake up in cold sweats at night just thinking about them.

WolvenOne

Have we been fully briefed on what changes will be made to Skill Speed and Spell Speed?

I'm kinda hearing different things from different people.

scy

:lol Ninja changes. Huton extender as a finisher to their SE > GS chain and a cooldown to triple their next skill used. Still otherwise pretty light on the rest of their stuff.

Have we been fully briefed on what changes will be made to Skill Speed and Spell Speed?

Increased damage with no adjustment to duration (aka, DoT Determination). Spell Speed to also work with SMN Pets, nothing stated I think for Skill Speed and MCH turrets.

WolvenOne

:lol Ninja changes

Increased damage with no adjustment to duration (aka, DoT Determination). Spell Speed to also work with SMN Pets, nothing stated I think for Skill Speed and MCH turrets.

Hmm, well I better hope that the additional means of TP-Replenishment can scale then. <_<;;

Edit: Thinking when we're nearing the end of 3.0, and everyone has access to gobs of SS.

Killthee

FWIW, they took two weeks after charging me to ship the delivery moogle I preordered from them back in December. Wouldn't be surprised if they're charging that early so they have enough time to prepare all the shipments for launch.

Yeah early access expires on the 27th.

Mogstation said:
The FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Early Access period will end on June 27, 2015 at [12:01 a.m.] [PDT].

Players must either redeem their FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward registration code or move their characters out of the Heavensward areas of FINAL FANTASY XIV before the end of the Early Access period, otherwise players may lose access to their character until they redeem their registration code.

chrono01

FWIW, they took two weeks after charging me to ship the delivery moogle I preordered from them back in December. Wouldn't be surprised if they're charging that early so they have enough time to prepare all the shipments for launch.
Two weeks? Nice, that would mean the shipment could go out as early as June 14th. With Express shipping, I should easily receive it by the 23rd. ...Maybe.

Nice to see that Early Access runs until the 27th, though.

iammeiam

Bard details up. No idea what the new Paeon does. Still.

Attacking while moving around has been part of the identity of bard, so although you might be a bit worried about needing to stop for casting time, when you see the damage improvement you'll know that it's worth it.

What if I don't want to sacrifice my identity for DPS ;_;

Eldren

Bard details up. No idea what the new Paeon does. Still.

What if I don't want to sacrifice my identity for DPS ;_;

One of us, one of us

Machinist is looking to be more stationary than I originally thought, which suits me fine because I main BLM anyway so I'm used to that. RIP bards though

Stuart444

Um ...

Selene? I need that Spell Speed.

Edit: Dragoon details for Blood of the Dragon out and about. Basically is a duration buff that effects their skills + allows for 3 new weaponskills. Two new finishers off Full Thrust / Chaos Thrust and then a standalone one (Geirskogul) that reduces the duration of BotD. So basically: Build up duration with the new 4th hits in their combos, dump some with Geirskogul, rinse, repeat.

I like the sound of that. Need to see it in action for myself though. not long left :D

BadRNG

:lol Ninja changes. Huton extender as a finisher to their SE > GS chain and a cooldown to triple their next skill used. Still otherwise pretty light on the rest of their stuff.
Positional and huton extension seems like really small changes compared to most classes. Triple attack thing sounds like we'll be getting shadow clones after all.

Am I Au Ra AST yet.
Tomorrow.

Valnen

I don't get paid in full until the third. They better not immediately cancel my order if they try and charge on the first. That's WAY too soon to try and charge.

Omnicent

Additionally, there will also be an action allows a single weapon skill to hit three times
Taken from Slycer Translation on BJ under the NIN section
This is some good ninja burst here. A 3 hit Aeolian edge is 960 total potency. I now see why they gave NIN the enmity abilities. That burst is going to
be fucking good

Positional and huton extension seems like really small changes compared to most classes. Triple attack thing sounds like we'll be getting shadow clones after all.

Tomorrow.

why you trying to get my hopes up when it will likely be a "Next weapon skill deal triple the potency" and not have an animation that is like shadow clones (though it would be a good way to tie into thet lv50 story quest for NIN if it does)

That's...a good question.

I assume yes, since you're basically playing the game in its entirety at that point.

Something just occurred to me.

I think the process is;

1. enter Early Access code
2. download expansion for Early Access.
3. Play Early Access.
4. When the expansion releases on the 23rd, enter the code from your copy to continue playing in the expansion area.

If this is correct what happens if you fantasia to an Au Ra but don't enter your copy code before playing again after the 23rd?

chrono01

If this is correct what happens if you fantasia to an Au Ra but don't enter your copy code before playing again after the 23rd?
When you log back in your character is forcibly changed to a Roe. Eternally changed. You will forever be a Roe, until the end of your days.

I'm not entirely sure. The same goes for if you start leveling one of the new classes and log out as one before your Early Access expires.

Omnicent

When you log back in your character is forcibly changed to a Roe. Eternally changed. You will forever be a Roe, until the end of your days.

I'm not entirely sure. The same goes for if you start leveling one of the new classes and log out as one before your Early Access expires.

This hurts, Femroe is life... LIFE! Now if you mean male roe then that's fine.

Killthee

I assume we will be allowed to fantasia into Au Ra during the early start, correct?
I assume so if you have a fantasia on hand or if you buy one. If you're planning on using a CE fantasia that's probably tied to the CE registration code.

I don't get paid in full until the third. They better not immediately cancel my order if they try and charge on the first. That's WAY too soon to try and charge.
Email say they will cancel if there's no funds available : /
Something just occurred to me.

I think the process is;

1. enter Early Access code
2. download expansion for Early Access.
3. Play Early Access.
4. When the expansion releases on the 23rd, enter the code from your copy to continue playing in the expansion area.

I assume the same thing that happens if you remain in a Heavensward zone without registering a code before the 27th, you'll lose access to the character until you register the code.

DarkKyo

I assume so if you have a fantasia on hand or if you buy one. If you're planning on using a CE fantasia that's probably tied to the CE registration code.

I already have one from long ago(one of the couple of free ones you get early on in 2.0) that I've been saving for Au Ra, I just wasn't sure about if you could actually use the service during early start since it's an odd in-between phase of sorts. But I'm pretty confident we should be able to as I imagine Au Ra character creation will be open by then(being a big feature of Heavensward).

I get the impression that they're actively encouraging stance dancing now with the tank classes.

I wonder if they'll change PLD's stances to offGCD. Would be helpful since you can still keep up your rhythm/current combo.

Stuart444

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/37h6sa/so_we_called_ses_support_about_psn_digital/

Huh.

Two players in my FC called the french support with a few hours between both calls.

"When can we expect to see those versions on the PS Store?"
"We hope those to be released before the launch on the 23rd."
"There's also the early-access starting on the 19th."
"Right, we hope they are released before the early-access."
"Let's hope together then."

Any tips for fighting Garuda before I try it? Seems complicated from what I read.

Normal? Iirc, it's simple but probably the hardest of the 3 NM primals.

Tank keeps Garuda to the north, away from the pillars (dmg of her ultimate move depends on how much of the pillars are left).

When she jumps up, hide behind the pillars away from wherever she appears. (I forget the pattern outside of her first jump where she lands to the north where she should have been tanked up until then).

Kill the plumes asap when they are up.

No adds besides the plumes to worry about.

So Just keep hiding away when she jumps, kill plumes and kill her til you win.

edit: See below for a video of it. Including the bits I forgot about. (like I said, been a long while since I've done Garuda Normal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom