• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.
TJdoeui.png

Time to start fresh. I'm excited. Thinking I'm going to play a warrior so I can tank. :)

Pachimari

Hmm, I'm thinking of making a whole new character and starting all over. I only got to lvl 15 anyway.

I would like to start from the beginning with the keyboard/mouse controls.

Is this even possible?
I don't remember.

Decided to go hunting with some FC-mates for the first time despite how long I've been playing this game.

First mark was Safat. Dear lord I was not aware Safat was actually a hard fight. Hundreds of other players were there and it still took a good 15-20 mins to kill it because of the poison combined with the terror debuff it was wiping out hundreds of players at once.

Semper88

Decided to go hunting with some FC-mates for the first time despite how long I've been playing this game.

First mark was Safat. Dear lord I was not aware Safat was actually a hard fight. Hundreds of other players were there and it still took a good 15-20 mins to kill it because of the poison combined with the terror debuff it was wiping out hundreds of players at once.

Uh.. where I'm from it gets zerged in 2 mins.

Good to see you are actually having fun in hunting, the way it was supposed to be.. never worked like that for us on Phoenix.

xxczx

people forget hunts actually have mechanics and just run whenever a hunt pops up in their little LS and scream bloody mary in /shout for an inv.

Getting a group together non-prime time when there's only eight of us is the best, A ranks become fun.

IvorB

people forget hunts actually have mechanics and just run whenever a hunt pops up in their little LS and scream bloody mary in /shout for an inv.

Getting a group together non-prime time when there's only eight of us is the best, A ranks become fun.

Yeah Euro daytime hunting is the best.

RPGCrazied

So I want to make my chocobo's color blood red. Says I need Valfruit x14, O'Ghomoro Berries x14, Xelphatol Apple x14. You can't buy the seeds. I know the estate has a garden. I don't know if I have allied seals or not, I know about getting fate seals though. How do you farm allied ones?

IvorB

So I want to make my chocobo's color blood red. Says I need Valfruit x14, O'Ghomoro Berries x14, Xelphatol Apple x14. You can't buy the seeds. I know the estate has a garden. I don't know if I have allied seals or not, I know about getting fate seals though. How do you farm allied ones?

If you ask Drama very nicely there's a possibility...

I think the allied seals are the ones from hunts.

IvorB

Who is that? The guild gardener? :) Well, the fruit seems so expensive on the marketboard, and I don't have that much. Like 61k.

Yes, I believe Comrade Zeni is in charge of the garden. Best person to reach out to. Or ask in the thread as suggested. I didn't know about the thread so I've actually made a request myself that I've been meaning to make. You can find it here if you're looking.

Valor

Who is that? The guild gardener? :) Well, the fruit seems so expensive on the marketboard, and I don't have that much. Like 61k.

I'm sure Drama will help you with the fruits and stuff. There's a thread on our Guildworks site about it/requesting certain gardening stuff I would direct you towards. She usually seems to be pretty good at helping people in an orderly fashion.

dramatis

If you ask in FC chat actually, there might be a GAF Gold member who can grab the fruits from the chest for you. We have a preexisting stock for people who want to dye their chocobo, although on occasion more needs to be grown to replenish.

Just as long as you remember you cannot take your chocobo out of the stable for 6 hours after you start feeding, and that when feeding you should rotate the fruits (Valfruit -> Berry -> Apple -> Valfruit, etc.). All of the fruit go in at once, so force feed your chocobo.

dramatis

Lol because why not blitzball.
"We can’t say it’s been decided yet, this may be just half-joking so don’t write it down as confirmed," [YoshiP] said. "But there was a meeting about two months ago where I had a chance to speak with Kitase-San, and I mentioned there seemed to be a big demand for implementing a Blitzball element in Final Fantasy XIV, and Kitase-San was just like, 'Oh wow, I never knew that? That could be cool to consider!' So let’s just say… that conversation happened.

RPGCrazied

I'm sure Drama will help you with the fruits and stuff. There's a thread on our Guildworks site about it/requesting certain gardening stuff I would direct you towards. She usually seems to be pretty good at helping people in an orderly fashion.

Thanks for the information! :)

If you ask in FC chat actually, there might be a GAF Gold member who can grab the fruits from the chest for you. We have a preexisting stock for people who want to dye their chocobo, although on occasion more needs to be grown to replenish.

Just as long as you remember you cannot take your chocobo out of the stable for 6 hours after you start feeding, and that when feeding you should rotate the fruits (Valfruit -> Berry -> Apple -> Valfruit, etc.). All of the fruit go in at once, so force feed your chocobo.

So, feed all 14 Valfruit, then all 14 Berries and same for apple?

RPGCrazied

No, Feed one, then one, then one, and repeat until finished.

Rotating through the foods until each food is done. one at a time

Gotcha. I really just want red so it matches my armor and grand company. :) Think it looks cool.

EDIT: I made a request for the fruits on the guild forum, and I'll ask later in FC chat. Don't want to seem like a pest, so I wont pester. :)

Reached level 45 White Mage just as my sub ended, time to get 30 more days. I can pay with my Steam wallet, right?

Also, when are we Steam users going to be able to buy the expansion?

Leunam

Just hit 50 the other day. I took a look at the stuff in the OP as well so I'm working on unlocking some stuff. I'm getting close to 875 soldiery so should I go ahead and buy a body piece before I fight Hard mode Titan and unlock crystal tower? Would be a good boost to my stats and I'm sure I can get 110 soldiery by the time I'm nearing completion of my relic.

Stuart444

Just hit 50 the other day. I took a look at the stuff in the OP as well so I'm working on unlocking some stuff. I'm getting close to 875 soldiery so should I go ahead and buy a body piece before I fight Hard mode Titan and unlock crystal tower? Would be a good boost to my stats and I'm sure I can get 110 soldiery by the time I'm nearing completion of my relic.

It can't hurt but you don't need much for CT. just meet the min ilvl requirements (50) and you can get CT gear, then meet min req or ST and get better gear there, and finally WoD for the i120 stuff.

But yeah, just unlock CT asap and do it for i80ish gear.

Still no early access codes for PS4 given out yet I take it? Not freaking out yet but dammit the only reason I got the disc was to get early access. >_<

Don't know if anyone has them, mainly talking about the Digital version then again maybe early access codes will be out for that once the PSN situation is sorted out?

Well the fastest way to increase ilvl is to buy cheaper pieces first, though that's obviously not the most useful in terms of stats. Since you really don't need any gear to do ST however, that's a valid way to get i80 or whatever it was. Buy ring/necklace/bracer/belt first, you can buy 2 for the price of the chest piece, which will bump your ilvl faster. And you can run labyrinth for some drops too after that to get there quick.

Leunam

Thanks for the replies. I may end up buying the body piece and filling in the other gaps with CT Gear. Right now I just need a survivability boost since I barely survived I frit and Garuda, and I avoided almost everything they threw at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom