• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lren

Finishing up my light farming for the Gae Bolg then probably dropping the rest of the quest line. Feels like a better idea to save my gil for Heavensward at this point. At the very least, it's made capping 900 poetics very easy!

Amneisac

If anyone's around to invite to <GAF> tonight I'd appreciate it. I'm in guildworks already from back in the day, in-game name is Pablo Honey (same on GW).

Thanks!

dramatis

If anyone's around to invite to <GAF> tonight I'd appreciate it. I'm in guildworks already from back in the day, in-game name is Pablo Honey (same on GW).

Thanks!
Just highlight a GAF dude and find the Free Company profile, if you apply we'll see it right away.

Valor

so are machinists gonna be just as mobile as bards?

Since bards are going to be "stand here and shoot this thing" yes.

It sounds like they have an option to be mobile/light dps and an option to be a bit heavier on the dps and stationary. They likely won't be able to move while shooting, however. Or, I'd be surprised if they were.

so are machinists gonna be just as mobile as bards?

It seems more? They're changing bard so you have a song that increases damage but forces you to cast your skills instead of them being instant, Machinists have this too but apparently machinists switching to this mode is instant while bard is a song so probably 2secs cast time, making machinists a bit more mobile, maybe. We don't know the details.

iammeiam

Minuet song time seems standard length, both based on reports and the preview video, which means not only does stance dancing waste a GCD and require you to be stationary for it, it's also going to delay the next GCD slightly. And require like... 4.5 seconds of standing still to get to the first damage dealt? Push out further for buffs because no bard is going to blow three seconds by popping a buff before singing. Which is going to be hilarious if they don't adjust it and treat switching to the new Paeon like current song switching.

Minuet and machinist's Gauss Barrel seem to have identical effects on gameplay down to sacrificing autos and gaining access to special abilities. Outside of those stances, both jobs seem fairly if not entirely mobile still. Unless the turret stances are really imbalanced towards one of the other, they should end up with the same general mobility. With instant attachment giving Machinist a slight edge.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, to the crafting and gathering gurus out there. What can I do now to ensure that I can get a good start and become a crafting/gathering guru in Heavensward?

Ruruja

So, to the crafting and gathering gurus out there. What can I do now to ensure that I can get a good start and become a crafting/gathering guru in Heavensward?

Other than getting your crafting classes to 50 and having the class-specific green gear I wouldn't delve too deep into acquiring and melding Artisan gear with HW so close.

My advice is to gather tons of HQ mats as they'll be in high demand when HW is out (so you can either sell for loads or not have to spend all your money getting them).

Disclaimer: I'm not a guru though, so take my advice with a pinch of salt.

IvorB

This actually sounds great:

Amon - Bend over. Between the constant frog status, aetherial bombs going off, Kum-kums, getting frozen and general "fuck you" from Amon, this fight was difficult. We chose to ignore slimes for more DPS time on Amon, the statuses they give off aren't too bad (temporarily silence, pacification, etc.) The real killer here is the snakes. We found the best method is to simply kite them around and get them low on HP. There can only be 3 snakes up at a time. So when one would close in on a frozen person, we could then stun and kill them easily. It was mainly a matter of trying to keep as many dots on Amon as possible while running circles around the map dodging snakes and people with bombs on them. Difficult fight but probably the most fun I've had in ST.

gnDjPRU.png

This game is pretty damn fun.

Yeah it is. :)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I think you waited too long to ask this question

Eh, I guess. Everything is 50. So, wasn't sure if maybe HQ mat hording or materia hording or something to that effect would be good. Was more curious what others were doing to prep.

IvorB

Just how many accounts does Wtbgg'com Cheapgilmmk have? I've blocked this guy about 20 times now, keeps harassing me.

There's no point blocking him. He changes the last few letters of his name to make nearly infinite accounts. He can make them as fast as you block them and your blacklist will be full before he's done.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Only thing I don't like is the loading screens between areas. Gives me Everquest vibes from that at least though

Yeah you can blame ps3 for that lol. Most of the world is designed like its's one big area for the most part. You can see this from some glitchy spots where you can get where you are not supposed to and go off the map

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Trying my best to get the final form of the relic before Heavensward. Currently at 800~999 light.

I'm really impressed that each step of the relic questline appears to be more annoying than any of the previous ones.

Lren

Trying my best to get the final form of the relic before Heavensward. Currently at 800~999 light.

I'm really impressed that each step of the relic questline appears to be more annoying than any of the previous ones.

You go from "Wow, I can't wait to get to the next step. It sounds -SO- much better!" to "I really miss doing the previous step right now..."

CLBridges

I know I'm very late to the party, but finally got my relic to Animus. Those Atma books were pretty much hell and I'm amazed at people who have multiple Zeta's or whatever the last part of the relic quest is, that's dedication to the grind right there.

I liked the parts of the relic quests that involved the unique trials.

When I got to the phase where you have to do fates in various zones I lost interest.

I'm fine with the soldiery/poetics weaponry.

The concept of a weapon that you can grow is interesting but what's involved ultimately became too grindy for me to handle.

LowParry

I liked the parts of the relic quests that involved the unique trials.

When I got to the phase where you have to do fates in various zones I lost interest.

I'm fine with the soldiery/poetics weaponry.

The concept of a weapon that you can grow is interesting but what's involved ultimately became too grindy for me to handle.

I'm hoping they tone that down a little. I don't mind instance like farming since it's easy to get into and you get an end result. But the fate farming stuff I've heard plenty of. Naw. I'll pass.

I'm hoping they tone that down a little. I don't mind instance like farming since it's easy to get into and you get an end result. But the fate farming stuff I've heard plenty of. Naw. I'll pass.

That stuff was fine by me. What stopped me in my tracks was the stuff that took a ton of moneys. Needing a ton of rank 4 materia made it so I couldn't complete that part.

aceface

Grats Tomo and Chocolate, glad we finally got you your clears :)

Thank you! Honestly when I started doing this with no MMO experience I didn't even think I was going to try coil much less beat all of it. Doing it with Chocolate at my side has been a great experience for both of us. Special thanks to everyone who helped us along the way, especially Angary and Rin who wiped with us on T13 for hours and hours of practice when they had absolutely no reason to.

Yay! That Acolyte's robe I picked up on my very first run through Sastasha. Still one of my favorite gear pieces in the game.

Thank you! Honestly when I started doing this with no MMO experience I didn't even think I was going to try coil much less beat all of it. Doing it with Chocolate at my side has been a great experience for both of us. Special thanks to everyone who helped us along the way, especially Angary and Rin who wiped with us on T13 for hours and hours of practice when they had absolutely no reason to.

Yay! That Acolyte's robe I picked up on my very first run through Sastasha. Still one of my favorite gear pieces in the game.

There isn't really anyone in the NeoGAF FC "elite" enough for you to feel like you owe them for running with you guys. You guys did well in our original group and got alot better as time went by.

Congrats on the kill though, you guys earned it even if only for the extreme endurance it takes to still be playing that game.

iammeiam

Special thanks to everyone who helped us along the way, especially Angary and Rin who wiped with us on T13 for hours and hours of practice when they had absolutely no reason to.

Psssssht. Do you remember way back when to T8? It is your fault I ever regularly did coil things in the first place; wiping you for hours with bad healing and bad barding is the least I could do in payback.

Congratulations on beating the game please find me at some point this weekend so my Bahamut minion can fight your Louisoix minions as it is one of the few things in this world that still brings joy to my jaded and bitter heart.

T.O.P

Banned
Can anyone explain to me how do i get on the 3rd rank of my GC?

I completed the hunting log but the npc says something about a trial but doesn't specify shit, the other npcs there have no quest mark on them :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom