• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demoskinos

Finally catching up on all the expac news from the last two months. Really liking the changes to Black Mage. A haste spell is very welcomed. Wondering how Fire/Ice IV will work into the rotation.

Also letting people go into legacy dungeons without a full party sounds like a good time. I've always wanted to solo Hakkuke manor. Hoping that will be possible.

iammeiam

Also letting people go into legacy dungeons without a full party sounds like a good time. I've always wanted to solo Hakkuke manor. Hoping that will be possible.

This may actually be my most anticipated feature in expansion. Lets me try random dumb things without having to find other people to put up with it. I assume most of it will be pretty faceroll since it won't enforce level sync, but there is probably some entertainment to be extracted from it.

Stuart444

This may actually be my most anticipated feature in expansion. Lets me try random dumb things without having to find other people to put up with it. I assume most of it will be pretty faceroll since it won't enforce level sync, but there is probably some entertainment to be extracted from it.

Is it confirmed to not enforce level sync?

Cause if so, I know plenty I would like to try just for fun. :D

iammeiam

Reddit says so:

Entering a dungeon with fewer than the required number of players is done simply by having the party leader select a new option in DF. You won't be able to replenish roles, and there will be no level sync. (Yes it says that. 「レベルシンクもかからないものになります。」)This feature is available for most ARR content, but not Heavensward content. The plan is to make it available for more content in future updates.

Most ARR content is the best part since it (hopefully) shouldn't just be dungeons. Loner science time, and more reasons to keep leveling ACN and see exactly what Titan Egi can do.

Is it confirmed to not enforce level sync?

Cause if so, I know plenty I would like to try just for fun. :D

They said that you can queue without a full party by using a specific option in the DF and that it will not be level synced for ARR content. It's in one of the articles that was released recently iirc.

Which is great since it makes it a lot less annoying to help people. One of the biggest downside with helping lower level players is you lose 3/4 of your skills, and really most of the classes suck without their skills. As in, they're extremely boring and one dimensional to play. It's ok when you're leveling since you're adding new stuff as you go, but once you've gotten used to endgame rotations and stuff, it's so painful going back to 1 2 3 1 2 3. Only paladins don't care I guess, because lel endgame rotation at lvl 26.

Good also for farming glamour sets and stuff.

They said that you can queue without a full party by using a specific option in the DF and that it will not be level synced for ARR content. It's in one of the articles that was released recently iirc.

Which is great since it makes it a lot less annoying to help people. One of the biggest downside with helping lower level players is you lose 3/4 of your skills, and really most of the classes suck without their skills. As in, they're extremely boring and one dimensional to play. It's ok when you're leveling since you're adding new stuff as you go, but once you've gotten used to endgame rotations and stuff, it's so painful going back to 1 2 3 1 2 3. Only paladins don't care I guess, because lel endgame rotation at lvl 26.

Good also for farming glamour sets and stuff.

We will be free of this pain in Heavensward.

scy

Most ARR content is the best part since it (hopefully) shouldn't just be dungeons. Loner science time, and more reasons to keep leveling ACN and see exactly what Titan Egi can do.

Don't be a monster, use Carbuncle.

it's more adorable

iammeiam

How do I use Carbuncle and still Akh Morn things though?

Because if that is possible I may just never get around to getting Garuda.

Zalasta

Are you suppose to get the Lucis crafting tool before trying for the Master Book II? Because I just recently looked at the recipes, the 3-star items required for Lucis seem to be half as easy to make than the 3-star items needed for the book.

Are you suppose to get the Lucis crafting tool before trying for the Master Book II? Because I just recently looked at the recipes, the 3-star items required for Lucis seem to be half as easy to make than the 3-star items needed for the book.

Master 2 books came before Lucis, so they're not necessary. I think they'd help though, assuming you can make them without the book? I forgot if that's the case but might as well if you can. It won't help a whole lot though iirc. If at all.

Master 2 books are just kinda weird. They're not bad once you get used to it and don't get terrible Reclaim luck, but they're very RNG dependant.

scy

How do I use Carbuncle and still Akh Morn things though?

Because if that is possible I may just never get around to getting Garuda.

iEHZhuz.png

Soon(tm)

gryvan

ruby carbuncle will cast on ally party members and will reflect all magical damage for 10 seconds (which include teraflare and akh morn)

If only!

WolvenOne

If they do implement Egi Glamour, I hope they give players the option to use entirely new Glamour on thier egis.

So, maybe Glamour one of Ramuhs adjudacators. Or Titan Egi in a top hat and monocle.

iammeiam

No seriously if I can summon a floating Amon's Hat and Akh Morn things I think there's a law somewhere that says that has to be my main job?
inc 200 DPS but I wouldn't even care

Everyone gets a Ravishan-egi

Can I make it wear non awful clothes

Also BG has a translation of a Dengeki thing; most of it is stuff already well covered but this is still extremely confusing:

The biggest new action, though, is the consumable "Bahamut Aether," which is granted by consuming Aetherflow.

The "Bahamut Aether" buff has the effect of increasing magic damage dealt, and allows you to trigger "Dreadwyrm Trance" when you reach three stacks. With the effect of Dreadwyrm Trance active, you can activate a highly damaging action. Thus far, the uses for Aetherflow have been pretty fixed, so this will force you to put some further thought into it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Reached level 45 White Mage just as my sub ended, time to get 30 more days. I can pay with my Steam wallet, right?

Also, when are we Steam users going to be able to buy the expansion?
Yeah, if you purchased it on Steam you should see a Steam Wallet option on Mogstation.

scy

Also BG has a translation of a Dengeki thing; most of it is stuff already well covered but this is still extremely confusing:

Hm ... it seems like the rotation will be: Dump Aetherflow as fast as possible to get Bahamut Aether stacks, activate Dreadwyrm Trance and dump Bahamut Aether when Aetherflow is off cooldown?

There's some vague "Do stuff with the things" in the middle but seems like that's the goal. Dump one resource to gain a new resource, dump that resource to switch back to the other resource.

iammeiam

Hm ... it seems like the rotation will be: Dump Aetherflow as fast as possible to get Bahamut Aether stacks, activate Dreadwyrm Trance and dump Bahamut Aether when Aetherflow is off cooldown?

There's some vague "Do stuff with the things" in the middle but seems like that's the goal. Dump one resource to gain a new resource, dump that resource to switch back to the other resource.

Need more details on Painflare vs Deathflare maybe. If Bahamut Aether stacks boost magic damage overall, what you're doing between hitting 3 stacks and Aetherflow being back up probably determine whether it's better to blow all 3 stacks at once at the end or slow bleed them off over however long 3x Painflare CDs is. Also means the first attacks after activating Aetherflow will end up being the weakest I think?

scy

Need more details on Painflare vs Deathflare maybe. If Bahamut Aether stacks boost magic damage overall, what you're doing between hitting 3 stacks and Aetherflow being back up probably determine whether it's better to blow all 3 stacks at once at the end or slow bleed them off over however long 3x Painflare CDs is. Also means the first attacks after activating Aetherflow will end up being the weakest I think?

Hilariously, this means new Tri-Disaster is the worst part of my new rotation \o/

Yeah, I need to know the details of the other skills so I can fill in the blanks. Currently just working off this weird rotation of strange buff timings to lead to weird DoT refresh timings.

until then I'll just do stuff? with the thing?

Valor

I want to go back to complaining about bard stuff. Is it June 19th yet? Is Heavensward even up for sale on PSN yet? How do you prove you exist...? Maybe we don't exist...

WolvenOne

I want to go back to complaining about bard stuff. Is it June 19th yet? Is Heavensward even up for sale on PSN yet? How do you prove you exist...? Maybe we don't exist...

Is this your way of telling us that you'll be going Black Mage in Heavensward?

Stuart444

So because some people thought the item level sync would still be in the dungeons just without the normal level sync, a SE person confirmed that there is no item level sync either.

Greetings,

Just for clarification, using this system will not remove the item drops, therefore you can use this feature to obtain minions, equipment for glamour, and the items needed to upgrade Zodiac weapons.

Additionally, there is no item level sync, so you'll be able to enter content at the highest level and item level.

On the other hand, if you are looking for more of a challenge, then you can use another feature which will sync to the lowest level set for that duty.

The development team is looking forward to seeing how everyone will use these new feature to create your own unique challenges and group events. They plan on using what they see as reference for future development.

It's going to be fun to go in, I'll gather as many mobs as possible while Alice holys the shit out of them all.

Just because we can.

edit: also AV as an ACTUAL level 50 instead of 49 >_>

rubius01

...... Can we eight man those raids? Please?

10 may be the minimum in ST because of scylla's balls will freeze everyone.

You might need three parties (4/2/2) for the WoD Atomos battle. Not sure if you can get away with only killing one over and over or if you have to kill all 3 or what.

And 12 is the minimum in LotA

aceface

RPGCrazied

Thanks for the help Viktor. I think that was your name, sorry if I don't recall it.

Chocobo ate all the fruit, can't wait to see the color tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom