• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So DRGs get a Crit+ for party ability.
Nice, but I still don't see -INT attached to Disembowel. Fix this Yoshida.

Ruruja

Can anyone explain to me how do i get on the 3rd rank of my GC?

I completed the hunting log but the npc says something about a trial but doesn't specify shit, the other npcs there have no quest mark on them :(

Once you've accepted the quest from the person in the GC hall, you have to do Aurum Vale, speak to the guy outside it.

For whatever reason a good portion of my FC and another FC gathered in our house and silently roleplayed a courtroom scene for three hours last night. Complete with a 12 person jury, judge, defense team, prosecutor team and 30 person audience. Everyone dressed in proper clothes except a female Lala and male Roe who were allowed to stand in the back of the audience naked the entire time.

It was pretty funny overall and I guess I'm now officially a member of Balmung sever after roleplaying something like that. Seems the entire thing was this little video project a friend of our leader was working on.

Oh the trial was totally fucking rigged since our FC-leader was the Lalafell on trial and the jury consisted almost entirely of Lalafells.

BadRNG

Wow, another enmity-related move for NIN? Honestly sounds like a complete waste of a new job skill. Unless they are completely reworking the entire enmity system, threat issues only really happen thanks to user error or massive gear disparities in the party. I'd be surprised if they were reworking it too since they've already buffed tank aggro a decent amount on more than one occasion.

I guess I can be happy they aren't like, completely destroying the class identity ala BRD, but all the NIN info thus far has been pretty disappointing. Huton-refresh combo is the only real exciting news they have gotten. And even that is debatable because being able to use an extra Raiton (or Fuma if non-perfect latency) once every set is not incredibly exciting compared to all the new aspects other jobs are getting

RK9039

ffxiv_30052015_134748e2qxz.jpg

I finally got that whisper. I feel special.

RPGCrazied

Oh, this is cool! My chocobo's color is red, but something odd is the wrong red. I'm not going to complain though. I fed him for blood red, and got dalamud red. Is it random what within that color grade you get? Can you buy dalamud red dye for gear anywhere? I found the blood red dye for sale.

Apoptomon

Oh, this is cool! My chocobo's color is red, but something odd is the wrong red. I'm not going to complain though. I fed him for blood red, and got dalamud red. Is it random what within that color grade you get? Can you buy dalamud red dye for gear anywhere? I found the blood red dye for sale.

The chocobo colouring system does sometimes seem to be a bit wonky like that. Dalamud Red should be available on the market board (but possibly not an NPC vendor). If not, any level 30 crafter can make a pot using red pigment (from gathering/marketboard).

RPGCrazied

The chocobo colouring system does sometimes seem to be a bit wonky like that. Dalamud Red should be available on the market board (but possibly not an NPC vendor). If not, any level 30 crafter can make a pot using red pigment (from gathering/marketboard).

Don't think an NPC vendor has them, searching on google. Reason why I wanted blood red, cause you can buy blood red dye from a vendor super cheap. :p

dramatis

So I want to make my chocobo's color blood red. Says I need Valfruit x14, O'Ghomoro Berries x14, Xelphatol Apple x14. You can't buy the seeds. I know the estate has a garden. I don't know if I have allied seals or not, I know about getting fate seals though. How do you farm allied ones?

I probably should have checked for you, but if you were starting from Desert Yellow your feed should have been

12 × Mamook Pear
17 × Xelphatol Apple
19 × O'Ghomoro Berries

for Blood Red, and not the list you mentioned in your first post. Where did you get your information?

If you want to dye from Dalamud Red to Blood Red, you will need another 6 hours, same rotating feed method, and these fruits:

4 × Valfruit
5 × Doman Plum
6 × Cieldalaes Pineapple

RPGCrazied

I probably should have checked for you, but if you were starting from Desert Yellow your feed should have been

12 × Mamook Pear
17 × Xelphatol Apple
19 × O'Ghomoro Berries

for Blood Red, and not the list you mentioned in your first post. Where did you get your information?

If you want to dye from Dalamud Red to Blood Red, you will need another 6 hours, same rotating feed method, and these fruits:

4 × Valfruit
5 × Doman Plum
6 × Cieldalaes Pineapple

The site was this, and I was already at the default color, did absolutely nothing to him coloring wise.

http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Chocobo_Colors

I probably won't bother. I mean, if the fruit was easier to get myself I would be coloring them all day, everyday, lol. I don't want to keep bugging guild mates for these fruits.

Dalamud red is still a pretty red, I just won't be matching unless I find someone to make a bunch of dalamud dye for me without breaking bank.

Eldren

Wow, another enmity-related move for NIN? Honestly sounds like a complete waste of a new job skill. Unless they are completely reworking the entire enmity system, threat issues only really happen thanks to user error or massive gear disparities in the party. I'd be surprised if they were reworking it too since they've already buffed tank aggro a decent amount on more than one occasion.

I guess I can be happy they aren't like, completely destroying the class identity ala BRD, but all the NIN info thus far has been pretty disappointing. Huton-refresh combo is the only real exciting news they have gotten. And even that is debatable because being able to use an extra Raiton (or Fuma if non-perfect latency) once every set is not incredibly exciting compared to all the new aspects other jobs are getting

I don't remember if this translation from Slycer over at BG was posted but it mentions two other things for NIN at least, Issou which strengthens a single weapon skill, and a new 3-stage physical attack called Mugen Sandan. So...better than a poke in the eye, I guess?

There's a few other things in there as well actually. It mentions that there are no disadvantageous cards in the AST's deck which kind of goes against what other translations have said. Also the Quick Reload for MCN restores a bit of TP which is nice. Plus a couple of other names I hadn't seen before.

I don't remember if this translation from Slycer over at BG was posted but it mentions two other things for NIN at least, Issou which strengthens a single weapon skill, and a new 3-stage physical attack called Mugen Sandan. So...better than a poke in the eye, I guess?

There's a few other things in there as well actually. It mentions that there are no disadvantageous cards in the AST's deck which kind of goes against what other translations have said. Also the Quick Reload for MCN restores a bit of TP which is nice. Plus a couple of other names I hadn't seen before.

The other mentionned that the disadvantageous card was probably a translation error because the card effect was mentionned before as an example as a positive effect(take reduced damage, similar to Sacred Soil). It's quite possible there's no bad card, so it's less RNG based. It'd still be RNG, but only "good" effects is a better way to handle it.

Stuart444

Thank you! Honestly when I started doing this with no MMO experience I didn't even think I was going to try coil much less beat all of it. Doing it with Chocolate at my side has been a great experience for both of us. Special thanks to everyone who helped us along the way, especially Angary and Rin who wiped with us on T13 for hours and hours of practice when they had absolutely no reason to.

Yay! That Acolyte's robe I picked up on my very first run through Sastasha. Still one of my favorite gear pieces in the game.

Grats on the clear :D

edit:

"What makes a Dark knight a Dark knight is the action "Dark side" they learn at level 30. This increases the damage you deal but during this stance your mp keeps draining and you don't get the effect of ballad. BUT you can use it while you're in grit stance."

From the comments on reddit about the famitsu article.

Interesting stuff.

Eldren

The other mentionned that the disadvantageous card was probably a translation error because the card effect was mentionned before as an example as a positive effect(take reduced damage, similar to Sacred Soil). It's quite possible there's no bad card, so it's less RNG based. It'd still be RNG, but only "good" effects is a better way to handle it.

Hmm I must have been getting mixed up then. I thought I read one interview that said the person specifically asked if it had a negative effect and it was confirmed. I did think it would be difficult to balance if AST was subject to RNG and one of the cards would negatively impact your party. I think I'll just stick to my nice simple black mage and machinist.

IvorB

Thank you! Honestly when I started doing this with no MMO experience I didn't even think I was going to try coil much less beat all of it. Doing it with Chocolate at my side has been a great experience for both of us. Special thanks to everyone who helped us along the way, especially Angary and Rin who wiped with us on T13 for hours and hours of practice when they had absolutely no reason to.

Yay! That Acolyte's robe I picked up on my very first run through Sastasha. Still one of my favorite gear pieces in the game.

Congrats, Tomo and Chocolate!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So, the site I mentioned was wrong? Thanks, I won't go there anymore.
Remember that even with this, you might have to readjust a few times. It took me two tries to get to black I wanted using that site. Don't give up, you're close now.

As for my light farming "adventure", I have ~600 light left for the first stage. Can't wait to farm random dungeons. Too bad I don't have a lv 50 tank/healer, it would make those way easier.

Omnicent

Grats on the clear :D

edit:

From the comments on reddit about the famitsu article.

Interesting stuff.

yeah thats some cool stuff. A good dark can roll with grit + dark side active full time probably (depending on how much damage is lost vs gained I can see why ballad has no effect.)

DRK sounds better and better each day. Soon...

B-Ri

Hi NeoGAF FFXIV players!

I am doing my first-time set up now, as soon as I get my character all squared away, Ill submit the application for the guild!

See you soon!

scy

Made me think there was a third one lol. The targeted Quelling Strikes and then the targeted aggro dump (which I can see as being a really awkward thing with randoms). Hooray Ninja?

That said, it is worth noting that all three tanks seem to have good reason to avoid their actual enmity combo now. Like, Paladin can do Halone / Gore for upkeep with Royal Authority for damage instead of 100% Halone. Ninja dumping threat sort of makes it a guarantee that aggro can stay up without it. This skill also improves non-tank stance tanking for later overgearing hilarity.

...but yeah, I don't really see them as going to be super useful things, just fluff. Unless their burst with Issou / Musou Sandan becomes hilarious, I guess.

Edit: So Summoner details seem to indicate Ruin 3 gets a cost reduction under Dreadwyrm Trance. Wonder if it's still better potency-per-mp than Ruin 1 so it's just a bonus during Trance or if it's only better during trance. Hope the former so I can consolidate some buttons to push :(

Maddness

Anyone online in red dot? I got approved on the website a while back but I don't think I ever actually got an invite on the FC. I recently got back into the game and have been playing pretty regularly and remembered I should get back in.

Thanks!

Lren

Friend showed some of us the out of bounds void. It was amazing.

Huh, another Balmung resident! Yay!

Almost enough poetics for the DRG chest piece, which looks nice dyed blue sooooo another piece to make an outfit out of. Probably save up for the BRD chest just in case I can use for MCH when Heavensward rolls around.

Setzer

So I'm thinking about jumping back into game after being away for two years. I stopped playing after completing the main storyline. So, when I logged into game last night I was a little lost, not remembering anything about my White Mage and the skills plus I have a whole bunch of items in my inventory and on my retainers that I have no idea if they're worth keeping or not. Sorry, but as an older gamer(42) my long term memory isn't the greatest, especially from two years ago lol. Is there something useful I can use for reference to help me sort through my inventory or is the Lodestone my only option? The in-game tooltips are not very useful for crafting items and tell me nothing about the level of the item it helps produce.

I found the Reddit post about what I should do before Heavensward comes out, so I have that as a starting point. Any good guides for white mages out there? And any other tips you could give me would be appreciated. Thanks!

RPGCrazied

Remember that even with this, you might have to readjust a few times. It took me two tries to get to black I wanted using that site. Don't give up, you're close now.

I'll probably stick with this red, and figure out a good way to obtain the dalamud dye for my gear. Though marketplace is out, they want like 4k-5k for 1.

I want to make my other chocobo's color I have on my bard, yes I have 2 different characters :p, cactaur green. I really wish there was an easier way to get the fruit though.

WolvenOne

Made me think there was a third one lol. The targeted Quelling Strikes and then the targeted aggro dump (which I can see as being a really awkward thing with randoms). Hooray Ninja?

That said, it is worth noting that all three tanks seem to have good reason to avoid their actual enmity combo now. Like, Paladin can do Halone / Gore for upkeep with Royal Authority for damage instead of 100% Halone. Ninja dumping threat sort of makes it a guarantee that aggro can stay up without it. This skill also improves non-tank stance tanking for later overgearing hilarity.

...but yeah, I don't really see them as going to be super useful things, just fluff. Unless their burst with Issou / Musou Sandan becomes hilarious, I guess.

Edit: So Summoner details seem to indicate Ruin 3 gets a cost reduction under Dreadwyrm Trance. Wonder if it's still better potency-per-mp than Ruin 1 so it's just a bonus during Trance or if it's only better during trance. Hope the former so I can consolidate some buttons to push :(

Well, if Ninja's use their enmity dump during openers, it'll make pulling off my opener a bit easier. A Warriors enmity combo has higher potency than their other two combo's, and while our DPS stance is going to lower our enmity output I suspect the enmity combo's are still going to generate a fair deal of enmity.

So Ninja's being able to dump enmity into the MT should make it easier for me to toss out all my buffs and go crazy with my opener. Granted, that's kinda niche seeing as I could just use my Slash Debuff Combo and Mitigation Combo instead without losing TOO much DPS, but still.

Disgraced

Hey guys, prospective player here, have a couple questions:

1) How does this game feel if you've never really played that much FF ever in your life and you've never given a shit about the series before?

2) How is the RP? Lore, emotes, community, et cetera. There's RP servers, right? Are there RP-PVP ones?

Hey guys, prospective player here, have a couple questions:

1) How does this game feel if you've never really played that much FF ever in your life and you've never given a shit about the series before?

2) How is the RP? Lore, emotes, community, et cetera. There's RP servers, right? Are there RP-PVP ones?

1) story is pretty basic and isnt that hard to understand if you havent played other final fantasies. You'll miss out on something but it isnt importatn

2) there are RP servers, I forget which ones, but there is no open world pvp so no RP-PVP servers. Almost all content is instanced

Disgraced

1) story is pretty basic and isnt that hard to understand if you havent played other final fantasies. You'll miss out on something but it isnt importatn

2) there are RP servers, I forget which ones, but there is no open world pvp so no RP-PVP servers. Almost all content is instanced
Alrighty, thanks!

BadRNG

Haha no, I had heard of the Redirect-style skill but this is first I've heard of smoke bomb. It just seems one too many.

Alrighty, thanks!
Balmung is the main "unofficial" RP server I think, as there's no official destination like some other games have.

Sora_N

Im ... super lost and dont know where the hell im supposed to go next

I still face that after a month but you'll get used to it. The quests usually tell you where to go but there's a button you can click to see where on the world map it's near also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom