• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLCKATK

If anyone from GAF is playing on Balmung, feel free to add me. My IGN is Lenz Sabre. I've been playing for awhile and would love to meet some new people or help anybody that needs it.

It'll probably be something boring like firing a super railgun though, or maybe some orbital cannon kind of beam. Guess it depends if it's supposed to be an aoe LB or single target LB. But yeah I had thought of some sort of Cid bombarding the area from the Enterprise, though it'd be hard to make it look good due to the distance needed for it to not look stupid and the super large model and stuff. I guess Cid could come on a Magitek armor instead, would look kinda meh.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So I'm thinking about jumping back into game after being away for two years. I stopped playing after completing the main storyline. So, when I logged into game last night I was a little lost, not remembering anything about my White Mage and the skills plus I have a whole bunch of items in my inventory and on my retainers that I have no idea if they're worth keeping or not. Sorry, but as an older gamer(42) my long term memory isn't the greatest, especially from two years ago lol. Is there something useful I can use for reference to help me sort through my inventory or is the Lodestone my only option? The in-game tooltips are not very useful for crafting items and tell me nothing about the level of the item it helps produce.

I found the Reddit post about what I should do before Heavensward comes out, so I have that as a starting point. Any good guides for white mages out there? And any other tips you could give me would be appreciated. Thanks!
You can use XIVDB.com to figure out the crafting use of an item and then use the market board in game to figure out if the crafted items are worth anything. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the stuff is junk though, there's a lot of worthless drops in the game.

suzu

Anyone online in red dot? I got approved on the website a while back but I don't think I ever actually got an invite on the FC. I recently got back into the game and have been playing pretty regularly and remembered I should get back in.

Thanks!

Try messaging this person in-game (Eithne Rain). They're listed in the OP.

No one sends invites. Look for someone with the "GAF" tag in town or come to the GAF house in Mist (1st ward, NE corner). Then right click them and send a FC application.

Red Dot is on Sargatanas. GAF is on Ultros.

RK9039

thats how it has usually worked for me. Get nothing for a long time then SE makes it rain.

Yeah only happened once for me. The rest I had to do a few Fates before the crystals dropped. I just have one more left.

I read the quests for all the remaining phases... I think this entire weapon quest is probably the most farming you'll do in this game. I won't be doing this for any other classes and I'm not sure if I can even manage doing this for one class at all.

RPGCrazied

I want to give a big thank you to Zalera, he/she was so nice and gave me like 60 something dalamud dyes. I really can't thank you enough. :) I match better on my chocobo now, its awesome.

Stuart444

I haven't done any of these raid runs yet, are they really hard?

First coil: Not very, Twin is the hardest of them.

Second and Final are steps up and can be difficult unless you have a good and/or experienced group.

Except T7/Second turn of Second Coil. That is laughably easy and hilariously good fun.

hythloday

Im ... super lost and dont know where the hell im supposed to go next

Heh I started today too (on a free trial). I don't know if it will end in a purchase yet but you're not the only clueless one! I saw a popup that a FATE was nearby and some people were killing a thing and I have no idea what that was.

This game really is gorgeous.

dcye

First coil: Not very, Twin is the hardest of them.

Second and Final are steps up and can be difficult unless you have a good and/or experienced group.

Except T7/Second turn of Second Coil. That is laughably easy and hilariously good fun.

Heh.

Second Coil is mechanics city, though it's gotten some of the teeth taken out of it. Final Coil is relatively simple to learn in comparison but still a challenge.

ulgDzAj.jpg

Finishing the day at level 15. Having a ton of fun... Wonderful game so far.

Night, all.

Stuart444

So Another night of wiping to T13. Did some T13 DF groups and then a GAF group.

It went... not well haha. And I literally can't see shit just now, everything is a blurry mess (health condition made worse by being up at 4 - 5am) but it was a laugh considering some of the mess ups haha.

Seriously, even with the wipes, it was good fun.

Hopefully we'll get it down soon.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So some of us helped out Dj Icey with clearing T5, first time me and Alice have done this since we cleared it originally. It was fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVoGlVVbsdk

Trapping Galen with Liquid Hell was fun haha.

If you're reading this, congrats again Dj on the clear :)
That was fun. I hate the liquid hell spam at the end so much. I don't know if there is a "proper" way to deal with it in that fight. I always end up mashing sprint and run around the wall like s mad man.

Grats on the clear DJ

Stimpack

Finishing the day at level 15. Having a ton of fun... Wonderful game so far.

Night, all.

Hey, I'm sitting over in the Giant Bomb guild. I just started yesterday and I'm around the same level. If you'd like to group up or something, let me know. I'd like to get some group experience before I end up getting into dungeons and whatnot.

dragn

so i just pre ordered heavensward and only played 2 months on arr release. wanna start new so i need to know which eu server the most active/high pop is ;]

tmtyf

If anyone from GAF is playing on Balmung, feel free to add me. My IGN is Lenz Sabre. I've been playing for awhile and would love to meet some new people or help anybody that needs it.

I'm on Balmung as well. IGN Maylenue Jenius if anybody wants to do anything or needs a FC.

I actually also just started up a Adder Frontline LS but we still get destroyed atm ^__^; dem all blm pts :\

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Despite my best efforts I was unable to get to 2k light today.
Mostly because bonus during the last bit being terrible. If it's not something easy tomorrow, I'll just run ST 3 times and be done with this.

WolvenOne

Apparently ARR quests will give double XP and better quest rewards once the expansion hits. So I guess that'll be a decent time to level an alt, if anyone has been meaning to.

Apparently ARR quests will give double XP and better quest rewards once the expansion hits. So I guess that'll be a decent time to level an alt, if anyone has been meaning to.

Source? Didn't see anything about that anywhere but it'd make sense for them to make old leveling less crappy. Wonder if they'll buff leves too and stuff for people who have done the quests already.

B-Ri

Is there any app or site that has better maps? These maps are atrocious and the game does an awful job of telling you how to get places.

Pachimari

I have just signed up again, after doing a break of a few months. So I see, I have signed up for 60 days, I guess that's the lowest subscription? I thought there were a 30-day one as well, or is that only for the free trial?

suzu

Is there any app or site that has better maps? These maps are atrocious and the game does an awful job of telling you how to get places.

It takes some getting used to. You should be able to click on the quest journal or quest text on the screen to see where a quest is located on the map.

Tip: Click/attune to every aetheryte crystal (especially the little ones in the main cities) that you come across and abuse the teleports.

I have just signed up again, after doing a break of a few months. So I see, I have signed up for 60 days, I guess that's the lowest subscription? I thought there were a 30-day one as well, or is that only for the free trial?

There is a 30-day subscription.

aceface

Hmm alright. I payed €12 for 60 days apparently.

If I start over with a new character, will I still be able to get all of my rewards for that one character?

What happened is you got 30 days free and paid 12 euro for the next 30 days. After that they will charge you 12 euro for every 30 days.

Pachimari

Great, thanks! One last question before I start all over with a new character on my PC,

Cerberus is the most popular EU server, and Ultros is still the most popular in the US? The GAF clan is on the Ultros world?

What happened is you got 30 days free and paid 12 euro for the next 30 days. After that they will charge you 12 euro for every 30 days.
Oh that way. Wonder why I got 30 days free. I have had the game since launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom