• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Okay, losing both a girlfriend and a friend within the past week - I can imagine myself spending a whole lot of hours on this game starting tomorrow. Got nothing to do on Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays anyway. Ugh, am I sad. Hopefully Final Fantasy can cheer me up, just a little bit really.

Okay, losing both a girlfriend and a friend within the past week - I can imagine myself spending a whole lot of hours on this game starting tomorrow. Got nothing to do on Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays anyway. Ugh, am I sad. Hopefully Final Fantasy can cheer me up, just a little bit really.

If you're free on Tuesday you'll get at least one day off E3!

Sora_N

Sorry man. Same for me a month ago, this game helped me a bit.

Mets9

I picked gladiator, but I realised that it's a tank class and I don't really like ranking.
Do I lose something if I change class (something lìke "you can be something else, but you won't be as strong as you would be if it was your main class"), or I can change freely without downsides?

Sora_N

I picked gladiator, but I realised that it's a tank class and I don't really like ranking.
Do I lose something if I change class (something lìke "you can be something else, but you won't be as strong as you would be if it was your main class"), or I can change freely without downsides?

No downside

plake

No downside except for that PLD > all

Stimpack

Actually, I'm just going to put my username out here for anyone who wants to quote. I'm very new, and would prefer to team up with other new people as well so that we can learn the ropes. See ya!

How is Ultros considered a low population server when I just hit a "The World is Full" queue message?

I can only imagine how big that line is going to get when Early Access hits.

hythloday

Actually, I'm just going to put my username out here for anyone who wants to quote. I'm very new, and would prefer to team up with other new people as well so that we can learn the ropes. See ya!

Howdy, I'm new too! Played the trial yesterday, and bought the game today after I caught myself waking up this morning and logging in pretty much right away since I had nothing better to do.

Feel free to quote/look me up.

I was wondering how long it would take to see someone from GAF in the wild, and it didn't take long. My first sight of GAF was a lalafel in underwear dancing. I was not disappointed.

Howdy, I'm new too! Played the trial yesterday, and bought the game today after I caught myself waking up this morning and logging in pretty much right away since I had nothing better to do.

Feel free to quote/look me up.

I was wondering how long it would take to see someone from GAF in the wild, and it didn't take long. My first sight of GAF was a lalafel in underwear dancing. I was not disappointed.

thats pretty typical

IvorB

Sorry, mate. :-(

Sora_N

It seriously sucks. And I actually feel like I am at the worst I have ever been in my life, but I'm counting on Final Fantasy XIV (and some online chats with ya'll), and some fitness center work to bring me back up.

I won't be able to help much but feel free to PM me eh.

My IGN is Sora N' also.

We can pull through this.

RPGCrazied

Yay, got Blizzard II and Fire II finally. And maybe I'm using it wrong, but thunder seems really weak. Already got archer on this character to 15, so got that out of the way. Going for a Black Mage now.

Yay, got Blizzard II and Fire II finally. And maybe I'm using it wrong, but thunder seems really weak. Already got archer on this character to 15, so got that out of the way. Going for a Black Mage now.

Thunder is and will stay weak. It's mostly useful for the endgame rotation due to the short free time you have in blizzard phase, it acts as a good filler then and the rare procs are good. Iirc you get the thunder proc passive at like 26 or 28 or maybe 32, basically every tick it gives a chance to make your next thunder instant and deal an equal amount of damage as the entire dot right at the start, making it into a good nuke every now and then.

For soloing it's mostly useless though unless fighting harder monsters that have enough health to live for a bit. Rest of the time you might as well just Fire.

The class gets a lot better once you reach 40/44. Before that it's a bit dull, even though it is also easy and pretty strong at soloing and doing dungeons.

Item Box

No downside except for that PLD > all
mynicca1.png

Pachimari

Okay, I'm really really grateful to the 3 of you who have private messaged me so far. I really need you, and hope to build some long-distance friendships in this game, especially after everything I have been through. I hope I can join more of you in Ultros. :)

B-Ri

find someone with a GAF tag or just player search leaving everything blank. Right click view company profile and click apply

and what this guy said

I did check the op, must have missed that.

I started the culinary guild too, or should I do something else?

I have a confession. Im starting to like Warrior.

Thing is it's completely understandable that people would find Warrior the more fun of the two tanking classes currently because they decided to stick PLD with a SINGLE COMBO that you get at level 26 and you use FOREVER AND EVER.

But that's going to change in Heavensward. PLD will have the following combos;

Fast Blade > Savage Blade > Rage of Halone = Enmity Builder

Fast Blade > Savage Blade > Royal Authority = High Damage

Fast Blade > Riot Blade > Gore Blade = Damage over Time

Fast Blade > Riot Blade > Zantetsuken = Instantly kills all enemies on the screen regardless of health (includes bosses)

These additions will make PLD fun to play again along with their new support abilities like

Clemency = Party wide heal

Divine Veil = Target affected by Divine Veil turns incoming healing into a barrier for nearby party members.

And there's some mention of another block-type ability and then there's whatever else that hasn't been revealed.

MogCakes

(insane description)

Are you serious!? Party wide heal? Heal barrier? ZANTETSUKEN? You are making me almost not regret gearing out my tanks over my healers.

I'm at the zodiac step of my relic and it's asking for HQ mats. Is it worth paying the 1.2 mil for this thing. God why is this weapon so damn expensive.

scy

Are you serious!? Party wide heal? Heal barrier? ZANTETSUKEN? You are making me almost not regret gearing out my tanks over my healers.

I'm at the zodiac step of my relic and it's asking for HQ mats. Is it worth paying the 1.2 mil for this thing. God why is this weapon so damn expensive.

Well, the Zantetsuken one is a joke.

And Clemency isn't a party heal last I heard.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Just out of curiosity, do we know if glamour will be only use of the Zeta weapon is the expansion after we get an ilv 140 weapon?

The new relic chain is supposed to not require clearing the ARR one, right?

Just out of curiosity, do we know if glamour will be only use of the Zeta weapon is the expansion after we get an ilv 140 weapon?

The new relic chain is supposed to not require clearing the ARR one, right?

The only thing we get for having Zeta in the expac, is an unlock to use all previous forms of the weapon as glamour. Zeta will not give any other advantage.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The only thing we get for having Zeta in the expac, is an unlock to use all previous forms of the weapon as glamour. Zeta will not give any other advantage.
Awesome! I guess I'll get to the end of Novus and throw my relic rod away then. Way too little payoff to bother with the last 2 steps if they're as bad as they sound. :p

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
When you guys are practicing DPS on a dummy, what conditions do you parse under? Do you drink food and use pots or do you go without any sort of buff? How long do you generally parse for?

When you guys are practicing DPS on a dummy, what conditions do you parse under? Do you drink food and use pots or do you go without any sort of buff? How long do you generally parse for?

i dont use anything and do around 5 minutes, but Im pretty lazy and cheap

I got into one PvP match today.

I would like to play more but I can't make it a habit of waiting for an hour and a half (not an exaggeration) with no matches being found in queue.

Even worse than DPS queues which I didn't think was possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom